Bring4th

Full Version: Taras Bulba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting question over at divinecosmos.com:
Quote:I have question under the Law of One. Some times met there mentions of the historical persons of the negative polarity who has opened consciously the gate to intelligent infinity: Genghis Khan, Rasputin and Taras Bulba. First two - it is clear, but the third? He isn't the historical character. He is Nikolay Gogol's literary character of the story. Who there meant?

Anybody have any ideas? How could a literary character qualify for fourth-density negative? Maybe the character is based on a historical figure, but if so wikipedia doesn't mention it. Was Ra just confused?

-------------------

Edit by Moderator:

To avoid confusion, here is the actual quote from the Law of One:

Quote:11.9 Questioner: Are any of these people known in the history of our planet by name?

Ra: I am Ra. We will mention a few. The one known as Taras Bulba, the one known as Genghis Khan, the one known as Rasputin.

17.25 Questioner: How did Taras Bulba, Genghis Khan, and Rasputin get harvested prior to the harvest?

Ra: I am Ra. It is the right/privilege/duty of those opening consciously the gate to intelligent infinity to choose the manner of their leaving of third density. Those of negative orientation who so achieve this right/duty most often choose to move forward in their learn/teaching of service to self.
Are you sure he's not an historical figure? I seem to recall in the introduction to the novella that he was. Gogol's book is based, in part, upon his traveling to that area and recording the ballads which detailed various exploits.

It's good narrative and well depicts some of the "positive" aspects of STS such as fierce loyalty, determination and camaraderie. The political excuses for slaughter (confessional variations) may seem weak to us...until we look around, perhaps, at our own.

Not for those with a weak stomach, I suppose: it's a Russian, not an English novel. But for those seeking to understand the nobler aspects of STS (in contradistinction to the slime ball division) it might be useful.

A person might get a sense of the intensity of personal character involved which might allow one to quickly polarize from one extreme to another.

~P
(10-20-2009, 05:42 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure he's not an historical figure?

No, not at all. I had never heard of Taras Bulba before reading the Law of One books -- I know very little about him or about Gogol's book.

Here's a link to the text of the book, including an introduction by John Cournos, at Project Gutenberg.

A quick scan of that introduction doesn't seem to indicate that Taras Bulba was a historical figure, but I may be missing it or you may have read a different introduction.

Your comments about the "positive" aspects of STS and about the intensity of personal character involved make good sense.
The edition I read was in our local library, but I can't say I remember exactly the fact of Bulba's authenticity from it. Wikipedia, however, says he was an historical figure. I think he was something analogous to our Davy Crockett. Yes, he was a TV character, but he also did have a life...so to speak.

Speaking of the "positive" aspects of the STS lifestyle, when I was a kid I was lead to believe that Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie and others died nobly (in STO fashion) killing Mexicans at the Alamo. It was much later that I learned that it was all part of a big land grab. In other words, it was a major STS operation, it seems to me.

Maybe what I'm getting at is that STS entities often employ STO principles. And, needless to say, the opposite happens as well. [French Revolution, for example.]

In the end, I guess, it leaves one with a serious responsibility to periodically overhaul one's own perceived intentions and practices. I suppose that confronting such paradoxes and making corresponding choice is a means of deepening one's polarity?
(10-20-2009, 07:16 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Wikipedia, however, says he was an historical figure.

Can you point me to where Wikipedia says this? I'm not seeing it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taras_Bulba

(Forgive me, please, for stubbornly sticking to this seemingly minor issue when you're trying so valiantly to move from the specific to the general. It's not that I disagree with anything you're saying -- far from it. It's just that, so far as I know, there is very little else that Ra says that is on shaky ground fact-wise.)
(10-20-2009, 07:34 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2009, 07:16 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Wikipedia, however, says he was an historical figure.

