Bring4th

Full Version: frequency of eatings (how often do you feed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a little story to relate.

something quite interesting has happened to my Eating Patterns in the last 4-6 weeks. Basically, I only eat ONCE A DAY now. This was not by design, but happened of its own accord.

now, that one meal (usually in the mornings, around 8am), is pretty large Smile think of a large lunchbox, full up with food. And I finish it off with a small serving of ice-cream and yoghurt.

there was a stage when I was attending university when I tried making it on two meals a day, one before I went in to classes, and another when I came home at nights. But I did that for budgetary reasons at the time. But that was a deliberate choice back then.

my dietary habits and methods have fluctuated greatly since I left high school over 18 years ago. I have experimented a lot with various foods and cooking styles.

but this recent change has struck me with its self-generated nature. Almost like when I started meditating spontaneously about 3 years ago.

it is definitely not uncomfortable eating just the once a day; in fact, I find it quite convenient. I haven't noticed any ill-effects on my physique (no weight loss, sleep is quite sound).

obviously, I am NOT recommending this to anyone lol.

Yes my eating frequency has been altered a lot. I eat twice a day now, instead of pretty much continually before. Smile

Once a day is pretty good. That's intermittent fasting.

Unbound

We seek within.
(06-29-2012, 02:09 PM)TheEternal Wrote: [ -> ]I have only eaten once a day (or less sometimes) quite frequently for years. Actually, I don't eat a lot in general, and seem to be fairly capable of going without. When I am fully awake (and haven't smoked pot), I find I don't even get hungry and I have near endless energy. Of course, this didn't work well when I was so full of blockages that the release of my energies wreaked havoc, but now that I have healed a lot I don't need to suppress myself so much anymore.

wow, thanks for sharing Eternal. Nice to know my experience isn't totally freakish.

Yep, energy levels are up, and even when the stomach lets me know it needs a feed, it isn't in a painful or insistent way. Just sort of "letting you know" that it's time for a meal, not hunger pangs.

(06-29-2012, 02:04 PM)Patrick Wrote: [ -> ]Yes my eating frequency has been altered a lot. I eat twice a day now, instead of pretty much continually before. Smile

Once a day is pretty good. That's intermittent fasting.

I used to eat very frequently as well; fast metabolism and all.

why I still prefer the heavier, denser foods, protein rich. BigSmile

Zachary

I eat more a day than I usually intend to originally. I used to box and be alot more active than I am now since I've had a physical challenge manifest in my life...so Im used to quick digestion and frequent eating-also, I am realizing I have a strong emotional attachment with food which is now manifesting in my life to be corrected. I am prone to over eating and it is not beneficial for my body or my wallet in the long run.

On an average medium energy day I can eat once a day and be fine physically, I used to NOT be like this....

my challenge is, like mentioned before, the emotional attachment I seem to have with food...which is what is tempting me to eat more than necessary to be balanced.
(07-02-2012, 11:52 PM)Zachary Wrote: [ -> ]my challenge is, like mentioned before, the emotional attachment I seem to have with food...which is what is tempting me to eat more than necessary to be balanced.

I used to use sugar to give myself temporary boosts in mental focus and energy, especially when I used to immerse myself in books for 6-7 hours a day. This stuff always rebounded (consequent sugar lows, low self-esteem etc) but I used it like a drug for years and years.

Zachary

(07-03-2012, 08:35 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2012, 11:52 PM)Zachary Wrote: [ -> ]my challenge is, like mentioned before, the emotional attachment I seem to have with food...which is what is tempting me to eat more than necessary to be balanced.

I used to use sugar to give myself temporary boosts in mental focus and energy, especially when I used to immerse myself in books for 6-7 hours a day. This stuff always rebounded (consequent sugar lows, low self-esteem etc) but I used it like a drug for years and years.

I happen to be addicted to oatmeal, at the moment.

Atleast its a healthy food, right?

Oatmeal is great. Smile
I love the steel cut oats that you leave in a crock pot overnight. They just taste better than the instant.

I still eat 3X a day. Sometimes 2.

Sometimes my breakfast is the drink called Opti Meal. Sort of like SlimFast but not for losing weight. More a meal replacement. Even with this I still sometimes will eat a solid breakfast.
8 to 10 weeks in, still going strong.

don't know WHERE this change came from.

amazing.