Bring4th

Full Version: Papp Engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dan Glover of Inteligentry provides an overview of the company's work in Papp engine research

Mark Koppin describes a prototype of the Inteligentry noble-gas engine, which is driven by what they call a "Plasmic Transition Process" based on Joseph Papp's older engine technology.

A view of the Rohner Groups Presentation at the ExtraOrdinary Technology Conference.

Dr Michael McKubre's introduction and comments made during the Rohner Group's presentation at this years 2012 ExtraOrdinary Technology Conference.
Almost done watching all of these... very very interesting.
Awesome videos.

I think the story of Feynman's involvement was fascinating. What it seemed like to me was that his God complex tendencies led to this sort of technology being suppressed and ridiculed among the scientific community, and that attitude even killed somebody through his ultimate action of disbelief (unplugging the machine that he did not believe could possibly be running, causing it to malfunction and explode). Feynman even went so far as to accuse Papp of intentionally causing his machine to explode (in order to avoid being exposed as a fraud) when it was actually Feynman's fault.

Could that story be symbolic of a certain mindset held by society that has deterred innovation in energy production? Could the symbolism also be applicable in an inner sense regarding our spiritual seeking, with similar attitudes turned towards the self causing the same lapse in personal growth as Feynman himself caused in the production of this engine?

Just to be sure I understood what was being presented in the first two videos...
They describe the engine in the second video as being similar in HP/torque/RPM as a new 6.7L diesel engine.

Is the size of the engine displayed in the video the same size as the engine they describe with that power?

I'm assuming such engine would have similar applications as that sort of diesel engine?

What's the cost of the sort of gases needed to keep it running? How sustainable is the source of this type of gas mixture?

I think the most exciting part is how they expect the technology to be available for use by developers so soon. I wonder what sort of practical applications we can see from this particular engine? Will we see home generators? Cheap and clean transportation?
It's possible there must have been something going on related to development of consciousness involving those two.

The phenomenon that causes this to work is interesting. Any good resources that attempt to explain the expansion?
(08-06-2012, 02:53 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]Is the size of the engine displayed in the video the same size as the engine they describe with that power?
I think that particular engine (the Harley conversion) can do like 250 hp, but a lot of of torque.

(08-06-2012, 02:53 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming such engine would have similar applications as that sort of diesel engine?
Yes, a pump or an electric generator would be a good application as it's not very responsive.

(08-06-2012, 02:53 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]What's the cost of the sort of gases needed to keep it running? How sustainable is the source of this type of gas mixture?

At 38min in video, Rohner pumped out -30 in/hg from a 200cc cylinder on his demo unit. at 39.30 then fills it up with the "exact Papp mixture" (given in the patent), which is not what they will be using apparently:

8% xenon $4000-5000 per cu meter
12% krypton $400-500 per cu meter
16% argon $5 per cu meter
26% neon $60-120 per cu meter
38% helium $30 per cu meter

At those prices, the mixture in demo is about a dollar. Unfortunately Helium is non-renewable for sure, not sure about the other noble gases. They said it can run a week continuously before the gases are spent (yes, they are consumed by the as-yet unknown process).

(08-06-2012, 02:53 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I think the most exciting part is how they expect the technology to be available for use by developers so soon. I wonder what sort of practical applications we can see from this particular engine? Will we see home generators? Cheap and clean transportation?
They are currently assembling their demo units, which will be shipped next month. The peswiki guy gets one to play with.

If scientists can figure out why the gas expands (temporary energy-state change of atom?), they should be able to reproduce more efficiently. As yet, there is no proven theoretical basis for this type of reaction.
(08-06-2012, 03:31 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]If scientists can figure out why the gas expands (temporary energy-state change of atom?), they should be able to reproduce more efficiently. As yet, there is no proven theoretical basis for this type of reaction.

Could Dewey Larson's ideas help them?
(08-06-2012, 03:34 PM)βαθμιαίος Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2012, 03:31 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]If scientists can figure out why the gas expands (temporary energy-state change of atom?), they should be able to reproduce more efficiently. As yet, there is no proven theoretical basis for this type of reaction.

Could Dewey Larson's ideas help them?
Satz, Nehru or Peret could possibly find some explanation using RS and, if so, probably make some testable predictions.
It would be a nice feather in RS's hat if testable predictions proved valid in an area where mainstream theory has no alternative explanation.
IMHO RS version 2 would be more suitable: http://rs2theory.org/
So apparently, according to the site below.."John Rohner's competitor brother, Bob, has been particularly active in fighting against PlasmERG's progress."

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:P...sion_Motor

Bob is the one in the lengthy video. So we have two different designs, coming from one family, and they don't get along. Great!
There are some significant differences in design, and the core of the technology was covered by long-expired patents (now public domain). If you notice, Bob continues to use radioactive elements for catalyst, while John figured out how to do away with them. John has also added electronic control (presumably patentable). Anyone can recreate the original engine and John actually encourages it. I believe they've "open sourced" some type of simple cylinder configuration.

