Bring4th

Full Version: Acne remedy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Avocado

Hey all you herbalists out there. I'm wondering based on your experience, or on the experience of a friend, what has helped you and what you think may help me.

As far as diet and exercise go I am healthy. I have my spiritual practice and it is what it is. You may offer spiritual based reasons but I'm mostly interested in herbal remedies. Supplementing the vehicle with nutrients and herbs has been going well for me lately so why not? Thanks C:
I had acne issues as a teenager that suddenly vanished when I swapped from sugar to raisins as a sweetener for cereals. I know that sweating will keep your pores in good shape, and acne seems to be an excess of poisons trying to escape the body. At least that was the case for me.

Good eliminations really helps, like sweating does. We have so many avenues for eliminating poisons, and I hear that personal changes can activate or unlock more avenues of eliminations.

I can't say from my understanding that "taking something" will make a change, but I can assume that "changing something" can cause a change.Tongue
The skin is an eliminative organ. Cleanse, from the inside, and the skin will reflect that. The best way to do that is get off junk foods, sugar, sodas and fried foods, and drink lots of water, ideally ionized water, which is the most powerful cleanser there is. I've seen lots of people's skin clear up just from drinking this special healing water.

There are herbs that can assist in the cleaning process, but they won't work if the root causes are still there.
try honey, it's a natural antibacterial and leaves your skin smooth and glowing. Smile of course organic honey is the best.

Meerie

My herbal doctor said, people with acne are usually very kind sensitive persons Smile (I don't know if he only said that to console us, though, lol)
as for myself I hadn't found a way to deal with it, that would truly get rid of it.
Another interesting factor is that the skin is connected with the lungs, in chinese medicine, and if you have skin problems, you most likely are a person who is not incarnated well, in the sense that you dont feel you belong here, or feel comfortable (wanderer issue Wink ?) .. since our incarnation starts with the first breath.
I did fasts, colon cleansing, eliminated the foods that I was allergic to, I lost a lot of weight in the process but it didn't have any effect on my skin.
Taking the pill didn't help either, on the contrary it made it even worse, after I stopped taking it.
I think it was some preplanned catalyst and also helped me search for alternatives to conventional medicine.
A chinese acupuncturist said I have too much heat in my body, the acne might have stemmed from that, plus I get pustules in the summer when it is really hot outside.
Now my skin is pretty much clear, apart from an occasional spot or two, but I can live with that.
Avocado it will go away by itself, don't worry about that.
Tea tree oil can help, if you apply it on a spot, or also mud facial peelings, or baths in sea salt, they are generally very purifying and relaxing for the body.
stay away from the zombie salt! i hear it was bath salts that did it :O
i'm sure seasalt is fine tho Tongue

Meerie

(06-04-2012, 02:30 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]stay away from the zombie salt! i hear it was bath salts that did it :O

LOL BigSmile
Diets, herbs etc. won't work unless the person is properly hydrated. Absorbable water is needed to flush out the toxins from the cells. Tap, bottled and filtered water all have large molecular clusters that don't penetrate the cells very well, so microclustered water does a much better job of hydrating (flushing out toxins). But any water is better than no water. Most people drink very little water. We recommend 1/2 to 1 ounce per pound of body weight. I've seen extreme cases of acne clear up very quickly...like a couple of weeks.

Meerie

I think there is no one way to cure all. I always drank lots of water, also when I still suffered from acne.
On the other hand, not everyone who is dehydrated and doesn't drink enough has acne.
And yes you can also drink too much, and thus overburden your kidneys.
(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is no one way to cure all.

Very true. However it's a simple fact of physiology that the skin is an eliminative organ, and it's a fact of chemistry that large molecular water clusters don't penetrate the cells very well, thus contributing to buildup of toxins, which the body must then expel, and the skin is one of the ways to expel those toxins. This is all just physiology. I agree that not everyone needs the exact same nutrients, because of genetics, metabolism, etc.; however, with water, it really is a one-size-fits-all because everyone's body is 75% water. That's just a physiological fact. All human bodies have the same need for water, just as they have the same need for air.

(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I always drank lots of water

What do you consider "lots" of water? 1 liter? 2 liters?

