Bring4th

Full Version: Known Universe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Thought I'd share a video that humbled me. A simulated fly through of the known Universe based on real data (flying through a real 3D map of the cosmos). Each blip of white fuzz is a GALAXY, containing (on average) hundreds of billions of stars.

Wow, thanks for posting!

I love this particular walkthrough as translated from the verbal depiction in The Urantia Book.

Shin'Ar

And yet so many of us humans exist in the mindset that this tiny point of the universe should be all that we experience.

There is such Mystery out there waiting our seeking of it.

To ignore it all for the sake of the simple lusts of what we are addicted to here, is the great failing of the human race.
Wow, I never knew they had mapped so many galaxies.
In this Universe there could very well be an infinite number of galaxies.

Shin'Ar, I like what you say about simple lusts and addictions. Yes, they keep our mind from expanding.
Hmm, the shape reminds me a bit of a spider web BigSmile
I also like this Powers of Ten video:

Take us to the subatomic level!!!

Cyan

(08-15-2012, 10:01 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]And yet so many of us humans exist in the mindset that this tiny point of the universe should be all that we experience.

There is such Mystery out there waiting our seeking of it.

To ignore it all for the sake of the simple lusts of what we are addicted to here, is the great failing of the human race.

I have recently come to accept that the greatest failing of our race is our lack of curiosity.
This one is better than Powers of Ten

And here is Imagining the Tenth Dimension. It's still within third density.