Bring4th

Full Version: Pronunciation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:62.1 Questioner: Could you tell me what was wrong or what caused the necessity for the rewalking of the circle and the purpose for the expelling of the breath?

Ra: I am Ra. This instrument was under specific psychic attack at the time of the beginning of the working. There was a slight irregularity in the words verbalized by your sound complex vibratory mechanisms in the protective walking of the circle. Into this opening came this entity and began to work upon the instrument now in trance state, as you would call it. This instrument was being quite adversely affected in physical complex distortions.

Thus the circle was properly walked. The breath of righteousness expelled the thought-form and the circle again walked.

Many new agers believe intent is what matters. This does not actually fit into the workings of magic, which is somewhat known by the example of the use of the name "Jehovah" calling a powerful negative being. This quote describes the importance of conscious awareness over belief/intent alone. My view is that not only can shielding make a difference, but full awareness of our thoughts and words as well.

Unbound

We seek within.
(06-11-2012, 03:08 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]Ra is picky. Aha!

LoL I like that.BigSmile

Unbound

There is a buddhist story that describes the lamas of a monstary being invited to visit this monk who lived in retreat in a cave. After the journey he arrives there and asks the monk about his spiritual practice. The monk says he only knows one mantra and that's his entire practice is working with this mantra, which is "Om mani padme hum". So, suggesting they do some chants together, they start to chant the mantra and to the horror of the lamas he realizes the monk is pronouncing it wrong!

He quickly informs the monk and asks him if he was aware of his incorrect pronunciation. The monk seems surprised and kindly asks the lamas to give him the correct pronunciation. After doing so the monk thanks him as he leaves, expressing that he's going to practice with the real pronunciation now.

So, the lamas, after coming down from the mountain, is walking down to the river where his boat is waiting. He's thinking to himself about the monk and how unfortunate it is that the man wasted so long with an incorrect mantra, and hopefully now at least he'll have some years to practice with the proper one. Then, as he nears the river he looks up to see the monk from the cave standing right on the water. The monk asks, "I forgot the pronunciation you gave me, could you tell me again?" Naturally, the lamas questions him why he needs it when clearly he has achieved a large degree of awakening. Yet, the monk insists and after being told the pronunciation again walks off over the river saying it to himself slowly, over and over.

--

And that, is my thoughts on "proper pronunciation". BigSmile

Avocado

As I've aligned my ego identity's intent more with the intent of higher portions of myself, the more the intentions actually work. This is where I found resonance with Islam, the way of submission. Also the conscious awareness without identity, or observer, is closer to who I am. This is the part that has a hard time being boxed in by words, the best way to describe it is simply being. So the aligning of intent was an important part of my formula but more so is simply being. How I should best approach applying this to interacting with entities is a puzzle. My ego identity and higher self are working together to integrate the suffering that knowledge of non-physical entities brings about. Amidst the confusion I take refuge in being.
Every one of us is a creator, and the principal act of creation is perception or observation. This is how we define what is. Perception or observation however is not the final word. Our minds frame the perceived and this is how we define what things mean and how we put things in a causal context.

In occult ritual there's often great care being given to the collection and proper care of tools. The athame, or ritual working knife, the sword, the staff, a few artifacts that store and contain vibrations to be used in similar rituals. A deck of tarot cards. The book of spells. To some these tools are not to be touched, spoken about or even taken out of their storage when not used for proper ritual. The witches broom.

Objects of course receive an imprint of the meaning given to them by their owners. But this is a weak reflection compared to the meaning the mind wields.

There are those who improvise the tools when needed, any old kitchen knife will be the sacred ritual knife, and modern witches when in a pinch occasionally replace their brooms by vacuum cleaners. There is no real difference between their effectiveness. It's just a matter of preference.

It's all in your mind. Matter is devoid of meaning. The meaning is added to the matter by the mind. Just like color does not exist in the real world. Our minds assign colors to patterns in light and our mind assigns magic to specific material objects.

If you believe pronunciation matters. It probably will. If you don't believe it matters it won't...
(06-11-2012, 01:53 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Many new agers believe intent is what matters. This does not actually fit into the workings of magic

I think precision is what matters. I had a dream where I saw one of those spiralling coils that you use in your devices. As the energy flows outward to in, the more 'distorted' energies get thrown off by the tighter turnings of the inner spiral. Only the less distorted energies can stay on the inner track.

