Bring4th

Full Version: Odes to the Fallen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

Ahktu recently put up a drawing titled Ian, and it reminded me of my friend Ian, who was at one point a guitarist in the band Funeral Circle I was in. He was hit by a truck and killed a few weeks after he decided to leave the band, it was a hit and run. It left a huge impact on not only my life, but the lives of really everyone who knew him. There was something about him that was so pure, he was so polite, so kind and gentle, but at the same time he never held back from being himself, and would sometimes even be quite rude, but if he saw that he hurt someone's feelings he would immediately apologize and express that he was just doing it all in good humour.

However, on the inside he was deeply tortured, and had taken anti-psychotics for much of his life and experienced incredible mood swings, deep depression and a certain fascination with suicide. Although his nature towards others was beautiful, he had such a contempt for himself that it was painful to see. In the short time I knew him, he became one of the best friends I've ever had.

In the couple months before his death I had been working with him, and trying to help him see that he can master his own mind and that he can clear and purify his mind. He was actually starting to make progress before the accident.

I felt this was something that would be worth sharing with everyone here, because in life, death is certainly something everyone can relate to. I also want to make a point here that I have no wish to debate or discuss the philosophies of death in this thread, but rather I would like it to be a monument to all those, all the ancestors, and brethren, who have gone on through the great transformation that is death in to the continuation of the growth of their life and consciousness. We bless any who you have experienced falling, and we open our gateway through the Valley of the West, where the River of Forgetfulness flows, so that any troubled souls may find peace. We bless you, we love you, adonaios.

Brittany

I am the one who is ever by your side,
my blood the impulses which surge within you,
my eyes the blackness you stare within
when the Mystery beckons past all doubt and fear.
When you would leave no stone unturned,
it is beneath the coolness of the earth you shall find me.
Look within me and find the fluidity of your being,
the finite nature of your existence and it‘s utter transcendence.
I am the Transformation of sinew and bone,
the weaving of flesh and spirit,
the shaping of clay and the crackling of fire-
embers from which shall rise the birth of stars.
I stand at each junction, each gateway,
offering you the keys of Life, the keys
to your deepest desires and your greatest power.
I fill the space between each of your breaths,
the web in which is suspended the blueprint of eternity.
I am the Demon and the Savior, the scourge and the olive branch.
I am Fear and I am Solace, the Ferryman to the world beyond worlds.
At the end of each path it is my blackness you fall within.
It is my Voice to which you surrender,
only to emerge from the ashes like a phoenix into New Life.
I am Everything in Nothing, brother to the Void,
father of the fallen who shall ever rise again.
I am the cycle which dances into infinity,
my voice a roar within a whisper, echoing with laughter.
Where are you now
As the fading sky weeps
And lights your way home
Do you remember me
Our shared room
And the meadows full of spring flowers
I saw you walking home
Alone in the dark
And the tree spoke to me of what would happen
I just stood there
In the midst of events I couldn’t change
And watched you stumble away
Do you know I really loved you
I never said so
You were the friend of my childhood
And I miss you miss you miss you
There is no other person like you
My dearest brother
And I hope somehow
Wherever you are
You feel these words in your heart

Brittany

We got a soul train a goin' on this thread.