Bring4th

Full Version: how to do a fast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the following is a repost of Monica's thoughts from there:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...9#pid20349

people go on pure fasts (just water only) or juice fasts (a small amount of nutrition), and really raises the question of how much food one really needs.

I've done it 2 or 3 times in my life, but never for more than a week. I can attest to the 'clarity of consciousness' that many have written about. First 2 days are the hardest - those damn stomach rumbles are quite insistent!!

everything below is Monica talking:

- -

(09-20-2010, 07:14 PM)kerrylc Wrote: [ -> ]Essentially, The Master Cleanser is a minimum 10 day to 40 day cleaning fast using fresh lemon or lime juice in water with maple syrup. The book contains interesting and easy to understand reasons for this combination with exact measurements, additional optional items such as a specific recipe for a salt water cleanser in the morning as well as some herb teas. The book strongly recommends a specific plan for coming out of the fast with an explanation as to why it is important to ease back into solid food.

I have done this fast as well as juice fasting. For the past 27 years, I have done liquid fasts for 1-2 weeks about 1-2 times per year. Usually I do a variation of the Master Cleanse, utilizing the lemon juice with fresh juices later in the day.

From a health perspective, I wouldn't recommend abstaining from water. In fact, Ra stated that Jim had kidney problems from fasting without enough liquid:

Quote:105.4 Questioner: Could you please tell me what caused Jim’s kidney problem to return, and what can be done to heal it?
Ra: I am Ra. The entity, Jim, determined that it would cleanse itself and thus would spend time/space and space/time in pursuit and contemplation of perfection. The dedication to this working was intensified until the mind/body/spirit complex rang in harmony with this intention. The entity did not grasp the literal way in which metaphysical intentions are translated by the body complex of one working in utter unity of purpose. The entity began the period of prayer, fasting, penitence, and rejoicing. The body complex, which was not yet fully recovered from the nephrotic syndrome, began to systematically cleanse each organ, sending all the detritus that was not perfect through kidneys which were not given enough liquid to dilute the toxins being released. The toxins stayed with the body complex and reactivated a purely physical illness. There is no metaphysical portion in this relapse.

From a health perspective, juice fasting can be just as cleansing as fasting with just water, and maybe even more cleansing, because of the enzymes found in fresh juices (prepared with a juicer...not bottled). Thus, the body is cleansed without feeling week.

The first 3 days are typically a bit difficult as the body years for food. But by the 4th day, food becomes a foreign substance and an amazing clarity sets in. By 1 week, a high sets in that is better than any drug, because it is clean, natural and pure.

Whenever I have fasted for 2 weeks, I was in an altered state for at least half that time. Food was like cardboard to me. In fact, I even (momentarily) considered never eating again, the experience was so amazing!

The joy, the clarity, the bliss...it's really awesome!

Yes it's a bit difficult to get it going but wow, the rewards are well worth it! The benefits to body, mind and spirit can be profound.

On many occasions, I hadn't even planned to fast at that time, but suddenly felt spiritually guided to do so, and very suddenly lost all interest in food. After 1 or 2 weeks, I would begin thinking about food again, and I knew it was time to end the fast.

Be aware that toxins can be stirred up, both physically and emotionally. Allow yourself the space to release those toxins. Jump on a trampoline and/or do yoga to move the lymph. Allow yourself to have a good cry if you feel like it. Be sure to drink lots of water in addition to juices.

There are lots of various herbal formulas to help facilitate cleansing as well.

A less drastic approach is to do the Edgar Cayce method of only apples or only grapes for 3-4 days. A lot can be accomplished this way, physically, though the high was less.

Fasting is great. I prefer water fasting.
Quote:83.2 Questioner: Could you please tell me why the instrument gains weight now instead of loses it after a session?

Ra: I am Ra. To assume that the instrument is gaining the weight of the physical bodily complex due to a session or working with Ra is erroneous. The instrument has no longer any physical material which, to any observable extent, must be used in order for this contact to occur. This is due to the determination of the group that the instrument shall not use the vital energy which would be necessary since the physical energy complex level is in deficit. Since the energy, therefore, for these contacts is a product of energy transfer the instrument must no longer pay this physical price. Therefore, the instrument is not losing the weight.

However, the weight gain, as it occurs, is the product of two factors. One is the increasing sensitivity of this physical vehicle to all that is placed before it, including that towards which it is distorted in ways you would call allergic. The second factor is the energizing of these difficulties.

It is fortunate for the outlook of this contact and the incarnation of this entity that it is not distorted towards the overeating
as the overloading of this much distorted physical complex would override even the most fervent affirmations of health/illness and turn the instrument towards the distortions of illness/health or, in the extreme case, the physical death.

Fasting can help flushing this kind of energizing from negative entities.
I intend to complete a 2 week water/juice fast later this summer. Using the sun to draw additional energy.

A timely thread - thank you plenum :¬)