Bring4th

Full Version: Balancing Energy Centers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed repeated queries about balancing the energy centers and wish to make some comments. It's been some years since I read the Ra Material, so I cannot quo'te (so to speak) chapter and verse; but perhaps someone with more recent familiarity can verify, qualify or correct what I have to offer. In any event, this might serve to suggest a more clarified path of inquiry...or not.

What is an Energy Blockage?
It might be compared to a muscle in spasm. It's an "area" (non-physical) where energy cannot pass along in a salubrious fashion (as it does now through my finger muscles as I type this), but the energy is stuck, causing inflammation.

Muscles, of course, can only either contract or relax. They are paired with opposing muscles which--when tone is good--can contract as the other relaxes enabling co-ordinated movement. The better the tone, the more capacity for movement, essentially.

Sometimes when I get a spasm along my spine I can feel it's exact location alongside the vertebrae and I can contract it's "opponent" (or "partner") on the opposite side of my spine. If things aren't too badly inflamed, gently contracting the non-spasming muscle can coax the spasming side to stretch out and relax. It's a great feeling when it works. Obviously, it takes some amount of time, discipline and discernment to learn to do this.

Back to energy nexes. Just as a sure sign of a back spasm is unusually attention-getting pain and a general sense of being out of joint, energy blockages tend to become obvious in a similar way. For example, that person who always sets you off, the task you can never finish, the quirky or perhaps quite threatening thing that scares the hell out of you.

The other day I had to give a 30 minute presentation at a public meeting about neighborhood wildfire issues. A few days before I found myself feeling a bit of stage fright. So, first, I had to locate the spasm or blockage. First stop was my yellow ray, social center.

To cut a long story short, by exploring the feelings and tracking them inwardly I found the following. I found fear that I might falter and be found deficient. At some point thence I glanced towards a neighbor who lives downhill from me and recalled a time I once snidely joked that I look down on my neighbors. Putting those two together, I realized there's a dynamic stagnation there between pointing out other peoples' deficiencies and fear that my own will be exposed.

At that point I could feel the matter drop right down to my first chakra (red ray department) as the issue transformed into a fear for my survival. Why, I had to ask. Answer: (internal belief) There's not enough love for me in this world to sustain me.

Okay, this is a place I've been before. So, I held that spasm, that blockage of congealed fear, with all the love I could open to. I wasn't trying to "change it," but just offer it inclusion in the form of warmth and caring.

By that point the stage fright was totally distracted. Or, rather, it was absorbed into the warmth and inclusion.

Soooooooooooo, I hope this gives some idea of what "efficient use of catalyst" might mean, as well as "balancing energies." Also, it points out a way to apply inquiry, discernment and caring. The deeper one goes and goes and goes and goes into balancing (or toning) these spasms, the more flexibility one has to respond to the stimulus in the ever-present present moment. Additionally, one could say that it's through discovering these hidden inner dramas that one also frees up one's capacity to offer the richness of her story to the oft-mentioned, but never seen, one Creatrix.
(10-16-2009, 11:17 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed repeated queries about balancing the energy centers and wish to make some comments.

Thank you Peregrine, and also thank you for joining the forum. I've really enjoyed reading your posts in the STS thread.

Your post on the chakras and use of catalyst is well timed. I've recently endeavored to take on the chakra archetype system as a means of tuning my own system in the hopes of finding greater harmony with myself and otherselves. This is especially helpful because I'm still learning what it is exactly to recognize a blocked chakra and then to unblock it.

It sounds to me (correct me if I'm off) that after you first realize something my be wrong (not getting work done, conflict with someone, etc) you try to identify the very essence of the problem. Do you go straight to the root (red ray) chakra first to see if it is relevant, then move upwards until the problem is identified? I'm a little fuzzy still on how to actively unblock as well. Do you hold the emotion of the problem in the fore-front of your mind and embrace it, then let go (as I have heard before)? Or do you seek the love in the moment, etc? It sounds from your post that you simply processed in a cerebral way what it was that was spooking you and found it's opposite energy, is that right?

