Bring4th

Full Version: the seven categories of archetypal mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra presents us with 3 sets of seven when it comes to studying the archetypal mind. The 3 sets have to do with mind, body, and spirit respectively.

The 'seven' are the 7 rungs on the ladder of process:

[Image: KOboF.png]

the things with the same color 'work together' in tandem.

Matrix & Potentiator: the matrix is the thing that reaches (male principle) and the potentiator is the thing that is receptive (feminine principle). The matrix is always at work; the potentiator is ready to offer. In our male-dominated society, the offering of the inner-potentiator is quite often disregarded or straight-out ignored.

Catalyst & Experience: once the matrix and potentiator have 'clicked', a concrete catalyst can be generated. If this catalyst is accepted for what it is, it can then be converted into an 'experience'.

Significator: the significator represents the 'core function' of either the mind, body, or spirit.

Transformation: if the energetic process/understanding reaches the 6th level, a system altering 'transformation' can take place. This would be akin to 'levelling up' in a computer game environment.

Great Way: this represents the 'environment' or the framework in which the mind, body, or spirit processes take place.

- -

Ra recommends this as a system of study, because it can yield tremendous information to the self. It is basically a map of energy flows/information of your core being.

Quote:91.38 The archetypical mind, when penetrated lucidly, is a blueprint of the builded structure of all energy expenditures and all seeking, without distortion. This, as a resource within the deep mind, is of great potential aid to the adept.
What an excellent post !

Heart
(06-05-2012, 12:32 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]What an excellent post !

Heart

thanks Patrick. You are a very kind giver Smile

(06-05-2012, 11:29 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra presents us with 3 sets of seven when it comes to studying the archetypal mind. The 3 sets have to do with mind, body, and spirit respectively.

The 'seven' are the 7 rungs on the ladder of process:

[Image: KOboF.png]

the things with the same color 'work together' in tandem.

Matrix & Potentiator: the matrix is the thing that reaches (male principle) and the potentiator is the thing that is receptive (feminine principle). The matrix is always at work; the potentiator is ready to offer. In our male-dominated society, the offering of the inner-potentiator is quite often disregarded or straight-out ignored.

Catalyst & Experience: once the matrix and potentiator have 'clicked', a concrete catalyst can be generated. If this catalyst is accepted for what it is, it can then be converted into an 'experience'.

Significator: the significator represents the 'core function' of either the mind, body, or spirit.

Transformation: if the energetic process/understanding reaches the 6th level, a system altering 'transformation' can take place. This would be akin to 'levelling up' in a computer game environment.

Great Way: this represents the 'environment' or the framework in which the mind, body, or spirit processes take place.

- -

Ra recommends this as a system of study, because it can yield tremendous information to the self. It is basically a map of energy flows/information of your core being.

Quote:91.38 The archetypical mind, when penetrated lucidly, is a blueprint of the builded structure of all energy expenditures and all seeking, without distortion. This, as a resource within the deep mind, is of great potential aid to the adept.

LOVE this--nicely done plenum. Very clear--I like the idea of the Potentiator as that which offers--which, for me is both a FORM and a FORCE archetype (but then, you guys all know I don't see the polarity of the archetypes in quite the same way as everybody else. BigSmile).

Still, I've been mulling over the dynamic of "offering"---which is a huge concept in and of itself...
1) offering service
2) offering love
3) offering "truth"
4) offering "light"
5) offering an opinion
6) offering help
7) offering of self
etc...

I think there may be a place where "offering" tips over into "persuading" or "urging" or "pushing" that many in this world seem to be working on right now...there's also a place where it tips over into martyrdom--which, can actually be a means of manipulation and selfishness.

Maybe some meditation on the High Priestess?

@Everybody: How has "offering" gone very wrong or very right for you? It would be interesting to read other people's experiences out in the world.

HeartHeartHeart
From this I would say that what we feel is the Self is actually the Significator of the Mind.
(06-06-2012, 11:06 AM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]@Everybody: How has "offering" gone very wrong or very right for you? It would be interesting to read other people's experiences out in the world.
How can it be an offering if there is a wrong or right way to go about it? How would you compare "offering" to "service to the one"?

