Bring4th

Full Version: On the nature of humour and it's uses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first query in The Law of One book III session 57, where Ra mentions that Carla's "distortion towards a sense of humour" got me thinking about what humour is. Reflection on the topic of humour lead me to realize that humour is a powerful survival adaptation for living in third density. It creates a sort of buffer between all the negative concepts floating around and our sorely out of tune minds. By making jokes and and parodising the things which we fear most we can create a sort of emotional space between them and us, allowing us to internalize something that might otherwise cause us to become more distorted and trapped in the met of karma.

Of course humour is just as powerful for those seeking to serve themselves . . . are you laughing with me or at me Wink

Meerie

Funny you opened this thread, haha, it reminds me of a similar one I started some time ago:

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2468

Agree, humour is a very powerful and beneficial tool.
Smile
What I remember most about my near death was bliss. Laughter along with love and learning, and complete acceptance. The word "bliss" barely qualifies, but it's the best I can do.

Joy and humour are Divine.
(07-19-2012, 02:00 AM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Of course humour is just as powerful ...

I believe that Ra calls it 'the light touch'. Sort of goes hand in hand with a joyful disposition, which I associate with the full realisation of positive polarity.

for some reason, I think of negative entities as being quite sad and depressed all the time. Their plans of universal domination being always thwarted by the irrepresible love of the cosmos BigSmile