Bring4th

Full Version: Paleo diet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I thought some here would be interested in a topic I've been investigating lately- the Paleo diet. The premise behind this diet is that it is theoretically the best possible diet humans can have (for optimal health) given that it is in line with what humans have evolved around (have been eating for many tens of thousands of years). Breads and other such food items did not come about until 10,000 years ago at most- so they are excluded. And of course processed sugars, fast foods, and dairy are also out. Incidentally this appears to be, at least so far with my investigations, very similar to the "low carb" and "Atkins" diets.

Has anyone here tried it out, if so what did you think? I'm on day 2 of this new diet now. If anyone is interested I'll post my findings now and again.

Here is an interview that got me interested in the topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdJFbjWHEU

cheers!

Meerie

yeah I am interested Smile
Can you post what you eat today, for example?
is there a special reason why you are choosing this diet? (work out? muscles?)
Eric, don't forget the picking up and putting down of heavy rocks as part of the Paleo experience Tongue

it's true;
Speaking in averages, I suppose so yes. But of course, each entity is unique, and certain foods which would be perfect for one, might cause major problems for another. Our subconscious beliefs alone could make a food item that would be healthy for us, give a negative effect on the body. Best to read as much as you can, but always experiment with a keen sense of listening to your own body when trying out what foods to eat I say...
I eat boneless skinless chicken breasts and sweet potatoes 4 times a day. Big premise of this diet is that our digestive systems haven't evolved enough to properly digest and absorb nutrients from foods such as rice, grains, legumes(I think), etc.

I have so much more energy from eating simply chicken and sweet potatoes and actually feel quite ill if I eat other foods like fast food, beef, processed meats, etc.

I found a life altering quote and ideology while reading about buddhism that society today, has turned eating into an event full of enjoyment rather than what it is. Once you get to the realization that food was never meant to be enjoyed and simply for survival, it's much easier to eat the same thing every day. Of course, I still eat other foods every now and then but it has to be whole foods with very little processed ingredients
(08-19-2012, 04:50 AM)Meerie Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I am interested Smile
Can you post what you eat today, for example?
is there a special reason why you are choosing this diet? (work out? muscles?)

Hey Meerie,

Yup, here is a rough idea of yesterday:
Breakfast- Scrambled eggs, coffee, smoothie (spinach, strawberries, banana)
Lunch- Apples, Ahi tuna jerky, a banana, smoothie #2 (carrot, romain lettus, strawberries, banana, pecans)
Dinner- A huge salmon fillet (1lb!), mixed brown rice & salad

I'm not 100% sure rice is paleo or not. I know brown rice has a lot of good things in it through. The cool thing so far about this diet is that I feel full longer. Apparently fast carbs go through your system so fast that you end up feeling food cravings much sooner than on a high protein diet.

The absolute hardest part of yesterday was taking my two boys out to a local pizzeria. They ordered what may have been the best looking pizza slices I've ever seen- and I had nothing but a cup of water because their menu had nothing I could eat. So I sat with them for 20 minutes while they ate, and even bagged up some left overs when they were done which I would normally have eaten. That was a good exercise in willpower. Smile

On that note- one version of this diet that I've read about includes one day in the week called "eat anything you want day". I may do that starting next weekend. It's a lot easier for me to do this diet during the work week, not as much on the weekends- and besides, I still *enjoy* eating sugars and breads, so this may be a wise thing to do if I am going to follow this diet over a long period of time (months, years...) Any thoughts?

My reason for trying this diet is mostly for physical aesthetics. I'm in to regular running and don't have very much body fat, but nevertheless have a little bit left that won't seem to go regardless of how many miles I pile on. I recently started a heavy weight lifting routine and so I figure as long as I'm doing that I may as well eat appropriately to see results from it. I admit it's a somewhat shallow endeavor- but should also add that there is an enormous sense of self confidence that comes along with being able to change the look of your physical vehicle. I'm also learning more about self discipline and patience which are helpful in other areas of my life.

plenum Wrote:Eric, don't forget the picking up and putting down of heavy rocks as part of the Paleo experience Tongue

Haha, excellent point! I will, also I intend to donate all my clothes and revert to animal hides. Also, I won't be showering anymore, just the now and again dunk in a river or lake. Smile Smile

Xradfl Wrote:I have so much more energy from eating simply chicken and sweet potatoes and actually feel quite ill if I eat other foods like fast food, beef, processed meats, etc.

