Bring4th

Full Version: Crystal Technology: It's Happening!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What you say? " A tiny crystal could hold the secret to computers of the future, unimaginably more powerful than today's most advanced supercomputers." Now we just need some scientists to realize the potential of crystals and energy!

Tiny Crystal May Hold Key to Future of Computers
Read my mind about the "energy" part of this. I haven't put too much thought into the computer side of it, but this statement is just "wow":
Quote:Preliminary tests indicate that the new processor can eclipse the capacity of current computers by an extraordinary 80 orders of magnitude -- a one with 80 zeros after it -- potentially taking computing into a new dimension.
So interesting!

I remember when I purchased my first home computer. A little DOS based 386 with a 40 MB hard drive that my brother in law said was "excessive" and that I'd NEVER need that much of a hard drive.

Ah, I just heard about this the other day. Isn't the crystal's power potential apparently supposed to be 1 with 80 0's after it (i.e. huge WTF number) more powerful than a regular computer!?