(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I still suffered from acne

Notice I listed microclustered water, along with eliminating sodas and reducing junk food. I've seen the water work alone, but only when the person didn't drink sodas. Soda is the anti-water! The only time I've seen people not get results was when they drank sodas or smoked, because the toxic input was greater than the body's ability to expel it.

(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]On the other hand, not everyone who is dehydrated and doesn't drink enough has acne.

Very true! Just like not everyone who smokes gets lung cancer. Some people get away with such habits due to good genetics and other compensating factors. But not everyone gets away with doing those things!

(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]And yes you can also drink too much, and thus overburden your kidneys.

Very true. But not all water is the same. Microclustered water is absorbed better so it doesn't overload the system like regular water.

I came across this information, by Edgar Cayce. I'm too lazy to try it myself, but I think he knew what he was talking about. Good luck Smile

http://www.edgarcayce.org/are/holistic_h...acne3.html

Meerie

(06-04-2012, 04:36 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I always drank lots of water

What do you consider "lots" of water? 1 liter? 2 liters?

(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I still suffered from acne

Notice I listed microclustered water, along with eliminating sodas and reducing junk food. I've seen the water work alone, but only when the person didn't drink sodas. Soda is the anti-water! The only time I've seen people not get results was when they drank sodas or smoked, because the toxic input was greater than the body's ability to expel it.

More water, at least 3 - 4 litres. Plus herbal tea, unsweetened. Note that I mentioned the colon cleansing, and the fasting I did too. I didn't drink sodas at all during that time.
Plus at the time my acne was worst I didn't smoke either.
Weirdly enough, now that I smoke and drink sodas from time to time, my skin is good...

I still think it was pre-planned catalyst.
But hey, maybe in some cases, something as simply as drinking more water may indeed help people!

I think everything is pre-planned catalyst, and when we have learned the lessons the catalyst offered, then we'll find physical methods of removing the catalyst. Or, sometimes we might find the physical methods, but just not be ready to let go of the problem, so we avoid utilizing those methods. It's all about choice.

Toxins from years of smoking etc. cannot be cleansed from the body in just a few days or even weeks. It takes time. Often, people get worse before they get better. It's called reversal of symptoms, or healing crisis. I would fully expect someone who smokes to have worse symptoms (like acne) during the fast or detox. This is actually a good sign, because the body is ridding itself of the toxins through the skin.

Quote:A healing crisis is when symptoms from diseases and toxins that are released during a detoxification process manifest themselves. Also known as "Herxheimer Reaction", a healing crisis occurs when toxins stored in the body are released at a faster rate than can be properly eliminated. The more toxic one's body is, the more severe the detoxification and the more intense the reaction.
A healing crisis is characterized by a temporary increase in symptoms during a cleansing or detoxification process. Such symptoms may be mild or severe, depending on the body's original toxicity, but are definitely temporary. They can occur immediately, within several days, or even several weeks of a cleansing program. Reverse Order What is not immediately intuitive is that symptoms are experienced in the reverse order of when the body was originally exposed to their cause.

Possible Symptoms

A healing crisis can have a variety of possible symptoms, depending on what the body underwent during the initial toxic encounter.
Symptoms can include:
muscle cramps or pain arthritic flair ups
diarrhea
extreme fatigue
restlessness
headaches
insomnia
sinus congestion
fever
skin eruptions
strong emotions or mood swings

from http://www.pureinsideout.com/healing-crisis.html

NOTE: This is just general info, and not directed at anyone. I cannot know anyone's particular situation. I'm just sharing some basic principles about toxins coming out through the skin. That's what acne is - toxins - though they may be from many various causes, including hormonal.
Bring4th_Monica Wrote:I think everything is pre-planned catalyst, and we have learned the lessons the catalyst offered, then we'll find physical methods of removing the catalyst. Or, sometimes we might find the physical methods, but just not be ready to let go of the problem, so we avoid utilizing those methods. It's all about choice.

Toxins from years of smoking etc. cannot be cleansed from the body in just a few days or even weeks. It takes time. Often, people get worse before they get better. It's called reversal of symptoms, or healing crisis. I would fully expect someone who smokes to have worse symptoms (like acne) during the fast or detox. This is actually a good sign, because the body is ridding itself of the toxins through the skin.

Just my 2 cents for this: I believe that it is more than possible to clear even that in a matter of mere weeks (maybe 40 days at best).