- -

it also seems to work in reverse:

I was using some affirming mantras yesterday, this one in particular;

"I choose the path of acceptance"; but my mind kept stumbling over the last word and drifting into saying "separation". After this happened a few times, I thought something was up, and did a banishing ritual, which I hadn't done for quite a while. Know what? problem disappeared. No more stumblings.

the best psychic attacks are the ones you don't even realise have happened (sort of like poisoning your food).
(06-11-2012, 03:18 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]There is a buddhist story that describes the lamas of a monstary being invited to visit this monk who lived in retreat in a cave. After the journey he arrives there and asks the monk about his spiritual practice. The monk says he only knows one mantra and that's his entire practice is working with this mantra, which is "Om mani padme hum". So, suggesting they do some chants together, they start to chant the mantra and to the horror of the lamas he realizes the monk is pronouncing it wrong!

He quickly informs the monk and asks him if he was aware of his incorrect pronunciation. The monk seems surprised and kindly asks the lamas to give him the correct pronunciation. After doing so the monk thanks him as he leaves, expressing that he's going to practice with the real pronunciation now.

So, the lamas, after coming down from the mountain, is walking down to the river where his boat is waiting. He's thinking to himself about the monk and how unfortunate it is that the man wasted so long with an incorrect mantra, and hopefully now at least he'll have some years to practice with the proper one. Then, as he nears the river he looks up to see the monk from the cave standing right on the water. The monk asks, "I forgot the pronunciation you gave me, could you tell me again?" Naturally, the lamas questions him why he needs it when clearly he has achieved a large degree of awakening. Yet, the monk insists and after being told the pronunciation again walks off over the river saying it to himself slowly, over and over.

--

And that, is my thoughts on "proper pronunciation". BigSmile

My perception of the story most likely does not fit your own. What I get from this is the story of "consensus belief" having the wrong pronounciation. The story is left quite open for interpretation.

This perception happens to fit with current reality as well, since there are hugely widespread "beliefs" based on misinterpretations and mispronounciations.

I came to understand the pronounciation issue a while back when other magicians were talking of the mistakes experienced with pronouncing YHVH. I think I remember them describing newer magical texts as dropping the importance of pronounciation, with a few people mentioning there is a reason for "mixed results".
(06-11-2012, 04:07 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]It's all in your mind. Matter is devoid of meaning. The meaning is added to the matter by the mind. Just like color does not exist in the real world. Our minds assign colors to patterns in light and our mind assigns magic to specific material objects.

If you believe pronunciation matters. It probably will. If you don't believe it matters it won't...

Questioner: Could you tell me why Carla is experiencing pain?

Ra: I am Ra. Do not worry. It is all in your mind.
If you believe that there is correct pronounciation and incorrect one, then of course using the correct one is important.
But if you do not believe it to be so, then it wont matter. (That is my belief, of course, not some consensus reality stuff.)

I am a bit surprised though that you interpreted that buddhist story that way, but it is an interesting perspective to have anyway, so thank you for that.

Shin'Ar

Intent is only one aspect of actually performing magic, and without the others it is meaningless to intend.
"All is well" - Ra

Wink

Unbound

We seek within.
(06-12-2012, 01:26 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Questioner: Could you tell me why Carla is experiencing pain?

Ahahahaha!! BigSmile

When I studied magic, I understood that knowing the mind was extremely important. You had to be completely honest with yourself about this or that purpose of the working you were about to do, bringing all your thoughts in regards to that purpose of that particular ritual/magical working into the light of consciousness (especially those you didn't want to face, or the "dark" ones, were most important to understand). Otherwise, the ritual/magical working could have the opposite effect than that intended by you consciously.

Thereafter, the complete focus, and concentration, during the ritual/magical working, which is usually verbalized, was of most importance. Again, if not properly focused, the ritual/magical working could have an opposite effect than intended by magician. The magician had to exercise a great deal, before attaining that kind of power, of being able to focus like that during the magical working.

The question is, in regards to this session, - why was not the verbalizing of the protective walking of the circle of one properly done? Was the mind busy? Was not the full attention given to the protection? We don't know that, but luckily it ended well. =)
(06-12-2012, 01:26 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2012, 04:07 PM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]It's all in your mind. Matter is devoid of meaning. The meaning is added to the matter by the mind. Just like color does not exist in the real world. Our minds assign colors to patterns in light and our mind assigns magic to specific material objects.

Questioner: Could you tell me why Carla is experiencing pain?

What you're referring to with the proper pronounciation business in general and the name YHVH in particular is based on John 1:1 in the bible. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." From this perople assumed that if you properly pronounce the name of God, you invoke God. God and the name are the same. If the word is there, so is God!

The bible was somewhat of a mistranslation however. The original word was Logos.. Not word... If you look up logos in the dictionary it translates as word, thought principle or logic. But it's much more, including how Ra uses the word Logos.

