Bring4th

Full Version: why is catalyst so painful?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that othes and Ra have said that Catalyst can be anything or everything that comes to awareness, so it can be good/plesant thoughts.

but I normally associate catalyst with SOMETHING bad or unpleasant, an unwanted.

there is something in the human mind (or my mind at least) that seems to resist the beautific change that the promptings of catalyst offer, and yet these are promptings that do not go away until addressed.

there is something in the ego that wants us to say that we are right, and have always been right, and the catalyst is a thing that points to the contrary, that an opinion or behaviour needs adaptation to the present circumstance.

funny, because Ra did not use our term ego, maybe because it was already so loaded.

- -

I say catalyst is painful because I had a weekend of spiritual purging, and while much better for the experience, it wasn't a pretty mental experience lol.

kdsii

Yes, catalyst is any element that encourages change.
Remember that 'suffering' = 'pain'+'resistance'.
The resistance is what creates the suffering.

Once you accept the catalyst, be it painful even, you can see it as a catalyst that has already served its purpose.

Resistance of yourself/otherselves/catalyst/etc will cause the events to replay, and replay, because the lesson was not learned.
I'm working on my own ego for this very reason, it keeps me from accepting painful events at times.

(07-09-2012, 05:16 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I know that othes and Ra have said that Catalyst can be anything or everything that comes to awareness, so it can be good/plesant thoughts.

What was your purge, may I ask? It's been an intense past week for me as well!

but I normally associate catalyst with SOMETHING bad or unpleasant, an unwanted.

there is something in the human mind (or my mind at least) that seems to resist the beautific change that the promptings of catalyst offer, and yet these are promptings that do not go away until addressed.

there is something in the ego that wants us to say that we are right, and have always been right, and the catalyst is a thing that points to the contrary, that an opinion or behaviour needs adaptation to the present circumstance.

funny, because Ra did not use our term ego, maybe because it was already so loaded.

- -

I say catalyst is painful because I had a weekend of spiritual purging, and while much better for the experience, it wasn't a pretty mental experience lol.

I seem to say that a lot lately, and not necessarily here on the forum but IRL:
I recommend you check up Eckhart Tolle's books "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth". His take on the ego and what he calls "the human condition" is simply enlightening.
(07-09-2012, 06:34 PM)LetGo Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to say that a lot lately, and not necessarily here on the forum but IRL:
I recommend you check up Eckhart Tolle's books "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth". His take on the ego and what he calls "the human condition" is simply enlightening.

Excellent books indeed. I like "Practicing The Power of Now" too, it's a great summary.
Not sure where I read/heard this apt description, but it's analogous to building muscle i.e. you need to rip and tear the muscle fibres/ego in order to rebuild it stronger and powerful.
(07-09-2012, 05:16 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I know that othes and Ra have said that Catalyst can be anything or everything that comes to awareness, so it can be good/plesant thoughts.

- -

I would describe all experience as catalyst, or that is to say, a potential stimulus for growth or change.

So I think you are asking about the particular catalyst known as "pain".

Why is pain painful? Why is this particular catalyst so aversive?

I think that if it was not an aversive stimulus, we ignorant 3rd density beings would probably never get the hint to go in another direction. I look at it as guidance from the universe. As Ra would say, this is not a density of "knowing", therefore, we have this catalyst called pain. In the higher densities, there is still pain, but of a different variety, and it is less intense, for the most part.

Pain and pleasure have always been indicators to let us know when something destructive or constructive was happening to our beings, at some level or another. Pain in the body lets you know you are damaging your body in some way or another. Emotional pain is an indicator that one's focus of thought, in this moment, is contradicting one's desire.

Pain is there to teach us. The more slowly we learn the lesson it is offering us, the bigger it becomes until we eventually take serious notice of it, and resolve the contradictions in our consciousness causing stagnation within our beingness.

If pain were not aversive, we simply would not be as motivated to change. Kdsii made a good point about pain being resistance. The pain is only necessary to the extent that we do not recognize and alleviate our own resistance.

- -

Frustrating hey.

No pain no gain, at least for the moment. We are starting to learn faster now, it can't be to much longer.
"Pain is a sign of weakness leaving the body"
- Every Drill Sergeant ever

Ive had a number of quite pleasant catalysts in my life. Yes there has been some less than delightful ones as well, but that's par for the course. Being that a catalyst is going to (generally) be something that were not accustom to, we may take something as being painful because it takes one outside of their comfort zone. But everything changes, even if it does nothing.
Resistance is one thing, not knowing what you are resisting is another.

The catalyst comes up again and again ad nauseum breaking down one's belief system. Through trial and error. A heinous process if you ask me, although highly effective based on my own experience.

It's reminiscent of a mouse in a maze being electroshocked each time it makes a wrong move vs. Pavlovian rewards of love and light for thinking the right thoughts.

Personally I think the catalyst could ease up a bit! Ok so I don't want a long drawn out 3rd dimensional cycle that goes on for millennia, but I think the onslaught of catalyst in this concentrated 75,000yr version is just about more than I can handle. Surely 'they' can come up with something a bit less horrifying in it's intensity, and maybe stretch it out a bit. Make it 300,000yrs or something, with more fun times sprinkled in-between. To give us some breathing space!
Yeah, what you said jacrob. A bit less of the mental catalyst would be useful. I'm tired of not knowing reality from what's in my head.

