Bring4th

Full Version: Ra on food and diet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra is not the final arbiter on things, but many of us here respect his opinion.

here is one of the few thoughts on food and diet that THEY have to offer us:

Quote:40.14 Questioner: In dietary matters, what would be the foods that one would include and what would be the foods that one would exclude in a general way for the greatest care of one’s bodily complex?

Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, we underline and emphasize that this information is not to be understood literally but as a link or psychological nudge for the body and the mind and spirit. Thus it is the care and respect for the self that is the true thing of importance. In this light we may iterate the basic information given for this instrument’s diet. The vegetables, the fruits, the grains, and to the extent necessary for the individual metabolism, the animal products. These are those substances showing respect for the self. In addition, though this has not been mentioned, for this instrument is not in need of purification, those entities in need of purging the self of a poison thought-form or emotion complex do well to take care in following a program of careful fasting until the destructive thought-form has been purged analogously with the by-products of ridding the physical vehicle of excess material. Again you see the value not to the body complex but used as a link for the mind and spirit. Thus self reveals self to self.

the care and respect for the self.

no need to get obsessive.
Thus it is the care and respect for the self that is the true thing of importance.

Thanks Plenum for the quote. Makes total sense! Ra is advocating whole foods and caring for our body which is the temple of our Spirit in my view.

Ra simplifies the issue and has stripped the negative perceptions and overlays that often accompany our thoughts when we are partaking of food substances. No judgement, no body dysmorphia, no guilt, no subtle hints to question ourselves when there is a pure intention of maintaining our physical vehicle with care.

Simple and positive, loving advice. Smile
Hear hear, like all things, moderation and variation are way more important than the basic quality of the foods we eat. You often hear that the food is so bad these days. Yet we'll likely grow older than our grandparents just like they got older than theirs.
Pick one.RollEyes
I speak English, Ra spoke English, and so I use English definitions to understand the meaning Ra would portray.

Any point that would infringe upon free will ramifications was not expanded upon.
-----------------

care (kâr)
n.
1. A burdened state of mind, as that arising from heavy responsibilities; worry.

2. Mental suffering; grief.

3. An object or source of worry, attention, or solicitude: the many cares of a working parent.

4. Caution in avoiding harm or danger: handled the crystal bowl with care.

5. a. Close attention; painstaking application: painting the window frames and sashes with care.

5. b. Upkeep; maintenance: a product for the care of fine floors; hair care products.

6. Watchful oversight; charge or supervision: left the child in the care of a neighbor.

7. Attentive assistance or treatment to those in need:

---------------

respect [rɪˈspɛkt]
n
1. an attitude of deference, admiration, or esteem; regard

2. the state of being honoured or esteemed

3. a detail, point, or characteristic; particular he differs in some respects from his son

4. reference or relation (esp in the phrases in respect of, with respect to)

5. polite or kind regard; consideration respect for people's feelings

6. (often plural) an expression of esteem or regard (esp in the phrase pay one's respects)

vb (tr)
1. to have an attitude of esteem towards; show or have respect for to respect one's elders

2. to pay proper attention to; not violate to respect Swiss neutrality

3. to show consideration for; treat courteously or kindly

4. Archaic to concern or refer to
[from Latin rēspicere to look back, pay attention to, from re- + specere to look]

kdsii

So I CAN eat glue, I knew it...

(07-10-2012, 09:43 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Ra is not the final arbiter on things, but many of us here respect his opinion.

here is one of the few thoughts on food and diet that THEY have to offer us:

Quote:40.14 Questioner: In dietary matters, what would be the foods that one would include and what would be the foods that one would exclude in a general way for the greatest care of one’s bodily complex?

Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, we underline and emphasize that this information is not to be understood literally but as a link or psychological nudge for the body and the mind and spirit. Thus it is the care and respect for the self that is the true thing of importance. In this light we may iterate the basic information given for this instrument’s diet. The vegetables, the fruits, the grains, and to the extent necessary for the individual metabolism, the animal products. These are those substances showing respect for the self. In addition, though this has not been mentioned, for this instrument is not in need of purification, those entities in need of purging the self of a poison thought-form or emotion complex do well to take care in following a program of careful fasting until the destructive thought-form has been purged analogously with the by-products of ridding the physical vehicle of excess material. Again you see the value not to the body complex but used as a link for the mind and spirit. Thus self reveals self to self.

the care and respect for the self.

no need to get obsessive.

(07-10-2012, 02:01 PM)kdsii Wrote: [ -> ]So I CAN eat glue, I knew it...

heard those stories of yogi's that can eat poison?

you can choose to believe or not BigSmile
(07-10-2012, 02:09 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

Do we do things just because we can?

Or do we have purpose?

kdsii

Wayne Dyer talked of a monk who was leading a rehab group of drug addicts.
He injected himself with heroin, explaining that he/his state was the antidote.
Unimaginable...

(07-10-2012, 02:15 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2012, 02:09 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

Do we do things just because we can?

Or do we have purpose?

These Ra quotes have been discussed extensively. I refer you to these posts:

But...but...Ra told Carla to eat meat!!! That means Ra favors the eating of meat, right?
Post #740 Monica
Post #1442 Monica
Post #2915 Monica
Post #881 Monica
Post #978 Oceania

What meat can do for us, vs. what we can do for the animal
Post #1066 Monica
Post #1163 Austin

Is eating animals conducive to polarization? And should we even care about that?
Post #1270 Monica
Post #1366 Monica

Additional posts, indexed for your convenience, can be found here:
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...2#pid89582

I will add this: I think context must be taken into consideration. I think Ra is simply saying to follow basic guidelines and do the best we can, and not obsess if our diets aren't perfect all the time. I don't think Ra intended this single quote to give carte blanche permission to completely disregard the suffering that occurred in order to acquire that particular food. Nor is it carte blanche permission to focus only on self with no regard to others who might be affected by our choices.

This single quote doesn't negate all the many other quotes about love, compassion, and service to others.
thanks Monica. I didn't get a chance to read ALL of the meat thread (what an epic thread!), but you guys seemed to cover everything under the sun.

thanks for indexing those 3000+ posts!! BigSmile

(07-10-2012, 04:17 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]thanks Monica. I didn't get a chance to read ALL of the meat thread (what an epic thread!), but you guys seemed to cover everything under the sun.

thanks for indexing those 3000+ posts!! BigSmile

You are quite welcome. But I don't get all the credit. It was a group effort by Diana, Pablisimo and myself, with some input from Pickle.

(Note: I just added to my previous post.)

(07-10-2012, 10:17 AM)Ali Quadir Wrote: [ -> ]You often hear that the food is so bad these days. Yet we'll likely grow older than our grandparents just like they got older than theirs.

Our grandparents didn't have the diseases so prevalent today. In our grandparents' time, it was very rare for children to get diabetes or cancer. Now, we have huge children's hospitals to deal with the epidemic of childhood diseases.