Bring4th

Full Version: The Law of One in history?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I had an interesting question pop in to my head yesterday as I was scrubbing some dishes, as so often happens. In the most recent "Sons of the Law of One" podcast, host Glen Pendelton mentions that:

Quote:There are many entities, and groups of entities giving us the same information, that we are all one, and that we can connect to this oneness.

It got me to thinking, was Ra's gift of information in the early 80's the first time we of Earth had learned of the Law of One? If so, this would make sense as to why there have been increasing numbers of entities enunciating the Law of One now, after the fact. Ra being the one to "open the door" so to speak. Or we could perhaps speculate that humanity has become ever increasingly willing to accept such information and thus we see more and more of it? Yet I must ask, were there any that gave us the Law of One before Ra?

Failing that, I will appeal to any here who have a working base of information about religions. What religions (mainstream or indigenous, large or small) are based on the concept of unity, if any? I believe I read once that the American Indians believed they as well as the Earth were one in the same. What do the Hindus, Buddhists and (name of religion here) say to this? Are we "new-age folk" the only ones who would agree?

I pose these questions, for it seems logical to me that such a foundational concept as all entities being one should have found its way in to our mass consciousness more recently than 1981. But, being that I am still fleshing out my knowledge of esoterica and religious study, I cannot say that I know if this is true or not. And I am working outside of the presumption that more information may be accessed as the veil thins, I admit.

So in summary my question is, what other pre-1981 (or how about pre-L/L Research) entities (via mediumship, etc), or religions gave us the core philosophy that all is one, if any?
I believe the concept is understood in many religions and philosophies.
The sufi creed starts with "Towards the one" Which essentially means the same thing.

So.. There's one but I believe there's many many more.
Quote:So in summary my question is, what other pre-1981 (or how about pre-L/L Research) entities (via mediumship, etc), or religions gave us the core philosophy that all is one, if any?

When I read this, the concept of the One Dollar Bill came to mind. There's many ancient symbolisms included on it which may link somehow to Oneness. Its been around a long time, older than 1981.

paddy
Hi, paddy.

(09-18-2009, 02:23 AM)paddy Wrote: [ -> ]the concept of the One Dollar Bill came to mind. There's many ancient symbolisms included on it which may link somehow to Oneness.

We must be carefull with the "money bills" and their symbols.

You know that [ NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM ] means NEW WORLD ORDER ??
! NOT a very good thing !

Note that there are:
13 stripes on the flag,
13 steps on the Pyramid, with the [ all seeing eye ] on top.
13 stars above the Eagle,
13 bars on that shield,
13 leaves on the olive branch,
13 fruits, and if you look closely, 13 arrows.

Here are some quotes from :
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread276699/pg1
MWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMW
The "all seeing eye" is a symbol for "them" by "them". . .
It is the mark of the illuminti/freemasonry.
The bill was designed by artisans, no doubt, with masonic connections.

Ask yourself one simple question: Who owns those dollar bills ?
Not the people of the United States of America!
MWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMW End of quotes.

The "medal" has many sides. . . B-)

Blue skies.
(09-17-2009, 05:38 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]So in summary my question is, what other pre-1981 (or how about pre-L/L Research) entities (via mediumship, etc), or religions gave us the core philosophy that all is one, if any?

I believe that if you look at different religions (particularly the mystic side of them) it will be harder to find a religion that does not have that as a core tenet. Here are a few that I selected from various sources across the web:

Hinduism :

Hinduism is both polytheistic, and pantheistic. There are three gods that compose Brahman – Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Hindus also worship the “wives” of Shiva, such as Kali, or one of Vishnu’s ten incarnations (avatars). This is only the beginning. There are literally millions of Hindu gods and goddesses – by some counts, as many as 330 million!

At the same time, Hinduism teaches that all living things are Brahman in their core. In other words, all living things are Brahman, or god. Enlightenment is attained by becoming tuned in to the Brahman within. Only then can one reach Nirvana.

