Bring4th

Full Version: Mysterious 60m Baltic Sea Object Raises More Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
6/20 Mysterious Baltic Sea Object Raises More Questions [Stefan Hogerborn, Professional Diver]:
"Why isn't anything working, anything electric out there and the satellite phone as well stopped working when we were above the object and then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again and when we got back over the object it didn't work so that's kind of strange as well."
It looked shiny from the undersea pics they had. I wonder if it's a UFO.
(06-30-2012, 08:38 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It looked shiny from the undersea pics they had. I wonder if it's a UFO.
What picture are you talking about? It looks like it's covered in sediment like the rest of the sea floor? It's not flying so, how can it be a UFO? One of the crew that has examined it said it looked like a several thousand ton structure of some kind. They are going down again this week, so we may find out.
The one at 16 seconds into it looks shiny.
I don't know what it is.
(07-01-2012, 11:24 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]The one at 16 seconds into it looks shiny.
I don't know what it is.
It's a side being artificially illuminated, as it's located 80m underwater.

It's been examined for two full weeks already and it's definitely not made of metal. It's 200 feet in diameter and being held off the sea floor by a 26 foot pillar. They want to take wealthy tourists down to visit it, so it's in their best interest to not provide a mundane explanation. But how far will they go to away from science and towards scam?
They've already been milking the publicity as much as they can.

Soon after the expedition started, the team posted something along the lines of "We're getting word from the dive team that something incredible is down there....definitely a secret hidden in the sea!" and then "Everything is top secret now."

From what I understand, the people doing the dives are a "treasure hunting" crew, it makes sense that they would try as hard as they can to make a profit off of this. Unfortunately for the masses, this means that it isn't really in their best interest to be transparent and candid about their discoveries. Anything this team says, including what the man in the OP video says ("Well we have experienced...things...that I really couldn't imagine, because I have been the team's biggest skeptic....") should probably be taken with a grain of salt, understanding that it is likely orchestrated to garner as much interest as possible despite what they really find down there. I wouldn't be surprised if this was used to kick off some sort of reality television show.
Looks like they are making false statement now, so probably nothing unusual.
"A feature on the floor of the Baltic Sea that was discovered last summer by Swedish treasure hunters is making headlines once again. The latest media coverage draws upon an hour-long radio interview with Peter Lindberg, head of the Ocean X Team (which made the "discovery"), in which Lindberg delivers a string of cryptic and titillating statements about the "strange" and "mysterious" seafloor object his team has been exploring for a year."
http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-baltic-...45865.html
(09-01-2012, 08:28 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]"A feature on the floor of the Baltic Sea that was discovered last summer by Swedish treasure hunters is making headlines once again. The latest media coverage draws upon an hour-long radio interview with Peter Lindberg, head of the Ocean X Team (which made the "discovery"), in which Lindberg delivers a string of cryptic and titillating statements about the "strange" and "mysterious" seafloor object his team has been exploring for a year."
http://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-baltic-...45865.html

That's a great illustration in that article. But why not a photo ?
Why not? Consider its scale. It's a rather large object 80M below the ocean, so it can only be photographed one illuminated section at a time. The illustration and others was pure fantasy, fueling much of the "UFO" nonsense.

The 'best' pictures so far are of a somewhat rounded section and some rocks:
[Image: si-uso-300.jpg]
[Image: rocks-baltic-sea.jpg]