Bring4th

Full Version: ghost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
please exit this thread if you don't want to be creeped out.

the story:

Quote:Ghost in the Photo

The phones lit up at a Rhode Island radio station Thursday morning after a listener came forward with a quite unusual cell phone picture.

The Lite Rock 105 listener, Kasey, said she took a cell phone picture of her 22-month-old niece, Penny, while babysitting last week. After looking at her photos, she noticed what appeared to be an older woman standing behind Penny. However, she said the two of them were alone in the house when the picture was taken.

“When I first saw the image I jumped out of my skin,” Kasey said on Jones and Heather in the Morning. “There were no mirrors or television in the room to produce such an image.”

Is this the woman in the photo? Kasey’s family members think the image could be of her great-grandmother, who passed away in 1990.

The photo sparked quite the debate among listeners, who began flooding the radio station with calls about their beliefs and personal experiences with the afterlife, and some with their doubts about the legitimacy of the photo.

NOTE: a photo/computer tech associate examined the image and declared that was NOT altered. Another colleague concurred as well. They did a comparison with the great grandmother’s ‘living’ photo stating that they believed it was the same person, though the recent image looked a few years younger but the features were very similar.

the photo:
[Image: tumblr_m8ckkaKBkY1qe9qfso1_400.jpg]

I got the shivers seeing that photo.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread486879/pg1
Same here. Though it took a few seconds before I could see the other figure.

Brittany

That image is so clear I have a hard time not being skeptical. Had I seen it with no back story, I would simply assume two people were in the picture. The only odd thing is the woman's eyes...there is something "off" about them.

If it is real, well, that's sweet that a relative would show up in the picture. I don't find it creepy at all. Looks like baby has a guardian angel. Smile
If you look really hard, you can see the reflection of the person taking the picture in the "ghost woman's" eyes. Seems pretty solidly physical...
Is it just me or does the older lady look strangely similar to the child Wink.
(08-06-2012, 09:11 PM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]please exit this thread if you don't want to be creeped out.

Upon reading that I thought to myself, "oh yea this is gonna be good!!"

Sees the photo.....ahh WTF!!!! I don't know....the alleged phantom is very clear in this photo, no transparency whatsoever. I'm leaning more towards this isn't a ghost, but I could be wrong. Speculation is what makes life worth living.
(08-07-2012, 02:19 AM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]Upon reading that I thought to myself, "oh yea this is gonna be good!!"

yeah, apologies for getting everyone's hopes up. I'm just unusually squeamish when it comes to these sorts of vibrations. I can sit through horror and slasher films fine, but put in ghosts and poltergeists, and I'm a sweating pile of jelly Smile
That picture made me shiver quite a bit, not entirely sure why. . .
same here plenum. nothing freaks me out more than ghosts. i have no idea why. lol

Shin'Ar

A great art has been lost to the age of computer graphics.

That art was known well by the older authors and television producers.

It was the art of letting one's imagination create more horror than anything they could write or produce on the TV screen.

What you fear is your own imagination of what a ghost is, because you have not yet thought deeply enough about it.

This has recently been discussed in another thread so I won't bother to get into it here.

But let me point to that figure in the back and ask you all one thing.

Do you really suppose that an entity that is no longer physical would have the light reflecting off of it in exactly the same way that it does the girl?

It's a fake. A hoax.

What you don't see is that the little girl is looking at herself in an angled mirror and the person behind her, the photographer, has their hand out to the side with the camera pointed at the mirror.
The image initially raised my hackles a big, but on close inspection, I notice that they have exactly the same eyes. They also seem to have very similar features in general. What I think is "off" about her eyes is that they look way too clear and bright for a woman her age(they should appear more milky colored and unfocused).

But I guess it all boils down to if you think she is lying or not. I will not assume it's fake unless I see compelling evidence for that fact, so I will personally file that under "maybe" in the mean-time. If hypothetically discern if she made it up or not if I could speak to the photographer, or perhaps if I heard her interviewed about this.
CGI can do amazing things these days. I personally question evey photo purporting to be anything strange or supernatural these days.

Digital photography has taken us back to having to be there in person to believe.

Richard
I used to be a skeptic about these types of things, but i've lost interest in it... I'd rather look for the lesson within; getting too caught up in right/wrong and true/false doesn't seem to work out too well for me.

What can I take from this photo? That we are loved and we are kept company by those who left us behind. I don't really care if that is really her grandma or not; I believe that her grandma was watching over her regardless of the photo. That personal belief is all the 'proof' I need sometimes...
hogey, have you also considered that the entity could simply have the same higher self and her daughter was her grandmother in a past life? So perhaps the mother of this child took the death of her grandmother in 1990 very hard, and her showing up in this picture is a message from her higher self that not only is she just fine, but she is also in her own care in the form of her own daughter. This is kind of uncomfortable to admit, but I think my own father could have the same higher self as myself. I have a lot of the same tendencies but seem to be a more updated version of him. I have factored in the possibility of that it was somehow learned behavior, but due to the nature of the traits and the number of traits combined with my overly analytical nature make me doubt all of them could be learned behavior.
I like that thought. We share life when we go back to source with those of our higher self that are still incarnated. I find past lives and concurrent lives and all that stuff fascinating... Tongue

Zachary

Whether this is authentic or not the woman behind the little girl definently has a friendly vibration, nothing about this is freaky from my pov. Thanks for posting this plenum.