Bring4th

Full Version: Welcome back to the Lighthouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to share an anecdote on my spiritual path. Over the last few days, I have come to a complete personal understanding of being a lighthouse to others, rather than a search light.

Since waking up about a year ago I have been very excited in learning about all the amazing things in our world... PSI phenomena, UFOs... and less transient things such as The Law of One, our individual and group divinity, etc. So excited have I been, that, despite the Confederation's advice of being a lighthouse, I have some times acted as a search light, actively seeking out some (not all) of my friends in an attempt to share with them my "ah ha" topics. These topics have been received with mixed results.

I do not believe I am able to actually violate another human's free will since I am also a human and we co-exist in the same density, but I do now (finally) see the folly in trying to show another what I see as truth. This culminated yesterday as I attempted to show a friend of mine that there is validity in PSI research, citing numerous studies, gov't programs and a hundred other things, even including a skeptic's acceptance that remote viewing has passed scientific rigor. Despite all these things, my friend was still able to think up some reasons why it could all be hogwash. And in light of this (what I see to be) grand self-deception, it hit me on the head that: "of course!" No matter what I show my friend, even if I could read his mind and recite back to him word for word his passing thoughts, he would not believe. Belief is a choice, my friends.

Having this experience has given me context for the Confederation's lighthouse anaology. And that is exactly what I intend to become. A bright one, at that! Smile I still intend to share my interests and thoughts with others, but on a much less serious basis, and only when I suspect highly that such a person would be interested to begin with. If I share any thoughts at all, I will not peruse the topic if mutual interest is not shown.

What we believe on Earth is what our higher selves has chosen for us to know, so that we might utilize our lessons most fully. So essentially I think so long as it does not lead to harm of others, it really doesn't matter what you believe. If you choose to worship a ham sandwich or you choose to worship yourself and others as divine creator, we all go home to the same place at the end of our shifts.

Namaste
(09-15-2009, 01:26 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]What we believe on Earth is what our higher selves has chosen for us to know, so that we might utilize our lessons most fully.

Hi Lavazza,

Congratulations on your epiphany. You are obviously on the right path. The only thing you've said that I would take a slight exception to is the above sentence. It is important to remember that we are granted free will when we step behind the veil and incarnate as humans in this 3D world. As such, the the higher self does not choose what we believe. We do. Here and now. Bearing this in mind, you can look at yourself as a tool possibly helping people wake up. They must choose to do so, but just as Ra stated that the Confederation allowed sightings of their spacecraft shortly after the atomic bombs were used in order to "create a sense of mystery and wonder", so too do you offer those to the people that you reach out to.

From personal experience, I have learned that less is more in any such interactions, getting them thinking and wondering what else you know that you haven't shared. Thus you change them from a skeptical audience to an inquisitive one. Any way though, I do firmly believe that there are no mistakes, and that the best way to get people curious is to simply be an example of the type of person that they want to be. Then people start approaching you, rather than you approaching them.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
Lavazza, if you haven't already, may I suggest that you go to the podcast page at the Sons of the Law of One web site ( Sons of LOO Podcast Page), and download some of the wonderful, uplifting podcasts available there. They are full of information that is useful to one who wishes to be a lighthouseCoolBigSmile

I especially recommend the channelings of Ptaah, Seth, and Emmanuel.
(09-15-2009, 01:26 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Belief is a choice, my friends.
Amen!

But while it is a choice, we should not ignore the fact that you offered him an opportunity to see his ideas from another angle. Over time this will have effects, large or small. In the spirit of being together, this is a service. The intent to convince doesn't do much... But the intent to share which is in there does.

Quote:Having this experience has given me context for the Confederation's lighthouse anaology. And that is exactly what I intend to become. A bright one, at that! Smile I still intend to share my interests and thoughts with others, but on a much less serious basis, and only when I suspect highly that such a person would be interested to begin with. If I share any thoughts at all, I will not peruse the topic if mutual interest is not shown.
Ironically I think you just became a better communicator. The intent to convince often expresses itself almost as saying "believe this" and the response almost expresses itself as "I am my own being, I'll be the judge of that". In effect losing the message in a battle of ego's.

