Bring4th

Full Version: I call upon the power of greyskull I mean Law of One people.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just got out of a relationship and it is sucking but that is not why I am making this call for help nooo
Is anyone good with managing money? I need help/advice since right now I have a job and there are 2 months left in my contract. Of course it's not guaranteed that I will be able to find another job in time, but I will definitely try to get myself one.

I signed up for an apt and the move in date is august 10th and the lease is for 6 months.

So I did a little calculating of my expenses i didn't include the times to go and get a beer or anything recreational yet. just survival.

rent calculator 1900 low end gross monthly income
2134.6 high end gross monthly income
2017.3 average
shouldn't spent more than 30%=605

1800 after taxes
rent 611

utilities 80+45

lunch 200

dinner 250

gas 100

internet 60

student loans 117

298 left

so far i've paid 80 bucks for an application fee which isn't refundable and 175 for some kind of placement fee 75 of which isn't refundable.

My question is should I cut my losses and find a roommate? Or should I *pretty much gambling i suppose* take the apt that i have already applied for?

At this point after asking all my close friends, I want to open it up to the rest of what I would call my community here at bring 4th.

now for the karmic part of it. i lived in sf and faced a similar situation and when faced with the fear of getting roommates, i got my own place instead, i worked at starbucks and i wasn't able to make ends meet to keep my place.

i feel like i've been coming full circle and here i'm given a choice as well. and the fear is pushing me away from trying to set something up with a roommate. antisocial? kinda sorta, and yet still crave social interaction. so maybe not so anti social

i know most of you don't know me very well. though I feel all of you are my equals. I will take any suggestions and incorporate them into how I will decide.

I am set to sign the lease today i think, if i sign it today then money to worry about..
if i don't sign the lease then i need to cut my losses and find a roommate, and then roommate to worry about.

Has anyone been in any similar situations? I wish I could ask my higher self which would be the best situation for me to pursue. I mean I did and do but he hasn't gotten back to me. If he did I didn't notice.

Okay so many not just people good with money, any psychics too? lol

Felix
Just an observation: sounds like getting a roommate would cut costs and would let you confront a fear that could well be a catalyst. That being said, be smart and interview your roomate before jumping into anything.

Shin'Ar

Yes, get your Higher self to pay the bills. he must have quite a bit of money by now after all of these years.
Quick look at your profile shows your from NYC.
Perhaps a move might give you some breathing room?
That said a roommate would cut the rent in half, and lower to an extent the utilities.
Also there is always the generally dubious potential of a second job.

Is living by yourself more desirable than the folding money?
From a practical standpoint, I would say get the roommate. However, if that does not make you feel relief when you say it to yourself, it might not be the best decision for you. 6 months is not a long time--just a blur. Ask yourself what you need to be happy. At a very low point I lost a lot of money, and had to ask myself that. I knew the bottom line was that I could be okay if I could still write.

Another thing I would suggest is to spend some time every day visualizing the end result you want. If you want 50,000 dollars in your bank account, see it. As much as is possible, replace the feelings of fear (which I totally understand) with happy feelings knowing you will be successful. This will require a preconceived replacement scenario, a picture or set of phrases or statements which you can substitute whenever the negative talk is recognized. Even if you can't summon up happy feelings, do the exercise anyway; eventually it will change the way you're thinking.

I did a great exercise the last time I sent a book to my agent. At the last minute I had doubts, and did not want to send the proposal off. I did this exercise: write down your goal 21 times (by hand, not on the computer). It totally worked for me. Half way through, my attitude shifted and my doubts left. I sent off the e-mail and got an immediate response from my agent telling me to send the whole book. The exercise is meant to be done every day. It aligns with all the motivational speakers' advice, such as Tony Robbins and Zig Zeigler, although this is an Eckankar exercise.

The other thing I will mention is shifting the belief system. I don't know how you think, and this may not apply to you, but many people have negative subconscious programs running about money. For instance, "money is the root of all evil" "rich people are *ssholes" "I'm not materialistic" "money doesn't really matter to me" "I'll never win the lottery" etc. Replace these statements; they reinforce a poverty mentality. Let go of them.

I know you will work things out to your advantage.

I worked out of my home for years. (Current business involves phone work.) My office was once a huge garage (4 to 6 cars easy), and now has a separate entrance, and would be perfect as a rental. It would cost me a lot to create a kitchen, and to put a shower into its current half bath,
but the income would be worth it.

Friends want me to do it, but I'm uneasy about another's vibrations in my space. And other than sharing the laundry room, they wouldn't even be in my space.

If you're feeling that way too, then respect and pay attention to that feeling.

Goldenratio asks if "living by yourself more desirable than the folding money?" I ask if folding money is more desirable than peace and sanity?

Instead of getting your own space and then adding a roommate, why not go on interviews to become someone else's roommate in their space? Contract should read that either party may end relationship with one, or two months notice. Much easier to get out if there are problems. And it would erase the fear you seem to have from your sf experience.

Does 2 months left on your contract have to mean the end of your job? Contracts can be renewed, and here too Diana's basic magic works.

I remember when I moved from NYC to Calif., (maybe about your age (?), mid twenties). Everyone told me it would be impossible to find a rental with my dog. I felt certain that it was impossible to consider living without dog, (Gladys at that time), and certain that I would therefore find my place. I did, actually we did.

That certainty in your heart is the magic, as Diana says, "shift the belief system."

I'm sure all of here wish you well.