Bring4th

Full Version: seeing "The Matrix Revolution" ending during meditation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried searching but couldn't find anything so apologies if this has been posted.

As I sat here meditating, contemplating, well, everything, I was suddenly thrust into the ending of The Matrix where Neo returned to the source and I immediately had this feeling of awe where my mouth literally fell open. Seeing everything made of light then finally seeing the source then plugging back in to be reintegrated harkened back to everything that I have been reading. Even though the movie has a sci-fi twist, I can't help but wonder if the movie was loosely based on the same philosophy.

Meerie

I think you are spot on. I got the Matrix trilogy on DVD and I am pretty sure I heard the Wachowski brothers say in one of the interviews that they are interested in all kinds of philosophy, and what makes the universe tick.. something like that.
They were in the know, same as other filmmakers like David Lynch for example.
I read that David Lynch supposedly got ideas for his TV series Twin peaks (one of the best TV series ever, imo) during meditation.
Matrix was mainly imported from a Japanese anime series actually!

Some anime series hold so much fractals of truth and confusion about oneness and existence, as well as 3D conflicts.

Just gotta love those types of films BigSmile
(07-13-2012, 11:24 AM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help but wonder if the movie was loosely based on the same philosophy.
What philosophy would that be?

(07-14-2012, 03:49 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2012, 11:24 AM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]I can't help but wonder if the movie was loosely based on the same philosophy.

Well, mainly the Law of One as that along with the huge database of channelings is what got me started along this path. I'm not sure whether other belief systems involve the belief that everything is comprised of light as this is the first experience for me
Philosophy and the Matrix: Return to the Source

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/philosoph...he-source/
(07-14-2012, 04:39 PM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, mainly the Law of One as that along with the huge database of channelings is what got me started along this path. I'm not sure whether other belief systems involve the belief that everything is comprised of light as this is the first experience for me
I must have missed the everything-comprised-of-light philosophy in the matrix movies. To me it was about questioning belief systems and surpassing self-imposed limitations.
(07-14-2012, 08:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

I must have missed the everything-comprised-of-light philosophy in the matrix movies. To me it was about questioning belief systems and surpassing self-imposed limitations.

God you can be an ass hole sometimes.
(07-14-2012, 08:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry I wasn't specifically referring to the entire premise of the movie. What caught me during my meditation was that specific scene where everything was comprise for light so my question pertained only to that part. My post wasn't as much as much questioning their philosophical influences but more of a parallel between the Law of One and the ending.
(07-14-2012, 08:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I must have missed the everything-comprised-of-light philosophy in the matrix movies. To me it was about questioning belief systems and surpassing self-imposed limitations.

wasn't it about digital? that everything is digital?
(07-14-2012, 10:00 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]God you can be an ass hole sometimes.
Sagg, I temporarily forgot my forum etiquette where any and all intuitive apprehensions are sacred-cow, pure, and magical according in new-age standards, and therefore must be treated delicately and strictly as rhetorical poetry. Yes, it's analogous to fragile situations such as therapy, relating personal trauma, or like a child who would be offering their earnestly created artwork to parents.

(07-14-2012, 10:16 PM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]My post wasn't as much as much questioning their philosophical influences but more of a parallel between the Law of One and the ending.
Now I see that you were relating an analogy about how all-as-light could be expressed (as a transcendent quality) - I was indeed confused about a shared philosophy.
(07-15-2012, 08:24 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2012, 08:59 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]I must have missed the everything-comprised-of-light philosophy in the matrix movies. To me it was about questioning belief systems and surpassing self-imposed limitations.

It was about everything digital or rather being part of a computer system, but that's like an artistic medium (i.e. Tron) - the allegorical 'world' could have been of anything understood as being mind-like, for example.
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=4916 Wrote:...By employing kindness towards each other, people can overcome all differences between them and come to a satisfactory and happy resolution that is good for all...
(07-15-2012, 10:22 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-14-2012, 10:00 PM)Sagittarius Wrote: [ -> ]God you can be an ass hole sometimes.
Sagg, I temporarily forgot my forum etiquette where any and all intuitive apprehensions are sacred-cow, pure, and magical according in new-age standards, and therefore must be treated delicately and strictly as rhetorical poetry. Yes, it's analogous to fragile situations such as therapy, relating personal trauma, or like a child who would be offering their earnestly created artwork to parents.

(07-14-2012, 10:16 PM)Xradfl Wrote: [ -> ]My post wasn't as much as much questioning their philosophical influences but more of a parallel between the Law of One and the ending.
Now I see that you were relating an analogy about how all-as-light could be expressed (as a transcendent quality) - I was indeed confused about a shared philosophy.
(07-15-2012, 08:24 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

It was about everything digital or rather being part of a computer system, but that's like an artistic medium (i.e. Tron) - the allegorical 'world' could have been of anything understood as being mind-like, for example.

Is that humour I'am picking up from you Zen, and here I thought you where akin to agent smith lol.