Bring4th

Full Version: Foods that Fuel Your Chakras
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Dietary Guidelines for Nourishing Your Energy Centers

When you think about your chakra system you probably aren't considering the types of foods that you consume. Because our chakras are energy vortexes and invisible to most of us one might well imagine that chakras would thrive on energy, prayer, or other such spiritual stuff... you know, those things that we can't see with the human eye. However, the chakras cannot sustain our human body without our help. It is important to feed and nourish the flesh in order to help support and fuel our chakras. Whenever one or more of your chakras is misaligned you might do well to look and see if you are not eating or possibly overeating the foods that fuel that particular chakra.

Chakra Foods

Check out the foods under each of the seven primary chakras below to help you determine how your current diet might be deficient or over-indulgent. We can do our part in helping bring balance to our chakras by eating a balanced diet.

Feeding Your Root Chakra
Grounding
Root vegetables: carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, etc.
Protein-rich foods: eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy products, peanut butter
Spices: horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne, pepper

Feeding Your Sacral Center
Nourishing the Sexual/Creativity Center
Sweet fruits: melons, mangos, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut, etc.
Honey
Nuts: almonds, walnuts, etc.
Spices: cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds, caraway seeds

Feeding Your Solar Plexus Chakra
Boosting Self-Esteem and Encouraging Self-Love
Granola and Grains: pastas, breads, cereal, rices, flax seed, sunflower seeds, etc.
Dairy: milk, cheeses, yogurt
Spices: ginger, mints (peppermint, spearmint, etc.), melissa, chamomile, turmeric, cumin, fennel

Feeding Your Heart Chakra
Healing Emotional Hurts
Leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, dandelion greens, etc.
Air vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, squash, etc.
Liquids: green teas
Spices: basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley

Feeding Your Throat Chakra
Speaking One's Truth
Liquids in general: water, fruit juices, herbal teas
Tart or tangy fruits: lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi
Other tree growing fruits: apples, pears, plums, peaches, apricots, etc.
Spices: salt, lemon grass

Feeding Your Brow Chakra
Awakening Third Eye Senses
Dark bluish colored fruits: blueberries, red grapes, black berries, raspberries, etc.
Liquids: red wines and grape juice
Spices: lavender, poppy seed, mugwort

Feeding Your Crown Chakra
Opening and Clearing the Spiritual Communication Center
Air: fasting / detoxing
Incense and Smudging Herbs: sage, copal, myrrh, frankincense, and juniper
Incense and smudging herbs are not to be eaten but are ritually inhaled through the nostrils or can be smoked through a ceremony pipe for purification purposes.
http://healing.about.com/od/spiritualdie...afoods.htm
Eat plants of all the different colors each day, including flowers.

For example:

Beet
Orange
Yellow Bell Pepper
Spinach
Blueberries
Blackberries (contain indigo)
Nopalea cactus fruit (violet)

You can always add edible flowers too, in the needed color.
Quote:Feeding Your Heart Chakra
Healing Emotional Hurts
Leafy vegetables: spinach, kale, dandelion greens, etc.
Air vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, squash, etc.
Liquids: green teas
Spices: basil, sage, thyme, cilantro, parsley
It appears that removing meat from my diet may not have been the cause of change in compassion, but rather the large increase of greens intake. Interesting.
(07-15-2012, 12:47 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]http://healing.about.com/od/spiritualdie...afoods.htm
For what it's worth, I call total bullshit on this. If anything, body nourishment is related to root chakra. What we experience in the higher chakras is not the results of these foods, but our mental/spiritual awareness/balance irrespective of what types of food we've ingested.
(07-15-2012, 12:55 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Eat plants of all the different colors each day, including flowers.

For example:

Beet
Orange
Yellow Bell Pepper
Spinach
Blueberries
Blackberries (contain indigo)
Nopalea cactus fruit (violet)

You can always add edible flowers too, in the needed color.

I eat sauerkraut everyday. It's good with basil and soya sauce.

Other than that, not many greens.

(07-15-2012, 01:06 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]It appears that removing meat from my diet may not have been the cause of change in compassion, but rather the large increase of greens intake. Interesting.

That makes more sense. And, it's good news for those who still eat meat. It means they don't have to first 'give up' that which they still like, and see no reason to give up because they aren't feeling the compassion yet. So instead of forcing themselves to give it up in order to feel compassion, they could focus on juicing lots of greens, and that will help develop the compassion, and then they will be better able to quit the meat.

(07-15-2012, 01:37 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]For what it's worth, I call total bullshit on this. If anything, body nourishment is related to root chakra. What we experience in the higher chakras is not the results of these foods, but our mental/spiritual awareness/balance irrespective of what types of food we've ingested.

Zen, have you ever done a juice fast?

