Bring4th

Full Version: Homecoming 2012: Information + Registration + You Should Be There
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(05-10-2012, 12:15 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone is planning on arriving a little early or staying a little late and just wants to chill around town, let me know. There are a few neat places in Louisville. Especially let me know if anyone is interested in dressing up like a zombie and running around in the streets like a crazy person, because I'm pretty sure our town's ZOMBIE WALK happens shortly after Homecoming, and my husband has sworn to participate this year.
Hm. Looks like it's on August 29th, so if you get into town REAL early...lol.

I'll probably stay late if you are interested in hanging out, I would love to see Louisville in its full glory. BigSmile
I will be with you all in spirit. Smile
(05-10-2012, 04:02 PM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]I will be with you all in spirit. Smile

as shall I. Going to have to take a pass on this year's festivities. BigSmile
(05-11-2012, 08:54 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2012, 04:02 PM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]I will be with you all in spirit. Smile

unless I win a big lottery jackpot!
(05-11-2012, 10:43 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2012, 08:54 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

unless I win a big lottery jackpot!

If anyone thinks they can not afford a hotel I wouldn't mind sharing a room with someone and going halves on it.
anyone signed up for this yet?

I assume GLB will be there, as well as Aaron?

how about doing some live streaming (as it's so easy with a webcam and a site like justin.tv)

Meerie

(05-20-2012, 09:32 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]how about doing some live streaming (as it's so easy with a webcam and a site like justin.tv)

hahaha I suggested the same thing last year but it was declined, as you can read here, the thread I made is as close to live streaming as it gets :

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...rting+live
(05-20-2012, 09:51 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2012, 09:32 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]how about doing some live streaming (as it's so easy with a webcam and a site like justin.tv)
hahaha I suggested the same thing last year but it was declined, as you can read here, the thread I made is as close to live streaming as it gets :
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...rting+live

Plenum, you can go to post #44 in the thread linked above, to read an explanation of why Homecoming probably never will be live-streamed. There is a valid reason for not doing so.

(05-20-2012, 12:31 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Plenum, you can go to post #44 in the thread linked above, to read an explanation of why Homecoming probably never will be live-streamed. There is a valid reason for not doing so.

thanks Eddie-man.

Smile

I guess you'll just have to book me in for HomeComing 2013. My tears, your tears.

but by then, I should be able to Astral Travel to the event. BigSmile
At this overt moment, I can think of NOTHING that would keep me away.

:idea: To cover costs, I will sell memberships in Ra's social memory complex: Inner Circle, $500; Outer Circle, $150; Standing Room Only, $5. Ask me about the Friday only Early Bird Specials! Cool
(05-20-2012, 09:32 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]anyone signed up for this yet?

I assume GLB will be there, as well as Aaron?

how about doing some live streaming (as it's so easy with a webcam and a site like justin.tv)

I am signed up. Smile

Shawnna

Confused

I would so love to attend my first homecoming in 2012.

Alas.... finances are such that it is impossible.

I will have a special candle lit and be with you all in Spirit though.

Heart

Unbound

Having just discovered much cheaper travel I think it is looking more plausible for me to attend. Smile
(05-21-2012, 08:51 AM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]At this overt moment, I can think of NOTHING that would keep me away.

:idea: To cover costs, I will sell memberships in Ra's social memory complex: Inner Circle, $500; Outer Circle, $150; Standing Room Only, $5. Ask me about the Friday only Early Bird Specials! Cool

As of today, I have my trip bought and paid for. I land in Indianapolis on August 28 to be picked up by my sister, who will take me to her home in Northern KY (near Cincinnati). I will borrow or rent a car for the trip to L/L for Homecoming.
(03-29-2012, 02:03 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2012, 07:57 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you who haven't been to Homecoming, it's worth attending just to meet Ahktu and Ankh.

