Bring4th

Full Version: A Friendly Conversation: Exploring Omnivorous vs. Vegetarian Diet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have just accepted that my consumption methods are a constant work in progress. I have some leather things that I've slowly given away to others that I wouldn't use (purses, shoes). I really try to avoid anything now that has anything from an animal. But sometimes you will forget, or sometimes you will be tricked. There are lots of products that are unethical for any variety of reasons. I just try to make better choices whenever I become aware of them.
Lately eating any kind of meat makes me nauseas.. considering on moving to fish only, It's a step, I guess..
No posts here for a while, but since the thread is still open it seems acceptable for me to add to the conversation.

I can see how consumption of meat -- and to some, even animal products in general -- seems contradictory to a positive path of seeking. I feel that the 4th density vibrations of universal love could certainly discourage consumption of meat; however, I feel that meat consumption can be allowable, and even potentially encouraged, for one whose love has some balance with wisdom. If a person cannot reconcile their positive path with one that includes death of other animals for one's own nourishment, then that person may do well to avoid consumption of meat; however, there are those whose polarity does not suffer through this practice, and it may not be due to those individuals' polarities being weaker than those of vegetarians and/or vegans.
Does anyone know of a vegetarian alternative to bacon (not soy-based)
I heard there exist tempeh versions with lupine, has anyone tried those?
I need that umami - salty flavor for a recipe that would normally contain bacon.
(01-30-2021, 02:29 PM)Margan Wrote: [ -> ]I heard there exist tempeh versions with lupine, has anyone tried those?
I need that umami - salty flavor for a recipe that would normally contain bacon.

I have tried the tempeh bacon. It's awesome. I think I got it at Sprouts. I didn't use it right out of the package, but sautéed it a bit to make it a little crispy. 
but is that tempeh you mentioned with lupine protein? I don't tolerate soy products well thats why I asked about alternatives.
(01-30-2021, 04:34 PM)Margan Wrote: [ -> ]but is that tempeh you mentioned with lupine protein? I don't tolerate soy products well thats why I asked about alternatives.

Actually, I'm not sure of what I tried but it was likely a typical tempeh/soy product. I have had products made with peas (lupine is related?). 

You might be interested in Quorn products, which are made with mycoprotein. And if you aren't gluten intolerant, there are many great products made with seitan.
(01-30-2021, 05:45 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]You might be interested in Quorn products, which are made with mycoprotein. And if you aren't gluten intolerant, there are many great products made with seitan.

I love Quorn products, we also get them here in Australia. Mycoprotein is made with mushrooms I believe. I just love mushrooms in general, and use them a lot to get that tasty umami flavour.
seitan I believe is wheat? I am not so wheat-tolerant either  :-/
Lupines are great! I first encountered them in Portugal, the natives eat them as a snack, just like that. This is what they look like
[attachment=1831]

you just flip the seeds out of their shell and yum ! very fresh and tasty. And loads of protein.
There is also lupine milk, but I did not like that so much. I prefer rice milk or oats milk. With vanilla flavor, yum!
Thanks for your suggestions anyway, ladies! I think I will ask the staff at my organic store.
Oh lupinis! I love them too. My family is from Portugal, so I grew up on them. BigSmile
(01-30-2021, 02:29 PM)Margan Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know of a vegetarian alternative to bacon (not soy-based)
I heard there exist tempeh versions with lupine, has anyone tried those?

https://newshop.seamorefood.com/i-sea-bacon/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8