Bring4th

Full Version: GNM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:LOO Book III, Session 66

Catalyst is offered to the entity. If it is not used by the mind complex it will then filter through to the body complex and manifest as some form of physical distortion. The more efficient the use of catalyst, the less physical distortion to be found.

While studying GNM, German New Medicine, I remembered this quote from Ra's teachings. The missed opportunity for catalyst of the mind is handed down as an opportunity for the body.

Quote:German New Medicine
http://learninggnm.com/home.html
A disease (physical distortion) is triggered by a “conflict shock” (catalyst), an emotionally distressful situation that we could not anticipate and for which we were not prepared. This unexpected conflict shock involves not only the psyche but also the brain and body.
In order to assist the individual during such an unanticipated crisis, a "Significant Biological Special Program", created for exactly that particular situation, is instantly set into motion. These are age-old meaningful survival programs, inherent in all organisms, including us humans.
My summary

GNM is based on a simple set of 5 laws yet it is not easy to understand. Probably because it requires a complete paradigm shift in our present ideas of what diseases are.
In my humble opinion GNM connects very well to the ideas offered by Ra, even though it seems based on strictly mechanical thinking.
It has a positive and liberating effect as it puts choice back in the hands of the individual. Choice of the way one experiences the healing process. Thus providing a different and probably more efficient opportunity for experiencing the handed down catalyst than in the passive situation of contemporary medical practice.

Any ideas anyone?
Hello Bik, I am willing to discuss with you the apparent similarities and differences between Law of One and German New Medicine. I am not an expert in either field, but I have done a fair amount of study about both texts, and about related metaphysical and holistic health ideas from other sources.

I would guess your user name is "Bik the Newbie?"

Let's start with "the first biological law," from the site you linked.

First criterion:

GNM refers to conflict shock or a DHS as "an emotionally distressful situation that we could not anticipate and for which we were not prepared."

From a physical point of view, I can understand how we can be utterly unprepared for a surprising, overwhelming shock.

Yet from a metaphysical view, there is the point of view that catalyst is brought into our lives by our higher selves, and is never more than we can handle for our spiritual evolution. Thus right from the start, there is a potential conflict between Law of One and GNM.

Second criterion:

GNM points out that conflicting or negative events can have different effects depending on how we interpret them and assign meaning. "We can suffer these conflicts also in a figurative sense. For example, a “territorial loss conflict” can translate into the loss of a home or a workplace, an “attack conflict” can be experienced through an offending remark, an “abandonment conflict” can be caused by feeling isolated and excluded from “the pack”, or a “death-fright conflict” can be triggered by a diagnosis shock that is perceived as a death-sentence....

If, for example, a woman is unexpectedly faced with a separation from her partner, this does not necessarily mean that she suffers a “separation conflict” in biological terms. The DHS can also be experienced as an “abandonment conflict” (affecting the kidneys, or a “self-devaluation conflict” (affecting the bones, resulting potentially in osteoporosis, or a “loss conflict” (affecting the ovaries). Also, what one person experiences as a “self-devaluation conflict”, can be experienced quite differently by another person. For a third person the event could be totally irrelevant.
"

I believe that Law of One, and most psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists, therapists, spiritual seekers and channeled sources, would all agree with the idea that what matters most is not the "catalyst" itself, but our interpretations and responses.

I also think that therapists would emphasize that these interpretations may come from conditioned or unconscious reactions that associate events with what they "have to" mean to us. While some metaphysical teachers would extend these associations to distressing, perhaps even life-ending, experiences in past lives. I don't see that GNM addresses the source of these emotional associations, only their effects on the person once triggered.

Third criterion:

"The psyche, the brain, and the corresponding organ are three levels of ONE unified organism that always works in synchronicity." I think Ra would totally agree, since Ra referred to individual people as "mind/body/spirit complexes."

