Bring4th

Full Version: Problems with focus and meditation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have steered off the path of constant meditation since around late january and I attempted to start my daily meditations again but I have a hard time attaining the same amount of focus that I once had. I am also having a hard time entering the trance state that came so quickly to me before.
I was wondering, How can I get my fantastic meditations back?

Also, thank you to the moderators for bringing the chat back, I love the chat. BigSmile Heart Smile

Love and Light.
Perhaps your higher self is causing you to move off of the deep meditations because there is something else for you to focus on right now.

Get hydrated.

I may do a post for shortcutting this, if it is not infringement LoL!
I have problems with discipline. I should be right now, enjoying making this fruit tart I'm working on (instead of multi-tasking interjecting on forum at the same time) and doing yoga, sun-bathing, meditating... every day! not just sometimes...

(05-02-2012, 10:33 AM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, How can I get my fantastic meditations back?

set aside some regular time.

(05-02-2012, 05:08 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Get hydrated.

Feel free friend BigSmile
(05-02-2012, 09:40 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2012, 10:33 AM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering, How can I get my fantastic meditations back?

That's exactly what I am going to have to do. I have to focus if I want to get back to where I once was.
(05-02-2012, 11:15 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps your higher self is causing you to move off of the deep meditations because there is something else for you to focus on right now.

Perhaps, to be honest it doesn't sound too unlikely. Graduation is coming up and I am also moving to North Carolina next month.. But wouldn't meditation only help the process more? It wouldn't make sense for my higher to restrict it from me. :-/
But then again, has our higher ever been truly straight-forward with their intentions? Tongue
(05-03-2012, 10:41 AM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]

That's exactly what I am going to have to do. I have to focus if I want to get back to where I once was.
(05-02-2012, 11:15 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps your higher self is causing you to move off of the deep meditations because there is something else for you to focus on right now.

Perhaps, to be honest it doesn't sound too unlikely. Graduation is coming up and I am also moving to North Carolina next month.. But wouldn't meditation only help the process more? It wouldn't make sense for my higher to restrict it from me. :-/
But then again, has our higher ever been truly straight-forward with their intentions? Tongue

Seems you have a series of suggestions that, when taken together. might just be the whole answer. Get hydrated, set aside some time, and then instead of focusing on and striving to get that meditative "high" you described. Just relax and "be".

I have found that my higher self is the most accurate source of suggestions and good information for me. I just have to trust and listen.

Best wishes on your graduation!
(05-03-2012, 10:51 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2012, 10:41 AM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]

Seems you have a series of suggestions that, when taken together. might just be the whole answer. Get hydrated, set aside some time, and then instead of focusing on and striving to get that meditative "high" you described. Just relax and "be".

I have found that my higher self is the most accurate source of suggestions and good information for me. I just have to trust and listen.

Best wishes on your graduation!

Thanks heaps.
Love and Light. Smile
Do you plan to attend Homecoming? I might be able to help you with that.
Long gone Eddie, Prom is this weekend and I don't even have plans on going to that.
(05-03-2012, 08:24 PM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]Long gone Eddie, Prom is this weekend and I don't even have plans on going to that.

I'm pretty sure Eddie's referring to L/L Research's Homecoming at the end of August. Here's information about the one last year: http://www.llresearch.org/homecomings/ho..._2011.aspx
(05-03-2012, 09:13 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2012, 08:24 PM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]Long gone Eddie, Prom is this weekend and I don't even have plans on going to that.

I'm pretty sure Eddie's referring to L/L Research's Homecoming at the end of August. Here's information about the one last year: http://www.llresearch.org/homecomings/ho..._2011.aspx

Thanks for clearing that up, haha.
Now that you have shown me this I am going to make plans to attend. I should be able to afford whatever it will cost. Is there any news on when it is this year so I can plan ahead?
(05-04-2012, 10:41 AM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any news on when it is this year so I can plan ahead?