Of course, that means going off-track for what the consensus reality suggests as being possible, but what better place to do that than Bring4th? This, of course, is a very subjective matter, and I do not mean to provide an opposition to this - but if someone feels that they should be able to cleanse everything, even things that were considered impossible to cleanse, that might mean that they find their highest joy in defying the rules of our consensus reality.

I would suggest that in order to see if this resonates with one who is about to heal is to engage in meditations that sidestep what is actually within one's body, but instead focuses of decomposing and recrystallizing in a white hot room, dissolve and reform, shape and deshape, over and over again, 3 times a day, with the highest frequency possible. Then, alongside the health improvements, one will naturally get introduced to herbal materials that might aid this process in a natural way.
i think acne is a bacterial infection that has taken over. it needs to be fully purged. people use awful things like acutane which is often deadly. but it somehow removes the infection and then it won't come back again. surely this can be done in other ways.

can going alkaline help? i imagine if you eat a good alkaline diet of organic fresh produce and work on your internal issues, and drink spring water. there are many types of water. i suggest you do research. i heard this one guy talk about water that he just drops a little amount of special water to a bigger container of water and it transforms it. i dunno if that's true but it sounded interesting. there are many ways to change your water. going to a real spring is one way. hike in the middle of nowhere to some forest spring. Smile pitch a tent and stay.

Meerie maybe when you were detoxing the acne was going through a sort of detox period so it seemed bad. then again it could have been also internal changes that cured you later Smile i've had skin problems too. it was because of many things, my diet, the way i slept, touching my face. all this brings bacteria to the skin. diet internally, sleeping clogs the pores when your face is in the pillow, and hands also have bacteria. when you change your lifestyle things change. also like i said natural remedies like honey, and meerie said tea tree oil, are good for the skin in a natural way. i feel man made things stress the skin. i don't like products. i like nature.

i also recommend not eating microwaved food.
(06-04-2012, 05:40 AM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]they find their highest joy in defying the rules of our consensus reality.

That's awesome LoL.BigSmile

Avocado

Thanks for all your replies everyone. I didn't expect so much help so fast. What a pleasant surprise.

(06-04-2012, 12:25 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]try honey, it's a natural antibacterial and leaves your skin smooth and glowing. Smile of course organic honey is the best.

I happen to have raw organic solid stuff on deck so this I will do. That's internal honey right? Or am I about to get messy? Tongue

(06-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is no one way to cure all. I always drank lots of water, also when I still suffered from acne.
On the other hand, not everyone who is dehydrated and doesn't drink enough has acne.
And yes you can also drink too much, and thus overburden your kidneys.

If I had to guess I'd say I am closer to over drinking than dehydration. I've cut back a bit because I'd rather not urinate so frequently. I'd like to think the water I drink is ok. It's well water next to a mucky lake. So maybe it's not like spring water but it's got that going for it.

(06-04-2012, 04:36 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Notice I listed microclustered water, along with eliminating sodas and reducing junk food. I've seen the water work alone, but only when the person didn't drink sodas. Soda is the anti-water! The only time I've seen people not get results was when they drank sodas or smoked, because the toxic input was greater than the body's ability to expel it.

When I get the chance I will definitely try some of this fancy water. I definitely agree soda is anti-water.

(06-04-2012, 04:57 AM)Wander Wrote: [ -> ]I came across this information, by Edgar Cayce. I'm too lazy to try it myself, but I think he knew what he was talking about. Good luck Smile

Thanks. I'm definitely guilty of picking at pimples so there's wisdom in overcoming this. The technique of using ice in place of this sounds worth trying. If strawberries and bananas contribute to acne that's whack! I certainly hope not as these are things I enjoy every week.

(06-04-2012, 05:10 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I think everything is pre-planned catalyst, and when we have learned the lessons the catalyst offered, then we'll find physical methods of removing the catalyst. Or, sometimes we might find the physical methods, but just not be ready to let go of the problem, so we avoid utilizing those methods. It's all about choice.

This is worthy of consideration. If anything I would think my acne is a symptom of a catalyst yet to be catalyzed fully. My acne used to be way worse and it really doesn't bother me too much. It seems much less of a burden when I make it through without picking at it. Now that I think about it that might be the main thing.

(06-03-2012, 10:47 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I know that sweating will keep your pores in good shape, and acne seems to be an excess of poisons trying to escape the body. At least that was the case for me.