(07-15-2012, 09:36 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Zen, have you ever done a juice fast?
No. Sounds extreme. What is it indicated for?
(07-15-2012, 01:37 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2012, 12:47 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]http://healing.about.com/od/spiritualdie...afoods.htm
For what it's worth, I call total bullshit on this. If anything, body nourishment is related to root chakra. What we experience in the higher chakras is not the results of these foods, but our mental/spiritual awareness/balance irrespective of what types of food we've ingested.

Seems to me that it is a two way street. Foods can affect the glands which affect the chakras, while changes to the chakras can also affect the glands.
(07-15-2012, 10:47 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]No. Sounds extreme. What is it indicated for?

For learning firsthand that concentrated plant foods do indeed affect the chakras. Wink

(07-15-2012, 10:58 AM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2012, 01:37 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Seems to me that it is a two way street. Foods can affect the glands which affect the chakras, while changes to the chakras can also affect the glands.
OK, to me the primary chakras are completely non-local indicators of balance. There is time/space change due to mental/emotional/spiritual disposition and then this (eventually) effects space/time body (associated gland). You may affect a heightened sensitivity (conscious relationship) or reorientation to a center by fasting or eating, and that new attention may then cause activity. However, in all cases it was not actually the food/drug, but work in consciousness which the new attention possibly afforded.
(07-15-2012, 11:19 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]OK, to me the primary chakras are completely non-local indicators of balance. There is time/space change due to mental/emotional/spiritual disposition and then this (eventually) effects space/time body (associated gland). You may affect a heightened sensitivity (conscious relationship) or reorientation to a center by fasting or eating, and that new attention may then cause activity. However, in all cases it was not actually the food/drug, but work in consciousness which the new attention possibly afforded.

My understanding is that the endocrine system is what connects the physical body to the chakra system.

Quote:According to Cayce, these glands are the point of contact among all our three bodies; in these glands, we can experience the soul and spirit, and through them, these elements can exercise influence the physical vehicle...The glands...allow not only the production of the potential physical energy needed by the body for its metabolic functions, but also cooperate in the production of energy to be directed to the mental and the spiritual bodies. Cayce believed that the endocrine system was a pathway to reach and understand God.

The idea of thinking about the glands as connective points that link us with our spirit is not really a novelty. For the philosopher Plato, the thymus was an organ that was part of the soul...It is through these amazing mini-powerhouse-chakras that our physical body receives the energy to perform healing inside of itself. Our mental attitudes are not detached from our physical behavior... everything is influenced by our endocrine system because they act directly over our sensorial system.

...In the Hindu tradition, there are other important organs pertaining of all the human bodies; the chakras. The chakras are the keys for the human personality, and they act just as a gland, with precise function to process, and metabolize energy and keep it distributed through the entire system. Each one of these centers detains a colorful vibration, one of the four elements, an astrological sign and the influence of one planet...The Pituitary and Pineal glands are the highest glands located inside our bodies. They are related to the Light that can develop only though silence.

from http://humanityhealing.net/2012/02/the-h...ne-glands/

(07-15-2012, 11:19 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]OK, to me the primary chakras are completely non-local indicators of balance. There is time/space change due to mental/emotional/spiritual disposition and then this (eventually) effects space/time body (associated gland). You may affect a heightened sensitivity (conscious relationship) or reorientation to a center by fasting or eating, and that new attention may then cause activity. However, in all cases it was not actually the food/drug, but work in consciousness which the new attention possibly afforded.

I have to agree with this.

I think the care and attention manifested in consciousness then radiates out into behaviours and actions. The changes occur in mind first, then find manifestion through choices in the physical plane.

I think there is a mistaking of the end result with the drivers that initiated the change.
(07-15-2012, 11:03 AM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2012, 10:47 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]No. Sounds extreme. What is it indicated for?
For learning firsthand that concentrated plant foods do indeed affect the chakras. Wink
Monica, I have fasted and also know that food and drugs reorient our patterning - mainly on a mental level. This new disposition allows access to (what is indicated by) chakras where a previous pattern possibly did not. In all cases, it is not the food that is primary but our awareness. It's like shining light in a dark area in order to reveal something for investigation.

(07-15-2012, 11:33 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Monica, I have fasted and also know that food and drugs reorient our patterning - mainly on a mental level. This new disposition allows access to (what is indicated by) chakras where a previous pattern possibly did not. In all cases, it is not the food that is primary but our awareness. It's like shining light in a dark area in order to reveal something for investigation.

So you're acknowledging that food affects our mental disposition but you just consider that secondary? Is that what you are saying?

If so, I would agree with that. However, I think foods can be used as important tools. We know that the Sun isn't just a ball of fire. It's a community of higher beings engaging in ongoing sexual activity. Plants capture that sunlight and make the energy available to us.

