Bring4th

Full Version: Google Warns Users Targeted By State Sponsored Attacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I kind of think this is diversion tactics.
Quote:UPDATE: A senior Senate aide confirmed that this evening he received a warning on his Gmail account that Google suspected he had been the target of a state-sponsored cyber attack.

Web giant Google is about to announce a new warning informing Gmail users when a specific type of attacker is trying to hijack their accounts -- governments and their proxies.

Later today, the company will announce a new warning system that will alert Gmail users when Google believes their accounts are being targeted by state-sponsored attacks. The new system isn't a response to a specific event or directed at any one country, but is part and parcel of Google's recent set of policy changes meant to allow users to protect themselves from malicious activity brought on by state actors. It also has the effect of making it more difficult for authoritarian regimes to target political and social activists by hacking their private communications.
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/...ed_attacks
Hmm, someone tried to hack my account from Israel a few days ago (no, Im not joking:S). Google sent me an email with the IP address which I promptly accidentally deleted on my iPhone (so no way to recover it from the trash), otherwise I would copy paste it here. It was just days after I re-posted the "quantum gravity" video that I also posted here on bring4th, although I dont know if it was related (the video said it was sponsored by the department of something from Israel, though). Then again, the "nation" of Israel(7.8mil) has only slightly more population than the state of Arizona(6.4mil), so it kind of narrows it down to a small group of people.

Edit: Israel bezeqint.net | 81.218.225.62 Jun 2, 2012 2:41:52 PM

* Parsons shrugs

"Flame: UN urges co-operation to prevent global cyberwar"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18351995

Seems related?