Bring4th

Full Version: The trueset form of Service to Others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sacrifice

ayadew

It's my belief that 100% STO is self-annihilation, but the paradox lingers here too, my friend. If you came to this place to be of service to others, is it not futile to end your life?
The sacrifice required is proportionate to the message to be delivered and the amount of people the message will reach.

ayadew

Perhaps the truest form of service towards others is the thing you chose it to be
There is much truth in that, for which I give thanks Smile

I merely wanted to highlight that helping someone with their shopping, for example, demands a sacrifice (your time), and more severe sacrifices (life) could be deemed inappropriate.

But I am being facetious; I apologise Angel

ayadew

Your intention is never wrong or at fault.. we are merely dancing our own experience and interpretation of things in this little illusion Smile
Session 94 Wrote:Questioner: ...Then I am guessing that the crossed legs of the entity in Card Four have a meaning similar to the crux ansata. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The cross formed by the living limbs of the image signifies that which is the nature of mind/body/spirit complexes in manifestation within your illusion. There is no experience which is not purchased by effort of some kind, no act of service-to-self or others which does not bear a price, to the entity manifesting, commensurate with its purity. All things in manifestation may be seen in one way or another to be offering themselves in order that transformations may take place upon the level appropriate to the action.
This topic was discussed by Q'uo with Jesus being an example of nearly 100% STO. It was in a fairly recent transcript and I'll see if I can find it.
The purest form?
I'd say compassion combined with humility.
If it wasn't Ra then it was the other guy, Q'uo, who when asked, when does an entity no longer have need of 3D catalyst, replied that an entity no longer has need of 3D catalyst when it can turn to each catalyst with an attitude of love and ask, "How may I serve?" (Sorry I cannot provide a citation.)

Based on that, one could argue that a well matured ability to offer love in all circumstances is the most developed form of service.

I don't actually think abut those things in terms of what's truest, but I thought I'd throw the above into the competition. ;-D

~P~
Good question!
There is so much help needed out there that, the second immediate question is: how do we reach out to people who needs help?

I do not think that there is a 'best way' or a 'truest form' or whichever way of wording it.
I think that there are as many ways or forms than we are each able to invent!
BigSmile

Inventors, to your heart!
L/L
(10-25-2009, 07:23 PM)Whitefeather Wrote: [ -> ]Good question!
There is so much help needed out there that, the second immediate question is: how do we reach out to people who needs help?

Hi there, W.

Well, since you asked, I'll share my personal bias on that matter. I think the answer to that is within and right in front of us in every moment. The following is a long quote from Ra Session 9. For me, this captures it.

~P~

Quote:Questioner: Then although many entities are not consciously aware of it, what they really desire is to accelerate their growth, and it is their job to discover this while they are incarnate. Is it correct that they can accelerate their growth much more while in the third density than in between incarnations of this density?
Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. We shall attempt to speak upon this concept.
The Law of One has as one of its primal distortions the free will distortion, thus each entity is free to accept, reject, or ignore the mind/body/spirit complexes about it and ignore the creation itself. There are many among your social memory complex distortion who, at this time/space, engage daily, as you would put it, in the working upon the Law of One in one of its primal distortions; that is, the ways of love. However, if this same entity, being biased from the depths of its mind/body/spirit complex towards love/light, were then to accept responsibility for each moment of the time/space accumulation of present moments available to it, such an entity can empower its progress in much the same way as we described the empowering of the call of your social complex distortion to the Confederation.
Questioner: Could you state this in a little different way … how you empower this call?
Ra: I am Ra. We understand you to speak now of our previous information. The call begins with one. This call is equal to infinity and is not, as you would say, counted. It is the cornerstone. The second call is added. The third call empowers or doubles the second, and so forth, each additional calling doubling or granting power to all the preceding calls. Thus, the call of many of your peoples is many, many-powered and overwhelmingly heard to the infinite reaches of the One Creation.
I'm a fan of that quote above me^^

I also like this one:

Quote:Questioner: If an entity wants to be of service to others rather than service to self while he is in this third density, are there “best ways” of being of service to others, or is any way just as good as any other way?

