Bring4th

Full Version: VI. THE HIGHER SELF IS ALSO CALLED THE MAGICAL PERSONALITY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
found this here: http://www.spiritofra.com/Ra-section%201.htm

Quote:RA: When the magical personality is properly invoked the self has invoked its Higher Self. Thus a bridge between space/time and time/space is made and the 6th density magical personality experiences directly the 3rd density catalyst for the duration of the working. It is most central to deliberately take off the magical personality after the working in order that the Higher Self may resume its appropriate function as your Higher Self operating in many realms, not just in the 3rd density. (B3, 192)
QUESTION: The 3 aspects of the magical personality are stated to be power, love and wisdom. Are these its only primary aspects? (B3, 192)
RA: The magical personality is a being of unity, a being of 6th density, and the equivalent of what you call your Higher Self and at the same time is a personality enormously rich in variety of experience and subtlety of emotion. (B3, 192)

and more quotes here: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=m...0&ss=1&o=s

this one here about Invocations and Evocations is still confusing to me.

Quote:73.7 The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator. Again, all invocations and evocations are drawn through the violet energy center. This may then be continued towards whatever energy centers are desired to be used.
The Higher (or Inner or Future) Self is directly related to the faculity of will/faith, and by defect, that which is considered as of a "magic(k)al" nature. This is due to the indigo-ray vibratory spectrum being the density of "form-making" (in other words: (re)organization, (re)configuration, (re)arrangement, (re)formation and other such alchemical architectural manipulations and transfigurations of the illusory material known as light). Hence, it is analogous with intelligent energy, and the Logos.

Shin'Ar

(07-03-2012, 08:23 AM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]The Higher (or Inner or Future) Self is directly related to the faculity of will/faith, and by defect, that which is considered as of a "magic(k)al" nature. This is due to the indigo-ray vibratory spectra being the density of "form-making" (in other words: (re)organization, (re)configuration, (re)arrangement, (re)formation and other such alchemical architectural manipulations and transfigurations of the illusory material known as light). Hence, it is analogous with intelligent energy, and the Logos.

Siren what do you mean when you say the higher self is analogous with Intelligent Energy and the Logos?

In my thinking, it sounds like you are suggesting that the higher self is invoked by one's faith or belief that it exists in their future. And that correlates with the energies involved in creating what we choose to believe will exist.

correct me if I misread you. If that is what you are saying than I would have to argue that to a certain degree.

The Higher Self already exists. It's not just our potential future Self. There is no time. Smile

Shin'Ar

(07-02-2012, 09:56 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]found this here: http://www.spiritofra.com/Ra-section%201.htm

Quote:RA: When the magical personality is properly invoked the self has invoked its Higher Self. Thus a bridge between space/time and time/space is made and the 6th density magical personality experiences directly the 3rd density catalyst for the duration of the working. It is most central to deliberately take off the magical personality after the working in order that the Higher Self may resume its appropriate function as your Higher Self operating in many realms, not just in the 3rd density. (B3, 192)
QUESTION: The 3 aspects of the magical personality are stated to be power, love and wisdom. Are these its only primary aspects? (B3, 192)
RA: The magical personality is a being of unity, a being of 6th density, and the equivalent of what you call your Higher Self and at the same time is a personality enormously rich in variety of experience and subtlety of emotion. (B3, 192)

and more quotes here: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?q=m...0&ss=1&o=s

this one here about Invocations and Evocations is still confusing to me.

Quote:73.7 The second station is the evocation of the great cross of life. This is an extension of the magical personality to become the Creator. Again, all invocations and evocations are drawn through the violet energy center. This may then be continued towards whatever energy centers are desired to be used.

I have considered what Ra has to say in thisn regard and the quotes which I have read from that site have confirmed that which I have already suspected fro some time now.

Ra is not always passing on accurate information. This is their opinion on a matter no different than you or I having an opinion on a matter. And in this case Ra would not be accurate in its speculation about the Higher Self.

Ra is suggesting on one hand that the Higher Self is actually just the result of the many possible outcomes that our consciousness might have in the future, and that it can influence and direct us in assistance, and then on the other hand it states clearly that any such influence would be a breach of free will. This is a contradiction in my opinion.