So "in the beginning was the logos and the logos was God and the logos was with God" is a more appropriate translation. Mind that you have to understand that logos does not necesarily mean you're dealing with a conscious entity. Logos means logos.

Invoking the proper name, the real pronunciation is not about making the right sounds. It's about BECOMING the proper vibratory complex and BECOME the logos you invoke... This is in essence channeling. (It is also much more than that but this is difficult enough as it is)

The jews did not want to become God every single time they spoke about him. So that's why they point out the name. On the surface it is a bit silly but as religious habits go it demonstrates profound insight to those who can see below the surface. (Not necesarily all of it's followers) It also means that in the sacred temples this type of invokation of God actually happened. We know for a fact it happened in the roman/greco/egyptian and pagan religions from the same time period. And we also know the dual nature of Jesus who at some points speaks from the perspective of God.. He has at those points achieved the vibratory complex that is synonymous with the logos we call God. Mantras are intended to achieve the same thing. Sufi "mantra's" are actually names of God, each of them is used to invoke that aspect of God into our selves.

What I am saying is that the verbal pronounciation is truly irrelevant. It's all in the mind. What is important is to reach the right vibration. When you reach the right vibriation you have done what is understood as invoking the Godform. You literally become the logos you invoke.. The logos acts through you and you act as it. This is how you channel. If the right vibratory complex is not reached then you can have other influences like two AM radio channels where one bleeds into the other and disturbs the transmission. If this is intensive work then it can be very draining especially if the second channel is a negative one.

I hope this cleared up some misunderstandings.
(06-12-2012, 10:55 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]When I studied magic, I understood that knowing the mind was extremely important. You had to be completely honest with yourself about this or that purpose of the working you were about to do, bringing all your thoughts in regards to that purpose of that particular ritual/magical working into the light of consciousness (especially those you didn't want to face, or the "dark" ones, were most important to understand). Otherwise, the ritual/magical working could have the opposite effect than that intended by you consciously.
Exactly. The reason is that you enter into magic and ritual (just like life) with all your being. If part of you is not congruent with the rest of you it still gets a vote and in some situations that vote is stronger than your conscious intent.

You might end up with the esoteric equivalent of placing a magnifying glass over one of your own demons. This experience can be very disturbing. It is hardly ever something we cannot deal with. Many people avoid dealing with it when it happens and it's not uncommon for those people to get such a fright that they never want to get involved in the occult ever again. It's also unfortunately possible that people by not dealing with a problem that is simply there become preoccupied with running away from it thus getting nothing else done and sometimes severely disrupt their lives.

It's better to just face whatever it is at that point.

(06-12-2012, 10:55 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Thereafter, the complete focus, and concentration, during the ritual/magical working, which is usually verbalized, was of most importance. Again, if not properly focused, the ritual/magical working could have an opposite effect than intended by magician. The magician had to exercise a great deal, before attaining that kind of power, of being able to focus like that during the magical working.
Also true Smile If your intent is to invoke one thing but inadvertantly focus on another thing then that other thing might be invoked instead.

(06-12-2012, 10:55 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]The question is, in regards to this session, - why was not the verbalizing of the protective walking of the circle of one properly done? Was the mind busy? Was not the full attention given to the protection? We don't know that, but luckily it ended well. =)
I think you're thinking along the right tracks. That's exactly what I wondered about. It could be as simple as a minor distraction for one of the participants causing a train of thought to take off into a direction that was incompatible with the intent of the circle.
Quote:All uses of catalyst by the mind are those consciously applied to catalyst. Without conscious intent the use of catalyst is never processed through mentation, ideation, and imagination.
I find this to be connected.

Quote:It requires the conscious awareness of the spiritual nature of reality, if you will, and the corresponding pourings of this reality into the individual mind/body/spirit complex for healing to take place
I see here that intent does not create the ability, but rather being consciously aware of reality brings the ability. Anybody can have belief or intent. In fact everybody already has that. Very few are consciously aware. This is what creates the direct links to what we wish to connect to. Belief or intent just sends out a potential link of wandering energy. Knowing specifically where to place your link connects you without interference.

Conscious awareness

Adding sound to the workings obviously adds power to your intent, although lacking the proper awareness of what your tones mean or do will overlay your intent with vagueness.