Ra: I am Ra. The best way to be of service to others has been explicitly covered in previous material. We will iterate briefly.

The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self. This involves self knowledge and the ability to open the self to the other-self without hesitation. This involves, shall we say, radiating that which is the essence or the heart of the mind/body/spirit complex.

Speaking to the intention of your question, the best way for each seeker in third density to be of service to others is unique to that mind/body/spirit complex. This means that the mind/body/spirit complex must then seek within itself the intelligence of its own discernment as to the way it may best serve other-selves. This will be different for each. There is no best. There is no generalization. Nothing is known.
Hi there Peregrine,
You are quite right, everything lies in the moment.

Those above are two excellent quotes!
I resonate with those words so fully.
Thank you both Peregrine and Wander-Man for reminding us of those deep words from Ra.
I enjoy this forum! Smile
L/L and ... Happiness,
w.
I think service is a kind of energy exchange; positive service to others involves giving energy to other people (or plants, animals) and to your self at times as in self love and acceptance. Strangely, this type of loving activity is often energizing for both people.
Negative energy exchanges have to do with controlling others so that you take energy from them. Being manipulated does not feel good.
The more energy you are capable of generating and the more you love the other person and can be open with them, the bigger the exchange.
Being in love, caring for children, working hard for a cause I really believe in, doing creative work are the times I feel truest because my motives are so 'true'.
But I think you can do this in small amounts all the time by looking for the light in each moment as if to say: what do I love about this?
When things are done in love (eg sitting up all night with a sick baby), it is positive. But when duty becomes oppressive, I think you turn the corner into a negative exchange.
Wander-man highlighted an excellent citation.
If different to each, the following offers a key to the customization, if you will, to each:
Ra Material 18:6
"Thus, what would be an improper distortion with one entity is proper with another. We can suggest an attempt to become aware of the other-self as self and thus do that action which is needed by other-self, understanding from the other-self’s intelligence and awareness. In many cases this does not involve the breaking of the distortion of free will into a distortion or fragmentation called infringement. However, it is a delicate matter to be of service, and compassion, sensitivity, and an ability to empathize are helpful in avoiding the distortions of man-made intelligence and awareness."

Also, Whitefeather's question regarding helping those in need, please consider:
http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0926.aspx

Beginning with "K writes in from Luxembourg asking". The following is a portion of the answer:
"The first distortion is all-important when one is attempting to be of service to others. If entities have not asked for your service, then we would ask you, as one who wishes to serve, if there is an overriding reason why other entities’ sleep must be disturbed.

If there were only this lifetime and only this graduation, then perhaps we might agree that everyone should be shaken by the throat and told to wake up. However, there is all the time in the creation for entities to progress."

I share with you all that I must daily remind myself of these ideas. What one feels is service may be received by the other-self as disservice. There is a great struggle in me to KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT when I perceive need but have not been requested to serve. In such circumstances, it seems service is accomplished through simply being. As I learn, as I seek, the light from within emanates ever brighter. Those whom the light may draw may ask or may only observe. Even when asked, perhaps the most helpful answer is to share my personal experience, and allow the other to draw upon my experience that which best serves. Even as Ra and the others have shared with us.
Quote:If entities have not asked for your service, then we would ask you, as one who wishes to serve, if there is an overriding reason why other entities’ sleep must be disturbed.

I think much to this effect, but I rationalize service ot other-selves, in this aspect, according to my reality (One of the perks of free will, hehe).

I see the other entities sleeping, so I simply whisper in their ear. If they wake up and are interested, then I provide them with which they seek. If they find no use for the whisper, they simply do not wake up.

Another way to put this is "I plant the seed of thought", and allow them to water it or let it die.

Either choice is of their free will, and I am in good conscience.