Christianity:

Jesus proclaimed "I and the Father are one," showing the world what the union of God and man can be. Christian mysticism is about nothing else but this transforming union.

Christ is the sole end of Christian mysticism. Whereas all Christians have Christ, call on Christ, and can (or should) know Christ, the goal for the Christian mystic is to become Christ—to become as fully permeated with God as Christ is, thus becoming like him, fully human, and by the grace of God, also fully divine. In Christian teaching this doctrine is known by various names—theosis, divinization, deification, and transforming union.

A common misconception about mysticism is that it's about "mystical experiences," and there are many volumes on such experiences in religious literature. But true mysticism is not focussed on "experiences" (which come and go) but with the lasting experience of God, leading to the transformation of the believer into union with God.

Muslim

I'm sure that Ali Quadir can give you many more relevant quotes here, but this came to mind.

O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware". (Quran, 49:13)

Zoroastrianism

Ahura Mazda will ultimately prevail over evil Angra Mainyu / Ahriman (see below), at which point the universe will undergo a cosmic renovation and time will end (cf: Zoroastrian eschatology). In the final renovation, all of creation—even the souls of the dead that were initially banished to "darkness"—will be reunited in Ahura Mazda returning to life in the undead form. At the end of time a savior-figure [a Saoshyant] will bring about a final renovation of the world, and in which the dead will be revived.

Ancient Egypt

The Law of One, Book I, Session 2 Wrote:Questioner: Could you tell us something of your historical background and your contact with earlier races on this planet? Then we would have something to start with.

Ra: I am Ra. ...We are those of the Confederation who eleven thousand of your years ago came to two of your planetary cultures which were at that time closely in touch with the creation of the one Creator...We had no thought of their being disturbed, as these cultures were already closely aligned with an all-embracing belief in the live-ness or consciousness of all.

...We attempted to contact the rulers of the land to which we had come, that land which you call Egypt, or in some areas, the Holy Land. In the Eighteenth Dynasty, as it is known in your records of space/time distortions, we were able to contact a pharaoh, as you would call him. The man was small in life-experience on your plane and was a … what this instrument would call, Wanderer. Thus, this mind/body/spirit complex received our communication distortions and was able to blend his distortions with our own. This young entity had been given a vibratory complex of sound which vibrated in honor of a prosperous god, as this mind/body complex, which we call instrument for convenience, would call “Ammon.” The entity decided that this name, being in honor of one among many gods, was not acceptable for inclusion in his vibratory sound complex.

Thus, he changed his name to one which honored the sun disc. This distortion, called “Aten,” was a close distortion to our reality as we understand our own nature of mind/body/spirit complex distortion. However, it does not come totally into alignment with the intended teach/learning which was sent. This entity, Ikhnaton, became convinced that the vibration of One was the true spiritual vibration and thus decreed the Law of One.

However, this entity’s beliefs were accepted by very few. His priests gave lip service only, without the spiritual distortion towards seeking. The peoples continued in their beliefs. When this entity was no longer in this density, again the polarized beliefs in the many gods came into their own and continued so until the one known as Mohammed delivered the peoples into a more intelligible distortion of mind/body/spirit relationships.

There are hundreds if not thousands of other examples. I know that some of these may not specifically reference your idea that "all are one", but when they use terms like "will be reunited in [God]", it is certainly implied.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
In addition to money, now the concept of time comes up for me. Could the circular clock face somehow pay tribute to One? I marvel at how some agreement regarding time seems accepted around the world. Related to the Ra materials are the concepts of time-space and space-time. There may be a metaphor to a similar concept of time-money and money-time, which seems a function of pervading trade disparities. In this sense, capitalism may be aligned to some greater universal reality than most people give it credit for. From another perspective, capitalism might be considered a religious practice: in several thousand years they may unearth ruins in Las Vegas and deem it the great religious center of our time.

paddy
Thanks to everyone for your participation thus far!