Also since you obviously know your chakras, I have a question. The Ra material puts sexuality in with the red ray chakra, but a book I recently purchased (The Wheels of Life) says this is a yellow ray function. It seems to me it could fit both of them at the same time. Red ray if you (ahem) are not engaged with any otherselves or have some sexual hangup that is you-based, and yellow (or possibly orange??) if you are engaged with someone else. Any ideas?
Hi there, L. Nice to make your acquaintance.

As far as tracking the energy of one's personal disturbances, I start with the most obvious evidence and then proceed inwards from there. It's like trying to find a bad smell in the kitchen. First you check the most likely sources (places you've found rotten food in the past). If that fails, then you just have to snoop around following your nose, poking into things until the trail picks up, as it were.

Obviously, it's a developed skill. So, if you're interested, the best thing is to develope the skill, I would say.

It may have sounded cognitive--owing to my not-quite-balanced bias in that direction--but the process is more like sitting down with a friend who's trying to sort out her troubles and mirroring back to her what she indicates. So she says "I'm really upset about X!" "Oh, you're very upset about X." "Yes, he made me so angry yesterday." "He made you angry yesterday." Yes, I felt so belittled when told me..." Oh, you felt belittled." "Yes, I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die. I'm so mad at him!"

So, up until the last statement (outwardly directed) we're heading into orange ray territory, the land of self acceptance and personal vitality/worth.

If you can do that with yourself--not that it's so easy--but if you can do that and keep your composure (that part might make it sound analytical), then you can travel along until the path reaches a resting point. At that stage your simple presence can sometimes "break the enchantment." If it's a deeper problem and your self is at a state of rest with the problem and with your presence, you can begin to introduce opposing energies appropriate to the situation. Example: "You must be really cramped in that position, would you like to wiggle your toes?" Or "Aren't you tired of lying there now, wouldn't you like to go for a walk in the woods?" If it's not reached a level of comfort with your presence, you may have to stay with it for a period of time or return to it later or call in higher help for an intervention. Sometimes the whole deal, when it shifts, transforms into a further follow-your-nose adventure like mine did when it dropped into the red zone.

Now, the above is an imaginative retelling--so to say--of a process that happens energetically. If you can imagine all of that compressed and made more efficient, then a re-read of my first post might make more sense. In other words, you begin to perceive more information in the energy and your energetic responses contain more intelligence. Of course, as this goes on you run into all manner of opportunities to enjoy self-deception...but that's another story.

Hope that's of some use.

As for sex being a yellow-ray event, I'd say it's conceivable (ha ha), but not likely. There are some wicked cool Ra passages about sex of many colors, if you will. For your own part, you might revisit some of your own adventures in a quiet time and private space and try to sniff out for yourself where the energy is bubbling.

~P
I notice that this thread was moved from "Strictly Law of One". Is there a site policy on what constitutes appropriate material for "Strictly Law of One"? I'm a little surprised that it was moved, because the work of balancing energy centers would seem to be central to applying the Law of One teachings.
(10-20-2009, 08:56 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]I notice that this thread was moved from "Strictly Law of One". Is there a site policy on what constitutes appropriate material for "Strictly Law of One"? I'm a little surprised that it was moved, because the work of balancing energy centers would seem to be central to applying the Law of One teachings.

Got me. [Doesn't seem to make much difference in general interest (very little).]

It doesn't specifically quote L/L material. Maybe that's why?

Thanks for noticing.

~P
(10-19-2009, 10:06 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, L. Nice to make your acquaintance.

And you as well! Thank you for explaining your process. I'm looking forward to trying it out- unfortunately (??) I haven't had any catalytic opportunities since we've started talking. Tongue

(10-19-2009, 10:06 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]As for sex being a yellow-ray event, I'd say it's conceivable (ha ha), but not likely. There are some wicked cool Ra passages about sex of many colors, if you will. For your own part, you might revisit some of your own adventures in a quiet time and private space and try to sniff out for yourself where the energy is bubbling.

