Bring4th

Full Version: 6 Natural Ways to Improve Brain Health
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

oguz

good article to keep your brain health

http://www.naturalhealthontheweb.com/bra...ain-health

take care

kdsii

Good post!
A combo of fish oil+ginkgo+green tea is great for the mind.
You can tell a definite difference throughout the day.

(07-12-2012, 09:14 AM)oguz Wrote: [ -> ]good article to keep your brain health

http://www.naturalhealthontheweb.com/bra...ain-health

take care

That's a good list. I would add a few things:

Bluegreen algae (crosses blood brain barrier, is rich in neuropeptides that feed the neurotransmitters of the brain)

Ionized water (the brain is 90% water and functions better when hydrated)

Essential oils rich in sesquiterpenes, most notably frankincense, sandalwood, melissa and helichrysum (some oils may be taken internally but most are just used topically) Sesquiterpenes increase oxygen around receptor sites around the pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Research indicates that sesquiterpenes play major role in dissolving petrochemicals known to plug the receptor sites and prevent receptivity of human growth hormone (hGH).

Remove fluoride from the water

Never ever ever drink diet sodas or anything with aspartame!

Avoid caffeine - it actually robs oxygen from the brain. So even though the body is more awake, the brain is actually less awake.

Sleep in total darkness

Read a lot

Reduce video gaming and tv which can hypnotize and reinforce neuropathways in the brain, or at least balance those activities with plenty of reading

Pickle's gadgets!

Minimize alcohol

kdsii

Where do you get edible algae??
I'll have to look this up. I'm not askinga grocery store worker for algae. Hahaha

(07-12-2012, 05:31 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good list. I would add a few things:

Bluegreen algae (crosses blood brain barrier, is rich in neuropeptides that feed the neurotransmitters of the brain)

Kangen Water (the brain is 90% water and functions better when hydrated)

Essential oils rich in sesquiterpenes, most notably frankincense, sandalwood, melissa and helichrysum (some oils may be taken internally but most are just used topically) Sesquiterpenes increase oxygen around receptor sites around the pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Research indicates that sesquiterpenes play major role in dissolving petrochemicals known to plug the receptor sites and prevent receptivity of human growth hormone (hGH).

Remove fluoride from the water

Sleep in total darkness

Read a lot

Reduce video gaming and tv which can hypnotize and reinforce neuropathways in the brain, or at least balance those activities with plenty of reading

Pickle's gadgets!

Minimize alcohol

(07-12-2012, 05:50 PM)kdsii Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you get edible algae??

Me. Wink Send me a pm.

(07-12-2012, 05:31 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ](the brain is 90% water and functions better when hydrated)
A brain composed of 90% water would not be part of a living human. Normal composition is 77-78% water, 10-12% lipids, 8% protein, 1% carbohydrate, 2% soluble organic substances, and 1% inorganic salts (McIlwain, H. and Bachelard, H.S., Biochemistry and the Central Nervous System, Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1985)
(07-12-2012, 11:48 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]A brain composed of 90% water would not be part of a living human. Normal composition is 77-78% water, 10-12% lipids, 8% protein, 1% carbohydrate, 2% soluble organic substances, and 1% inorganic salts (McIlwain, H. and Bachelard, H.S., Biochemistry and the Central Nervous System, Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1985)

Different websites yield different answers:

Quote:Did you know that our brains are 90% water and without plenty of water, our brains don’t work as well as they could? An easy way to be smarter in school is to stay well hydrated. (Hydration means the condition of having adequate fluid in the body tissues.)

from http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/the-imp...ing-water/

Quote:How much percent of your brain is water?

Answer:
About 80%

from http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_perce...z20TUEUUFI

Quote:Most of our tissue and organs are made up of water: -Muscle: 75% water.-Brain: 90% water.-Bone: 22% water.-Blood: 83% water.

http://urfitnessbuilder.com/drinking-wat...ight-loss/

So...70%, 80%, 90%...which is it? Apparently there is much disagreement. You source might be more authoritative so I will concede on this.

More ideas:

Avoid vaccinations

Breastfeed your baby until at least age 2

Practice yoga

I am pretty sure video games do not hypnotize. Or at least not all Wink

That is the problem with generalizations.
I am also guilty of drinking diet coke, but I am at peace with that fact. I love it, understand its "less than optimal" existence, and move on. Balancing that out with a lot of non-fluoride water is fine with me. Also, my brain operates at a high speed whenever it really needs to, although that can be the result of my built-in capabilities passed down to me. Something has to balance out the tendency for early balding, bad eyesight and the teeth Tongue
edible algae, i'd imagine can be found at health food stores. isn't spirulina a type of algae?
A few things.

It's been shown that taking Omega-3 is only useful when you are taking high doses of DHA and EPA Omega-3. You need your tissue concentration of Omega-3 to Omega-6 to be over 50% to attain true benefit. This equates to about 3g of DHA/EPA per day. Read your omega-3 labels and see what you're actually getting and if you're getting enough.

Also, you don't need to consume carbohydrates since your body can synthesize all the glucose and ketones it needs from protein and fatty acids respectively. Complex carbohydrates are thought to be better for you than simple carbohydrates because of less insulin spiking, but that doesn't take into account the fact that gluten, gliadin, and phytic acid cause severe inflammation (which is more damaging than high insulin). So I would consider potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and peas to be much healthier for you than anything made with wheat.
wheat is bad.
Tonight I noticed that my plate was all purple. Purple potatoes, blueberries and blackberries, and purple/red beets.

These would have an amount of monatomic gold, which just happens to help IQ, and the indigo ray.
so what foods help the red and orange rays?
Red and orange skinned foods. I have been paying attention to foods and the effects for a short period. The natural color of the skin of veggies have minerals that affect the corresponding chakra. Fruits will do the same to a lesser extent. It will put more energy into the chakra, but has no effect on blockages.
thanks, that's interesting. kinda like eating things that look like organs help those organs.
Brain is the most essential thing for human beings, without it we can't think anything. So for that we need to give the food items, which are provides great vitamins to the brain. Today more number of people are suffered with some diseases like brain cancer and memory loss etc.. But every diseases we are having solution here.
Natural and effective ways to improve brain health so thanks for sharing link with others. We must exercise daily, add nuts, almonds and raw food in daily meals for healthy brain and lifestyle.

Facial Hyperhidrosis Treatment