3D, certainly I think we can make a fairly strong case for Hinduism and perhaps even Islam, but I think we might be making too much of a stretch to say that Christianity is based on the concept of all being one. I raise the point here because coincidentally, in a discussion with a fairly strict Christian friend, he gave the exact same Jesus quote: "I and the Father are one", along with another well echoed quote: "John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me". I am fairly certain that most if not all standard Christians would fight tooth and nail against the idea that we are essentially one with god. The closest it comes to that is the acknowledge that God created man. But after that the name of the game is separation in most all forms.

Christian Mysticism may of course, be in much more harmony with the Law of One as you've indicated.

On a related note, Christianity came as a result of a split in Judaism, which is one of (if not the oldest?) known religion on earth. I understand that not all Jews accept one aspect of mystical Judaism which centers around the Kabbalah... because it is actually somewhat harmonious with the 'oneness' concept. Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah#Ka...ing_of_God
(09-21-2009, 02:55 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]I am fairly certain that most if not all standard Christians would fight tooth and nail against the idea that we are essentially one with god.

For those who wish to remain asleep, there are enumerable reasons to deny the truth. I said that it existed in all religions, not that it was accepted by all members thereof. As with most religions many members misinterpret what is actually said in their sacred texts and/or accept the misinterpretations and distortions of others that have been injected to the orginal message.

Love and Light,

3D Sunset
(09-21-2009, 05:09 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]For those who wish to remain asleep, there are enumerable reasons to deny the truth. I said that it existed in all religions, not that it was accepted by all members thereof. As with most religions many members misinterpret what is actually said in their sacred texts and/or accept the misinterpretations and distortions of others that have been injected to the orginal message.

Well perhaps this is the case, but also perhaps not. When it comes to sacred texts, it becomes so subjective and interpretive that really we can only say that it embraces oneness from our point of view. It's rare that religions are spelled out so clearly and irrefutably. It's open to either way of thinking or interpretation. That's when I would say, well, what do most of the people who adhere to the religion believe? And use that as a way of determining essentially what a religion is about. I don't know if this is a valid comparison, but if enough people believed that a fire hydrant were blue, since color is a perception and hence subjective, could we really make a strong case to others that it is not?

That's why I find the idea of Christianity being foundational on oneness as perhaps debatable. I have a biased view by default of course since I do indeed embrace the Law of One as a core philosophy myself, so I would muse that it probably is somewhere in history one of the core principals of any religions origin. But as far as bible verses pointing the way, I'm not sure. (then again, the Bible pretty much IS Christianity according to most, so if it's not explicitly spelled out in there the case may be closed)

Putting Christianity aside for a moment, here's a great series of videos from Deepak Chropa where he unknowingly(?) spells out the Law of One in exquisite detail as he explains his personal belief system. Worth the time, take a look!

http://subversivethinking.blogspot.com/2...hopra.html
Quote:(then again, the Bible pretty much IS Christianity according to most, so if it's not explicitly spelled out in there the case may be closed)

There seems an important component of Christianity called the Nicene Creed, which is commonly included in Christian practice. The opening line "We believe in One God,..." seems evidence of some connection to the Law of One. Like a lot of written and spoken words, there seems room for ambiguity that allows a person's free will to consider what that means to them beyond the realms of written and spoken words.

paddy
My own personal opinion is that a fictional science-fiction show actually presents an analogy of the truth about contacts like Ra.

In the Star Trek series and movies, the idea is that on each planet, evolution progresses until there is the discovery of the "warp drive" technology. This makes it possible to visit other planets in a reasonable travel time. Use of warp drive leaves a distinctive signature. When species who already have warp drive detect a warp signature, they know that they are dealing with a spacefaring race who can be contacted. If evolution on a planet has not yet led to the invention of warp drive, then contact is not appropriate because the planet isn't yet ready to make its own way to the stars. In the show, warp drive worked the same way for everyone, since it was based on galaxy-wide physics. But it also had variations in operation and appearance between species. This is just as we see many different types of cars but they all have a body on top of wheels propelled by an engine.