So are you basically saying that something like sexuality could belong in any chakra, or that it primarily lives in one chakra (say, red) and then be expressed with other chakras? I'm still a bit confused there.
(10-21-2009, 04:44 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2009, 10:06 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there, L. Nice to make your acquaintance.

And you as well! Thank you for explaining your process. I'm looking forward to trying it out- unfortunately (??) I haven't had any catalytic opportunities since we've started talking. Tongue

(10-19-2009, 10:06 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]As for sex being a yellow-ray event, I'd say it's conceivable (ha ha), but not likely. There are some wicked cool Ra passages about sex of many colors, if you will. For your own part, you might revisit some of your own adventures in a quiet time and private space and try to sniff out for yourself where the energy is bubbling.

So are you basically saying that something like sexuality could belong in any chakra, or that it primarily lives in one chakra (say, red) and then be expressed with other chakras? I'm still a bit confused there.

Hi there, L.

Well, it's been some years since I've read through the Ra Material (and I'm thinking I should re-read it soon), but my recollection is that sexual reproductive energy has it's home, so to say, in the red ray center (associated with life/death issues). The energy which builds there can either remain there (as an expression of impersonal sexual relations) or be employed in the next chakra (expression/exploration of personal and inter-personal--meaning one on one--relations). If one were engaging in sex for social purposes (however that might work), that might involve expression in the yellow ray center. Beyond that, if the energy is not fixated in the first three cakras, one can learn to allow the flow energize the heart center (or it can happen spontaneously). And so on up the line. There's a long passage in the Material about this. If I knew better how to search for it, I'd look it up.

Evidently, it's similar to all experience. It is offered first to the red ray chakra. If there's no concern for life safety matters, then it's offered to the second cakra, and so on. So, if you step off the curb and see a bus thundering towards you, under normal conditions, your first reaction won't be "Oh, I just love that grey color!" More likely, you'll hop up on the curb and react to the color after your energy system calms down. It's something like that with sex. If you're afraid of it (and that might be appropriate, given some particular circumstance) or if you're otherwise exulting in the primal emotion of it, then red ray is as far as it goes.

As for recent catalytic experiences, the more subtle they are, the easier they are to work with. If you care to, you can practice the same or similar processes with subtle aversions you might notice yourself having. Quite possibly, these will lead you to companion aversions and on and on... It could be one way to practice more fully opening up to love, the essence.

Take care and have fun.
~P
(10-21-2009, 06:13 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]There's a long passage in the Material about this. If I knew better how to search for it, I'd look it up.

One place to look: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?cat...y+Transfer
(10-21-2009, 07:42 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2009, 06:13 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]There's a long passage in the Material about this. If I knew better how to search for it, I'd look it up.

One place to look: http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?cat...y+Transfer

Thanks, Bath., and thanks again for that lawofone.info site. That's intriguing.

~P
(10-21-2009, 06:13 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]So, if you step off the curb and see a bus thundering towards you, under normal conditions, your first reaction won't be "Oh, I just love that grey color!" More likely, you'll hop up on the curb and react to the color after your energy system calms down.

Hey Peregrine,

This makes a lot of sense. Coincidentally (a synchronicity perhaps) I had a chance to think about this concept this morning on my way to work, as I got mixed up in an almost-car accident. In examining my reaction to the situation retrospectively, my first thoughts as this happened were all centered red ray, that is my first impulse was to slam on the brakes and successfully avoid the collision. Then almost immediately after this I shifted in to orange ray territory with the resulting flow of relief / emotion from the event, and my questioning of my degree of contribution to it happening. After about ten minutes thinking on this, my mind wandered in to orange ray as I began to think about how this may have effected the other driver, what he must have been thinking / feeling, how much or little he was at fault, and how I can avoid this from happening in the future. Lastly I spent some time (parked of course) dwelling in green ray as I sent out forgiveness and love to myself and this other fellow.
(10-22-2009, 11:57 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2009, 06:13 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]So, if you step off the curb and see a bus thundering towards you, under normal conditions, your first reaction won't be "Oh, I just love that grey color!" More likely, you'll hop up on the curb and react to the color after your energy system calms down.