Therefore, an illness reaction is, to GNM, "an unexpected, highly acute, and isolating conflict shock that occurs simultaneously in the PSYCHE, the BRAIN, and on the corresponding ORGAN." I think that Law of One would agree that a single event could manifest in these multiple levels.

Additional concepts in this page:

"Special biological programs" are inherent within human physiology, to deal with extreme situations of loss, threat, etc. Not sure if that concept is dealt with at all in Law of One.

These programs are run automatically when there is a perception of a very extreme circumstance. As discussed above, what triggers this perception/interpretation may be different for different people. Law of One does deal with the importance of how we interpret events, but I don't know if it refers to automatic/conditioned responses rather than our conscious interpretations of freewill choice.

The running of these programs can be measured as rings in CT images of the brain. I don't think Ra discussed anything of the type. In addition, it is hard to evaluate this GNM claim since there is apparently only one document, in German, outside of GNM material that addresses this claim.

Well there is some catalyst for your consideration, I hope none of it was too shocking or more than you could handle. Wink
Hello Questioner, thank you for taking the time to study the material and reply. I have started learning not long ago about GNM and try to interpret it in real life. It struck me that GNM might show the mechanism that hands down catalyst of the mind to the body.

GNM: If we are not prepared for the conflict shock, it develops into a disease.
Ra: If we cannot process the catalyst with the mind complex it is handed down to the body complex for another chance of processing it.

I'll post another reply to address your post in detail. Smile
(10-25-2009, 11:12 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Bik, I am willing to discuss with you the apparent similarities and differences between Law of One and German New Medicine. I am not an expert in either field, but I have done a fair amount of study about both texts, and about related metaphysical and holistic health ideas from other sources.

I would guess your user name is "Bik the Newbie?"

This is quite correct. As my learn/teaching continues I hope to become "bikpro" eventually Wink

Quote:Let's start with "the first biological law," from the site you linked.

First criterion:

GNM refers to conflict shock or a DHS as "an emotionally distressful situation that we could not anticipate and for which we were not prepared."

From a physical point of view, I can understand how we can be utterly unprepared for a surprising, overwhelming shock.

Yet from a metaphysical view, there is the point of view that catalyst is brought into our lives by our higher selves, and is never more than we can handle for our spiritual evolution. Thus right from the start, there is a potential conflict between Law of One and GNM.

The way I see it, catalyst is offered for us to accept with our free will. If at first we do not accept it with the mind complex, a second chance is offered to process it in the form of the discomfort associated with a "disease". I see no conflict.
We could develop our state of mind so that it lessens the chance of a shock to surprise us. In that case we will be able to process the catalyst in the mind complex. And like you, I am convinced the amount of catalyst offered is within our ability to handle it.
A clever higher self will foresee both chances and adjust the offered catalyst accordingly.

Quote:Second criterion:

GNM points out that conflicting or negative events can have different effects depending on how we interpret them and assign meaning. "We can suffer these conflicts also in a figurative sense. For example, a “territorial loss conflict” can translate into the loss of a home or a workplace, an “attack conflict” can be experienced through an offending remark, an “abandonment conflict” can be caused by feeling isolated and excluded from “the pack”, or a “death-fright conflict” can be triggered by a diagnosis shock that is perceived as a death-sentence....

If, for example, a woman is unexpectedly faced with a separation from her partner, this does not necessarily mean that she suffers a “separation conflict” in biological terms. The DHS can also be experienced as an “abandonment conflict” (affecting the kidneys, or a “self-devaluation conflict” (affecting the bones, resulting potentially in osteoporosis, or a “loss conflict” (affecting the ovaries). Also, what one person experiences as a “self-devaluation conflict”, can be experienced quite differently by another person. For a third person the event could be totally irrelevant.
"

I believe that Law of One, and most psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists, therapists, spiritual seekers and channeled sources, would all agree with the idea that what matters most is not the "catalyst" itself, but our interpretations and responses.