I think this is an apt analogy, but the actual technology is electromagnetic energy. As soon as people like Edison and Tesla did their experiments, electromagnetic radiation began emitting from the Earth in ways that proved intelligent life was present. This attracted those who can use the presence of electromagnetic fields to focus their communications with those who are open to receiving the message, within a planetary species advanced enough to use electricity.

The opening of the movie Contact portrays this beautifully.

Just my own opinion, but it is why I personally think that the whole "New thought" era came in right as studies of electricity became more widespread.
Tesla was given the ideas in dreams/visions; these advanced ideas were not their own. As well, the industrial revolution was also 'seeded" to the mind of many. These ideas were all designed to provide more free time for man so as to be able to devote time to spiritualism. The concept failed though, as man only worked harder and faster...

Quote:11.25 Questioner: Then I would assume that you can’t name him. So I will ask you where Nikola Tesla got his information?

Ra: I am Ra. The one known as Nikola received information from Confederation sources desirous of aiding this extremely, shall we say, angelically positive entity in bettering the existence of its fellow mind/body/spirit complexes. It is unfortunate, shall we say, that like many Wanderers the vibratory distortions of third-density illusion caused this entity to become extremely distorted in its perceptions of its fellow mind/body/spirit complexes so that its mission was hindered and in the result, perverted from its purposes.

11.26 Questioner: How was Tesla’s work supposed to benefit man on Earth, and what were its purposes?

Ra: I am Ra. The most desired purpose of the mind/body/spirit complex, Nikola, was the freeing of all planetary entities from the darkness. Thus, it attempted to give to the planet the infinite energy of the planetary sphere for use in lighting and power.

Quote:11.29 Questioner: What about the Industrial Revolution in general. Was this planned in any way?

Ra: I am Ra. That is correct. Wanderers incarnated in several waves, as you may call them, in order to bring into existence the gradual freeing from the demands of the diurnal cycles and lack of freedom of leisure.
I thought this might be helpful for this thread... I listened to what I think might be my favorite Alan Watts podcast of all time this morning. He is discussing the mythology and teachings of Hinduism. I had heard things about Hinduism before that sounded pretty compatible with The Law of One, but the way Watts lays it out here is a dead ringer. I could very easily become a Hindu. It makes me glad that humanity has had the tool of Hinduism for so long, at least in one part of the world.

"The Mythology of Hinduism 5/6"
http://feeds.feedburner.com/alanwatts
All religions had their beginnings in the LOO. The Bible and the Koran actually are very similar, except the Koran has many books in it that were left out in the Bible version ("The Apocalypse", "The Gospel of Philip", "The Gospel of Mary" (Magdalene, who incidentally, was a disciple, not a prostitute), "The Infancy of Christ", among others). The eastern religions kept all the old teachings, whereas in the western religions it was deemed to be too complicated for the general man to understand, and was thought that allowing these teachings to continue would give too much power to the man. Within 400 years of Christ's death, when Emperor Constantine assembled the lands cardinals to compile a standard Bible, many books were deemed to be unworthy and left out.
I've actually read otherwise.

David Wilcock Wrote:What we learn is that "Novus Ordo Seclorum" does not mean "New World Order" as many conspiracy theorists would claim, but actually "A mighty order of ages is born anew."

Source: http://divinecosmos.com/index.php?option...&Itemid=36

(09-18-2009, 12:50 PM)C-JEAN Wrote: [ -> ]You know that [ NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM ] means NEW WORLD ORDER ??
! NOT a very good thing !
Novus = novel, unusual, extraordinary news, novelty, new, fresh, young, inexperienced, revived
Ordo = rank, class, order
Seclorum = secular, sect

Rather than listening to anyone else, figure it our for one self Smile