Bring4th

Full Version: Invisible Ribbands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's up with Ra's rubber band metaphor (I assume that's what they're talking about)? Is it related to some sort of personal anecdote of the group?

"We encourage the conscious strengthening of those invisible ribbands which fly from the wrists of those who go forward to seek what you may call the Grail. All is well, my friends. We leave you in hopes that each may find true colors to fly in that great metaphysical quest and urge each to urge each other in love, praise, and thanksgiving."
Here's the full quote.

Quote:99.11 Questioner: Thank you. In closing I will just ask if there is anything that we can do to make the instrument more comfortable or improve the contact?

Ra: I am Ra. We note the relative discomfort of this group at this space/time and offer those previous statements made by Ra as possible aids to the regaining of the extraordinary harmony which this group has the capability of experiencing in a stable manner.

We find the addition of the swirling waters to be helpful. The appurtenances are conscientiously aligned.

We encourage the conscious strengthening of those invisible ribbands which fly from the wrists of those who go forward to seek what you may call the Grail. All is well, my friends. We leave you in hopes that each may find true colors to fly in that great metaphysical quest and urge each to urge each other in love, praise, and thanksgiving.

I am Ra. We leave you in the love and light of the One Infinite Creator. Go forth rejoicing in the power and in the peace of the One Glorious Infinite Creator. Adonai.

It is interesting indeed. Smile
I think it's basically a poetic synonym for ribbon and is invoking the notion of a chivalrous quest. It was given at a time when L/L, especially Don, was really struggling and was, I believe, an attempt by Ra to cheer them up and put their feet back on the path. It's one of my favorite quotes.
I was intrigued by this quotation, and so did a little research this morning.

First I had to find the definition of "Ribband"...

Quote:rib·band (rbnd, -nd, -n)
n.
1) A length of flexible wood or metal used to hold the ribs of a ship in place while the exterior planking or plating is being applied.

2) A ribbon used as a decoration; bracelet

I noticed this part of the expanded quote that Patrick helpfully provided:
Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We note the relative discomfort of this group at this space/time and offer those previous statements made by Ra as possible aids to the regaining of the extraordinary harmony which this group has the capability of experiencing in a stable manner.

Since this seemed to indicate a period of relative disharmony within the group (Carla, Jim, & Don), I consulted Book V to get some more info. Book V covers "personal" material that was deleted from the original publications of I-IV, but each deleted/restored fragment is prefaced by a short note from both Carla & Jim regarding their thoughts on the session and providing some background details. I have found Book V to be an enormously helpful tool in better understanding the given context of a session because of these notes.

Well, sure enough both Jim & Carla talk about this time (Session 99) being during a period of some disharmony in the group. Page 152, preface to Fragment 49. My interpretation of this is that Ra was acknowledging the disharmony and also recognizing the extraordinary harmony with which the group was capable of.

Once I had understood the context and the definition of Ribband, I was left in awe, once again at Ra's ability to pack so much meaning in such a small space. Their words are quite DENSE with information, in a wonderful way.

Quote:Ra: ...We encourage the conscious strengthening of those invisible ribbands which fly from the wrists of those who go forward to seek what you may call the Grail. All is well, my friends. We leave you in hopes that each may find true colors to fly in that great metaphysical quest and urge each to urge each other in love, praise, and thanksgiving.

Given all this, my subjective interpretation of the passage is that Ra was using both definitions of the word in their metaphor.

When those 3 people came together, to seek as one, they are in some ways like a ship. They have merged their energies to become a communal vehicle for exploring the uncharted waters of Consciousness. Together, in unity, they sail, ever seeking out the "Holy Grail" -- An Experience of the Law of One.

By using "Ribband" as a metaphor for the ties of love, friendship, harmony, and oneness that bind together the group, they draw attention to these ties as absolutely NECESSARY for the structural integrity of the "ship". Note that the "exterior planking" could be compared to the "armor of light" that provides some protection from interference from negative entities.

Thus quite literally these ribbands of cooperation and friendship are necessary to keep their "ship of seeking" from taking on water.

Because this word can also mean a type of bracelet or jewelry worn around the wrists, I think we could also take it as an observation of the inherent beauty in the ties of praise, love, and inter-personal harmony. These ribbands of shared-seeking, love, and mutual respect that bound the three together is beautiful ornamentation for the Creator's eye.

Thus I believe Ra has perfectly blended Wisdom & Love in this quote. I think it's now going to be one of my own favorite quotes, too!

Thanks for drawing my attention to it, Icaro!

P.S. I also found an amazing gem of insight in this same session that was sharpened by Jim & Carla's observations, that may have relevance to the forum now, but I'm going to let some time pass or someone else to post a comment before adding the quote to make it more readable.

Love to all
Ok ribbons as in what is given for achievement. That makes more. Flying from the wrists as in being on display.

Ra uses the hands analogy later again to emphasize the body as that which performs the work of the spirit. That's my interpretation at least..

"We cannot say that the observation is totally incorrect, for there is as much work in time/space as the individual who evokes this complex of concepts has assimilated.

However, it would be more appropriate to draw the attention to the fact that although the chariot is wheeled, it is not harnessed to that which draws it by a physical or visible harness. What then, O Student, links and harnesses the chariot’s power of movement to the chariot?"
Pablisimo, thank you for the elaboration. I agree! Ra speaks with great depth and I think there is much more to the words being spoken. It really shows how words are essentially images/concepts, and so I think Ra is a speaker of images. I've been interested in this image concept of reality lately, and how it pertains to communication and telepathy especially.