Hey Peregrine,

This makes a lot of sense. Coincidentally (a synchronicity perhaps) I had a chance to think about this concept this morning on my way to work, as I got mixed up in an almost-car accident. In examining my reaction to the situation retrospectively, my first thoughts as this happened were all centered red ray, that is my first impulse was to slam on the brakes and successfully avoid the collision. Then almost immediately after this I shifted in to orange ray territory with the resulting flow of relief / emotion from the event, and my questioning of my degree of contribution to it happening. After about ten minutes thinking on this, my mind wandered in to orange ray as I began to think about how this may have effected the other driver, what he must have been thinking / feeling, how much or little he was at fault, and how I can avoid this from happening in the future. Lastly I spent some time (parked of course) dwelling in green ray as I sent out forgiveness and love to myself and this other fellow.

Bravo! Good use of catalyst and awareness to observe your energy states. Isn't it funny how our life lived in any of these different states can be such a different experience, even in identical circumstances?
(10-22-2009, 11:57 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]In examining my reaction to the situation retrospectively, my first thoughts as this happened were all centered red ray, that is my first impulse was to slam on the brakes and successfully avoid the collision. Then almost immediately after this I shifted in to orange ray territory with the resulting flow of relief / emotion from the event, and my questioning of my degree of contribution to it happening. After about ten minutes thinking on this, my mind wandered in to orange ray as I began to think about how this may have effected the other driver, what he must have been thinking / feeling, how much or little he was at fault, and how I can avoid this from happening in the future. Lastly I spent some time (parked of course) dwelling in green ray as I sent out forgiveness and love to myself and this other fellow.

Great example, Lavazza. Just wondering -- do you mean yellow for the second orange above?
(10-22-2009, 05:33 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Great example, Lavazza. Just wondering -- do you mean yellow for the second orange above?

Whoops, yes, I meant to say yellow. Starting from red, to orange, to yellow, to green. And now I suppose blue since I'm telling you about it as well as having made a note in my catalyst journal. Smile

Now if I could just relive it in my third eye I'll be invoking my indigo chakra... and I suppose the violet chakra will have to wait until such a time as when I return the experience to the creator. Smile
Smile

(That was too short for the forum software to accept, so I'm adding this sentence.)
Hey Peregrine,

Was thinking lately, where does the feeling of disappointment fall in line with regard to energy centers? Or does that even make sense to ask...

How about guilt?

Also, have you ever run in to a situation where you just can't for the life of you figure out where you might have an energy blockage, but suspect that you have one nevertheless? How did you figure that out, or did you?

Sorry for the (semi-intentionally) vague questions.

And happy Halloween!
(10-30-2009, 06:28 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Peregrine,

Was thinking lately, where does the feeling of disappointment fall in line with regard to energy centers? Or does that even make sense to ask...

How about guilt?
I would ask, disappointment with what? Guilt about what? If you can answer that, you move along from there.

Quote:Also, have you ever run in to a situation where you just can't for the life of you figure out where you might have an energy blockage, but suspect that you have one nevertheless? How did you figure that out, or did you?

Surely you jest. All the time!

Blockages having to with immediate catalyst are a lot easier to identify, obviously, because you just received a big clue. When it comes to more subtle things or long term things, it can be a whole lot harder.

For whatever it might be worth to you, here's what I do. First, I concentrate on the disturbance as much as I can. This might have some salubrious affect on the vagueness. Then I keep my eyes peeled for external clues (not necessarily direct catalyst) that give me a pang that feels reminiscent of said vague disturbance. It could be something I read or observe or remember or think, etc. At that point I do my best to follow the pathway inside to the area of the pang.

Honestly, sometimes it can take months or years if you're working on especially deep stuff.