Can you point me to where Wikipedia says this? I'm not seeing it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taras_Bulba

(Forgive me, please, for stubbornly sticking to this seemingly minor issue when you're trying so valiantly to move from the specific to the general. It's not that I disagree with anything you're saying -- far from it. It's just that, so far as I know, there is very little else that Ra says that is on shaky ground fact-wise.)

No problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taras_Bulba

Taras Bulba is Gogol’s longest short story. The work is non-fictional in nature with characters that are not exaggerated or grotesque as was common in Gogol's later work, though his characterizations of Cossacks are said to be a bit exaggerated by some scholars.

I guess that's not exactly definitive either, now that I look at it. Geez, I guess you'd have to consult a Gogol scholar. I'll keep looking.

~P
Hi βαθμιαίος ,

I puzzled over that for a while when I first read it, but I came to the conclusion that Ra just once again proved himself to be the master of ambiguity. Let's go back to the original question:

The Law of One, Book I Wrote:Questioner: Are any of these people known in the history of our planet by name?

Ra: I am Ra. We will mention a few. The one known as Taras Bulba, the one known as Genghis Khan, the one known as Rasputin.

So Ra's answer was to give the name that the person is now know by (through the work of Gogol). As you've seen, the work is undeniably considered to be historical in nature. Given that fact, Ra simply answered with a name Don (and we) would recognize (i.e., the name known in the history of our planet).

Ultimately, I see it as less concerning than the 1,500 year discrepancy in the age of the great pyramid at Giza, and I didn't have any problem shrugging that one off.

Just my 2 cents,

3D Sunset
(10-20-2009, 07:34 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, the result of my searching is that no one can say definitively that there was or was not in some form an historical figure by that name. I doubt there are very good surviving records from around that place and time.

On the other hand, I've never seen a chakra or an angel either. I judge them by their effect and their utility.

~P
(10-20-2009, 07:57 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]As you've seen, the work is undeniably considered to be historical in nature.

If you're referring to the wikipedia quote that Peregrine posted, I think that, too is ambiguous. It could mean nothing more than that it's a realistic novel rather than a fantastical one.

(10-20-2009, 07:57 PM)3D Sunset Wrote: [ -> ]Ultimately, I see it as less concerning than the 1,500 year discrepancy in the age of the great pyramid at Giza, and I didn't have any problem shrugging that one off.

I think I vaguely remember seeing a thread where this was discussed, but I couldn't find it quickly by using the forum search function. Could you refer me to the discussion or summarize it for me?
(10-20-2009, 07:34 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Can you point me to where Wikipedia says this? I'm not seeing it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taras_Bulba

From wikipedia: Taras Bulba is a romanticized historical religious novel

Key word here being historical. My guess is that Taras Bulba was a real person, who happened to have a book written about him, but now the book is more famous than the person. Or, maybe there was another person with that name who has nothing to do with the book, and that person was not well-known so, even though graduating to 4D STS, was forgotten by 3D historians.

As an example: Let's say a very negatively polarized entity committed a string of murders but was never caught. Say, for example, Jack the Ripper. Since we don't know the identity of Jack the Ripper, he might have had a common name like John Smith, or he might have had an unusual name, but his name would not get a reaction from us because it never got associated with his atrocities.

So maybe Taras Bulba was the name of some book totally unrelated to another person by the same name, who was an unknown figure who did heinous things to the point of graduating, but just didn't go down in history as anyone special.

Not having read the book, I don't know whether there was actually a historical character portrayed in the book. If so, I'd say it's probably likely that Ra was referring to that historical figure. But these are just some possibilities. Point here being that not all entities sufficiently polarized for graduation are necessarily famous or infamous.
(10-20-2009, 08:36 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]My guess is that Taras Bulba was a real person, who happened to have a book written about him, but now the book is more famous than the person.

I think that's my guess, too, since I give Ra the benefit of the doubt in cases where definitive answers are unavailable.

