Bring4th

Full Version: Life On Planet Earth, Our Most Recent Story..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zachary

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v441/zackw419/Lookout/?albumview=slideshow

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v441/zackw419/Young%20Costa%20Rica/

I tried to get the videos and slideshow embed but I just cant seem to figure it out, so I figured regular old links will work. If an admin can do this for me later on I think it would look alot cooler Smile

These are pics and videos from the Costa Rica trip I am currently putting to an end...ive been here for almost 9 months I think...and plan on heading back to the states to kind of re group in july. I definently have plans of coming back...I just dont know when that will be.

Enjoy.
So much beauty and tranquil elegance, you're definitely very lucky to be surrounded by such surreal scenery 24/7. Do you feel more invigorated and enlivened by being in that natural environment so long?

Zachary

(06-14-2012, 11:10 PM)godwide_void Wrote: [ -> ]So much beauty and tranquil elegance, you're definitely very lucky to be surrounded by such surreal scenery 24/7. Do you feel more invigorated and enlivened by being in that natural environment so long?

Its kind of been back and forth, not all my time has been spent out in near virgin rainforest like you see in some of those pics..I was out there for about 2 months...ended up in town for a month from town I volunteered on an organic farm which was really nice because it wasnt the typical farm that might come to mind, there was forest and trees all around the crops...from there I find myself working indoors to support myself...the house im renting is in a good spot just outside of town but I still feel like Id prefer to be out where I was when I originally came down here.

Its been a bumpier ride then one might expect but the things Im taking away from the trip that stick out in my mind right now is that I feel less bound by the days, months year and I find myself seeing life as flowing and continuous as apposed to thinking of each day as completley seperate. Ive also become alot less self concious and I find myself not caring as much how others percieve me. Alot of physical problems have manifested since Ive been here and it has been challenging but I guess in ways..cleansing as well, im sure they are manifesting to be transmuted. I do feel as though I got a bit distracted from my original goal which was to spend most of my time deep in the rainforest so when I do decide to come back I will make sure I am able to do just that.

Overall it has been a HUGE learning experience and I am greatful Smile

spending time out in the forest really reminds you of what life is about, and also how much humanity has turned away from what I beleive is our true nature.

Shin'Ar

We tend to become apathetic toward our daily environments taking for granted the beauty that surrounds us.

This results in people who live in tropical places not really appreciating the jungle glory, and the environments that might intrigue them would be places that do not have the jungle landscapes they are so used to.

Those who live surrounded by sand and desert would love to live in the jungle, and those who live in a jungle might like to experience life in a drier climate.

We all can find beauty in our own homelands. It is found everywhere across the planet in so many different ecosystems. What makes it special to one is the intimate details and the intricate interactions that one has with it. And these things can be had in the most isolated and seemingly barren of places.

As a child I used to get right into the little pools that the small stream in my neighborhood had. getting right in there allowed me to find things that I would never have known even existed. Pollywogs with only two rear legs. Waterskippers that barely made a ripple on the surface of the water. You have to roll over the rocks to and logs to find the salamanders.

Point is that the greater beauty is not always the view from everyone's POV. Its found in the individual attraction and curiosity.

Now that Zack has experienced the tropical theme, and the poorer city realm, he might now be excited about once again experiencing the big city life.

Of course, some might now think me just a load of hogwash.

Zachary

I understand and I am not taking any of this for granite. Im not necessarily looking forward to going back to city but im doing it so I can make money and do something with my life. I love it here, but work isn't stable and you cant count on long term work really unless you have a work visa...which I dont.

I am looking forward to being with family and speaking mostly english though. Tongue

Just so you all know, for anyone interested...this is a very doable trip to make. There are plenty of lodges who would like volunteer help in exchange for a room and meals...there are also numerous intentional communities very open to accepting volunteers. You could realistically make this trip without spending too much money, you just have to be disciplined once you get here.

Ive also realized those who are certified yoga teachers and or massage therapists are pretty much garunteed a good time..many many lodges are looking for yoga instructors and massage therapists constantly and are happy to pay you for your work along with giving you free room and board, meals included.

Awesome pics! thanks for sharing!
What's the story w/ the dog? did you rescue her?

Shin'Ar

Zack I hope you didn't interpret my use of 'taking for granted' as derogatory.

I did not mean it in such a way.

For example, i live on the ocean coast. My street follows the coastline and the views are of the ocean and the mouth of the harbor and the islands that sit there.

Tourists come from all around the world to see what I see every day. We walk our dogs up and down this road and really don't appreciate the view the way the visitors do.

Challenging one's self to never become apathetic to such things is difficult.

This is what I meant by taking for granted.

Zachary

(06-18-2012, 12:23 PM)Daydreamin Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome pics! thanks for sharing!
What's the story w/ the dog? did you rescue her?

Happy to...

I did rescue her actually, it was in the states though...she has been my companion and I think shes had a pretty damn good life for a dog so far. Im at work right now, and she┬┤s actually chillin right behind me, thanks to a cool boss.
(06-19-2012, 08:46 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Zack I hope you didn't interpret my use of 'taking for granted' as derogatory.

I did not mean it in such a way.

For example, i live on the ocean coast. My street follows the coastline and the views are of the ocean and the mouth of the harbor and the islands that sit there.

Tourists come from all around the world to see what I see every day. We walk our dogs up and down this road and really don't appreciate the view the way the visitors do.

Challenging one's self to never become apathetic to such things is difficult.

This is what I meant by taking for granted.
Totally, and it definently got me thinking and reminded me to make the most of the rest of my stay here and not slip into an ungreatful mindset, so thank you. I think once im back in the states it will really hit me, and il miss this place alot..but you gotta go with the gut, know what im saying? its just feeling like a right time to head back.

Shin'Ar

(06-20-2012, 08:18 PM)zackw419 Wrote: [ -> ]Totally, and it definently got me thinking and reminded me to make the most of the rest of my stay here and not slip into an ungreatful mindset, so thank you. I think once im back in the states it will really hit me, and il miss this place alot..but you gotta go with the gut, know what im saying? its just feeling like a right time to head back.

Than I wish you Godspeed on your way!