Bring4th

Full Version: Law of One & Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am interested in one particular quote in the Law of One:

Quote:Questioner: How did the users of these sounds, Sanskrit and Hebrew, determine what these sounds were?

Ra: I am Ra. In the case of the Hebrew that entity known as Yahweh aided this knowledge through impression upon the material of genetic coding which became language, as you call it.

In the case of Sanskrit the sound vibrations are pure due to the lack of previous, what you call, alphabet or letter-naming. Thus the sound vibration complexes seemed to fall into place as from the Logos. This was a more, shall we say, natural or unaided situation or process.

I'm going to begin a treatment of what the underlined portion means:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanskrit#Writing_system
From Wikipedia:
Quote:The pre-Classical form of Sanskrit is known as Vedic Sanskrit, with the language of the Rigveda being the oldest and most archaic stage preserved, its oldest core dating back to as early as 1500 BCE.[6] This qualifies Rigvedic Sanskrit as one of the oldest attestations of any Indo-Iranian language, and one of the earliest attested members of the Indo-European language family, the family which includes English and most European languages.[7]

Ok, so Possibly the original Indo-European language. The vedas and other texts were preserved orally only for over a thousand years...

Quote:Sanskrit was spoken in an oral society, and the oral tradition was maintained through the development of early classical Sanskrit literature.[30] Writing was not introduced to India until after Sanskrit had evolved into the Prakrits; when it was written, the choice of writing system was influenced by the regional scripts of the scribes. Therefore, Sanskrit has no native script of its own.[2] As such, virtually all of the major writing systems of South Asia have been used for the production of Sanskrit manuscripts.
Quote:The earliest known inscriptions in Sanskrit date to the 1st century BCE.[32] They are in the Brahmi script, which was originally used for Prakrit, not Sanskrit.[33] It has been described as a "paradox" that the first evidence of written Sanskrit occurs centuries later than that of the Prakrit languages which are its linguistic descendants.[32][34] When Sanskrit was written down, it was first used for texts of an administrative, literary or scientific nature. The sacred texts were preserved orally, and were set down in writing, "reluctantly" (according to one commentator), and at a comparatively late date.[33]

There was an extreme reluctance to using a writing system at all, and various scripts were taken from other languages, all this in order to preserve the purity of the sound. A language older than 1500 BC, possibly the oldest systematized spoken language, had no writing system all until 100 BC, when scripts were taken from other languages.

One more thing I'd like to add is that Panini, who lived in 600 BC, wrote probably the best book on grammar and language rules ever written, such that language theory experts today use Sanskrit from panini terms heavily, and that Sanskrit is considered, grammatically, the most perfect language and is being investigated for use in creating computer languages.

Now I'd like to treat another language, Chinese, because in many ways it's the opposite of Sanskrit.
Quote:Written Chinese (Chinese: 中文; pinyin: zhōngwén) comprises Chinese characters (漢字 / 汉字 hànzì) used to represent the Chinese language, and the rules about how they are arranged and punctuated. Chinese characters do not constitute an alphabet or a compact syllabary. Rather, the writing system is roughly logosyllabic; that is, a character generally represents one syllable of spoken Chinese and may be a word on its own or a part of a polysyllabic word. The characters themselves are often composed of parts that may represent physical objects, abstract notions,[1] or pronunciation.[2]

Various current Chinese characters have been traced back to the late 商 Shāng Dynasty about 1200–1050 BC,[3][4][5] but the process of creating characters is thought to have begun some centuries earlier.[6] After a period of variation and evolution, Chinese characters were standardized under the 秦 Qín dynasty (221–206 BC).[7] Over the millennia, these characters have evolved into well-developed styles of Chinese calligraphy.[8]

In Chinese it's the script itself that is ancient and revered, It's logo-syllabic, that is the script primarily represents meanings and not sounds...

Quote:The Chinese had no uniform phonetic transcription system until the mid-20th century, although enunciation patterns were recorded in early rime books and dictionaries. Early Indian translators, working in Sanskrit and Pali, were the first to attempt to describe the sounds and enunciation patterns of Chinese in a foreign language. After the 15th century, the efforts of Jesuits and Western court missionaries resulted in some rudimentary Latin transcription systems, based on the Nanjing Mandarin dialect.

Hah! see, for Chinese there was no phonetic, or spoken transcription until later... and guess who attempted it? The Indians of course!