It looks like Bring4th_GLB is getting ready to make an announcement:

Quote:Began putting together a new issue of the “Gatherings Newsletter” which will announce, and open registration for, Homecoming 2012. Hope to get it out by early next week. Asked Carla if she was able to compose a few of its sections.

http://www.bring4th.org/archive.php?uid=...d=4&y=2012
(05-04-2012, 10:51 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-04-2012, 10:41 AM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any news on when it is this year so I can plan ahead?

It looks like Bring4th_GLB is getting ready to make an announcement:

Quote:Began putting together a new issue of the “Gatherings Newsletter” which will announce, and open registration for, Homecoming 2012. Hope to get it out by early next week. Asked Carla if she was able to compose a few of its sections.

http://www.bring4th.org/archive.php?uid=...d=4&y=2012

Eager to sign that registration. Smile
Thanks again for your help in my various posts.
Smile
Don't judge yourself for not being drawn to meditate brother, for two key reasons.

Firstly, the only thing self judgement (even in the slightest amount) achieves is a lowering of one's own vibrational state of being.

Secondly, if it's not your passion, let it go. It's as simple as that :¬)

I too have not been inclined to meditate at the moment, and my daily yoga practice has stopped. Why? I don't actually need them - finding love/peace and following my joy is supplying all of the 'spiritual connection' that's needed at this time. We have waves in which we are attracted to certain activities, and they are valid during those times. The universe is cyclic, after all. Search inwardly and focus on what ignites your fire, and in doing so, your spiritual connection will be wide open, allowing for creativity and passion to flow through you.
I was not aware of the self judgement bit.
It is my passion though, I have been wanting to achieve true meditative state for quite some time now.
Even as a child.
I am just experiencing extreme blockages right now that I am trying to work out.
(05-08-2012, 03:30 PM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]I was not aware of the self judgement bit.
It is my passion though, I have been wanting to achieve true meditative state for quite some time now.
Even as a child.
I am just experiencing extreme blockages right now that I am trying to work out.

In that case, something must be playing on your mind. Something stopping you from being in the moment.

Quote:Graduation is coming up and I am also moving to North Carolina next month.. But wouldn't meditation only help the process more? It wouldn't make sense for my higher to restrict it from me.

Considering graduation is a failsafe method to keep you blocked from the moment. Meditation is not intended as a method to achieve a long term goal, it's a method in which to be in the eternal now.

What makes you think that not meditating is restricting you? How you conduct yourself and your thoughts (STO/STS) during your waking hours is far, far more polarising than meditation.

Remember that your entire day can be a meditation. Be in the moment. That's all meditation is, whether you sit quietly, go for a walk or listen to music.
I do not meditate per se. I prefer contemplation.
(05-08-2012, 03:55 PM)Valtor Wrote: [ -> ]I do not meditate per se. I prefer contemplation.

I love to contemplate also, in fact, I get more downloads and understandings form that then while in meditation.

Different things though, the stillness and fullness of meditation is also to be savoured :¬)

Observer - my questions and notions are purely to give you food for thought, not to tell you how to think. I typed them quickly (busy!), and upon re-reading them, noticed they could be interpreted not as intended! :¬)
(05-08-2012, 03:43 PM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2012, 03:30 PM)Observer Wrote: [ -> ]I was not aware of the self judgement bit.
Even as a child.

In that case, something must be playing on your mind. Something stopping you from being in the moment.

Quote:Graduation is coming up and I am also moving to North Carolina next month.. But wouldn't meditation only help the process more? It wouldn't make sense for my higher to restrict it from me.

Considering graduation is a failsafe method to keep you blocked from the moment. Meditation is not intended as a method to achieve a long term goal, it's a method in which to be in the eternal now.

What makes you think that not meditating is restricting you? How you conduct yourself and your thoughts (STO/STS) during your waking hours is far, far more polarising than meditation.

Remember that your entire day can be a meditation. Be in the moment. That's all meditation is, whether you sit quietly, go for a walk or listen to music.

I have a hunch of what is causing my blockages. I am going to try and work it out.

Cassandra11

One more thing to consider: Expectations
- your expectations of what you should be getting out of you meditation
- or you excitement of what you might experience during meditation