Bring4th

Full Version: If you are afraid to, maybe you should, lose it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Cyan

If you are afraid to maybe you should lose it?

This is something that i came upon.

The interpretation here runs in interesting circles trying to make sense of how that should be punctuated and how the meaning changes depending on how it is.

But the seriousness of the question was posed as a philosophical question to me in a thought i had.

If you are afraid of losing it, maybe you should lose it because you dont know what it is until you have lost it? And as such, cant really say how it is best "held" if need be, maybe you are holding it in a way that isnt the best way it can be held? So, maybe you should lose it for a while so you can see whats the best way to hold it? =)

Thoughts?

kdsii

I think that if you act in the best way you know, life will flow naturally.
If something needs to be lost, it will be. If you are truly ready to receive, it will be so. I don't worry about it too much.
At this point, if something big comes or goes, I observe it as puzzle pieces rearranging themselves. Not even as a test. Just a puzzle.
At times a good thing is bad, and a bad thing good, when you look at it from other angles.
My goal is to be *non-reactive*... In most situations this goal will lead me to choose a specific path among many, which tends to be the most peaceful.

So, Cyan, my opinion is that if you feel afraid to lose something, meditation and non-reactive training works best. (For me, anyway)

(07-27-2012, 09:29 AM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]If you are afraid to maybe you should lose it?

This is something that i came upon.

The interpretation here runs in interesting circles trying to make sense of how that should be punctuated and how the meaning changes depending on how it is.

But the seriousness of the question was posed as a philosophical question to me in a thought i had.

If you are afraid of losing it, maybe you should lose it because you dont know what it is until you have lost it? And as such, cant really say how it is best "held" if need be, maybe you are holding it in a way that isnt the best way it can be held? So, maybe you should lose it for a while so you can see whats the best way to hold it? =)

Thoughts?

fear is bad.

do the opposite of fear.

kdsii

Listen to Plenum, m'kay?
Fear is bad... m'kay...

[Image: sp_1203_01.jpg?width=480]

lol BigSmile

- -

as someone who has had anxieties for most of their life, I can appreciate how much of a dampener on the spirits that fear can be. Such a limiting, constricting feeling.

life is so much better when the joy flows Smile

kdsii

Agreed, it is a constrictor.
Things always turn up, no matter how dark things seem at times.
It helps to not forget that in the heat of the moment, I think

(07-27-2012, 10:09 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]lol BigSmile

- -

as someone who has had anxieties for most of their life, I can appreciate how much of a dampener on the spirits that fear can be. Such a limiting, constricting feeling.

life is so much better when the joy flows Smile