Bring4th

Full Version: Difference between Astral Projection and Dreaming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started trying astral projection and was successful in that I was out of my body in a familiar version of my room but really it just felt like I was dreaming.

Disregarding my experience, do any of my brothers and sisters have an explanation on the difference betwixt the two?

Also what is really the difference between astral projection and lucid dreaming?

Much appreciated.

Astral projection, being synonymous with an out of body experience, is the conscious separation of the consciousness from the physical vehicle and its allowance of exploration of the various dimensional levels of the physical space of one's surroundings.

The separation of the consciousness from the physical vehicle occurs during the unconscious sleep state as well but the awareness is situated in the dreamscape and not in the familiar environment one's waking life occurs in.

Lucid dreaming is the act of becoming aware within a dream that one is dreaming. The degree of one's lucidity ranges but in states of fuller clarity where one's entire focus is present complete control over the dreamscape is resulted and literally anything becomes possible.
(06-13-2012, 05:07 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]Astral projection, being synonymous with an out of body experience, is the conscious separation of the consciousness from the physical vehicle and its allowance of exploration of the various dimensional levels of the physical space of one's surroundings.

The separation of the consciousness from the physical vehicle occurs during the unconscious sleep state as well but the awareness is situated in the dreamscape and not in the familiar environment one's waking life occurs in.

Lucid dreaming is the act of becoming aware within a dream that one is dreaming. The degree of one's lucidity ranges but in states of fuller clarity where one's entire focus is present complete control over the dreamscape is resulted and literally anything becomes possible.

Thank you brother and do you have experiences regarding either Lucid Dreaming or Astral Projection?
(06-13-2012, 04:14 PM)LsavedSmeD Wrote: [ -> ]I recently started trying astral projection and was successful in that I was out of my body in a familiar version of my room but really it just felt like I was dreaming.

Disregarding my experience, do any of my brothers and sisters have an explanation on the difference betwixt the two?

I personally think the term "astral projection" is misguiding (in that it implies something stellar; that is, pertaining to the stars).

That being said, here's my answer to your question: prior to consciously experiencing what is called astral projection/vision, I didn't know what it was. I read about it, heard about it, but until I had my first experience I could have no idea what it was. There are many things that can positively "warp" one's own paradigm about reality. Astral projection was one of those things to me. Once you achieve it, you will clearly, absolutely know it's not just another dream: you are consciously aware that you are not "in" your body, specially if you look at yourself sleeping in bed; and that you are "awake" and "outside" your body, in a very literal way.

As for dreams, as the term is generally understood, they are generally a sort of "residual image" resulting from what actually occurs in 3rd density time/space: due to the "veil" the mind was separated into the so-called conscious and sub-conscious, and dreams were one of the things that resulted out of it.

For one who has become more "awake" about reality in general, dreams take a whole different meaning, and they begin to become more real as the entity begins to partake more consciously of the time/space (metaphysical) aspects of reality.

Were you to ask me what's the difference between dream and reality, I would answer: NONE.

Certainly, I can tell the difference between space/time and time/space, but all of reality is simply a hollographic light illusion, regardless.

i just had a lucid dream but my pineal is prolly clogged. i couldn't see very well. i saw myself in the mirror and i had alabaster skin and red hair, and i think jeans on, and i was like omg! i have alabaster skin and then i went lucid and tried to change stuff but my visuality was weak and i couldn't control it well, then i forgot again and went with the stream. but when i saw my skin it was pretty clear, i could see it was clammy and white, way too pale.

i also was zooming in on some kind of card that had text and the numbers kept changing and i was like oh this is so annoying i'm just making it up so i can't see it properly. the numbers were changing fast, i saw a 1 and then it turned into a 3 like on an alarm clock, groundhog style... they just kept going and the letters went wonky and i couldn't read it. i have had stable letters before though.

i think when you're astral projecting you can visit dreams, or you can look at the real world. when DW talks about his travels he said he visited other people, i think he visited dreaming people. but i'm not sure. if he had visited awake people they wouldn't have seen him.

i once had a weird experience, i dozed off on the bed and suddenly found myself walking in the house, it didn't seem like a real dream because the house was exactly as it is. there was no funny business. the lighting was darker than in my dreams. and i could feel the floor under my feet. it was cold and hard. i had no socks on. also i felt like i was then pulled back into my body and instantly snapped into my body and was awake. but it didn't feel like i woke up, it felt like i just returned to the body.

Meerie

Robert Monroe mentions that when he astral travelled the people sometimes could indeed see or sense him...
he later verified it, like when he had visited a friend and told him what he had seen, and found it it had indeed happened at that time, and the friend would also confirm that he was aware of his apparition.
I had another OOBE last night. This one was spontaneous. I could hear that roar in my ears that lets me know I'm in that state where it was possible, and suddenly my astral body was sucked out of my physical body feet-first (never happened like that before!). With a great WHOOSH, in a fraction of a second I traveled 500 miles east, and found myself along Solomons Island Road in Maryland, heading northward (still feetfirst!) in the direction of Annapolis (I used to live along this road, so I recognized at once where I was). I was about 30 feet above the road, moving pretty rapidly....probably close to 300 mph. The sensation was not unpleasant, however, so I just decided to see where this would take me. After traveling a number of miles up the road, I got to an area where the beech and yellow-poplar trees along the road grew out over the road, and I was traveling through the ends of the branches. This produced a slight whipping sensation on the soles of my astral feet, which I found unpleasant, so I decided to return to my body...and instantly I was back.

At this moment I wasn't fully settled into my body; I could feel my astral feet and forelegs still out, and thought I'd try to go out fully again. However I couldn't manage it, and instead settled in completely. I then went to sleep and immediately into a dream, which unfortunately I can't remember now.

Shin'Ar

If you really want to understand astral projection you should try reading the Emerald tablets.

Thoth is the Master of such.

I cannot elaborate on this better than what Godwide has done, nor that which Thoth can explain.

My experiences have been in places that I cannot explain nor define.
(06-19-2012, 08:27 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Robert Monroe mentions that when he astral travelled the people sometimes could indeed see or sense him...
he later verified it, like when he had visited a friend and told him what he had seen, and found it it had indeed happened at that time, and the friend would also confirm that he was aware of his apparition.

that confirms my need for clothes!
Shin'ar. these emerald tablets are really hard to read. are we supposed to understand them?

Shin'Ar

(06-19-2012, 09:46 AM)Oceania Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2012, 08:27 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]Robert Monroe mentions that when he astral travelled the people sometimes could indeed see or sense him...

that confirms my need for clothes!
Shin'ar. these emerald tablets are really hard to read. are we supposed to understand them?

no Oceania,

The Tablets are designed with a vibration which can only be comprehended by certain fields.

Its coincidental though that you speak of clothes.

I heard a discussion today that asked about the basic needs for survival.

Most would suggest food clothing and shelter. But this was a question asked with regard to the compassionate treatment of animals.

The list became food, shelter, exercise, love and healthcare.

The only difference between the animal and the human with regard to the basic needs of survival was clothing, lol.
(06-19-2012, 06:36 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]I heard a discussion today that asked about the basic needs for survival.

Most would suggest food clothing and shelter. But this was a question asked with regard to the compassionate treatment of animals.

The list became food, shelter, exercise, love and healthcare.

The only difference between the animal and the human with regard to the basic needs of survival was clothing, lol.

Well said. Love is the most important of all these, and the most neglected. :-/
lol clothing is important for the ego. but if i could grow a furcoat that'd work too. Smile
what are these fields that get the emerald tablets?