It's very zen like, move without moving. Convince without convincing.

Quote:What we believe on Earth is what our higher selves has chosen for us to know, so that we might utilize our lessons most fully. So essentially I think so long as it does not lead to harm of others, it really doesn't matter what you believe. If you choose to worship a ham sandwich or you choose to worship yourself and others as divine creator, we all go home to the same place at the end of our shifts.
Amen. Smile
(09-15-2009, 02:02 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations on your epiphany. You are obviously on the right path. The only thing you've said that I would take a slight exception to is the above sentence. It is important to remember that we are granted free will when we step behind the veil and incarnate as humans in this 3D world. As such, the the higher self does not choose what we believe. We do. Here and now.

Hello Dear 3D, and Thank you! Yes, I do agree with your statement on this. My own was speaking to the effect that one's higher self may (or indeed may not) have a vested interest in keeping certain idea / thoughts away from it's incarnate counterpart, because such information although true, simply may not be in the best interest of specific lessons. Of course this is extremely subjective so there may be little to no use in speculating too heavily here.

3D Sunset Wrote:Bearing this in mind, you can look at yourself as a tool possibly helping people wake up. They must choose to do so, but just as Ra stated that the Confederation allowed sightings of their spacecraft shortly after the atomic bombs were used in order to "create a sense of mystery and wonder", so too do you offer those to the people that you reach out to.

This certainly may be true although it is a fine line to walk. In talking with friends, I've seen a range of reactions from indifferent, to humoring (me), to interested, and even to a feeling of close kinmanship. It seems clear to me that in seeing these different reactions, some people are definitely not open, some are open, and some are accepting. To what degree these entities' higher selves are working in conjunction with their 3rd density selves, I can not say. But I would venture that some people simply won't listen to anything outside of their consensus reality, and I suspect some personal guidance on that point.

Another aspect I intended to mention but forgot to initially is a feeling of 'depolarizing' when I would eventually engage someone who finds the material ridiculous or worse. I would then feel compelled (perhaps to my folly) to defend what I believe in to some degree. The end result is no change at all in my friend, and me feeling tired and irritated. Having sufficiently dimmed my light, I would need at least the rest of the day to re-energize. So, part of my retraction back in to my light house has been somewhat for self polarizing preservation. I cannot help but to wonder if 4th density Confederation entities coming off the Orion battle front would not feel the same.

Eddie Wrote:Lavazza, if you haven't already, may I suggest that you go to the podcast page at the Sons of the Law of One web site

Thank you Eddie! Would you believe that I've subscribed to that podcast since last November, have downloaded each to my iTunes (having renamed each in numerical order, "by hand"), have listened to almost each one twice and certain ones up to 7-8 times, and have been in touch with Glen directly to offer feedback? Smile You've met another fan, to be sure, and I'm glad to hear you enjoy it as well. He has aggregated many great sources of wisdom, may I say. And he does a great job with the narration. I wonder if we could bring him to the forum?
(09-15-2009, 06:55 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically I think you just became a better communicator. The intent to convince often expresses itself almost as saying "believe this" and the response almost expresses itself as "I am my own being, I'll be the judge of that". In effect losing the message in a battle of ego's.

It's very zen like, move without moving. Convince without convincing.

I definitely agree. In some sense, the very nature of trying too hard to show someone your truth may be uncomfortably similar to, or at least be a shadow of many western religions' philosophy of missionary work. A flawed approach I would say... the flip side being that it is very hard to not talk about what is incredibly uplifting for you! But, it will be an excellent lesson in being humble in learning to share only when asked.

At least we as a group here can express such thoughts between ourselves.
I have become so taken with these podcasts, that it seems that all I want to do is listen to them! They really sing to my soul.