Interesting, do you eat *only* chicken and sweet potatoes, or do you also eat other vegetables? It's important to make sure we don't become deficient in any minerals or vitamins that those foods can give us.

Also, I totally agree about your comment re: food as enjoyment vs. survival. If you look at western culture overall you'll find that we've pretty much become a comfort / pleasure obsessed society. Everyone hates exercise and loves sugar. It's no wonder that heart disease, diabetes and obesity have run amok in the USA.
With the exception of some weekend meals, yea I only eat that. You did remind me that I wanted to incorporate broccoli into my meals. I definitely don't strictly adhere to the paleo diet though. I'll munch on various trail mix type foods at work that include various nuts, dried fruits, and even some dark chocked plate.
I can't personally imagine anyone eating chicken for every meal in the paleolithic . . . especially since they hadn't been domesticated yet BigSmile

I'm more a believer in Man the Scavenger than Man the Hunter when it comes to the habits of our early ancestors. I'd imagine a paleo diet consisting of mostly seeds, berries, nuts, fruit, leafy greens, RAW veggies, occasional fish and, if you're lucky, meat.
I am trying to find out the paleo eating strategy, I'm looking for a list of foods that are acceptable and those that are ignored. I'm also wondering how strictly you have to be when following the paleo dieting for it to work,Thanks!!

Anaheim Hills Boot Camp
(08-19-2012, 09:38 AM)plenum Wrote: [ -> ]Eric, don't forget the picking up and putting down of heavy rocks as part of the Paleo experience Tongue

it's true;

Would this qualify as a heavy rock?

kettlebells
(08-21-2012, 07:06 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]I'm more a believer in Man the Scavenger than Man the Hunter when it comes to the habits of our early ancestors.

My impression is "all of the above." That is to say, different populations scavenged and/or hunted to different degrees. Certainly, the farther away from the equator a tribe roamed, the greater imperative there would be to hunt animals for food.

Eric Wrote:Has anyone here tried it out, if so what did you think?

The things I really like about the Paleo Diet is the elimination of processed foods and grains.

I have strong suspicions about the domestication of grains being so closely associated with the development of modern civilization. It seems that this "grain-based" diet we have been indoctrinated to consume was associated with some kind of genetic manipulation of humans along with the grasses that became grains.

Something very interesting I have found is that it is apparently common knowledge among archaeologists that a whole host of chronic diseases, as well as greater susceptibility to infection, emerged when different cultures switched to a grain-based diet. And yet- our dietary "establishment" still promotes grains as the foundation of a "healthy" diet.

Also- it is possible that our "space" friends instructed us to sprout the grains before eating them, and "somebody" came by later and selectively edited this from the historical record.

What I -don't- like about the Paleo Diet is the overemphasis on animal products, and the strains of fanaticism and extremism that run through its adherents. Many appear to be obsessed with CrossFit, for example.

The problem is, any time meatheads take hold of a dietary philosophy it tends to become oversimplified and sort of a cartoon-character version of itself. For example, I don't think whittling down one's entire diet to a handful of foods is a good idea in any scenario. Also, when people abuse a dietary philosophy in order to justify poor choices (like eating a pound of bacon a day) that's just silly.

IMO- Bottom line with Paleo is that it makes a lot of sense from the standpoint of getting the grains out. Though I would advise anybody to eat a wide variety of plant-based foods as the foundation of the diet.

If meat is consumed, be sure to "right size" it. Incompletely digested animal material in the bowel is a really -bad- idea. Which means- no more than 8 ounces (1/2 pound, 1/4 kilo) at a time. And for most people 3 - 4 ounces would be sufficient.

The "average" person needs about 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram body weight.