"In a 1.5-hour interview, John Rohner describes the latest progress in their technology and in their business plans to bring the technology to market, perhaps by this September. Within three years, the 2-cylinder engine that produces 400 HP (300 kW) could cost as little as $275."

http://pesn.com/2012/04/15/9602075_Intel..._Roll-out/

Here's John discussing his engine:

Very interesting thread. I can't wait to see where this technology leads.
If the original wasn't as complex, I'd go about making one.

If you Google "Papp Engine", this thread is shows up on page 3.
(08-07-2012, 10:09 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]If the original wasn't as complex, I'd go about making one.
I wouldn't mind building one also. Looks like the Lexan one would be fairly easy to build.

(08-07-2012, 10:09 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]If you Google "Papp Engine", this thread is shows up on page 3.
If all goes well, that should change in a few months. I remember reading about this engine 20 years ago. Considering its simplicity, it really doesn't make sense that it can do what is claimed and yet not have been studied or acknowledged by science. It's too simple to not replicate, which makes it easy to study. It's also simple enough where practical applications are obvious and straightforward. Nothing hidden or ambiguous or magical, so no inciting conspiracy nonsense (I know, boo).
I'm sure the technology's disregard involved ego issues. It is nice how portable it essentially is. Putting it in a vehicle is easy enough in terms of granting freedom, since it just replaces the gasoline engine. The biggest challenge will be how this just eliminates the need for centralization and distribution of power for home usage. Who regulates it, why, and how. A smaller unit could independently power a house, so no need for any of that.
(08-07-2012, 10:28 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-07-2012, 10:09 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]If the original wasn't as complex, I'd go about making one.
I wouldn't mind building one also. Looks like the Lexan one would be fairly easy to build.

I know a retired engineer who's pretty interested in this stuff...when I posted your video on the ReGenX machine to my facebook, he claimed that he had built one before. I'm going to see him this weekend, I'll share this with him and egg him on...if he's interested in building one, I'll take a video and post it here.

Quote:Nothing hidden or ambiguous or magical, so no inciting conspiracy nonsense (I know, boo).

I'm sure they'll be threatened by industry goons soon enough BigSmile
(08-08-2012, 12:36 AM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure they'll be threatened by industry goons soon enough BigSmile

Nah..too late for that since the technology is already being licensed.
Inteligentry could quite possibly be all a scam:
http://pesn.com/2012/08/21/9602163_Part_...eligentry/
The Elites simply won't let free energy become reality as long as their current incarnation continues. The good news is that they probably won't want to incarnate here for much longer. What use would they have of this planet once it starts manifesting 4d in space/time?
While that may be true, I'd not go overboard insisting everything is a conspiracy. It's actually a non-obvious, research-oriented pursuit.
(09-01-2012, 06:07 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]Inteligentry could quite possibly be all a scam:
http://pesn.com/2012/08/21/9602163_Part_...eligentry/

I'm choosing not to indulge in all those speculative comments within the article. Both groups seem like genuine people attempting to solve a problem, which they've dedicated their lives to.

It's rather amusing to suggest that these people would go through the motions of building a design, build facilities, accumulate investors, license the technology, all in the hopes that they might somehow "get away with it" without any sort of legal consequences.

Same with Thane Heins. I'm seeing a working LinkedIn page, and there's this new YouTube page associated with it..

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/pdi-ceo-thane.../30/2b/a74

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDiCanada1
You may be surprised to hear that 9 out of every 10 startup co. fails, even though most oftentimes, the entrepreneurial employees strongly believed in the product/service.
I wish they would just give all their findings away for humanity. I don't understand why they want to make money out of these. I would gladly publish everything publicly.
You may have come up with a good idea. That is, to be a custodian and organizer of this type of data. Takes time and dedication as well.
(09-20-2012, 07:23 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]You may be surprised to hear that 9 out of every 10 startup co. fails, even though most oftentimes, the entrepreneurial employees strongly believed in the product/service.

I can believe that. What I doubt is that they're trying to scam everyone.
(09-20-2012, 09:37 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2012, 07:23 PM)zenmaster Wrote: [ -> ]You may be surprised to hear that 9 out of every 10 startup co. fails, even though most oftentimes, the entrepreneurial employees strongly believed in the product/service.

I can believe that. What I doubt is that they're trying to scam everyone.
Intention, belief, and honesty are not so cut and dry though. I will say that Sterling Allen may be one of the more gullible and optimistic people I've seen on the internet. He also has quite a bit of experience with early-stage, alternative energy companies with no obvious reason to damage a company's rep. And for him to write such a review is an extremely strong statement.
One thing for certain is this John sounds like he's in over his head, but I will reserve judgement as to his intentions. Luckily Bob is working on his own design.
(09-21-2012, 10:27 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]One thing for certain is this John sounds like he's in over his head, but I will reserve judgement as to his intentions. Luckily Bob is working on his own design.
Well, fortunately we don't need to know intentions. We have science to explain things, after all. I'm not sure either of their situations are any different than with Sean McCarthy's company and what he adamantly believed in. Sometimes dreams and reality diverge, and it ain't due to a conspiracy.
Wrt to Steorn, Sterling Allan's informal, recent restaurant interview with Sean McCarthy reveals some business insight:
Can you summarize? That's difficult to listen to with the background noise.
Pages: 1 2