Bring4th

Full Version: American Truth in 3 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"we stood up for what was right"

I'll leave it to you Americans to argue about it, if you so please.
Whats with the passively inflammatory comment? If you are attempting to play Devil's Advocate, then please, the act of using discernment already covers this.
There is no separation between us, brother. I do not identify myself with any nation; I am a global citizen. I am a universal citizen, and so is every inhabitant of this sphere. Your problems are my problems, and vise versa.

I will tackle the problems of the country I live in, the US, and will not leave any country "out to dry".
And finally, back on topic: Pickle, that video was very good; I will have to check out that show. I have never heard something so "one the nose" from any media outlet (HBO in this case), and it is quite refreshing.
I was going to post this but Pickle beat me to it! This is amazing...almost makes me want to get tv service again! (almost!)
I still watch several TV shows, but NEVER EVER on a live broadcast on an actual television. I simply obtain them using my own means and watch them on my computer(or theoretically playback the video file on a TV, if I ever bothered to do that anymore) on my own time and in moderation.

kdsii

Everyone in my generation (early 20's) blows off patriotism, as far as I can see.
There are so many excuses why the US can't seem to pull through in any given situation, and certainly no great redeeming quality that would make anyone forget America's shortcomings.
I don't watch the news or any other media source for that matter - All I see there is finger pointing and tail-chasing, untill the original question is forgotten.
(07-08-2012, 03:22 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this a real TV show or a movie depicting a movie show? Just curious. The background music towards the end made me think that probably it was a movie rather than a real TV show. Care to tell me, please?

By the way, I think the USA is great. After all, Ra chose to come to three Americans during the 1980s Smile
This clip is from the first few minutes of a show called Newsroom, which I watched the first two episodes of and found to be quite good so far. It seems to be easter-egged with more positively oriented ideals, such as the first episode tackling the BP oil spill. Also, the second episode(I'm being a bit vague due to hating to give away spoilers) has a reaction to a mistake being more positively oriented instead of the obvious status quo reaction of the character rubbing their face in it.
(07-09-2012, 04:43 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]This clip is from the first few minutes of a show called Newsroom, which I watched the first two episodes of and found to be quite good so far. It seems to be easter-egged with more positively oriented ideals, such as the first episode tackling the BP oil spill. Also, the second episode(I'm being a bit vague due to hating to give away spoilers) has a reaction to a mistake being more positively oriented instead of the obvious status quo reaction of the character rubbing their face in it.

Thank you, Parsons Smile

I just finished watching the 2nd episode.
Not bad, now i have another show to waste my time with Smile

kdsii

Yeeeah, I always lose to my wife over the whose-country-is-awesomer debate.
Brazil (her country) has UFC figters that can KICK your face off. Pretty sweet.

(07-09-2012, 03:02 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this a real TV show or a movie depicting a movie show? Just curious. The background music towards the end made me think that probably it was a movie rather than a real TV show. Care to tell me, please?

By the way, I think the USA is great. After all, Ra chose to come to three Americans during the 1980s Smile

(07-09-2012, 07:41 AM)kdsii Wrote: [ -> ]Yeeeah, I always lose to my wife over the whose-country-is-awesomer debate.
Brazil (her country) has UFC figters that can KICK your face off. Pretty sweet.

(07-09-2012, 03:02 AM)Confused Wrote: [ -> ]

I was just trying to play some humor Smile I understand that Ra has no favorites. Smile
Sumeria was the greatest of its time, Egypt was the greatest of its time, Greece was the greatest of its time, Rome was the greatest of its time, Islamic caliphates were the greatest of its time, the British Empire was the greatest of its time, America was the greatest of its time.

If this cycle would've continued, China would've been the greatest of its time.
Hi, greatness fans.

The problem IS that THEY, who REALLY run the show on earth, are :
dishonest oil industry
dishonest big pharma
dishonest banks
dishonest armement
dishonest ETC. . .
dishonest main stream media
dishonest ETC. . .

!! Our governments are puppets !! We all know that, right?

The problem IS that THEY who REALLY run the show on earth
can buy almost any body, any organisation, any institution !!
See how the di$hone$t one$ did buy the FDA, FAA, USDA, ETC. . .

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A COUNTRY TO LET "Monsanto" DO
WHAT THEY DO ???????????????????????
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A COUNTRY TO LET "BP" "Exxon" "etc." DO

THAT is why we are NOT in great countries anymore, in
North America ! ! We live in a SICK continent.
And the UK is the same ! if not almost all Europa !

Notice how the BIG companie$ around the world do: scam,
rip off/steal, pollute, abuse/exploit the poor/small contries
and peoples ! ! ! They take what they want, and when done,
bolt away, leaving all their filth behind ! !

Soooooooooo, there is NO great country, IF a
big heartle$$ money making company is in it ! ! ! ! !
But we can intent and be positive despite all that. B-)

EDIT TO ADD:
And I speak for MY country TOO, if ever you did not think I did !! B-)
We have THE WORST government we EVER HAD !!!!!!!

Blue skies.
(07-15-2012, 02:19 PM)C-JEAN Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, greatness fans.

The problem IS that THEY, who REALLY run the show on earth, are :
dishonest oil industry
dishonest big pharma
dishonest banks
dishonest armement
dishonest ETC. . .
dishonest main stream media
dishonest ETC. . .

!! Our governments are puppets !! We all know that, right?

The problem IS that THEY who REALLY run the show on earth
can buy almost any body, any organisation, any institution !!
See how the di$hone$t one$ did buy the FDA, FAA, USDA, ETC. . .

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A COUNTRY TO LET "Monsanto" DO
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A COUNTRY TO LET "BP" "Exxon" "etc." DO

THAT is why we are NOT in great countries anymore, in
North America ! ! We live in a SICK continent.
And the UK is the same ! if not almost all Europa !

Notice whow the BIG companie$ around the world do: scam,
rip off/steal, pollute, abuse/exploit the poor/small contries
and peoples ! ! ! They take what they want, and when done,
bolt away, leaving all their filth behind ! !

Soooooooooo, there is NO great country, IF a
big heartle$$ money making company is in it ! ! ! ! !
But we can intent and be positive despite all that. B-)

Blue skies.

you need a double like my friend!

LOVE YOUR POSTS Smile

bright skies
This show is fantabulous. Very good. On ep 4 now. Very very LOO related (at least part of it)