Maybe we could petition the Logos.
Perhaps its my discordian nature, but I find a nice staccato of epiphanies and revelations. I started to get bored otherwise. I find new systems and information to wonderfully enlightening. Though I dont really hold onto anything or ideas too seriously.

I guess instead of growing comfortable in a single view, ive grown comfortable that my views will are getting more and more refined, im getting more and more "accurate", with every experience. (Id like to believe that im) Being in a state of Te though, definitely helps.

"As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been along the service-to-self path."

"The nature of experience is such that the attention shall be constantly given varieties of experience. Those that are presumed to be negative, or interpreted as negative, may seem in abundance. It is a great challenge to take catalyst and devise the magical, positive experience. That which is magical in the negative experience is much longer coming, shall we say, in the third density."

"83.25 Questioner: We would look at this in our present illusion as an elimination of a certain amount of catalyst that would produce an acceleration in our evolution. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. The attitude towards pain varies from mind/body/spirit complex to mind/body/spirit complex. Your verbalization of attitude towards the distortion known as pain is one productive of helpful distortions as regards the process of evolution."

"83.27 Questioner: In some cases it seems that this use of catalyst is almost in a runaway condition for some entities in that they are experiencing much more pain than they can make good use of as far as catalytic nature would be considered. Could you comment on that?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last query of this working of a full length. You may see, in some cases, an entity which, either by pre-incarnative choice or by constant reprogramming while in incarnation, has developed an esurient program of catalyst. Such an entity is quite desirous of using the catalyst and has determined to its own satisfaction that what you may call the large board needs to be applied to the forehead in order to obtain the attention of the self. In these cases it may indeed seem a great waste of the catalyst of pain and a distortion towards feeling the tragedy of so much pain may be experienced by the other-self. However, it is well to hope that the other-self is grasping that which it has gone to some trouble to offer itself; that is, the catalyst which it desires to use for the purpose of evolution. May we ask if there are any brief queries at this time?"

"Balance is not indifference but rather the observer not blinded by any feelings of separation but rather fully imbued with love."

I've noticed a lot of people here promoting inspirational videos. Is this done as an attempt to balance a similarly negative bias?
Quote:"As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been along the service-to-self path."

This reasonates sharply with me! Of late I've been able to flip a switch taking me from morose to neutral in about an hour, which is a vast improvement on weeks or days of darkness.

- -

The design of the catalytic nature of evolution under a thick veil and a very gross and least dense physical frame is an experiment too. Experiments can go awry. In many ways, 3D life form evolutionary history on Earth has proved it, in my opinion. However, we can do it together, if we trust in each other enough to link our hands.

Quote:Professor Barnhardt: There must be alternatives. You must have some technology that could solve our problem.
Klaatu: Your problem is not technology. The problem is you. You lack the will to change.
Professor Barnhardt: Then help us change.
Klaatu: I cannot change your nature. You treat the world as you treat each other.
Professor Barnhardt: But every civilization reaches a crisis point eventually.
Klaatu: Most of them don't make it.
Professor Barnhardt: Yours did. How?
Klaatu: Our sun was dying. We had to evolve in order to survive.
Professor Barnhardt: So it was only when your world was threated with destruction that you became what you are now.
Klaatu: Yes.
Professor Barnhardt: Well that's where we are. You say we're on the brink of destruction and you're right. But it's only on the brink that people find the will to change. Only at the precipice do we evolve. This is our moment. Don't take it from us, we are close to an answer.

Quote Movie Source: The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008), from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970416/quotes?qt0504934
This is a good question. I suppose that painful catalysis will lead an entity toward compassion and thus Harvest. Therefore, I will try to be grateful. Confused

Meerie

(07-09-2012, 05:16 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]there is something in the human mind (or my mind at least) that seems to resist the beautific change that the promptings of catalyst offer, and yet these are promptings that do not go away until addressed.

I think Plenum gave the answer himself... it is painful because we resist.
I read a good saying the other day,

‎"We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way." Author Unknown
Catalyst is anything that suppresses the natural desire of the self. How this phenomenon is perceived is a choice. The positive polarity sees the self in what it is not.

Unbound

I see catalyst in a purely chemical way - an agent of change. All that is relevant to catalyst is the opportunity for change.

I don't really get how catalyst would inevitably be a suppression of the natural desire of the self, as I equally see it to be a catalyst to accept the desires and the fulfillment of the desires of the self.
I tend to agree but a catalyst ceases to cause change if there is no suppression, no challenge towards one's desire, as a desire without catalyst would be inherently fulfilled.

One would inherently have an apple in hand if they did not have to face the catalyst of climbing a tree to acquire it. The apple-lover without the catalyst of tree-climbing would not experience the change of learning how to climb trees.
I think we wouldn't learn spiritual lessons if it was peachy all the time.
Ra said something along the lines of before the veil, they were content all the time,
and had little desire for growth.

Without catalyst you don't have spiritual growth.

We can definitely grow faster here in 3D than other densities.