QUESTION: Then the Higher Self operates from the future as we understand things, and it would know, as far as I am concerned, what was going to happen. Is this correct? (B2, 64)

RA: This is incorrect, as it would he a violation of free will. The Higher Self is aware of the lessons learned through 6th density. The choices which must be made to achieve the Higher Self, as it is now, must be made by the mind/spirit/body complex itself.

Thus the Higher Self is like a map on which the destination is known and the roads are shown, and the traveler has already reached the destination in some universe, maybe this one. The Higher Self at the destination looks back on the way that has been traveled and assists the traveler in arriving at the goal in an easier way.

So the Higher Self can program the entity for certain lessons and predisposing limitations, but the rest is up to the free choice of the entity. (B2, 64)

If it is programming the lower self, than it is influencing in such a way as to breach its free will.

There is only one way that this makes sense to me and that is if Ra is speaking of the Higher Self not as one particular individual consciousness, but as the All, or as Intelligent Energy, which may be what Siren was picking up on.

IMHO, the Higher Self is the evolved consciousness, which has not yet come to pass, except that in infinity all is Mystery and continues to evolve into Mystery.

Our higher self is realized by evolving into it, not by it regressing to assist us in that evolution.

My Higher Self is here and now, and that which I shall become as I evolve.

So I must assume that Ra is either incorrect in its speculation or that it means something other than what it seems to mean in these quotes.

(07-03-2012, 08:54 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]...Ra is not always passing on accurate information. This is their opinion on a matter no different than you or I having an opinion on a matter...

Of course my friend. There is no other way to pass information to another self. Because all your Truths are already inside of you. They can only help you to remember. Only you can know your Truth.

Just taking concepts and trying to pack them into words is going to result in much distortions.

where does this "...and the traveler has already reached the destination in some universe, maybe this one..." comes from ?

Here is the actual quote.

Quote:36.7 Questioner: In that case my higher self would, shall we say, have a very large advantage in knowing precisely what was needed since it would know what… as far as I am concerned, what was going to happen. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect, in that this would be an abrogation of free will. The higher self aspect is aware of the lessons learned through the sixth density. The progress rate is fairly well understood. The choices which must be made to achieve the higher self as it is are in the provenance of the mind/body/spirit complex itself.

Thus the higher self is like the map in which the destination is known; the roads are very well known, these roads being designed by intelligent infinity working through intelligent energy. However, the higher self aspect can program only for the lessons and certain predisposing limitations if it wishes. The remainder is completely the free choice of each entity. There is the perfect balance between the known and the unknown
(07-02-2012, 09:56 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]this one here about Invocations and Evocations is still confusing to me.

Consider the reason why the Creator is called the "Word" (or Logos in Greek and Verbum in Latin). The Creator is vibration (verbum, vibration), all consiousness is vibration; therefore consciousness vibrates (it "speaks" or "sings"—or more esoterically: it moves/vibrates/rotates/distorts/articulates/organizes/differentiates/creates). The closes analogy to vibration here would be that which is known as sound (perhaps The Logos/Word should instead be called The Sound—as it is easier to see the Creator as sound rather than as a "word"). After all, what is a word if not a sound? What is music? Again, what is vibration?

The simplest example of vibration is vocalization (as in singing, the using of the voice; and to a lesser degree, speaking). We can correlate this to the Creator being the "Breath" of Life; in other words: that which flows through and from the mouth, both inwards and outwards, vibrating, pulsating, like the beat of a heart (exhalation/inhalation, expansion/contraction—the very rhythms of Creation). Your vocal cords are a sonorous instrument, and your whole body is a tabernacle that resonates your vibrations/sounds. When you speak and utter words, are you not emitting sounds?

So it is with invocation and evocation, both words related to vocalization: from Latin vocare, "to call," from vox, "voice." Invocation is the "calling in(wards) and evocation is the "calling out(wards)." But these two terms are somewhat blurred and interchangeable, so I wouldn't worry too much about making a distinction between one and the other. The point is: you can literally vibrate (by attunement) your Higher Self into and through you to consciously affect/alter your "reality," shall we say (this is a quintessential tenet of magic(k)al work).