(07-15-2012, 12:01 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]So you're acknowledging that food affects our mental disposition but you just consider that secondary? Is that what you are saying?
I am saying that food/drugs do support/modify our mental orientation and patterning. And just as our immune system needs to recognize a foreign body as such to provide balance between ourselves and environment, so does our awareness ultimately need to recognize the self to provide balance. It is (only) that recognition/awareness which affects the chakras, regardless of food (and drugs) which may have provided some novel mental orientation to self. Ra did say it is necessary to know the body well.

(07-15-2012, 11:19 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]You may affect a heightened sensitivity (conscious relationship) or reorientation to a center by fasting or eating, and that new attention may then cause activity. However, in all cases it was not actually the food/drug, but work in consciousness which the new attention possibly afforded.

So you are saying there is a secondary effect, or side effect. That is fine. Food happened to cause a shift in myself, as it has for many people. Some people use stones for this, some use colors. What you may be more comfortable with is saying that these are "aids".

(07-15-2012, 12:19 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2012, 11:19 AM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]You may affect a heightened sensitivity (conscious relationship) or reorientation to a center by fasting or eating, and that new attention may then cause activity. However, in all cases it was not actually the food/drug, but work in consciousness which the new attention possibly afforded.

So you are saying there is a secondary effect, or side effect. That is fine. Food happened to cause a shift in myself, as it has for many people. Some people use stones for this, some use colors. What you may be more comfortable with is saying that these are "aids".
Colors, sounds, smells, massage, yoga, reiki, psychotherapy, qigong, acupuncture, etc - same thing - recognition of (some aspect of) self through reorientation. Regardless of catalyst used, the chakras will simply reflect the state of one's current balance and conscious orientation (and crown/violet chakra reflecting non-circumstantial orientation from all prior work).

(07-15-2012, 12:42 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Colors, sounds, smells, massage, yoga, reiki, psychotherapy, qigong, acupuncture, etc - same thing - recognition of (some aspect of) self through reorientation. Regardless of catalyst used, the chakras will simply reflect the state of one's current balance and conscious orientation (and crown/violet chakra reflecting non-circumstantial orientation from all prior work).

I agree but I also think it's more than that. I think the physical can affect the spiritual also. I think it works both ways.

(07-16-2012, 01:09 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2012, 12:42 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Colors, sounds, smells, massage, yoga, reiki, psychotherapy, qigong, acupuncture, etc - same thing - recognition of (some aspect of) self through reorientation. Regardless of catalyst used, the chakras will simply reflect the state of one's current balance and conscious orientation (and crown/violet chakra reflecting non-circumstantial orientation from all prior work).

I agree but I also think it's more than that. I think the physical can affect the spiritual also. I think it works both ways.
Not sure what you mean by 'works both ways'. "The body is the creature of the mind and is the instrument of manifestation for the fruits of mind and spirit. Therefore, you may see the body as providing the athanor through which the alchemist manifests gold." The body, created by mind, is how spirit is actualized through feedback to mind. It's a loop with direction. the "incoming energies are pulled upwards according to the distortions of each energy center and the strength of will or desire emanating from the awareness of inner light."
Adding/removing from the "loop" should change the whole loop.
(07-16-2012, 11:59 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Adding/removing from the "loop" should change the whole loop.
I think that's the point of 'incarnation'? The feedback loop includes all catalyst which the (intelligently-designed) body is able to provide to the mind.
In the ultimate grounded state you would be a part of that molten center of this planet.Tongue

Ah, I should have quoted who I replied to LMAO! Guess they got the bot boot.Tongue
Here ya go. This pretty much sums it up!

Ergh, either that is a piece of cheese or bread in the pie shape cut.

At least no meat lmao!
Yup, no drumstick in there.Tongue
(07-31-2012, 07:15 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]Ergh, either that is a piece of cheese or bread in the pie shape cut.

OOPS!! Blush I'm on a very small laptop and didn't catch that. I thought it was all fruits and veggies.

(07-31-2012, 07:15 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]At least no meat lmao!
Yup, no drumstick in there.Tongue

Whew!
So I have been helping my wife to focus on balancing her lower chakras so that she stays out of her self defeating mentality. While working on something else a thought was planted in my head. I consulted my guides and yes, the color of veggies do have a generic effect on the corresponding chakras.

While it has no direct effect on blockages it will have an indirect effect as it keeps the particular chakras operating. This has a similar function as certain stones that can shut down or overdrive a chakra. If the chakra is balanced it is much easier to breeze through catalyst.
Another sentence had been placed in my head as well while sidetracked with something else.

My wife complains that she gains weight around the hips and legs even though she has the almost perfect diet.

The words put into my head had to do with the fact that she gains that weight as one way the body is trying to ground itself out. This happened to link in with her root chakra being shut down.

So weight gain in a particular area may mean the governing chakra is running weak.
Interesting you should mention the colours relating to chakras thing, as it's something that I was thinking about while buying my lunch yesterday. I was wondering what to eat and my internal guidance system said "eat something orange" BigSmile