Bring4th

Full Version: Birds flying south in June normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So for the past 2-5 days, I have found myself staring up at the sky in the mid-late afternoon after I get off work. What I can't help but notice is a near constant stream of birds flying south. I don't know what type of bird besides describing then as a light-brownish looking dove. But I can't go more than 60 seconds without seeing flocks of birds(not always the brown doves) all headed south. I don't know much about birds so maybe it's nothing.
I saw that too up here.
what part of the world are you in?
Arizona
wow odd. why would they be going south? it's winter in the south.
Arizona is in the midst of a multi-year drought, so the birds might be migrating just to find food. Unfortunately the drought is even worse in most of Mexico, so you may see those birds coming back, if they live that long.
lets hope they find food!
(06-15-2012, 12:28 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Arizona is in the midst of a multi-year drought, so the birds might be migrating just to find food. Unfortunately the drought is even worse in most of Mexico, so you may see those birds coming back, if they live that long.

These birds don't appear to be native to Arizona. At least I have never seen them hanging out like some other birds do hang out huge chunks of the year. They're just flying South; they were still going strong today.
And they are STILL heading south, every day since I created this thread. I wonder after reading Pickle's thread about the USDA displacing / killing millions of animals (birds mostly) if this is the cause for them all flying south in June...
The magnetic grid of the planet is changing. Birds have been getting lost for years now. So have other animals. Heck, even people appear to get lost as if they suddenly do not recognize a spot they drive by every day. (I have only pulled that off on LSD).