Bring4th

Full Version: Hemp Seed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:There are eight amino acids the human body cannot make and two more the body cannot make in sufficient quantity, so they are essential to life. A diet without any one of them will eventually cause disease and death. These essential amino acids, along with eleven others the body can make from them, are chained together in accordance to genetic guidelines, via RNA formats from DNA blueprints, into structural proteins that give body to life, and into enzymes (globular proteins) that carry out the mechanics of living.

Nearly three quarters of body solids are proteins. The body is literally constructed and maintained by an infinitely complex system that simply builds proteins from amino acid sub units. Every amino acid consists of an amine and a carboxyl bound to the same carbon atom. All but the smallest amino acid have one, more or less complex, carbon containing side chain connected to the carbon atom shared by the amine and carboxyl groups. The amine group, ND, is slightly basic; the carboxyl group, COOH, is a mild acid. The amine group of one amino acid unites with the carboxyl group of another forming a peptide link. Proteins are made of amino acid peptide chains in specific sequences. The number of possible amino acid peptide combinations is infinite.

Peptide chains can bend, twist and unite with other peptide chains by forming weak hydrogen bonds between nitrogen and oxygen atoms along the chain. Amino acids can also form bonds through side chain linkages. All three types of amino acid bonding methods contribute to the infinite possibility of protein shapes and reactivity potentials. Though each species builds proteins unique to itself, life can tailor new ones if challenged by the pressures of existence.
http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html

Quote: The body burns SFAs up to 14 carbons long to produce energy much like we burn hydrocarbon fuels to power automobiles. Only the body's biochemical engines burn clean, leaving no "smog" as long as the body is in good health. Enzymes (globular proteins) within the cell break SFAs into successive 2-carbon fragments (acetates) starting from the acid end. The acetates are then burned (oxidized) in the cell's energy furnace, the mitochondria. The chemical energy produced is stored in ATP (adenosine triphosphate) molecules and can be released to fuel chemical reactions whenever the cell needs it. The remaining energy dissipates as heat and that keeps the body warm. (The first law of thermodynamics says energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but can change forms. Heat radiation is a form of kinetic energy; the bonding energy that holds chemical compounds together is called chemical energy. Heat can make or break chemical bonds, and chemical reactions can absorb or release heat.)

SFAs are sticky. The longer the chain the more readily the fatty portions tend to dissolve into each other. SFAs longer than ten carbons are solid at body temperature. Saturated fatty acid chains with 16 or more carbons can interfere with normal metabolic functions and clog arteries when consumed in excess. They are found in animal fats; primarily in beef, lamb and pork; and in coconut and palm kernel oil.

--------------
Prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) is the best known in series 1. Some of the series 2 prostaglandins have the opposite effect of PGE1, and the series 3 prostaglandins have properties similar to series 1. PGE1 helps prevent heart attacks and strokes associated with cardiovascular disease by keeping blood platelets from sticking together and forming clots in the arteries. PGE1 retards cholesterol production and improves circulation by dilating blood vessels. It controls series 2 prostaglandin production. It is involved with T cell functions in the immune system and may well help to prevent cancer growth by regulating the rate of cell division. PGE1 improves nerve action and gives a sense of well being.

LA, LNA and the highly unsaturated fatty acids the body makes from them, are necessary in the most active energy and electron exchanging and oxygen requiring tissues; especially the brain, retina, inner ear, adrenal and testicular tissues. They carry the high energy required by the most active tissues, and ensure very high oxygen availability to them. Life force travels through the body via the essential fatty acids and their derivatives.

Over half the oil found in dark green plant leaves is Linolenic acid (green leaves contain 1% or less oil). It is even more concentrated in the membranes of the chloroplasts where photosynthesis takes place. The pi-electron clouds of the cis- double bonds in LNA absorb photon energy from sunlight striking the plant leaves and become excited like electrons in laser materials. The pi-electrons transform the solar energy into chemical energy and LNA transports that energy wherever it is needed.