I went through a period of 7 years working with a psychic who was quite adept at reading such disturbances. The catch was, in order for her to get clarity, I had to able to sit in the feelings of the disturbance fairly deeply, so I had to learn (using instinct) to do that even if they were vague. After some time of doing that, I found that not only could I find this stuff more efficiently and sit in it more efficiency, but I could also clear it more efficiently than she could. Funny thing was, the more I got into it, the more disturbing were the disturbances I found. [e.g., strong connections to heavy negative stuff owing to a rather complex c.v.] So, I guess that's the caveat: while it feels good to disentangle the inner strands of being, you might not like everything you discover. Sometimes that's why the process can take years. Sometimes vague feels more comforting.
Thanks for continuing on with me, I'm learning much from you!

(10-30-2009, 08:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I would ask, disappointment with what? Guilt about what? If you can answer that, you move along from there.

Indeed! Would you also say that something such as guilt or disappointment only makes sense as applied to the lower chakras? (green and below)? I'm having trouble seeing how something like guilt could be applied to the indigo chakra for example. In that sense, is there a division between "earthly" chakras and more divine ones?

(10-30-2009, 08:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Blockages having to with immediate catalyst are a lot easier to identify, obviously, because you just received a big clue. When it comes to more subtle things or long term things, it can be a whole lot harder.

For whatever it might be worth to you, here's what I do. First, I concentrate on the disturbance as much as I can. This might have some salubrious affect on the vagueness. Then I keep my eyes peeled for external clues (not necessarily direct catalyst) that give me a pang that feels reminiscent of said vague disturbance. It could be something I read or observe or remember or think, etc. At that point I do my best to follow the pathway inside to the area of the pang.

Honestly, sometimes it can take months or years if you're working on especially deep stuff.

I went through a period of 7 years working with a psychic who was quite adept at reading such disturbances. The catch was, in order for her to get clarity, I had to able to sit in the feelings of the disturbance fairly deeply, so I had to learn (using instinct) to do that even if they were vague. After some time of doing that, I found that not only could I find this stuff more efficiently and sit in it more efficiency, but I could also clear it more efficiently than she could. Funny thing was, the more I got into it, the more disturbing were the disturbances I found. [e.g., strong connections to heavy negative stuff owing to a rather complex c.v.] So, I guess that's the caveat: while it feels good to disentangle the inner strands of being, you might not like everything you discover. Sometimes that's why the process can take years. Sometimes vague feels more comforting.

Thanks for sharing your process. Smile
(11-02-2009, 12:24 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for continuing on with me, I'm learning much from you!

No problem. Glad to help. It's a weird business and hard to wrap one's head around.

You should see what my head looks like! (ha ha)

BTW, I'm no expert. I've just maybe made more mistakes than you have.

(10-30-2009, 08:11 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]I would ask, disappointment with what? Guilt about what? If you can answer that, you move along from there.

Quote:Indeed! Would you also say that something such as guilt or disappointment only makes sense as applied to the lower chakras? (green and below)? I'm having trouble seeing how something like guilt could be applied to the indigo chakra for example. In that sense, is there a division between "earthly" chakras and more divine ones?

In my experience guilt, shame and the like are some of the stickiest problems to deal with because they intrinsically repel any assistance offered. They prefer to hide in the shadows. And shadows can occur anywhere you can search, basically.

Starting from below and looking at guilt (since you keep bringing that up),it's easy to imagine deep-seated guilt over loving too much or too little or in improper circumstances or love being traumatically terminated. It's easy to imagine guilt over knowing too much or too little or things judged improper. In the indigo center, those who are adept can certainly screw around with things in consciousness and mess them up and, consequently, feel guilty.
Internal Editor Wrote:Is it just me or is this starting to read like an advice column??
All that being said, you're right, in my opinion, that such emotions are more in their element in the lower chakras. As I've seen it, things get really messy when a problem in an higher chakra resoundingly resonates something like shame in a lower area. There's a common tendency to look at it above without dealing with it below, in part just because the stuff below is in a medium which is muckier and more difficult to work with.

It's not for nothing that Ra/Q'uo recommend cleaning up the lower chakras before playing around in the others. Otherwise you can create energy surges that can be quite unnerving, one could say.
Internal Editor Wrote:Is it just me or is this starting to read like an advice column??

That may be exactly what this is, and please don't shy from it Smile Thanks again!