Point of clarity: I do not understand the title to this thread. Service to others implies separation. There is only service to other-selves. We are one.
For me, the truest form of STO would be love spontaneously given that is relatively effortless because you enjoy doing it--as in taking care of a loved one or even being with people you really enjoy. Sacrifice can be masochistic which really is not STO. STO stuff is not a burden; it is a natural outpouring of who you truly are. You can't fake it. Remember you do not have to do this 100% of the time. You have to love yourself and take care of yourself as well.
Well said Marina!
What could be a more truly honest and useful gift than giving our most natural and truest self to the other?
And how could we give that if we've deformed it for the "sake" of the other?
I do love the answer of 'just being yourself' being the truest service. There seems to come a point though after being yourself here in the flesh...you start creating a 'self' in the spirit/light. Sacrifice is a great part of humanities cycle of thought...but I think that 'offering' is somewhat a little different. Mabey this is due to my ill feelings twards the past cultures that believed God demanded 'sacrifices'. The love I have for the 'Christ' is the offering of love, out of will. Not because it 'has' to be, but because the true will seems to be all about, offering of self, in cycles.

My mind seems to relate the word 'sacrifice' with 'force'. This could very much be because of the feelings in me brought about from my past experiences. But I had to see Jesus's path as a offering....not a sacrifice, it was not something that 'had' to be.

Forever changing, this is just where I am today
(11-10-2009, 04:59 PM)Marina Wrote: [ -> ]For me, the truest form of STO would be love spontaneously given that is relatively effortless because you enjoy doing it--as in taking care of a loved one or even being with people you really enjoy. Sacrifice can be masochistic which really is not STO. STO stuff is not a burden; it is a natural outpouring of who you truly are. You can't fake it. Remember you do not have to do this 100% of the time. You have to love yourself and take care of yourself as well.

I love this response. I have believed or rather experienced that unless you love yourself first of all, it is hard to love others. Love is an offering that happens when you are so overflowing with joy, beauty and love that you have plenty to offer. More you share that, more it grows. When you start radiating love it is the most powerful way to serve. You don't even have to do anything else, just BE and it should be enough.
I think STO is about a balancing act. Say if you have $10, and you need $5 to survive. Giving $5 to someone in need would be great, since you are giving as much as you can without harming yourself. However, if you give $7 to someone in need, thereby causing harm for yourself, you might be lessening your own potential to help others in the days ahead.

While one should see everyone else as One... don't forget that you, yourself, are part of the One as well. So it is neither selfish nor STS to take care of yourself, but Being One.

My 2 cents. Smile
(12-17-2009, 12:16 PM)creationist Wrote: [ -> ]I think STO is about a balancing act. Say if you have $10, and you need $5 to survive. Giving $5 to someone in need would be great, since you are giving as much as you can without harming yourself. However, if you give $7 to someone in need, thereby causing harm for yourself, you might be lessening your own potential to help others in the days ahead.

While one should see everyone else as One... don't forget that you, yourself, are part of the One as well. So it is neither selfish nor STS to take care of yourself, but Being One.

My 2 cents. Smile

In Ra's terminology it will be Love balanced with Wisdom. Every entity has to determine what is that balance for them or what is their individual lesson for this life time.
Sharing all that you are, with all that is.
I believe our view of sacrifice is distorted and more resembles martyrdom. I believe the sacraficial moment of all things is more akin to balance, and recipricocity. It's how we keep propelling this whole thing forward. It is not powered by magical pixie dust, but the sweat and blood for love. By The One Infinite.
I believe Ra has a wise and interesting take on this subject.

Ra, Session 17, Question 30 Wrote:The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self.

Ra, session 42, Question 6 Wrote:The fourth density, as we have said, abounds in compassion. This compassion is folly when seen through the eyes of wisdom. It is the salvation of third density but creates a mismatch in the ultimate balance of the entity.

Thus we, as a social memory complex of fourth density, had the tendency towards compassion even to martyrdom in aid of other-selves. When the fifth-density harvest was achieved we found that in this vibratory level flaws could be seen in the efficacy of such unrelieved compassion. We spent much time/space in contemplation of those ways of the Creator which imbue love with wisdom.
(10-11-2018, 08:44 PM)Cannon Wrote: [ -> ]I believe Ra has a wise and interesting take on this subject.