Here Ra speaks with a deep symbology..

"102.2 Questioner: The instrument asked if she could keep the small gold cross on while she is in one of these sessions. Will that cause any distortion in these workings?

Ra: I am Ra. We scan the mental distortions of the instrument. Although the presence of the metallic substance is, in general, not recommended, in this instance, as we find those distortions weakening the mental/emotional complex of the instrument due to its empathic distortions, the figure is specifically recommended for use by this instrument. We would request that should any strengthening be done to the chain, as we find intended by this instrument, the strengthening links which symbolize eternity to this instrument be as high in purity or higher than the remainder of the device.

In this nexus that which this device represents to this instrument is a much-needed strengthener of the mental/emotional patterns which have been much disrupted from the usual configuration of distortions."

Notice how Ra is again speaking about Don and Carla's love and relationship, while seemingly talking about a necklace.
In the preface from Book V (page 152) Jim & Carla both note the significance of another quote from this same session:

Quote:99.5 Questioner: Finally, I have a question from Jim stating: “For the last two weeks I have often found myself on the edge of anger and frustration, have had a nearly constant dull pain in the area of my indigo-ray center, and have felt quite drained of energy. Would Ra comment on the source of these experiences and any thoughts or actions that might alleviate them?”

Ra: I am Ra. As in all distortions, the source is the limit of the viewpoint...

This profoundly impacted me. I suspect it is the key to resolving some of the disharmony in our own group of seekers here at Bring4th.

I really think this is it! Perhaps we should all strengthen those ribbands of mutual seeking, praise, thanksgiving, and love that bind US together here and keep our Ship of Bring4th afloat!

--------------
Here are a few passages from the preface to this session from Book V from Jim & Carla that I drew my attention to it. I think it may prove fruitful for us to ponder both the Ra quote and also their words as well........

Quote:Carla: I have thought that this particular fragment is perhaps the best example
in this present volume of why Ra can be so helpful. We three humans were doing
our level best to stay totally harmonized in movement and rhythm, but we often
erred, as do all of us, no matter what, if not today then tomorrow. This is the
human estate. Working on this catalyst between us with an intensity born of
wishing to remain clear enough to contact Ra, we developed questions for Ra,
trying to get more of a bead on what our distortions were, and how to approach
seating these incoming catalysts. But no question, however cleverly phrased,
could expect to garner a piece of advice like: “as in all distortions, the source is
the limit of the viewpoint.” In terms of the old saw about a choice between
giving a man a fish and giving him a pole and teaching him fishing, Ra always
went for the fishing pole, plus bait. And all without infringement on free will:
an impressive task, and appreciated by us. We pored over these little comments a
lot. They really did help us focus.

Jim: Most people would probably not have described the feeling of not
quite being whole and in harmony which our group experienced during the
fall of 1982 as true disharmony. Yet as one moves further along the path of
seeking light and begins to stand closer to it, as we were privileged to do in
the Ra contact, even the smallest of lapses of harmony, when left
unresolved, can become targets of opportunity for those such as our friend
of negative polarity to intensify. These psychic greetings can become great
opportunities to heal those lapses of harmony and to move even further and
faster upon the evolutionary journey because what such a negative entity is
actually doing when it intensifies one’s disharmonious choices is pointing
out to you weak points which you might have missed in your own
conscious seeking. But one must take quick and thorough action in order to
unravel these distortions in one’s beingness or further confusion and
difficulty may ensue, again due to, first, your original free will choice,
second, the intensification of that choice by the negative entity, and third,
by lack of attention on your part in finally resolving the distortion and
balancing it. Fortunately, most people do not have to deal with the magical
abilities of a fifth-density entity but with the lesser abilities of the fourthdensity
minions who are usually quite effective on their own.

Food for thought Smile

Link to Book V PDF:
http://www.llresearch.org/library/the_la...e_pdf.aspx

Love to all
Very insightful post Pablísimo.

Thank you !
Heart

Excellent example, Icaro. That is exactly what I was talking about. Perhaps even moreso than session 99.

I hadn't actually noticed that other layer of meaning from my first reading of 102, but now the symbolism is very apparent. Thanks so much for pointing that out!!

I resonate with your theory about Ra as a speaker of images. I suspect they were rather constrained by the limits of our language.

Interesting to think about this in the context of telepathy.. or in hieroglyphics for that matter. Hmmm....

(05-25-2012, 11:23 AM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Very insightful post Pablísimo.

Thank you !

No prob. And thanks to you for helping to flesh out the quote!

Heart

Love to all

Shin'Ar

Pablisimo is dead on with the ship building metaphor.

And to add further strngthen his reasinging I will add this from my younger days as a boatbuilder.

When you reach the stage of applying the planks to the rib molds you do indeed use clamps,(ribbands), but another note pertinent to Ra's usage is that these planks when clamped on to the mold are put on after being well soaked in boiling water to soften them and make them pliable. Once clamped into place they will dry slowly and reform themselves to a new shape congruent with the molds they were attached to.

The group was being defined as being in a state of reformation, adaptation, give and take, compromise, defying their rigidity and slowly being brought back into compliance.

Pablisimo - You would appreciate post #6 here http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4251

Nice elaboration Shin'Ar.
Great thread again, Icaro! I loved reading it, and elaborations of ship building and ribbands.

I think that all great that could be said is already said by everyone here.

This thread also reminded me of following track which I used to listen in the past:

Six ribbons
he meant the things that come out of Spiderman.