In the more esoteric sense the voice is power, force (it commands, it directs, it drives, it charges); and is thus related to the will(power), and the Logos.

As a side note: this is also related to higher density entities "hearing the call" from the people on Earth. They don't hear a "call" in words, per se, they don't listen to the word-content of prayers; what they do is feel the vibrations of the "call" the same way one would hear the tunes of a musical instrument playing out. Thus when they hear the laments and grievings from an elegy or requiem, they answer accordingly by singing/resonating back their more euphoric and elated melodies to alleviate the sorrows.

Consider further: all sound emanates from silence; the breath flows from the mouth; and light emerges from obscurity. And who/what is the latter in every case, if not the Void?

(07-03-2012, 08:38 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Siren what do you mean when you say the higher self is analogous with Intelligent Energy and the Logos?

The Logos is intelligent energy. It is that Focus/Thought/Love that, drawing from free-will/tapping into infinite potential, concentrates into arranging, organizing, constructing, articulating, energizing, manifesting the Creation (of light, in its various vibratory degrees or densities of manifestation). Everything in the Creation is a creature of the Creator; thus you are as much the Logos/Creator as is the cockroach in your kitchen. Hence, you are already the Creator as is everything/everyone else.

Now, because of the function of the Logos in articulating and organizing the illusory material that is light, the density most aligned and reflective of that function, is the 6th density, wherein the "form-makers" reside. This is, microcosmically, analogous to the Logos.

Quote:In my thinking, it sounds like you are suggesting that the higher self is invoked by one's faith or belief that it exists in their future.

At Patrick accurately stated, it simultaneously exists in the future (from linear point of view perception) and in the ever-present.

Quote:And that correlates with the energies involved in creating what we choose to believe will exist.

The Logos chose (out of free-will) to believe/imagine/dream the Creation to exist. Thus there was light.

(07-03-2012, 08:54 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Ra is not always passing on accurate information. This is their opinion on a matter no different than you or I having an opinion on a matter. And in this case Ra would not be accurate in its speculation about the Higher Self.

Although it is true that they are sharing their own "slant" on the truth. The truth remains ever the same. I still hold, as always, that the reason for miscommunication and misinterpretation is largely a semantic one.

You've called the Creator the Goddess. My preferences and biases would argue that a better term for the Creator would be something other than God or Goddess (since either represents a polarity, and the Creator is neither male nor female—or both; One). Yet, I respect your own choice of words, and I know that, in essence, we're speaking the same truth.

When reading/hearing matters of spirituality, cosmology or theosophy, one must learn to read between the lines, see through the surrounding verbiage that superflously adorns the message, in order to grasp the heart of of it, shall we say; instead of entangling oneself in questions of semantic that mislead elsewhere.

I perceived the heart/core of Ra's message, and I am congruent with it; it correlated and resonates with my intuition and inner vibrations. That is all I can tell you—my testimony.

(07-03-2012, 09:23 AM)Siren Wrote: [ -> ]...
I have perceived the heart/core of Ra's message, and I am congruent with it; it correlated and resonates with my intuition and inner vibrations. That is all I can tell you—my testimony.

+1 here. Smile

Shin'Ar

Siren,

It seems that I right then in assuming that you believe this higher self to actually be the Creator rather than just an evolved aspect of the individual? is that correct/

and why do you call light illusory? I am curious about that.

I do not agree wiht you though that what Ra is stating is a matter of semantics.

What we choose to name the Creator, if anything at all, and how we choose to identity with it, is not what is being spoken of here.

What is being considered here is if Ra is speaking about the future evolved state of an individual consciousness when they say higher self, or if they are referring to the All, as you and I suspect.

(07-03-2012, 10:14 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]It seems that I right then in assuming that you believe this higher self to actually be the Creator rather than just an evolved aspect of the individual? is that correct/

The Higher Self (and I really do not fancy this term very much, mind you; however I do not have any more appropriate term for it, and given we're all already familiar with it, I use it as such) is an aspect or "portion" of you, body/mind/spirit complex, that resides in 6th density awareness, at that point prior to the "shuttling" into the 8th density through the violet-ray 7th density. Thus it acts as a guide/resource for you, mind/body/spirit complex, in your various "pasts" of it/yourself. It is, in this sense, something akin to an "oversoul" to your various soulstreams leading up to it.