I also think that therapists would emphasize that these interpretations may come from conditioned or unconscious reactions that associate events with what they "have to" mean to us. While some metaphysical teachers would extend these associations to distressing, perhaps even life-ending, experiences in past lives. I don't see that GNM addresses the source of these emotional associations, only their effects on the person once triggered.

That is right. GNM is mainly concerned with the biological program set in motion by the event. It is a medical science, not a psychological one.

Quote:Third criterion:

"The psyche, the brain, and the corresponding organ are three levels of ONE unified organism that always works in synchronicity." I think Ra would totally agree, since Ra referred to individual people as "mind/body/spirit complexes."

Therefore, an illness reaction is, to GNM, "an unexpected, highly acute, and isolating conflict shock that occurs simultaneously in the PSYCHE, the BRAIN, and on the corresponding ORGAN." I think that Law of One would agree that a single event could manifest in these multiple levels.

You identified one of the parrallels I noticed Smile

Quote:Additional concepts in this page:

"Special biological programs" are inherent within human physiology, to deal with extreme situations of loss, threat, etc. Not sure if that concept is dealt with at all in Law of One.

These programs are run automatically when there is a perception of a very extreme circumstance. As discussed above, what triggers this perception/interpretation may be different for different people. Law of One does deal with the importance of how we interpret events, but I don't know if it refers to automatic/conditioned responses rather than our conscious interpretations of freewill choice.

The running of these programs can be measured as rings in CT images of the brain. I don't think Ra discussed anything of the type. In addition, it is hard to evaluate this GNM claim since there is apparently only one document, in German, outside of GNM material that addresses this claim.

This is the most remarkable of the GNM claims. These rings on CT scans are not following the shape of the brain, they do not even respect the left/right boundary. The centre indicates the place in the body where the biological part of the program is developing. You could send your CT scan to dr Hamer for interpretation and he would send you a description of your symptoms and the conflict that caused it. He has analyzed tens of thousands of scans and seems to be right all the time. Huh

Quote:Well there is some catalyst for your consideration, I hope none of it was too shocking or more than you could handle. Wink

I survived Smile and am thankfull for your reaction.
(10-26-2009, 06:27 PM)biknewb Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2009, 11:12 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess your user name is "Bik the Newbie?"

This is quite correct. As my learn/teaching continues I hope to become "bikpro" eventually Wink

Haha! I like that. Cool

First biological law: I think there is a way to resolve this GNM principle with Law of One, if we add one little phrase that refers to your ideas.

"an emotionally distressful situation that we could not anticipate and for which we were not prepared." - with our current level of conscious awareness. That leaves open the possibility that our higher self hoped to get the message to us in a less painful way, and is still limiting the catalyst to what we can handle.

Second and third biological laws: we've reached agreement about how to interpret those. So if we are wrong, at least we have good company now. Tongue

I also find the CT rings difficult to understand and believe in. What I wonder is whether GNM may have some useful insights even if Dr. Hamer is wrong about the CT images.

If you can accept my added phrase to the first biological law, then I think we're ready to move on the GNM page about its second biological law.

By the way, I find it kind of confusing that one "biological law" actually includes half a dozen different concepts and interactions. Is it just me or is that kind of an unfortunate choice of terminology?
(10-26-2009, 07:50 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]First biological law: I think there is a way to resolve this GNM principle with Law of One, if we add one little phrase that refers to your ideas.

"an emotionally distressful situation that we could not anticipate and for which we were not prepared." - with our current level of conscious awareness. That leaves open the possibility that our higher self hoped to get the message to us in a less painful way, and is still limiting the catalyst to what we can handle.

Agreed, this addition eliminates confusion.

Quote:I also find the CT rings difficult to understand and believe in. What I wonder is whether GNM may have some useful insights even if Dr. Hamer is wrong about the CT images.

The CT rings are technically unbelievable. But they seem to remain visible in the brain after a conflict is resolved, as neuroglia tissue.
The most useful to me is the revelation that what we usually call disease is in fact the healing phase of a biologically usefull reaction of the body. This insight takes away fear by changing the status of pain and discomfort from signs of decay into signs of hope.

