Bring4th

Full Version: Poop Dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://thedreamtribe.com/die-and-become-...in-dreams/
Quote:What could be more poetic than a poop dream? That icky act we would rather not speak about was actually celebrated by the Alchemists. It represents what we need to let go of–what is repulsive and shameful— unconscious material that needs to be looked at and transformed. (see also Ryan’s article on urine dreams).

Excrement is fertilizer after all and what is more potent for growth than that!

Sometimes animals were the prima materia in dreams like the (gold!) dung beetle who feeds partly or exclusively on feces. As the holy scarab in Egyptian mythology of death and rebirth who is tied to Khepri (“he who has come into being”), the god of the rising sun, this is a poweful energy of transformation.

An example of a poop dream I received recently:

I am with two young girls and we are entering a building that is made for healing. We try to find a bathroom but it is not private. There are people here and the stalls have no doors or privacy. Then I find that the door to the bathroom leads to another door that is more private bathroom.

We can all go in together. The toilet is almost three feet above the ground and I climb on top and to my shame fill up the bowl with poop! What’s even more mortifying (Alchemy!) is that I cannot flush it down. The girls come over to investigate which makes me uncomfortable though they are not. They want to help.

I realize that I pushed the half flush button (which is black) like you find in Europe and I needed to push the full flush, white button. I push it and it works! The girls are happy and I am relieved…

Looking at this dream, I realize that an uncomfortable area in my life is asking for help or assistance. I often feel vulnerable and overly concerned for the other which often results in me not fully communicating my needs (half flush) and the need to fully commit and speak my truth (full flush). The young girls feel like the budding parts of myself (prima materia also includes dreams of children) that are becoming conscious of this material and are supporting me. In alchemy the black and white usually indicate an integration is taking place.
Oh wow, this is very timely, Pickle!! I've been having recurring 'toilet' dreams. Not necessarily poop - usually just pee - but I'd been wondering why the hell I was dreaming about finding a bathroom!!! I thought it was just my subconscious processing some mundane stuff, and was missing the deeper meaning.
Interesting indeed. I haven't dreamed of death or defecation at all in the last few months.
There are very useful concepts in the link.

I mainly put this up just for the laughs of the title LoL.BigSmile
Excrement in a dream, traditionally means material wealth. I can attest to this by a dream I had in the mid 80's when I started working for myself. I had a dream of sitting in the backyard on a chaise. I got up and looked under the chaise and there were piles of dog poop. Shortly after that (a month or so) I landed Smitty's as a client and started making big money as an advertising illustrator.

I have had many dreams throughout my life and have never had material wealth. I have found there to be a few different lines of definition in dreams, moreso connected to our programming/culture than anything.
I get the 'bathroom' dream several times per night! ...guess there's alot of unneeded stuff my subconscious is trying to cleanse itself of. I consider it a good sign. All the dross within is being expelled.

Shin'Ar

You got to stop sleeping with the dog's water dish next to the side of the bed.
Since I started to remember to take my towel with me I am no longer bothered by either poops, rain coming in through windows or inner earth evacuation scenarios.
Douglas Adams was spot on.
The only thing a hitchhiker really needs is his towel.

Shin'Ar

(05-20-2012, 08:26 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]Since I started to remember to take my towel with me I am no longer bothered by either poops, rain coming in through windows or inner earth evacuation scenarios.
Douglas Adams was spot on.
The only thing a hitchhiker really needs is his towel.

I am afraid to ask but too curious not to do a retake.