As an experiment I would love it if you all would try a simple experiment of invoking "God" with intent while intoning the word "Satan" as your mantra. With full belief in the workings of intent, I would love to hear about your ability to neutralize the effects of intonations.BigSmile
It is sure going to be interesting to listen to this particular audio session. This far audio sessions 18 - 26 are available at L/L Research store. But it's coming! BigSmile
"As an experiment I would love it if you all would try a simple experiment of invoking "God" with intent while intoning the word "Satan" as your mantra. With full belief in the workings of intent, I would love to hear about your ability to neutralize the effects of intonations.Big Grin"

Hm, if Monkey was called out on him buying meat in the Meat Eating thread, this should be called out on as well. Pickle, you really are trolling sometimes. Not that I care, but if you believe that what you describe can be harmful to you, then you are just radiating your fear to the outside. If you believe that it can be harmful to anyone, then you, according to your own beliefs, are encouraging others to do things that might - still according to you - hurt them.

Is this really what you want to do?
Do you really suppose that I operate out of fear? I made a simple statement that would be a simple act of faith from the perspective of their paradigm. There should be no problem in it. Would I have a problem doing this when I do not believe in "satan" nor "god"? Are you saying there is some innate fear that can "create" even though your consciousness does not utilize fear?

You are simply saying that I have fear of something I do not believe in. That creates quite a bit of confusion within this topic LMAO!
Not sure if this exactly fits this topic, but I found it very interesting as it connects to "what is out there" as opposed to "it's all in my mind". This is a description connected to sacred geometry. If 5D is a source of sacred geometry, this may help understand how it affects us. I find this concept is used by us in magic as well.

Quote:67.13 Questioner: I was wondering about the magical, shall I say, principles used by the fifth-density entity giving this service and his ability to give it. Why is he able to utilize these particular physical distortions from the philosophical or magical point of view?

Ra: I am Ra. This entity is able to, shall we say, penetrate in time/space configuration the field of this particular entity. It has moved through the quarantine without any vehicle and thus has been more able to escape detection by the net of the Guardians.

This is the great virtue of the magical working whereby consciousness is sent forth essentially without vehicle as light. The light would work instantly upon an untuned individual by suggestion, that is the stepping out in front of the traffic because the suggestion is that there is no traffic. This entity, as each in this group, is enough disciplined in the ways of love and light that it is not suggestible to any great extent. However, there is a predisposition of the physical complex which this entity is making maximal use of as regards the instrument, hoping for instance, by means of increasing dizziness, to cause the instrument to fall or to indeed walk in front of your traffic because of impaired vision.

The magical principles, shall we say, may be loosely translated into your system of magic whereby symbols are used and traced and visualized in order to develop the power of the light.

So, power in visual, power in sound, ability all through conscious awareness.
May be easier for you to align the concept of geometry/light against the concept of sound/light?

Like, are you able to say that the visualization of a shape can be used in place of the known use of another shape?

To simplify, can I use a cube to do what a pyramid can do? This is what you guys are telling me. That intent and belief are what forms reality and that there are no rules of the system that we need abide by.
"To simplify, can I use a cube to do what a pyramid can do? This is what you guys are telling me"

There are many factors for this.
One: Personal preferences. If you have some built-in bias against something, you will not be able to use it well, even if it is a positive symbol. If you have been raised to belief that a Pentagram is a satanic symbol, and you encounter one while walking alone in the middle of a forest at a rainy afternoon, then yeah, it might "cause" fear, but the fear comes from within, and the cause is your belief system.
Two: Consensus reality CAN have an effect if one believes in consensus reality. Powerful mantras, for example, are considered powerful because many people in the "past" and the "present" have been using it so by using the tool, you are forming an unconscious connection to them. This, when signified, can increase the power of any tool in a very powerful way.
Three: I might have to call myself a Bashar-tool by now, but I do not care: Ultimately EVERYTHING is just a permission slip. You decide to use the symbol because it works for you, because it worked for those that guided you this way. Simple as that. Do not assume, however, that those tools will be superior to mispronounced mantras for others, because they might just not be : P

(And four: Three pyramids form a cube. So a cube contains all that is needed already. A cube already contains a sphere that exactly covers it and it also contains a sphere that is almost as big as the cube itself. Math and unity, huh? Tongue)

"That intent and belief are what forms reality and that there are no rules of the system that we need abide by. "

There are rules that we decided to abide by, to a certain extent. That extent varies to the individual's preferences and agreed contracts (be them incarnational or pre-incarnational). We decided to uphold that "laws", but we are not bound by them - that is what I believe.

This is not the first time when ceremonial magic philosophy meets a more spontaneous approach, but it is never this OR that. It is this AND that.
(06-12-2012, 01:32 PM)Oldern Wrote: [ -> ]"As an experiment I would love it if you all would try a simple experiment of invoking "God" with intent while intoning the word "Satan" as your mantra. With full belief in the workings of intent, I would love to hear about your ability to neutralize the effects of intonations.Big Grin"
It may not work for everyone... But this is actually done by a lot of satanists. And they experience similar levels of comfort to Christians invoking their God. To them Lucifer is a God who will accept them as they are. Not an evil God of judgment and rejection as the other guy turned out to be for them.

