Bring4th

Full Version: Polarize
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find this to be a conceptual aid.

Definition of COMPASSION
: sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it

Synonyms: commiseration, sympathy, feeling

-----------------

polarize (pl-rz)

3. To cause the electrical and magnetic fields associated with electromagnetic waves, especially light, to vibrate in a particular direction or path. The transverse electric and magnetic waves always vibrate at right angles to each other, but in ordinary unpolarized light sources, the direction of polarization of each wave is randomly distributed. Light can be polarized by reflection, and by passing through certain materials. See more at polarization.

----
1. (verb) polarize, polarise
cause to vibrate in a definite pattern
----

Synonyms: center, compact, concenter, concentrate, consolidate, centralize, unify, unite
-------

po·lar·i·za·tion (plr--zshn)
2. A concentration, as of groups, forces, or interests, about two conflicting or contrasting positions.

-----

polarization, polarisation [ˌpəʊləraɪˈzeɪʃən]

2. (Physics / General Physics) Physics the process or phenomenon in which the waves of light or other electromagnetic radiation are restricted to certain directions of vibration, usually specified in terms of the electric field vector

------

har·vest (härvst)

3. The result or consequence of an activity.

------

Definition of REFINED
3: precise, exact

Synonyms: developed, evolved, forward, high, higher, improved, progressive, advanced

-----------

Reconcile

• To settle or resolve.
• To bring (oneself) to accept:

------------

Definition of COMMUNION

1: an act or instance of sharing
3: intimate fellowship or rapport

-----------
federal

1. of or relating to a form of government or a country in which power is divided between one central and several regional governments

2. of or relating to a treaty between provinces, states, etc, that establishes a political unit in which power is so divided

3. of or relating to the central government of a federation

4. of or relating to any union or association of parties or groups that retain some autonomy

Federate

1. to unite in a federation.

2. to organize on a federal basis.

fed·er·a·tion

1. the act of federating or uniting in a league.

2. the formation of a political unity, with a central government, by a number of separate states, each of which retains control of its own internal affairs.

3. a league or confederacy.

4. a federated body formed by a number of nations, states, societies, unions, etc., each retaining control of its own internal affairs.

con·fed·er·a·tion
1. the act of confederating.

2. the state of being confederated.

3. a league or alliance.

-------------------

galactic

2. Of enormous size; immense.

-----------------

Infinity
5. (Mus.) Capable of endless repetition; - said of certain forms of the canon, called also perpetual fugues, so constructed that their ends lead to their beginnings, and the performance may be incessantly repeated.

3DMonkey

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=A...&st=phrase

IMO, since alleviation is to lessen, it is entirely within the self to accomplish. The only help that is offered is going directly to the suffering.
alleviate - Can mean "diminish the weight of"; to alleviate is not to cure, but rather to lighten, lessen, or relieve to some degree.

We either focus on alleviating for our own self, for for others...........

Moving the focus to others aligns with others and creates more movement of energy. This alignment is polarizing.

Keeping the focus on the self is not polarizing without a lot of work. What was it around 90 something percent?
Yeah, it only takes intentions of "doing" for others more than "being", since "being" implies that you are already done. Only 51%, so easy, yet so hard.

"Getting in the flow" is directly polarizing and "relinquishing" your control over what you will allow yourself to do for others.
(05-02-2012, 12:55 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]alleviate - Can mean "diminish the weight of"; to alleviate is not to cure, but rather to lighten, lessen, or relieve to some degree.

Moving the focus to others aligns with others and creates more movement of energy. This alignment is polarizing.

Keeping the focus on the self is not polarizing without a lot of work. What was it around 90 something percent?
Yeah, it only takes intentions of "doing" for others more than "being", since "being" implies that you are already done. Only 51%, so easy, yet so hard.

"Getting in the flow" is directly polarizing and "relinquishing" your control over what you will allow yourself to do for others.

I have been thinking on this topic lately as I have been doing a great deal of work in my garden and in my yard. This work time (doing) is also my time of greatest "being" in touch with Mother Earth and by "being/doing", the time when I am most focused on polarising with her, and alleviating the damage we have done as a species.

I would say, also, that in my lifetime I have learned the most about being from doing. And have also learned the most about doing by being. I could give examples . . . but I need to get back outside before the storm hits.

Love and light - and thank you Pickle for your work on our behalf!

Bump.
Thank you Pickle.

3DMonkey

(05-02-2012, 12:55 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]alleviate - Can mean "diminish the weight of"; to alleviate is not to cure, but rather to lighten, lessen, or relieve to some degree.

It's funny to see an other think of their self as every other's other. Lol, that's just a long phrase for self
good advice Pickles
Infinity
5. (Mus.) Capable of endless repetition; - said of certain forms of the canon, called also perpetual fugues, so constructed that their ends lead to their beginnings, and the performance may be incessantly repeated.
Found another definition of Polarity.

http://users.iab.uaf.edu/~derek_sikes/zo...75-14a.pdf

Quote:Introduction to Biosystematics

Why does polarity matter?

Direction of evolution: Polarity
• apomorphy: derived trait
• plesiomorphy: ancestral trait

This is a description I had not thought of, but it does seem to plug in nicely.

Shin'Ar

(05-27-2012, 01:30 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Found another definition of Polarity.

http://users.iab.uaf.edu/~derek_sikes/zo...75-14a.pdf

Quote:Introduction to Biosystematics

Why does polarity matter?

Direction of evolution: Polarity
• apomorphy: derived trait
• plesiomorphy: ancestral trait

This is a description I had not thought of, but it does seem to plug in nicely.

I have SO been using that word in error.

I have been using polarity to mean the opposite of a thing. I have not been aware of the actual way that you all have been using it as a stabilizing of direction until recently and now many things that you have all said make much more sense.

Is there any wonder why interpretations of ancient texts tend to go so awry?

On the subject of opposites.

http://rs2theory.org/books/rs2/fundament...sites.html
Quote:Opposites come in different forms. Basic mathematics represents them as inverses: the additive inverse and the multiplicative inverse. The use of complex numbers add another “opposite,” that of the complex conjugate and the dimensional datum adds an evolutive opposite1, roots and powers. Opposites require a reference point from which to measure the “opposite” character. This reference is called a datum2. A datum can have any value, but zero and unity are the common ones...

[Image: The%20Nature%20of%20Motion_html_46855720.gif]
[Image: subtractive-inverse.gif]
[Image: The%20Nature%20of%20Motion_html_m5b33fef2.gif]
[Image: The%20Nature%20of%20Motion_html_31341e26.gif]
[Image: circularly-polarizing-filter.png]