Ra, Session 17, Question 30 Wrote:The best way of service to others is the constant attempt to seek to share the love of the Creator as it is known to the inner self.

Ra, session 42, Question 6 Wrote:The fourth density, as we have said, abounds in compassion. This compassion is folly when seen through the eyes of wisdom. It is the salvation of third density but creates a mismatch in the ultimate balance of the entity.

Thus we, as a social memory complex of fourth density, had the tendency towards compassion even to martyrdom in aid of other-selves. When the fifth-density harvest was achieved we found that in this vibratory level flaws could be seen in the efficacy of such unrelieved compassion. We spent much time/space in contemplation of those ways of the Creator which imbue love with wisdom.

I also don't think you have to go through a period of compassion without wisdom. If you want to that's fine - martyrdom compassion is a distortion that works well for 3D and 4D evolution but will create the need for more learning in 5D.

I believe that you can learn about how to imbue love with wisdom right here right now, though certainly it's a more advanced lesson and requires a good understanding and beingness rooted in compassion.

I also know that some disagree with my view and see compassion without wisdom - compassion reaching to the level of martyrdom as essential to the evolutionary process - but I would posit the above quotation actually tends to supports the opposite conclusion, though it doesn't seem to clearly settle the matter either way.
Truest self in relation to other self. Wisdom being the combination of the trans-personal and personal self leading to the correct amount of light/love love/light to share in the moment.
I often see martyrdom and martyrdom imbued with wisdom as a similar set of actions, just a different frame of mind. Smile

That being said, I don't think there is enough time spent considering the concept of sacrifice without martyrdom: the willing sacrifice for the greater good is not martyrdom. It is letting go of distortions of love and unity. Ra says that martyrdom is the literal giving of the life force unto death to serve. We associate many things that are actually part of the personality shell as too important to sacrifice, and feel like martyrs who are punishing ourselves, self-flagellating for perceived faults or failings. If we can find forgiveness for ourselves, the sacrifices no longer seem so difficult, and the parts of ourselves that we are attached to just fall away, if we are willing to let them go.  

Quote:93.24 Questioner: I am assuming that you mean one full question, and I’ll make that question: I’d like to know the significance of the shape of the crux ansata, and if that’s too much of an answer I will just ask if there is anything we can do to make the instrument more comfortable or improve the contact?

Ra: I am Ra. There are mathematical ratios within this image which may yield informative insights to one fond of riddles. We shall not untangle the riddle. We may indicate that the crux ansata is a part of the concept complexes of the archetypical mind, the circle indicating the magic of the spirit, the cross indicating that nature of manifestation which may only be valued by the losing. Thus the crux ansata is intended to be seen as an image of the eternal in and through manifestation and beyond manifestation through the sacrifice and transformation of that which is manifest.

Quote:94.26 Questioner: I’ll have to work on that.

Then I am guessing that the crossed legs of the entity in Card Four have a meaning similar to the cross of the crux ansata. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The cross formed by the living limbs of the image signifies that which is the nature of mind/body/spirit complexes in manifestation within your illusion. There is no experience which is not purchased by effort of some kind, no act of service to self or others which does not bear a price, to the entity manifesting, commensurate with its purity. All things in manifestation may be seen in one way or another to be offering themselves in order that transformations may take place upon the level appropriate to the action.
Quote:94.26 Questioner: I’ll have to work on that.

Then I am guessing that the crossed legs of the entity in Card Four have a meaning similar to the cross of the crux ansata. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The cross formed by the living limbs of the image signifies that which is the nature of mind/body/spirit complexes in manifestation within your illusion. There is no experience which is not purchased by effort of some kind, no act of service to self or others which does not bear a price, to the entity manifesting, commensurate with its purity. All things in manifestation may be seen in one way or another to be offering themselves in order that transformations may take place upon the level appropriate to the action.

I've noticed this for sure. That the more pure you are, the harder it is to even exist in our society that prides itself on hazing, negative initiation, and power over others....
Pages: 1 2