So we should be working out in heat? On those really hot days I usually see less joggers on the trails but I do think I enjoy a good sweat. I will have to make a point to work up a sweat on those hot days then.
yes you are, slap it on your face. that's what i meant. Tongue internally it is good too of course but yeah put it on your face. Smile there are also somekinds of oat meal honey mask recipes online but i've only used honey. i used to just put it on for about 20 minutes or so and then wash off. but maybe less time works too lol. but it's a delicious mask if i get some in my mouth. Tongue if you have long hair or bangs use somekind of band to pull your hair back. it's annoying if it gets in your dew!

i think well water is amazing.
Acne is genetic. There are host of topical, oral and cosmetic surgery options but not really any natural "cure-all" that works for everyone.

I still fight the occasional flare-up. Even in middle age.

Richard

Avocado

lol ok I'm excited to do this.
Yeah it's gotten better so I really can't complain. I don't expect it to go away just because I get older. I'll accept it as a permanent catalyst if need be. If I extrapolate the improvements of my diet into the future the acne should only get increasingly better. I'll accept that as well.
i think it will go away if you want it to and align with that. never ever say never!
I say hydrogen peroxide.
(06-04-2012, 07:49 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]i heard this one guy talk about water that he just drops a little amount of special water to a bigger container of water and it transforms it.

There are all sorts of potions and powders that do help a bit. Not as good as an ionizer machine, but they do help some. I agree with Oceania: do your research. PM me if you'd like more info.

(06-04-2012, 07:49 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]going to a real spring is one way. hike in the middle of nowhere to some forest spring. Smile pitch a tent and stay.

Oh yes!!! IF you are lucky enough to have a real spring or snow-melt or a freshly melted glacier in your backyard, that is ideal! Unfortunately most of us don't have access to microclustered water naturally occurring in nature, at least not on a daily basis, so we have to use a machine to make it. When they bottle spring water, it's not the same. But yes, if you can get to a natural spring and drink it fresh (not bottled) I agree that would be wonderful!

Oceania is right: Honey is used topically for acne. Avocado too, for that matter! Avocado, just put some avocado on your face! Eat them too! Lots and lots of avocado for Avocado! Tongue
well most of us have access if we make the effort. besides well water is just as good.
Also, Avocado, I will send healing energies towards you in my next few daily meditations, so use them to transform to your liking : )

Avocado

(06-04-2012, 04:39 PM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Avocado, I will send healing energies towards you in my next few daily meditations, so use them to transform to your liking : )

Aww that's very kind of you c:
(06-04-2012, 03:01 PM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]well most of us have access if we make the effort. besides well water is just as good.

I know about this stuff because it's my business. Well water is usually somewhat acidic, and all waters are oxidizing if they're not drunk fresh, immediately, from the spring. Water doesn't stay the same; it changes state. So we might be able to access a spring, but by the time we get the water home, it's already lost its antioxidant properties.

Water doesn't have to be antioxidant to serve the body overall. Any water is better than no water. I just meant, for detox, fresh, alkaline, antioxidant water is much more effective.

Well water varies also according to your geographic location. Some is acidic, some is alkaline, iron tinged, minerally etc.....some quite neutral. It depends on the make-up of the water bearing formations the well is pulling from. Does the well pull froma pure aquifer or is fed from possibly contaminated run-off?

Just that all wells are not created equal. I have friends who live out in West Texas. Thier ranch well water is so polluted with hydrogen sulfide (from the oil shales that make up that part of Texas) that to even run the faucet used to stink up their whole house. They've been hauling city water to the ranch in a tank trailer for decades.

Richard
Does everyone know about findaspring.com - just click on "Springs by Region" and find a spring near you!
(06-04-2012, 05:59 PM)omcasey Wrote: [ -> ]Does everyone know about findaspring.com - just click on "Springs by Region" and find a spring near you!

I remember that link. I think one issue that came up for me as far as long distance exploration was whether there was public access to the spring. One of a long list of reasons i wanted to head out of the country.

In Oregon one of the springs we used to get our water from now has a pathogen. At least that is what they publicized.Dodgy

The best water i have tasted was runoff from one of the humongous snow drifts on the McKenzie Pass. I would scoop a bowl-like pocket in the snow and it would fill up with clean water in seconds.
Pages: 1 2