Bring4th

Full Version: Your sanctuary.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to share my personal little sanctuary with you guys and hear about your own little places that remind you of a different home perhaps.

I have been heading up regularly into the mountains (more like big hills compared to mountains you guys probably have near you) to a national park regularly lately. Since I found the spot about 2 months ago I have been getting regular calls to return.

It's like every week or two I get an insatiable urge to go back there. So I do and every time it is amazing. It is a very old forest/rainforest and the energy there is incredible. It's like a constant static feeling all over my body when I enter the forest. My mind is incredibly clear while in the forest and I find my mental gymnastics as I like to call it are much more effective there. When I hit the right thought sequence instead of a slight increase in energy it feels like the most intense yet joyful pins and needles ever.

So here a few pictures. I spent about 5 hours in the forest yesterday, about 1 hour meditating on a log hehe, an old couple saw me and waved I wonder what was going through there heads lol.

[Image: hA7SZ.jpg]

[Image: Ie6Re.jpg]

[Image: zF33S.jpg]

This is the spot where I meditate. It is on a log and quite far of the track, I found it by following a creek for about 1 kilometre randomly and when I saw the log instantly meditating came to my mind. Coincidentally the log seams to be almost to perfect to sit on, it's actually comfier then my pillow at home.
[Image: 76jA5.jpg]

[Image: dctnD.jpg]

[Image: BYoNJ.jpg]

[Image: 1S5ku.jpg]

Here is the forest from afar.
[Image: QqVku.jpg]

And here is looking back down the valley towards my city which you can just make out in the distance.
[Image: yKv7m.jpg]

Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures. We all live in such diverse places I would be interested to see any sanctuary's you guys live by Smile.

Very lovely, Sagittarius! I don't have pictures, but I grew up in the Blue Ridge mountains in Virginia, USA. Whenever I get a chance to go back that way, the first time I round a bend and see those mountains, it always makes me cry with joy for coming home again.
What a beautiful place, pretty much takes my breath away.
I know not that I have such a sanctuary or maybe the whole world is haha
Just walking in a forest or laying on the grass with the sun feels right ZZzz
Wow, it is a really amazing retreat, Sagittarius. Just amazing.
It really feels like nature is giving a way for us to chill out.

I would have said "sadly, I do not have anything like this", but it is okay, because my mind wanders into a place just like that when meditating. So if we meet, I'll say hi, lol : D
As a hypnotherapist, I ask people about their sanctuary ( real or imagined ), and then I take them there in their mind. I ask about touch, smell, sight, experience, weather, sounds . . . . .

It's a place they control. Every leaf, blade of grass, butterfly, knows them and obeys them. It's a refuge of peace and safety and privacy. A wonderful place for clear thought, and for some it's a place to meet their teachers.

I've been to palaces and log cabins, beaches and dense jungles, many boats, at least one spaceship. One client's sanctuary was inside a hollow tree. There's no end to it.

Magnificent sanctuary you have Sagittarius.

My mind sanctuary is a cave in the woods, near a clear water stream.

Meerie

Sagitarrius, do you know what kind of trees are in that forest?
my naturopath recommends taking a walk in a beech forest, when you want to clear your mind or improve mental faculties. Sitting beside a yew can help you connect with your ancestors.
Sit next to a birch tree and connect with the divine feminine, in the face of Freya for example.
Smile
the most beautiful place on Earth I found it in a small town in Italy called Orbetello.
The whole city is surrounded by water and the loveliest sandy beach surrounded by pine trees is not far away.
[attachment=907]
You have an amazing sanctuary Sagittarius.
I live in the upper peninsula of michigan but I am moving very shortly.
I will go and take some pictures today. Smile
Holy moly.. That is so beautiful! Now I am quite jelly.. I actually got myself a small sanctuary quite recently too, although it's only temporary until I find a better one. I love going out into the forest and be a child again ^^

Melissa

[Image: 20F771A0-F289-484A-A163-D91084280FBA.jpg]

Here's where I wake up to every morning. Though I'd really like to move it's my first true experience of a sanctuary. The trees.. Oh, I'm going to miss 'm.

Unbound

The room that is supposed to be my spiritual sanctuary is now the cats' bedroom aha
My sanctuary is in my mind. A lush forest with furry characters in there that I can meditate with.