LNA is about five times more reactive to light than LA. Light increases LNA's ability to react with oxygen by a thousand times. The unsaturated fatty acids with more cis- bonds are extremely sensitive to light and will spoil rapidly when exposed to it. The oils quickly become rancid and unfit to eat. So the special nature of the EFAs that make them essential to life -- absorption of oxygen and transformation of solar energy -- causes them to decompose when exposed to air and light.

When the EFAs and their highly unsaturated cousins are exposed to sunlight, free radical chain reactions begin. A single photon may be caught by an electron on a carbon next to the cis- bonded pair. That excited electron leaves orbit and crashes into another one or takes off with a hydrogen nucleus causing a chain reaction that continues for 30,000 cycles. Bonds break along the chain. New and different molecules are formed. Many including, ozonides and peroxides which destroy lung tissue, hydroperoxides, polymers and especially hydroperoxyaldehydes are toxic to the body.

Though life cannot flow without the light and oxygen sensitive EFAs, they quickly become toxic when handled incorrectly. Nature solves this paradox by making powerful antioxidants and free radical scavengers that control the oxidation rate and trap free radicals before chain reactions get out of control. Two of the best are vitamins A and E. Nature designed them to dissolve into her remarkable polyunsaturated oils and shield them while they enable life energy to flow.

Plants have created the perfect container to safely store the EFAs and protect them from light and oxygen damage. It is the seed. And as long as we get our essential fatty acids by eating whole seeds the lifeforce within us is charged with vitality. Hemp seeds contain the perfect balance of the essential fatty acids required by the human body. Hemp seed oil is indeed the oil of life.
http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed2.html

Quote:Hempseed's amino acid profile is close to "complete"[clarification needed] when compared to more common sources of proteins such as meat, milk, eggs and soy.[23] The proportions of linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid in one tablespoon (15 ml) per day of hemp oil easily provides human daily requirements for EFAs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

Quote:Hemp can be used as a "mop crop" to clear impurities out of wastewater, such as sewage effluent, excessive phosphorus from chicken litter, or other unwanted substances or chemicals. Eco-technologist Dr. Keith Bolton from Southern Cross University in Lismore, New South Wales, Australia, is a leading researcher in this area. Hemp is being used to clean contaminants at the Chernobyl nuclear disaster site. This is known as phytoremediation-the process by the cleaning radiation as well as a variety of other toxins from the soil, water, and air. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

Quote:The oil contained in the hemp seed is 75-80% polyunsaturated fatty acids (the good fats) and only 9-11% of the lesser desired saturated fatty acids. Hemp seed oil is reputed to be the most unsaturated oil derived from the plant kingdom. The essential fatty acids (EFAs) contained in hemp seed oil are required in our diet more than any other vitamin, yet our bodies do not naturally produce them. They must be obtained from external sources in the food we eat. EFAs are involved with producing life's energy throughout the human body and without them, life is not possible. In general, North Americans have a high dietary deficiency in EFAs due to our high intake of animal fats versus plant fats, caused by our high consumption of processed foods and meats versus natural organic foods. Hemp seed oil has been dubbed "Nature's most perfectly balanced oil", due to the fact that it contains the perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (linoleic/ LA) to Omega 3 (alpha-linolenic/ LNA) essential fatty acids, determined to be the optimum requirement for long-term healthy human nutrition. In addition, it also contains smaller amounts of 3 other polyunsaturated fatty acids in Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), oleic acid and stearidonic acid. This EFA combination is unique among edible oil seeds. (see nutritional composition )

