Bring4th

Full Version: incentive based spirituality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was thinking last night at work, what would it be like if the creator changed the rules and we lived in a reality that had incentives for being nice. what do i mean ?

well lets say if u were nice and considerate to others for a week u earned the right to be able to fly for 24 hrs. so u just earned 24 hrs of flight time lol. or lets say the incentive was be nice for a week and u will grow 6 months younger lol. i think it would change the face of the planet; there would be a very concrete incentive to treat your fellow man and the planet better lol.

just a thought but i think the possibilities are endless.

just to be clear when i speak of flying i am talking about u being able to fly yourself like a bird not taking a plane. it would change the concept of frequent flyer miles totally

Brittany

Wouldn't that sort of eradicate free will? You can chain someone with sweets as easily as steel. It's the base concept behind most organized religions- get people to follow a certain code of behavior with the incentive of heaven dampening any objections they may have to the rules offered them (and the threat of hell for those who still aren't content). It is the same thing as saying everyone who behaved in a mean or self-serving manner would be denied or punished. And who gets to write the rules- who gets to decide which behaviors constitute "good" behaviors worthy of such privileges? Who gets to be the king sitting on top of the mountain? It sounds like a pathway to the immensely flawed judicial system we have now.

It's one thing for humans to, through free will, establish their on systems of rules and hierarchy (though many insist it is God that delivered the rules), but for a Logos-level consciousness to interfere so dramatically in the development of its creations seems to me a lot like what we had before the veil, where everyone naturally behaved in one way without question because they didn't know anything else, and everyone was happy and everything was completely stagnant.

I, personally, think it is much more conducive to a learning atmosphere to let the "rewards" remain the ability to see the product of one's actions- the manifestations of the desires. If you open the gateway wide enough, you CAN choose to fly, or teleport, or remain the same "age" indefinitely. Anything you can think of is within the realm of capability...but you have to work for it to get it. You have to discover what is "right" and "wrong" for yourself, and follow your heart with conviction. And, surprise surprise, those of either polarity can access this opening. Both can achieve the purity of desire to progress.

Not to mention we already have karma- a more subtle way of "keeping the self on track". What you do, good or ill, will always come back to you in one form or another, until you acknowledge the lesson that is being offered. Is learning to break the karmic chain and achieve true freedom not the greatest incentive of all?

Just my thoughts on the matter, of course. I just woke up...this is my official discourse of the day. :p
I think there are already incentives in place for being nice.

As ahktu said, "What you do, good or ill, will always come back to you in one form or another . . ."
(06-27-2012, 09:26 AM)norral Wrote: [ -> ]i was thinking last night at work, what would it be like if the creator changed the rules and we lived in a reality that had incentives for being nice. what do i mean ?

truth be told, peace of mind is the greatest gift of being on the positive path. I've chased after many things in this world, but only spirituality has given me that sense of ease and balance that I was really looking for.

that, to me, is the greatest incentive to keep polarising and doing this work.

no more nightmares, no more angst: just the joy of connecting with the Creator.

Smile
what everyone says is true. i am looking at it from the aspect of a new and totally different paradigm. i am SO SO tired of seeing people suffer, of suffering , of seeing the human race being the play thing of fallen angels, evil aliens and whatever else piece of garbage is controlling us, this would be a way for people to become sovereign without some evil jerk having any control over them. be nice do good receive an enhanced power that no one , no external force could stop. personally i dont like this creation and the enslavement of the human race. i know absolutely that i am a beautiful sovereign being regardless of whatever defect i might have in my body mind or spirit. and i view others like that . i SO SO want the control system to end. dick cheny is not my master he is an absolute piece of garbage who has a lot of power because of his evil ways. evil rules on this planet and i am tired of it. it is time for the good guys to rule . just my thoughts.