An "active" person needs about 1.0 - 1.2 grams of protein per kilogram body weight.

A person attempting to "bodybuild" needs about 1.5 - 2.0 grams of protein per kilogram body weight.
(08-19-2012, 11:18 AM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]My reason for trying this diet is mostly for physical aesthetics. I'm in to regular running and don't have very much body fat, but nevertheless have a little bit left that won't seem to go regardless of how many miles I pile on. I recently started a heavy weight lifting routine

There are many ways to accomplish that. Here is another one:

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/muscledvd...ledvd.html

(08-18-2012, 09:04 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]The premise behind this diet is that it is theoretically the best possible diet humans can have (for optimal health) given that it is in line with what humans have evolved around (have been eating for many tens of thousands of years).

This diet makes no sense to me, from a spiritual perspective. It doesn't take into consideration that we are evolving now, and that our DNA may be rapidly changing due to the transition to 4D.

It seems to me that the diet is looking backwards! It makes much more sense to me to reach forward to what we know about the diet in 4D, than to go back to the diet of early 3D.

(11-10-2012, 11:36 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]Also- it is possible that our "space" friends instructed us to sprout the grains before eating them, and "somebody" came by later and selectively edited this from the historical record.

:idea:

(11-10-2012, 11:36 AM)Tenet Nosce Wrote: [ -> ]What I -don't- like about the Paleo Diet is the overemphasis on animal products...The problem is, any time meatheads take hold of a dietary philosophy it tends to become oversimplified and sort of a cartoon-character version of itself.

Agreed. I wonder about the psychological and spiritual implications of using such a diet as a justification for heavy meat consumption, something that, as a society, we must move away from if we want our planet to continue to sustain our population.

As a side note, since Atkins was mentioned: I've been a vegetarian for 30 years, except for a 2-year period about 15 years ago, when I returned to eating meat in a desperate effort to address some elusive health problems. (It didn't help at all.) During that time, I actually tried Atkins for about 3 weeks. :exclamation:

I lost a few pounds, but got a sudden, severe case of arthritis, became constipated, and got hemorrhoids!!!

It was horrid, just horrid! I've never ever had hemorrhoids in my life, before or after!

shudder
(11-10-2012, 01:49 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder about the psychological and spiritual implications of using such a diet as a justification for heavy meat consumption, something that, as a society, we must move away from if we want our planet to continue to sustain our population.

I think a lot of it is a carryover from 2SD and the concept of animal sacrifice to "appease the gods."

Quote:43.6 Questioner: Are you saying, then, that these parts that are removed are related to the mass consciousness of the third-density human form and that this fear is being used in some way by the thought-form entities in these mutilations?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct as latterly stated. The thought-form entities feed upon fear; thus they are able to do precise damage according to systems of symbology. The other second-density types of which you speak need the, what you call, blood.

Then again:

Quote:43.7 Questioner: These other second-density types need the blood to remain in the physical? Do they come in and out of our physical from one of the lower astral planes?

Ra: I am Ra. These entities are, shall we say, creatures of the Orion group. They do not exist in astral planes as do the thought-forms but wait within the Earth’s surface. We, as always, remind you that it is our impression that this type of information is unimportant.

But beyond this, I think anything which can put human technology more in alignment with natural laws of the planetary entity, the better. And anything that can put human consciousness more in alignment with the Law of One, the better also.

Trying to fight or create friction against this development seems pretty absurd at this point to me. I feel like it should be obvious that using technology to more effectively accept nature, rather than to control it is the way to go.

But still there are real issues to be dealt with at the boundaries of human life with other life forms. We don't want animals running through the streets. And moreover, that isn't just the animal kingdom, but all of life. Who are we to say that the humans and the animals are more important than the algae and cyanobacteria, anyway? Wink
[Image: are-what-you-eat-burger.jpg]
[Image: banana-asian-boy-animated-gif-best.gif]
Paleo diet is effective in losing weight and like to add if someone is looking for weight loss than besides Paleo diet s/he must workout daily to burn fat, lose weight and lead active and healthy life.
Facial Hyperhidrosis Treatment