Extensive studies have demonstrated that many common illnesses are related to deficiencies or imbalances of specific fatty acids in the body. Symptoms are often related to a lack of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and their derivatives, the postaglandins. Most people eating a healthful diet, one that includes a balanced ratio of essential fatty acids, also have healthy skin and a strong immune system. Yet some individuals may experience shortages in specific fatty acids or their metabolites due to dysfunctional enzyme systems or other inhibitions in their metabolic pathways caused by genetic, immune-system-related, or even environmental factors. It has been proven in several clinical studies that dietary supplementation with EFAs or their metabolites (such as GLA) will often prevent or even cure these illnesses. Since hemp seed oil contains both EFAs in a desirable balance while also providing two of the EFA metabolites, it is a good resource for the prevention and treatment of certain illnesses. Hemp seed oil also provides an adequate supply of antioxidants (Vitamin E), carotene (precursor to Vitamin A), phytosterols, phospholipids and a number of minerals including calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, phosphorus, along with modest amounts of iron and zinc. Hemp seed oil also provides a good source of chlorophyll. The daily recommended allowance of hemp seed oil is 14-28 ml (1 to 2 tablespoons). This allowance provides between 8 and 16 grams of Omega 6 (LA) and between 3 and 6 grams of Omega 3 (LNA). And lastly, unlike other Omega-rich alternatives (flax, evening primrose, borage or fish oils) that are sold mainly as a vitamin supplement, hemp seed, hemp oil and hulled hemp seed all have a flavorful "nutty" taste that will create consumer demand and can easily be added into most any recipe to obtain a balanced diet!
http://hempbasics.com/shop/cms-display/h...ition.html

Quote:Analysis indicates that Hemp Hearts™ (shelled hemp seeds) are unmatched in Nature for their balance of all required proteins, all essential fats and most vitamins. Hemp seed protein contains all 20 known amino acids, including the 10 essential amino acids, the building blocks of protein, and essential fatty acids necessary for muscle repair. Analysis also indicates that these beneficial nutrients are concentrated in Hemp Hearts™ (shelled hemp seeds) with minimal quantities of carbohydrates, saturated fats and sugar.

The Oil Component Consists of Preferred Ratios of All Essential Fatty Acids (EFA'S):

With 78% essential fats, hemp oil greatly exceeds soy oil at 40%, canola oil @30%, olive oil at 10% and other oils.

Hemp oil contains more "Omega 3" EFA components (19%) than are found in any fish and in most fish-oil supplements.

Omega 3 and Omega 6 essential fats may reduce cholesterol, blood pressure, coronary heart disease and stroke.

The ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 EFA's in hemp oil is thought to be the best in nature for promoting cellular health.

Hemp foods reduce inflammation and benefit those with arthritis, cardiovascular disease, psoriasis--even tuberculosis.

By improving circulation and reducing inflammation, hemp products may be particularly beneficial for diabetics.

As a rare source of GLA, hemp foods may be beneficial to those too ill to synthesize this EFA from other fats.

Hemp oil contains plant sterols which may reduce the risk of colon and prostate cancer.
http://www.hempforbodybuilding.com/

Hmm maybe I should buy a bag of seeds of my dealer next time as well as the bud.
Love hemp seed oil! I take a tbl of organic hemp seed oil and mix with lemon juice, himalayan salt, honey and mustard and pour over salad. It's a delicous smelling oil too, although I find a tbl of pure oil too gaggy to swallow...best on salad. Store oil in fridge.
oh and also really good on the skin after a warm bath, or face before bed.
looking into ordering some from the US via iherb as it is way overpriced in AUS. ( at least the places i have come across it)

however , my only question is whether or not the seeds need to be soaked(a few sources claim that they do not contain phytic acid) .. my guess is that if they are hulled then there should be no problem .

A few years back I found (maybe at a Trader Joe's?) a bag of toasted and salted hemp seed and bought them. They were absolutely delicious, a great snack.

The area where I live in Kentucky used to be the hemp producing capital of North America (this was back before WW1, when hemp fiber was used to make rope). It could be again if the crop were legalized.....it grows extremely well here.
...bambambamBESTTHINGEVERINYOURLIFE....
*reads through*
...bambambamCURESCANCEROMGAMAZING...
*reads further*
....bambamOMEGA3UNSATURATEDFATAMAZINGbambam....
*gets hyped*
-NOT TO BE TAKEN TOGETHER WITH WARFARIN-

....thanks. Thanks a lot, science Tongue
I really have to try for natural blood thinners, do I? I almost feel ready for this.
Lot of movement+4l clean water a day+garlic/ginseng+stuff like sunflower seed/hemp seed/lack of green vegetables = warfarin intake...

I hope so BigSmile
I've order some hemp seed oil and coconut oil from Nutiva and I like it. I do switch up my coconut oil source though and my latest jar my wife picked up at Trader Joe's.

Nutiva