Thank you, Eddie! Heart

And for those of you who haven't attended Homecoming before, it's worth it, just to meet *Eddie*! I'll tell a little story here. It was Friday morning I believe, and I was sitting at the kitchen counter, eating breakfast, when Eddie walked into the kitchen. Now, you should meet Eddie! He is tall, talking with Texas (or Southern) accent, and has quite a powerful voice! So he walked up to my friend, as I was sitting aside, and asked with his powerful vioce: "Hi! I am Eddie! Are you ANKH??" Woaw! I got really scared as I thought that I now would be scoled for writing something stupid on the forum. I raised my hand and almost whispered: "I am Ankh." But it turned out that Eddie was the most beautiful, radiant person, like everyone else there!

I was so worried before, because as many here, I don't find it comfortable to be in bigger social groups. And people were talking about it that it was like meeting the family. But being a sceptic I didn't believe it, and thought that perhaps it was so for them, but it doesn't mean that it would like that for me. Like many here, I've been feeling that I didn't quite fit in, that I was different. Well, what happened at Homecoming was like meeting the family!

Can't wait to see you all again!

i feel like you did Ankh! Smile but i think i'm right.

Cyan

I'm slightly leaning towards not attending but still quite uncertain.
(06-22-2012, 06:13 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i feel like you did Ankh! Smile but i think i'm right.

Not sure I understand what you mean, sweety? Can you take it in other words? =)
(06-21-2012, 09:43 PM)kycahi Wrote: [ -> ]As of today, I have my trip bought and paid for. I land in Indianapolis on August 28 to be picked up by my sister, who will take me to her home in Northern KY (near Cincinnati). I will borrow or rent a car for the trip to L/L for Homecoming.

YAY!! Smile
You must have found Megabus, Eternal. I looked at that, too.
going!
Let's hope our weather improves by then. Here in Kentucky, we're having our hottest summer in 30 years....it's really uncomfortable. :@

I just spent about 45 minutes weeding my garden (in the early morning) and I look like someone poured a 5-gallon bucket of water over me...Sad

Brittany

Yeah, it's seriously hell's outhouse here right now. Sunscreen and lots of fluids are a must!
Looks like I finally got permission from my employer for me to go. Purchasing plane tickets/accommodations/homecoming tuition in about a week. BigSmileBigSmileBigSmile

I don't mind heat or humidity; I'm already used to heat from living in Arizona my whole life and I can adapt to the humidity.
Good Luck Parsons....but its hard on desert rats to hit high humidity. I moved from West Texas to the coastal areas 20 yrs ago. Took awhile to get used to

Richard
I think I might go to Sergio's (craft beer bar with 1400+ varieties) one evening while at Homecoming. Anybody interested?

Sergio's World Beers
(08-04-2012, 09:06 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might go to Sergio's (craft beer bar with 1400+ varieties) one evening while at Homecoming. Anybody interested?

Sergio's World Beers

I am! But I am going to be in company with others though, and hope that they will be interested too. Aaron, ahktu - if you guys see this post by a chance, are you interested in this activity?

Sounds really interesting, Eddie!
(08-05-2012, 06:23 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]I am! But I am going to be in company with others though, and hope that they will be interested too. Aaron, ahktu - if you guys see this post by a chance, are you interested in this activity?

Perhaps we can prevail upon one of the locals to drive (I know how to get there, but I don't want to be the driver Tongue )

Brittany

I can be the DD. I've been cursed with sobriety.
Ankh, are you guys still gonna come be zombies with us?
(08-05-2012, 04:13 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I can be the DD. I've been cursed with sobriety.

Sounds great, Lynn!

Eddie, looks like we are on. :p What night did you have in mind?

ahktu Wrote:Ankh, are you guys still gonna come be zombies with us?

Heck, yeah! BigSmile
(08-05-2012, 04:23 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Eddie, looks like we are on. :p What night did you have in mind?
I'm flexible. Either Friday or Saturday (I usually drive home on Sunday evening).

(08-05-2012, 06:23 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2012, 09:06 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]I think I might go to Sergio's (craft beer bar with 1400+ varieties) one evening while at Homecoming. Anybody interested?

Sergio's World Beers

I am! But I am going to be in company with others though, and hope that they will be interested too. Aaron, ahktu - if you guys see this post by a chance, are you interested in this activity?

Heck yeah!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6