Quote:By the way, I find it kind of confusing that one "biological law" actually includes half a dozen different concepts and interactions. Is it just me or is that kind of an unfortunate choice of terminology?

You mean the First Law? It is more like a complete law library. Wink Sorry, I didn't invent it.
Quote:The most useful to me is the revelation that what we usually call disease is in fact the healing phase of a biologically usefull reaction of the body. This insight takes away fear by changing the status of pain and discomfort from signs of decay into signs of hope.

I completely agree. To me, that insight is valuable whether or not the ring observation is accurate.

Quote:You mean the First Law? It is more like a complete law library. Wink Sorry, I didn't invent it.

I know you didn't. I will now take a serious look at what I can jokingly call Dr. Hamer's second law library.

By the way, lurking readers, feel free to jump into the conversation. I don't mind if it's just Bik and me, but it doesn't have to just be us here.
The Second Biological Law

Key points, my summary and paraphrase:

When there is a shocking disturbance, the entire organism is involved in the attempt to resolve this conflict. This "conflict-active phase" overrides normal biological rhythms and processes.

The nature of the perception of the conflict determines the nature of the response. The biological response takes the perception as literal truth, and tries to change the body in response. This means that if the perception is that the body was not enough, the response will involve building new tissue, if the perception was that the body was too much, the response will involve tearing down existing tissue. If the perception is that it's hopeless to escape or defend against an attack, some type of paralysis will occur.

As the conflict-active phase ends, a healing phase begins. This healing phase does not yet have the person "out of the woods." There is overall relief but some serious symptoms can still occur.

At the peak of the healing phase, a crisis occurs to flush out any swelling that occurred so far.

The healing phase continues with the body restoring what was put out of balance in the earlier process.

If there is an additional shock during the healing process, everything falls back to step one with a more rapid replay of the previous response.

Now for my comments.

This much makes sense from two well known points of view. One point of view is that the unconscious governs the body's health, and takes everything literally. According to GNM, this is not just a figure of speech but physically involves the brain and body structures that correspond to the interpretation of the shocking incident. The other well known point of view is that the body always strives for balance with homeostasis.

I don't know if the Law of One material specifically addresses these popular themes. I suspect that if it did, it might be in the discussion of color rays which unfortunately I haven't studied very well yet.

While all of this makes sense in general terms, there are many specific details in the GNM explanation of this whole process. Those details have huge implications for understanding, diagnosis and appropriate treatment of disease. Many of those implications contradict standard Western medicine so they are controversial.

I think we should agree or disagree about the generalities of Law 2 before we dive into the specifics.
(10-27-2009, 10:44 AM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]The Second Biological Law

Key points, my summary and paraphrase:

When there is a shocking disturbance, the entire organism is involved in the attempt to resolve this conflict. This "conflict-active phase" overrides normal biological rhythms and processes.

The nature of the perception of the conflict determines the nature of the response. The biological response takes the perception as literal truth, and tries to change the body in response. This means that if the perception is that the body was not enough, the response will involve building new tissue, if the perception was that the body was too much, the response will involve tearing down existing tissue. If the perception is that it's hopeless to escape or defend against an attack, some type of paralysis will occur.

As the conflict-active phase ends, a healing phase begins. This healing phase does not yet have the person "out of the woods." There is overall relief but some serious symptoms can still occur.

The conflict phase ends by solving the original conflict. Sometimes this is automatic: a lost child comes home. Sometimes the conflict has to be actively ended by accepting it and solving the problem: talking to a colleage about why she insulted you.

Quote:At the peak of the healing phase, a crisis occurs to flush out any swelling that occurred so far.

The healing phase continues with the body restoring what was put out of balance in the earlier process.

If there is an additional shock during the healing process, everything falls back to step one with a more rapid replay of the previous response.

Now for my comments.