(08-07-2012, 11:55 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2012, 11:06 AM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]@Everybody: How has "offering" gone very wrong or very right for you? It would be interesting to read other people's experiences out in the world.
How can it be an offering if there is a wrong or right way to go about it? How would you compare "offering" to "service to the one"?

I guess I would say that it can come off "wrong"* when you offer help and it is refused, or if someone takes an offering of a viewpoint as an order or judgment when it wasn't meant as such. Sometimes you can even relate a story about yourself and have someone "see" themselves and their own behavior reflected negatively. For example, one person says, "I used to be really depressed, but for me, working out and changing my diet seemed to help." Then the person that was offered this viewpoint takes it as implying criticism of their diet and gets defensive and angry.

I also think sometimes people offer help--but only in a very specific way and as long as they maintain total control of the situation. For example, you offer to help someone move. You get to their house and they don't have everything in boxes so you can just carry out and move the boxes (expectation). You get mad and resentful--even though you offered help. This one I've actually seen in someone I know who went to help someone else. I just figured that you'd go and help in whatever way was needed for as long as you were willing and regardless of the amount of effort the one moving had been able to put in previously.

Nevertheless, I think we are constantly in the service of the One Infinite Creator--how could we not be? The one task we've been "given" (for lack of a better term--since all is freely choosen) is to experience and be experienced such that the Creator (ourselves) knows itself in all its fullness.

I reflected yesterday that I have had enormous opportunities to fully experience various emotions, both directly and vicariously (this ties in with my post on emotions). And now, some of the one I considered negative over the past year is just sort of gone, burned clean. Now I can reflect and laugh over what seemed so important--I would even consider this "service" to the One (my willingness to fully experience the negative emotion). Not that shrinking from the emotion isn't service, I didn't imply that. In fact, that is yet another "offering" of service/experience to the One.

*"wrong" only meaning "unpleasant", not "bad service"--all is service to the One, IMO. BigSmile

HeartHeartHeartHeart
One question I have pondered for a while is, what is the relationship between the Transformation and the Great Way akin to those between Matrix and Potentiator and between Catalyst and Experience. The Significator is the only one said to be a unified concept, and therefore not paired.

Plenum, you gave them the same color and said that same colors work in tandem, so you must have this question also.
(08-08-2012, 07:43 PM)jivatman Wrote: [ -> ]One question I have pondered for a while is, what is the relationship between the Transformation and the Great Way akin to those between Matrix and Potentiator and between Catalyst and Experience. The Significator is the only one said to be a unified concept, and therefore not paired.

Plenum, you gave them the same color and said that same colors work in tandem, so you must have this question also.

Hi JV. My tentative thoughts on this are that the Transformation/Great Way relationship is akin to that of intelligent energy/intelligent infinity. That is, the Transformation represents a kinetic change, whereas the Great Way is more like the backdrop/environment in which such things take place (not just the transformation, but the preceeding 6 steps).

to use the body as an example, the Transformation of the Body is the Death card, and it encapsulates all things to do with the useful assimilation of catalyst in general (catalyst here NOT referring to just catalyst of the body). It is the moment by moment transformation of our physical being (ie energy centres) if catalyst is accepted and worked with.

the Alchemist, in contrast, is the Great Way of the Body. To me, it captures the over-arcing theme of space/time and time/space; the environment in which the physical manifested experience takes place. It doesn't 'do anything' as such, but a comprehension of this backdrop, much like the props on a theatre stage, inform all the processes that pertain to the Body Line of Archetypes (cards 8-14).

The same sort of analysis could be combined for the Lovers/Chariot, and Judgement/Cosmos. To be honest, my understandings have accumulated over a couple of years by dreamwork; it is not something that falls easily into place for the intellectual mind.
In the mind, as suggested by the kinetic nature of the image, the Great Way is always active and bringing forth countless things from the archetypal mind to ponder. The mind at first brings them forth randomly, but a preference develops and crystallizes between good and evil, in the Transformation one is transformed by beginning to see good as good and evil as evil.

In the body it's reversed, with death as an always active inevitability, negatively, this is Samsara, the unconscious cycle of reincarnation. In the alchemist, this process is understood consciously and used as a process for transformation.