All right, all right. So what is the significance of all this?

Well, we now understand what is meant by Spoken Sanskrit being purer or "seemed to fall into place as from the Logos." So, it would seem, Language is the superior language for Mantra usage or verbal contexts.

But my deduction here... is that for Chinese, it is the script itself that is purer or "seemed to fall in place from the logos". So it may be that if one wants to use visualize letters in meditation or in a yantra, Chinese may be better because it's script is purer.

I think that hebrew letters are best for visualization, there are a lot of studies in this area of kabbalah, this have a lot of power in time-space:
Quote:74.15 Questioner: If we had constructed a ritual of our own with words used for the first time in this sequence of protection what would have been the relative merit of this with respect to the ritual that we chose?
Ra: I am Ra. It would be less. In constructing ritual it is well to study the body of written work which is available for names of positive or service-to-others power are available.
I didn't address Hebrew simply because I don't have a clue what this means " In the case of the Hebrew that entity known as Yahweh aided this knowledge through impression upon the material of genetic coding which became language, as you call it."

However, I do use the Shema prayer.

HI, i cant believe i have just found this thread discussing I AM Ra,, i was on the chat line a few days ago talking to javatman,, about my experiences of seeing one one one and I am, plus follow the white rabbit, and the only other times i have been on this site is to write my poetry which came through having those experiences, so i really am only just learning exactly what this site is all about,,, I find it strange that javatman days before our conversation on the chat link is talking about the significance of I AM Ra when that is what i was on about with out even knowing it was important on this site, incidently my internet name is alicewhite cause of my experiences and you can read all of my work on your poetry.com, but my real name begins with Ra and i am a leo born august 10th and have always since a tot loved egyptian history, without understanding why or really inderstanding what i learnt, i simply felt totally drawn to it like it was important, for no apparent reason, but i feel to say and i dont know why that i am sirious i mean serious, the all seeing eye is of paramount importance here above the pyramid, the star of the east is the brightest star other than the sun, and that is somehow paramount in all of this,,, if any one has any further thoughts i would appreciate your views thanks,
(07-23-2012, 08:33 PM)alicewhite Wrote: [ -> ]HI, i cant believe i have just found this thread discussing I AM Ra,, i was on the chat line a few days ago talking to javatman,, about my experiences of seeing one one one and I am, plus follow the white rabbit, and the only other times i have been on this site is to write my poetry which came through having those experiences, so i really am only just learning exactly what this site is all about,,, I find it strange that javatman days before our conversation on the chat link is talking about the significance of I AM Ra when that is what i was on about with out even knowing it was important on this site, incidently my internet name is alicewhite cause of my experiences and you can read all of my work on your poetry.com, but my real name begins with Ra and i am a leo born august 10th and have always since a tot loved egyptian history, without understanding why or really inderstanding what i learnt, i simply felt totally drawn to it like it was important, for no apparent reason, but i feel to say and i dont know why that i am sirious i mean serious, the all seeing eye is of paramount importance here above the pyramid, the star of the east is the brightest star other than the sun, and that is somehow paramount in all of this,,, if any one has any further thoughts i would appreciate your views thanks,

(07-23-2012, 08:33 PM)alicewhite Wrote: [ -> ]HI, i cant believe i have just found this thread discussing I AM Ra,, i was on the chat line a few days ago talking to javatman,, about my experiences of seeing one one one and I am, plus follow the white rabbit, and the only other times i have been on this site is to write my poetry which came through having those experiences, so i really am only just learning exactly what this site is all about,,, I find it strange that javatman days before our conversation on the chat link is talking about the significance of I AM Ra when that is what i was on about with out even knowing it was important on this site, incidently my internet name is alicewhite cause of my experiences and you can read all of my work on your poetry.com, but my real name begins with Ra and i am a leo born august 10th and have always since a tot loved egyptian history, without understanding why or really inderstanding what i learnt, i simply felt totally drawn to it like it was important, for no apparent reason, but i feel to say and i dont know why that i am sirious i mean serious, the all seeing eye is of paramount importance here above the pyramid, the star of the east is the brightest star other than the sun, and that is somehow paramount in all of this,,, if any one has any further thoughts i would appreciate your views thanks,

