Bring4th

Full Version: A little 1D help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hunting down good information on crystals.
That is, I've found no good information on crystals and I figured I could save a couple of years by forum seeking.
Whether its in a thread, a lecture, a book, your head - I'd like to read/hear/watch it. Lay it on me, please.

You see, this summer I've been helping my Dad with his geology shop. Now, he's a geologist, not at all into non-geological approaches to crystals but customers want to know (more and more and more) about the metaphysical properties of the crystals.
I'm stuck here. Ra alludes to a great amount of information on crystals, which suggests specific things for specific crystals and a likely necessity for rigor, right?

But most of what I've read in books and the web makes me squirm for some reason. It sounds made up, not intuitive as the authors suggest. There's nothing there that you wouldn't expect. My intuition, ironically, tells me most of what I've read so far is hooey - the specific claims, that is - like azurite soothes tendonitis or moonstone strengthens tooth enamel or danburite repels mosquitoes.
I've never heard or read any of these claims but I may as well have.

Where is the good information on crystals?
So far, the information is from someone who either doesn't care at all for reason or who only cares for reason. Blech.

Please help me find the gems on this topic buried in the forum and elsewhere.

Pun. Thanks.

Thanks!
Hmm, well the obvious answer would be Judy Hall's "Crystal Bible" 1 and 2. But not sure how accurate that might be. I'm sure Ahktu would know! > v<

Unbound

Yeah, Ahktu would be good to ask, or perhaps Pickle.

I think most who are open intuitively actually ask the crystals themselves what they do, as even within one crystal family there is uniqueness to each individual.
I have a ton of books on the subject, yet never read any. I mainly ask my guides what would work best for my needs, depending on what i am doing.

Most of my work involves modifying what they do anyways lol!

I used to work and play around with quartz and for a short time I even created some orgonite devices and whatnot. Well, to make a long story short, I experienced mixed results with my creations even after much reading on what to do right....I felt that it is simply a form of technology that needs much refinement, so I left it all alone, even stopped bothering with crystals by themselves.

Well at this point in time, I feel I may buy a single quartz crystal and seek to know IT, instead of what I feel I SHOULD do with it. Asking one's personal guides from the higher realms to help with activities or meditations with crystals is probably the safest and easiest way to go about it.
Quote:Fluorite, Arsenopyrite and Quartz

Yaogangxian Mine, Bai Shi Du, Chen Xhou, Yizhang County, Hunan Prov., China

[Image: tumblr_m7s3ol2od61ruguhdo1_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_m7s3ol2od61ruguhdo2_500.jpg][Image: tumblr_m7s3ol2od61ruguhdo3_500.jpg]

sometimes we forget where crystals come from; they are like a living life form.

more here: http://www.geologicdesires.com/Chinese%2...o%2050.htm
I found all internet/book sources to be highly fallible aswell, so i bought 1+ of most types to see if there was any truth behind what i had read.

In 95% of the cases i found that you can know ALL of its effects soley by analyzing the information recieved from your physical sight (color, size and such)...
aslong as you know which colors represent which bodily/brain areas and what they are then associated with (still tricky tho.. because this information on the web is equaly flawed as that of crystals).

my signature may be of aid if ur good at helping yourself, i'm too tired to explain all the energies right now.
Thanks for the replies, everyone, sorry for my absence.

Seed, I have Hall's Bible, didn't know there was a second. I also have Simmon's 'Book of Stones'. And thanks for the Ahktu tip.

TheEternal, herein lies the gap between physics and metaphysics. I'll be keen to remember your point, thank you.

Pickle, I will ask my guides, that may not have really crossed my mind. I'm curious to the titles of your books, if you don't mind me asking.

Turtle, I feel the same - one quartz crystal should be enough, I usually carry the same one from Arkansas with me everywhere.

Plenum, are those your photos? That fella is exquisite. I wonder what it would look like under a long-wave fluorescent light?

Liet, thanks for tipping me to your signature chart, its a great help.

I've been researching ever since the original post and will be doing much more going forward - comparing all intuitive authors against each other, scouring the lore and history of crystals, studying the vedic scriptures, searching for anecdotes and looking for connections with modern chemistry and physics and mainstream geological understanding.
So the invitation is still open - any leads on crystal info sent my way will find a grateful home.
(08-27-2012, 10:13 PM)Jerome Wrote: [ -> ]Plenum, are those your photos? That fella is exquisite. I wonder what it would look like under a long-wave fluorescent light?

no, not my sample. I've developed quite a fetish for exquisite crystal samples, and have been tagging along with sites that crystal collectors use. We are talking about prices $20k and up!!! The absolute and finest in cystallisations. This is one of my fav sites now:

http://www.irocks.com/vault.html?page=4

Quote:I've been researching ever since the original post and will be doing much more going forward - comparing all intuitive authors against each other, scouring the lore and history of crystals, studying the vedic scriptures, searching for anecdotes and looking for connections with modern chemistry and physics and mainstream geological understanding.
So the invitation is still open - any leads on crystal info sent my way will find a grateful home.

I hope you post your personal findings!

I leave you with this tidbit from Tesla, who should know lol.

[Image: gMSr5.jpg]

blessings