This much makes sense from two well known points of view. One point of view is that the unconscious governs the body's health, and takes everything literally. According to GNM, this is not just a figure of speech but physically involves the brain and body structures that correspond to the interpretation of the shocking incident. The other well known point of view is that the body always strives for balance with homeostasis.

Striving for balance means also that an imbalance created by the reaction of the mind to an external event, can start a Significant Biological Special Program (SBS) to avert the danger. This seems to create imbalance in the body, but is an effort to balance the body against its environment.

Quote:I don't know if the Law of One material specifically addresses these popular themes. I suspect that if it did, it might be in the discussion of color rays which unfortunately I haven't studied very well yet.

The parts about disease that I know of, are not very specific. Much of the diseases are said to originate from pre-incarnative factors.

Quote:While all of this makes sense in general terms, there are many specific details in the GNM explanation of this whole process. Those details have huge implications for understanding, diagnosis and appropriate treatment of disease. Many of those implications contradict standard Western medicine so they are controversial.

I think we should agree or disagree about the generalities of Law 2 before we dive into the specifics.

Your summary is good enough. This is kind of a real law:
Every SBS-Significant Biological Special Program runs in two phases provided there is a resolution of the conflict.
It just needs a lot of explanation ;-)
(10-27-2009, 01:04 PM)biknewb Wrote: [ -> ]The conflict phase ends by solving the original conflict. Sometimes this is automatic: a lost child comes home. Sometimes the conflict has to be actively ended by accepting it and solving the problem: talking to a colleage about why she insulted you.

This might be where Law of One has the greatest value to the GNM ideas. Law of One has a lot to say about using love and wisdom to dissolve conflicts.

Quote:Striving for balance means also that an imbalance created by the reaction of the mind to an external event, can start a Significant Biological Special Program (SBS) to avert the danger. This seems to create imbalance in the body, but is an effort to balance the body against its environment.

Again Law of One can help to reduce the perception of overwhelming fear, loss, and overwhelm. If catalyst can be received and released, an SBS is less likely to be triggered in the first place.

Your summary is good enough. This is kind of a real law:
Every SBS-Significant Biological Special Program runs in two phases provided there is a resolution of the conflict.
It just needs a lot of explanation ;-)
[/quote]

It's quite a bit of material. I expect to post a summary later today or tomorrow.
Indeed, the Law of One can prepare us to answer challenges with love instead of fear. It works for me BigSmile

And take your time, there's no rush.
(10-28-2009, 06:21 PM)biknewb Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, the Law of One can prepare us to answer challenges with love instead of fear. It works for me BigSmile

And take your time, there's no rush.

Thanks, I was almost afraid I'd taken on a new part-time job in the medical transcription field. Tongue

If the Law of One and German New Medicine are both true,
then Law of One is clearly more important for humanity.

From the GNM site: "From a biological point of view, “unexpected” implies that, when unprepared for, the situation could potentially be detrimental for the one, who was caught off-guard." To paraphrase, a shock is a situation of distress in which one feels incapable of handling the losses and traumas of an apparently uncaring, hostile universe.

I agree with you about how the Law of One relates to all this. From the Law of One point of view, we are never subject to more catalyst than we can handle. We are never really isolated from our connection to the One Creator. We are in a living universe of love and light. Forces of good are ready to help and guide us if we merely ask... in the name of whatever highest love we already understand, with whatever faith we already have.

This point of view is the best possible way to not experience a GNM level shock in the first place. It's also the best way to resolve the apparent conflict by recognizing the greater unity, even if the other people involved seem to insist on conflict in this life.

GNM then becomes a tool to help reduce suffering once shock has, unfortunately, already occurred. Beyond third density, it won't be needed any more because we'll be past the curtain of separation illusions.

If this is true, then understanding GNM can help soothe and heal. It is worth studying on that level. But it is not quite as powerful a force for good as Law of One.

If this is true, is there a need to explore GNM further on a Law of One site?