Take the pagan God Cernunnos, or Pan if you happen to follow that pantheon, he has been used as the archetypal image for the devil, hoofed and horned... He wasn't that devil originally. He was the god of the wilds. And is God to many even today who certainly don't experience him as evil..

Think about practicing voodoo or digging up your dead grandparents. It might give you the shivers but there are people in recognized religions who experience this as something that is right and loving.

Ask a right winged christian to intone Allah as a mantra 100 times. He'll probably be as sick afterwards as if he were invoking Satan instead...

Then think about eating flesh and drinking blood. Even if it's only symbolically. Yet this too is accepted practice in a loving religion.

Just goes to show that all religions are nutty. Or more accurate that the mind applies the meaning, events and things in the physical world do not have meaning on their own...

Plato was very big on that Wink

Pickle Wrote:To simplify, can I use a cube to do what a pyramid can do? This is what you guys are telling me. That intent and belief are what forms reality and that there are no rules of the system that we need abide by.

There are people who say that reality is the combined product of armies of programmers at war with each other. This is a good analogy for the principle of co-creators. Take gravity, it is a purely physical force and one would say it is not subject to our minds in any way. This is because millions of years our lineage our evolution of souls have used gravity in this way.. It still is a spiritual force that manifests in the physical reality. But it has become practically universal. And some people actually managed to escape it by applying their minds. I think the best way to phrase it as Pratchett did "Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off."

If you manage to see the physical world as a net result of these combined creators all pushing in similar directions. It's totally opposite to what we're taught in school, it's totally opposite to our gut feelings. But it is what the saints and seekers of practically every spiritual tradition teach us.
I have posted this before, but I think it fits.

Think of Guidelines. Guide Lines. Lines of light. Grid.

I know the grid is reality. As an individual I know that my intent or belief can influence the grid, but this is a grid that is already in place, that I chose to come down and maneuver within. It does not form itself around my belief. But I can become conscious and work within the guidelines to the extent we are allowed.

If you want to believe that you can change this reality with only belief, you may want to consider the 51% guideline as applying to all of humanity and not only the individual. The 100th monkey effect.

Quote:Most awakening Neo-Shamans are able to comprehend the existence of a Matrix, which is the world. You've even created a series of motion pictures to describe it. Of course, that description is only partial. There are many other things that could be known about the Matrix. And they will be known, within the proper time.

Think of your Matrix as a kind of Collective Consciousness or Mindset. Some refer to it as Consensus Reality. Only a few of you have caught on to the idea that each individual, who is now upon a transformational track, is a Matrix unto himself. He also forms his own Vortex, which is a swirling flow of energy that grabs hold of people or things in its path, highlights and copies their image (just like on a computer) and brings them in to become one with him. This is by contract, and cannot occur without mutual consent. Vortices can move clockwise, to pull people or objects in, or counter-clockwise, to project them out.

Each chakra in a human body is a Vortex, a communal force within which a number of divergent energies center themselves, and move, according to their agreed function within that body.

A Grid is a crisscross of lines and squares that are the foundational design template for 3D life. The lines represent statements of "fact," while the spaces represent a person's feelings or thoughts about that statement. The vertical lines suggest connection to God, Goddess, All That Is. It is the "as above, so below" element of the image. The horizontal lines suggest a connections to specific aspects of the Earth Plane (family, heritage, citizenship, etc).

Zachary

(06-11-2012, 04:24 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]the best psychic attacks are the ones you don't even realise have happened (sort of like poisoning your food).

EXACTLY because when you think you are fully responsible for the thoughts coming to you (of this nature) it has potential to get you down more effectively than if you can Identify another presence intruding.

What exactly is the banishing ritual? I'd like to learn it.
(06-12-2012, 10:16 AM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2012, 08:46 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Intent is only one aspect of actually performing magic, and without the others it is meaningless to intend.

I would actually disagree. "Magic", in my thoughts, is all movement of energy, especially produced through the intention of the consciousness. Even now we are all working "magic" through our bodies as we create this or that idea.

True, or pure magic, is done entirely with the Will or intention. No tools, no spells or chants needed. Only the imagination and the will, tempered by wisdom and love (hopefully).

Children are doing magic constantly as they play. Smile

Of course, when some people think of "performing magic" they tend to think of ceremonial or ritual styled magic.

Exactly, When I am experiencing the density I vibrate with most I just intend everything into existence...its second nature...I remember it as almost too easy.