To address your query more directly: it isn't the Logos/Creator in its state of timeless oneness preceeding the initiation of the red-ray spectrum and following the conclusion of the violet-ray spectrum.

Quote:and why do you call light illusory? I am curious about that.

Because light is an illusion and the illusion is light. Light is the only material/matter/element in Creation. Light is the manifestation/reflection of Love. It is the material of all physicality (whether solid and gross or subtle and ethereal), and it is thus subject to time and space, and hence, transmutation, transformation and transfiguration (change, change and change, respectively); light is the means—the vehicle—through which the Creator may experience the process of progress/growth/evolution (without light, without bodies, this is not possible—in order for this process to be possible there needs to be time and space, and hence, light).

That which moves the light, arranges and organizes it, vibrates/breathes through it, molds, shapes and imaginates it, energizes it, and dreams it into manifestation—this kinetic, motion, pulsation—, is Love/Thought/Logos.

Thus, light is the phenomenon that results from the noumenon.

Quote:What is being considered here is if Ra is speaking about the future evolved state of an individual consciousness when they say higher self, or if they are referring to the All, as you and I suspect.

Higher Self as future evolved state of an individual being, in such a state of awareness (6D) as to experience/enjoy a sufficient degree of timelessness, shall we say. Because of that, it is already you now.

Shin'Ar, does this particular passage bring the Ra material closer to your personal understanding of the Higher Self?

Quote:36.7
Questioner: In that case my Higher Self would have a very large advantage in knowing what was needed since it would know, as far as I am concerned, what was going to happen. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect, in that this would be an abrogation of free will. The higher self aspect is aware of the lessons learned through the sixth density. The progress rate is fairly well understood. The choices which must be made to achieve the higher self as it is are in the provenance of the mind/body/spirit complex itself.

Thus the higher self is like the map in which the destination is known; the roads are very well known, these roads being designed by intelligent infinity working through intelligent energy. However, the higher self aspect can program only for the lessons and certain predisposing limitations if it wishes. The remainder is completely the free choice of each entity. There is the perfect balance between the known and the unknown.
[quote='plenum' pid='90395' dateline='1341280601']
[quote]RA: It is most central to deliberately take off the magical personality after the working in order that the Higher Self may resume its appropriate function as your Higher Self operating in many realms, not just in the 3rd density.
[/quote]

As I have done this work, I shall share my experience/understanding. The above selection fro your quote is indeed helpful.

I would suggest for consideration, that in any magical working in which one invokes direct help/communication involving angelic/higher self/spirit(s)/guide(s), use of visualization of thought form, such as a magical cape or jacket, is greatly suited to the purpose of such working. Donning the magical cape/jacket at the beginning of working, and subsequent removal at the end, ensures that the time/space connection is broken, as per above quote, releasing those invoked to resume appropriate function.
You can also use a literal ceremonial item, reserved for magical workings, if that would help create the mental aspect for you, like talisman or some type of garment. The Ra group themselves simply used motions for putting on and taking off the imaginary item to help dismiss the magical personality.

Shin'Ar

(07-03-2012, 01:00 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Shin'Ar, does this particular passage bring the Ra material closer to your personal understanding of the Higher Self?

Quote:36.7
Questioner: In that case my Higher Self would have a very large advantage in knowing what was needed since it would know, as far as I am concerned, what was going to happen. Is this correct?

Thus the higher self is like the map in which the destination is known; the roads are very well known, these roads being designed by intelligent infinity working through intelligent energy. However, the higher self aspect can program only for the lessons and certain predisposing limitations if it wishes. The remainder is completely the free choice of each entity. There is the perfect balance between the known and the unknown.

Sorry Austin, for some reason now and then the replies to these threads are not sent to my email like they usually are and I am not aware that they are being continued.