I have after writing this post gone on to read how the tarot is also important , that too is odd to me as i have read tarot cards since i was young and have always been astoundingly acurate in my readings , so much so that it freaked me out and i then refused to read for others anymore, i also never charged anyone as i feel it is not something that should be profitable it should be done with good intentions to help others not to take advantage of them, i only became aware of thier accuracy through doing readings for others, so even when i questioned myself and the cards validity it was others and the cards that convinced me, i was always the most skeptical,, but in the end even i couldnt explain away the unexplainable,,
Coincidentally, I happened to be reading this today (segment of a Q'uo channeling from March 25, 2007):

Quote:Jim: Concerning the same time of evolution within the religious practices of humans here. Ra said that the Hebrew sounds had a special meaning or a very natural way of falling from the creation into use by humans. Is that because the Hebrew sounds are associated with the light spectrum or are they encoded with any human genetic code? What makes the Hebrew alphabet so special?

We are those of Q’uo, and are aware of your query, my brother. We apologize for not being able completely to respond to your query. There are two problems that we have with this query. Firstly the instrument herself is not a scientist and in order to speak in a way that would be helpful to you technically we would need to be able to use her instrument with her having embedded some terms and simple awareness about how light works which she does not have. What we generally do with this instrument when talking about light and the use of sacred sound is to call upon this instrument’s experience as a singer.

We will say, this being understood, that sound is song. Any song an entity makes has a certain vibratory signature. However, each has perhaps experienced the difference between singing a popular song and singing a sacred song when you are attempting to worship.

When you are using sacred words and sacred language, and when you produce the sound consciously, aware of the sacredness of that sound, the voice brings to life underlying time/space-oriented or non-local energies that alert certain areas of vibration throughout the infinite universe of the one Creator. You can look at these simply as vibrations or you can look at them as Cherubim, Seraphim, and all of the other designations of unseen but very powerful and very real entities which are involved in the worship of the one infinite Creator.

These energies have been built up since the beginning of the energy of this octave of creation, with thousands and thousand of lifetimes and thousands and thousands of repetitions of various sounds.

(Side one of tape ends.)

(Carla channeling)

Certain sounds are therefore more sacred than others. The Lord’s Prayer is a good example of this type of constantly repeated set of words.

It is interesting to note that perhaps the most deeply felt prayers, by those who have worshipped in the past in your Roman Catholic churches, have been those words that they did not understand but that they knew to be holy, the vibration of those Latin words by priests who did not even understand what they were saying, nevertheless, by their sheer repetition in the ears of the faithful, generation after generation, [they] became magical, and the use of them was powerful.

When an entity uses language consciously, he becomes a priest. And indeed, we say to you: everything that you say may be seen to be sacred or deliberately chosen not to be sacred, because the default setting of speech of any kind of utterance is that it is sacred. Yet that beginning nature of sound itself, when involved with the human breath, is not used by most entities in most applications. Most people are not aware that, when they open their mouth and speak, they are people of power, and so they do not concern themselves precisely with what they say. And they may throw away many, many words which mean very little, simply having a good time communicating small facts and enjoying life.

However, in the case of two languages, the Sanskrit and the Hebrew, those involved in the early creation of the tongues and the writing down of them into a form of notation which you would call writing were working from the premise that their sounds were sacred. And this makes them sacred.

It is not that there is a code involved or that there is some statistical relationship betwixt the genetic code and certain vowels or syllables. It is that the intention of those who created and notated those two languages was to create a set of sacred vibrations.

These were unique in the creation of languages upon your sphere because of the fact that most languages have been created by those who wish to do business. And therefore the whole vibrational energy of words in most cultures is not that energy of sacredness, at least not consciously. Certainly, when these sounds are brought together into inspiring speech or ineffable singing, once again the human heart can begin to hear the sacredness of sound and the power of the human breath to express the love and the light of the one infinite Creator.

It is well to sense the self as a priest and to know that each time you open your mouth, you have the power to judge and you have the power to love and forgive. Using your voice sacredly is a great service.
How strange, i have recently had a poem published call Beautifull sound, you can read it on your poetry.com written by alicewhite, it is all about sounds shapes frequencies love, i have written about photons physics and consciousness also, without having any prior understanding relevant to any of the theories i describe and explain through my writing, they are all linked to spirituality and evolution, please check them out so you can see what i mean, i would appreccciate it as all of these coincidences are making me feel like an outcast and i need some clarification or advice, i hope you can help me with all this , thankyou x