Could it be that the wikipedia author(s), by using terms like "historical" and "non-fictional", are implying that there was an actual figure who was the basis for the book? Certainly. I'm just a little surprised that there is no readily findable definitive answer in this age of google and wikipedia.
(10-20-2009, 08:47 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]I think that's my guess, too, since I give Ra the benefit of the doubt in cases where definitive answers are unavailable.

Agreed!

(10-20-2009, 08:47 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be that the wikipedia author(s), by using terms like "historical" and "non-fictional", are implying that there was an actual figure who was the basis for the book? Certainly. I'm just a little surprised that there is no readily findable definitive answer in this age of google and wikipedia.

When I did a Google search, I got lots of hits about the book. It may be that there is info out there about the actual historical figure, but it's buried on page 197 of Google hits. Or, it may be that no one has bothered to post info about him on the internet, but you might find references in dusty old history books in libraries.

In this age of readily available info, it's easy to assume that every iota of data has been uploaded to the internet. But not necessarily. Undoubtedly there is still a massive amount of data preserved in books that no one has yet transferred to electronic format.
(10-20-2009, 08:26 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]I think I vaguely remember seeing a thread where this was discussed, but I couldn't find it quickly by using the forum search function. Could you refer me to the discussion or summarize it for me?

It's on the "Sessions in Focus Forum => 1981.02.11 - Book I, Session 23 Pyramids".

3D Sunset
In case anyone has a nascent interest in Ukrainian history, this site gives a run down of the non-stop warfare that the area has endured for many centuries. It's astounding that anyone survived at all. For an STO-type it would have been a superb place to attempt to develope polarity (the more intense the perseverance through negative catalyst, the deeper the positive polarization), but not so good for longevity.

The Cossack Period begins about 1/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.torugg.org/History/history_of...l#PARTFOUR
Thank you for the link.
Just as a further point of interest, Ra's going on about the one known as Moishe would seem to fall into the same bin as Taras Bulba.

First of all, Moishe isn't even the Near Eastern pronunciation, but the European. But, way more importantly, there is zero historical evidence of a Moses figure, of the plagues or of an Exodus or of 40 years "wandering." 40 years of campsites for over 100,000 people ought to show up someplace. Yet Ra speaks of Moishe freeing his people?

More paradoxes, darn it!
I don't have a problem with the Moishe story. Not sure about the pronunciation thing, but I understand "40 years" to be symbolic for "a sufficient length of time." Anyways, I don't think Ra mentioned 40 years.

In terms of how the interaction between light and dark has played out and is playing out on our planet, I find Ra's poignant story about Moishe credible and even compelling.
This movie looks promising: Taras Bulba (2009)

Release Date:
2 April 2009 (Kazakhstan)
Language:
Russian | Ukrainian | Polish
Plot:
Set in the 16th century, this is a story about Ukraine's Cossack warriors and their campaign to defend their lands from the advancing Polish armies.

Recently downloaded, but I haven't found any good subtitles yet so have only watched the first 15 minutes or so -- pretty decent actors it seems, and the first scene feels pretty much as the first chapter of the book does.
(10-28-2009, 07:22 AM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of how the interaction between light and dark has played out and is playing out on our planet, I find Ra's poignant story about Moishe credible and even compelling.

I find it so as well. Same with Taras Bulba. It leaves me curious about the process of taking zeitgeist thought forms and blending them in as fact. Maybe it's not a relevant distinction on their level? Just guessing.

(10-28-2009, 07:24 AM)pphuck Wrote: [ -> ]Recently downloaded, but I haven't found any good subtitles yet so have only watched the first 15 minutes or so -- pretty decent actors it seems, and the first scene feels pretty much as the first chapter of the book does.

I saw comments about that film when digging around for historical information on Taras Bulba. None were about the quality of the film, but rather about the politics of a Russian making a film about the Ukraine. The Ukrainians have been so abused over time that they're quite sensitive to vestiges of imperial sentiment. Hope it's a good film. It's a great tale.
Here's a further thought on the topic. There is extremely scant information on the historical existence of Jesus of Nazareth. I wonder to what degree Ra's information there is likewise interwoven with earth bound thought forms?
Well, some of Ra's information about Moses and Jesus is significantly different than typical earth-bound thought. For instance, that the 10 Commandments were negatively given, that Jesus killed a playmate when he was a child, and that Jesus was not greeted as a hero when he returned to Jerusalem.