To answer your question, no. Actually I did read all of these quotes and this one was the one that causes me to wonder about what seems to be a contradiction of Ra.

I realize that they are saying that it is not a direct influence in a way where one might be misguided or deliberately directed against their will, but in my thinking it is still as much an influence to direct and lead as any other influence. Whether a map laid out for the sake of showing a person where to go, or a hand to take that person's hand and lead them in that direction, an influence is an influence, and it just seems that influencing of any sort is interference in the course of events.

However that is not the main problem I have. My main problem is the suggestion that the Higher Self is the future aspect of the lower self influencing the growth of that self toward an already established higher being. Now I understand that many here will say that it has to do with infinity and creation being a simultaneous event occurring on all levels.

So I guess that is where I part ways. I see infinity as a Mystery that continues to evolve, and therefore the Higher being is also continuing to evolve.

In that frame of mind the Higher Being of any individual fragment or field of consciousness does not exist simultaneously as it has not yet evolved into that Mystery.

Higher Being is what we become based upon our free will and direction of path. If that truly is based solely upon our own experience,direction and choices, than it has not yet happened if I have not yet made such choices, and if such choices are free for me to choose one way or another from this point.

I understand that the dynamics of infinity cause some to reach forward as though what is infinite must already be complete, but my field of consciousness does not relate this to me. My thinking is that the future remains and always will remain a Mystery awaiting the One to affect it.

The Higher Being falls into that same definition.

And therefore I cannot resonate with the Ra Material in this regard. And I am pretty sure that I have read in the Ra Material where it speaks more to what I am suggesting elsewhere which would be a contradiction. However I cannot point to a quote to validate that, and don't really see any value in opening that can of worms anyway.

Higher self is created by Logos before the space/time is ignited at the same time with the solar system. He is completed from its creation but the higher self does not have any memory of any complex at its creation. The only thing that higher self knows it that he is the terminus station for the evolution of the complexes that are to be created when the space/time is ignited and evolution starts. I guess the higher self job is to help navigate its complexes back to him. He only see the past memories of his complexes and the possibilities of its complexes but not what the complexes are going to experience in future lives not yet passed.
(12-13-2019, 12:26 PM)Loki Wrote: [ -> ]Higher self is created by Logos before the space/time is ignited at the same time with the solar system. He is completed from its creation but the higher self does not have any memory of any complex at its creation. The only thing that higher self knows it that he is the terminus station for the evolution of the complexes that are to be created when the space/time is ignited and evolution starts. I guess the higher self job is to help navigate its complexes back to him. He only see the past memories of his complexes and the possibilities of its complexes  but not what the complexes are going to experience in future lives not yet passed.

Actually the higher self has a higher self called the mind/body/spirit Totality. That exists in 7th density.
(12-13-2019, 02:32 PM)Great Central Sun Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-13-2019, 12:26 PM)Loki Wrote: [ -> ]Higher self is created by Logos before the space/time is ignited at the same time with the solar system. He is completed from its creation but the higher self does not have any memory of any complex at its creation. The only thing that higher self knows it that he is the terminus station for the evolution of the complexes that are to be created when the space/time is ignited and evolution starts. I guess the higher self job is to help navigate its complexes back to him. He only see the past memories of his complexes and the possibilities of its complexes  but not what the complexes are going to experience in future lives not yet passed.

Actually the higher self has a higher self called the mind/body/spirit Totality. That exists in 7th density.

I do not think the complex totality is the higher self of the higher self. Complex totality is the totality of possibilities/probabilities and memories of all the complexes on all timelines created by the higher self. Complex totality is an ever changing library of data which exists while time/space is ongoing. Totality is produced by higher self choices. Is a tool of the higher self.

Imagine higher self as the player created by the Logos equipped with free will and fully evolved and the solar system is the playground. Complexes are all avatars the higher self creates in which each complex must complete the journey from beginning back to higher self. Complex totality tells higher self all what is possible and how probable each possibility is. As complexes evolve the memories are accumulated in complex totality and some of the initial possibilities disappears from totality. when higher self is 7th density complex totality is all memories and the possibilities/probabilities are all gone.

The important period is from first to mid sixth density when the complexes exist and evolves.