Bring4th

Full Version: I am here, too.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Brittany

I just wanted to share this experience I had today. Many of you know I have a condition that puts me in fairly excruciating pain on a frequent basis.

Today was one of those bad days, and I was literally thrashing and moaning in pain. It's amazing all the things that start running through your head in the face of torture- how clear your thoughts can become.

I often try to think of positive things during this time, calling out to my angels and visualizing healing light, etc. However, today I suddenly felt the urge to drop everything- all attempts at rationalization and resistance- and simply reach out and touch the Creator. I stood before the I AM as I was, wretched and sick, and instead of my usual pleas for the pain to be taken away, I surrendered myself and simply allowed myself to feel in spite of the pain.

The Creator said to me "Daughter, I am here, too." And though the pain didn't vanish, it was met with an equal pulse of love, and I realized that I was at peace in spite of the pain, and that there is absolutely nothing on this earth that can take my joy away from me. Peace is not a state of body or mind. It is a force unto its own that always surrounds us, simply waiting to be accepted. The most gut wrenching agony was instantly transformed into a moment of beauty that I am thankful for, simply because I allowed myself to trust in beauty in spite of pain.

Remember, even in your darkest hour and your deepest pain, I am there, too.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have had similar experiences to yours in regards to trying to ask Someone to take away physical pain that was particularly bad at that moment. Every single time I have been met with a much greater capacity to tolerate this pain and move past it at it's normal pace, but not actual reduced pain. I didn't feel like my prayers went unanswered, but that there was someone "there for me" who genuinely cared which made the pain significantly more bearable....

I always take this feeling and run with it. Wink

Brittany

I have asked time and again to at least understand the underlying root of this pain, so that I could attempt to balance whatever distortion is causing it, and the answer I always get is "Dear One, this must simply be endured." Perhaps the whole point was for me to realize what Joy truly is...something that exists apart from my physical state.
(08-06-2012, 06:19 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I have asked time and again to at least understand the underlying root of this pain, so that I could attempt to balance whatever distortion is causing it, and the answer I always get is "Dear One, this must simply be endured." Perhaps the whole point was for me to realize what Joy truly is...something that exists apart from my physical state.

It is the Shadow which defines the Light.

Your post and your signature seem to be saying the same thing.
I think many people with chronic pain chose this in a pre-incarnative sense, and it seems pretty hard to escape(if not impossible in some cases) once you are in the midst of it.

I have asked myself, why did I choose to shatter my femur and commit myself to a lifetime of pain? I know it reset a life that was wildly off track, and allowed me time of seclusion in which I awoke.
Parsons, I heard fracturing the femur is the most painful condition. I've also heard several neuralgias that are as well. My mom has fibromyalgia, which causes her pain almost daily. And I'm starting to get a pain in my left shoulder because I always lean to my right to type on my laptop.

Ahktu, thank you for your encouraging words.