For me there is no need to suggest that Ra was confusing thought forms and "reality", but I can see that it's an explanation that some may well find satisfying.
First, Taras Bulba is definitely a very romanticized but very real historical figure. He was ruthless and self-serving in the extreme, or so it appears. If my understanding from the text is correct, figures like this such as Taras Bulba, Genghis Kahn, and Rasputin began the negative path in Atlantis.

Secondly, I've wondered for all these years exactly who Yahweh is. I believe there was some elaboration somewhere on it, but this smc was referred to as being "local " if I'm not mistaken. How could a 6th density smc be local to earth? Also, I wonder exactly what it means by "a more eloquently effective sound vibration complex"?
I believe he is directly talking about the genetic change that humans have that no other thing on the planet do. Suppousedly it's related to speech. However I believe the tower of Babel or Babylon is the story of that event. I don't believe the tower of Babel is accurate and has been edited. So I believe a gene was inserted surrounding/effecting/elaborating speech or know by Ra as sound vibration complex. Also a lot of the things I thought were purely done by the sts, actually started out on the other end, and were hijacked in a sense. From Atlanta's all the way to Egypt. The bible and yahwehs attempts as well.
I also think Ra meant local as in the area, not specificly Earth.
(10-29-2009, 08:00 AM)sos Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, I've wondered for all these years exactly who Yahweh is. I believe there was some elaboration somewhere on it, but this smc was referred to as being "local " if I'm not mistaken. How could a 6th density smc be local to earth? Also, I wonder exactly what it means by "a more eloquently effective sound vibration complex"?

There are two Yahwehs.

The first Yahweh was a 6D entity sent by the Confederation to help push Earth's evolution through the quarantine. Most of their attempts to help impart the Law of One failed, but the result was that the Orion group got a foothold and were able to create catalyst (and progress).

The second Yahweh was the Orion group's co-opting of the identity started by the first in order to establish religion and the priest class upon it. Since Yahweh had already failed by showing up physically and letting the people turn them into a God, the Orion group capitalized on it by picking up the mask that the real Yahweh left behind. They built their elite social structures on that stone and grew from there.

So 'Yahweh' is local to earth because they are still influencing this sphere; I don't think Ra said they were reassigned or anything and they probably continue to battle the Orion group. 

As far as "a more eloquently effective sound vibration complex", I believe Ra is referring to the fact that Yahweh became multiple entities - both the Confederation entity as well as the Orion group 'entity'. It was the 2nd Yahweh which really learned how to talk (and control) the people...  Just my take anyways Smile
I believe Ra said that Yahweh is still here, the original positive contact, but their name is Yod-Heh-Shin-Vav-Heh (the Tetragrammaton).

I'm not sure what the significance of the Hebrew letter "Shin" is though.
I'm from Russia. Novel "Taras Bulba" is studied in our secondary school BigSmile
The prose "Taras Bulba", whose history of creation is considered, is presented by the author as a fantastic work. The image of his main character is collective. However, it has its prototypes. One of them is Okhrim Makukha, the ataman of the Zaporozhye Army. He was an associate of Bogdan Khmelnytsky and lived in the 17th century. He had three sons. One of them, Nazar, moved from the Cossacks to the side of the Commonwealth, because he was in love with the Polish girl. The second son, Khoma, died, wanting to deliver the traitor's brother to his father. The third son, Omelka, was the ancestor of the famous traveler Nikolai Miklukho-Maclay. The descendant Omelka studied with Nikolai Gogol. He gave the writer the tradition of his family. In the sons the images of the traitor Andriy and the faithful Cossack association Ostap are clearly traced.