Bring4th

Full Version: attachments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been seeing a lot of messages for letting go of all attachments, but isn't the love held for another human being a good thing to have? like SaLuSs said something about letting go of all attachments recently but then stated that we need to be willing to let old relationships with people fall away and we will find new beautiful ones. but that clashes with the idea that we need to let go of attachments all together? i am confused. haha :-) i don't really care about harvest as a "focus on it" type thing anymore. i am just going to live my life as best i can living my joy as often as possible and being the cause of other peoples happiness all the time :-) this query isn't really super important for me to know the answer to. i just got curious. :-) so... any thoughts from you all? :-)

-Conifer17
namaste :-)
I personally think that meeting my significant other was one of the main reasons for this incarnation, so I would rather not let go of that particular attachment. Smile
I see it as a description of addictions, obsessions, and material wants.

These can keep you in the 3D timeline.
I love my girlfriend and with detachment I can let her experience what she wishes to experience, including the case where she would want to terminate our relationship. She is faithful, but I am not asking for this from her.

In other words, I have no attachment to any outcome from this relationship. I just love her exactly the way she is and I would continue to love her even if/when she finds herself with someone else.

This is how I understand detachment in the context of relationships.

So if your relationship is not based on dependency to each others then you are both free to be together.

Good link here: http://www.sloppynoodle.com/wp/emotional...horkelson/

More geared toward simple friendships but still very relevant in the context of couples.
Quote:Characteristics of a Dependent Relationship.

We all have a deep need, placed in us by God, for intimate friendships. How do we know when we’re meeting this need legitimately? Is there some way to recognize when we’ve crossed the line into dependency? Here are some signs that an emotional dependency has started:

When either party in a relationship:

- experiences frequent jealously, possessiveness and a desire for exclusivism, viewing other people as a threat to the relationship.

- prefers to spend time alone with this friend and becomes frustrated when this doesn’t happen.

- becomes irrationally angry or depressed when this friend withdraws slightly.

- loses interest in friendships other than this one.

- experiences romantic or sexual feelings leading to fantasy about this person.

- becomes preoccupied with this person’s appearance, personality, problems and interests.

- is unwilling to make short or long range plans that don’t include the other person,

- is unable to see the other’s faults realistically.

- becomes defensive about the relationship when asked about it.

- displays physical affection beyond that which is appropriate for a friendship.

- refers frequently to the other in conversation; feels free to “speak for” the other.

- exhibits an intimacy and familiarity with this friend that causes others to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed in their presence.

It is not necessary to "dettach" from absolutely everything, nor is that even expected within 3rd density. No, this is not the goal (especially if letting go of that does not bring you true satisfaction or sense of fulfillment).

Look at it this way: Is the sun attached to the planetary sphere and its entities? Nay, it radiates its light/love without reserve, without preference, without expectation, without attachment. The sun does not have a preference to radiate more to an Adolf Hitler than to a Mother Teresa; it doesn't have a preference to shine for the one typing these words any more than to shine for you, the one reading/hearing these words. There are no biases. The sun shines unconditionally.

One whom, in this incarnation, becomes without attachments, be them emotional or physical, becomes free to be and to love more purely, fully and abundantly, for the "need" for material possession, be that technological, economical, social, or even food, shelter or garments, is superceded by more fundamental "need," if you will, the original desire: to become and dissolve into the One Infinite Creator. Thus, one without attachments does not fear nor falter nor suffer, for all is provided and all is had in every moment of every time, for indeed the entity sees himself as one with other-selves and its environment, a totality, without distinctions, separations or differentiations; there are no preferential biases to possess this or that object or gadget or toy, neither are there any favoritisms to stay with this or that individual in a temporal relationship, for the relationship is had most intimately with itself as the All in total freedom of being and allowance and abundance at all times.

For an entity without attachments, all is ever well, and all is ever One.

It is, once again, not necesary for an entity in 3rd density to shed itself from all its "baggage," so to speak, for many of these attachments, biases and distortions are part of 3rd density experience, and are indeed very useful in and of themselves, and allow for a rich and varied experience to be had, from which much can be harvested.

Simply know, that when something is no longer needed (be that a material indulgence, social relationship, or any other emotional experience), it simply falls away and a new lesson and journey may be welcomed. Nothing is ever lost. And there is no need for any entity, truly, to impose things upon itself which do not make it feel well and at ease with itself and its situation at the current time. Thus, our only suggestion is that the entity seek to become ever more aware of itself, and all shall fall into place at the right time.

oh, well then i am right on track :-) thank you for all your replies :-)
(08-28-2012, 01:51 PM)Pickle Wrote: [ -> ]I see it as a description of addictions, obsessions, and material wants.

These can keep you in the 3D timeline.

I feel there are certain things in my life I might call a material want or an obscession. So it's possible these may keep me here, reincarnating in 3D. Are we to get rid of them? Ra says not to overcome any desire. I think I need to meditate more.

Patrick, your list there really clears some things up for me. I've got some work to do.
(08-28-2012, 03:05 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]...I feel there are certain things in my life I might call a material want or an obscession. So it's possible these may keep me here, reincarnating in 3D...

My friend, you don't need to "fix" anything here in 3d. You are only here to make The Choice. Do you feel you made that choice ? If you are a wanderer though, you may also use 3d for balancing as well as remaking that choice again. But that's just a bonus. Smile
Yeah, I definitely have made the choice. I think about it quite often. That's probably my obscession.

I had heard it said that the only way to miss harvest is to worry about missing harvest. So I don't worry about it.
But each new piece of information I learn along the way gets me thinking.

The amount of 3D catalyst here helps me tremendously for balancing. I've been working on that the most.
I really hope my home is 6D. It's my favorite. Thanks Patrick for your input.

Cyan

(08-28-2012, 01:39 PM)Conifer16 Wrote: [ -> ]i have been seeing a lot of messages for letting go of all attachments, but isn't the love held for another human being a good thing to have? like SaLuSs said something about letting go of all attachments recently but then stated that we need to be willing to let old relationships with people fall away and we will find new beautiful ones. but that clashes with the idea that we need to let go of attachments all together? i am confused. haha :-) i don't really care about harvest as a "focus on it" type thing anymore. i am just going to live my life as best i can living my joy as often as possible and being the cause of other peoples happiness all the time :-) this query isn't really super important for me to know the answer to. i just got curious. :-) so... any thoughts from you all? :-)

-Conifer17
namaste :-)

I think something that a friend of mine once said bears repeating over and over again here.

"We are like bad luciferians, in that we fail to be bad"

We have an inherant darkness as humans but somehow, despite all that, we end up being an okay, if nto a great race! BigSmile
It's kind of funny when you face your darkness. I'm glad it doesn't hit me all at once.

I also found that a lot of my darkness was illusory. It wasn't really dark, but was my own mind
creating the illusion of darkness within me. This manifested as a "black hole" of sin that I was trying
to contend with. It wasn't real, but my mind made it real.

There is also real darkness within us, which I believe we will have to face upon harvest.
I am not sure if we will be harvested in this life, or after we die. There are mixed messages.
It doesn't matter so much for me, because 3D allows me opportunity for balancing my darkness with my light,
as well as my chakras.
I think it is after we die. that is what it seems Ra is saying. :-)

Shin'Ar

It is always about balancing the state of being, or the process of being. As our field of consciousness evolves from one incarnation to another we are challenged with balancing the leaving behind of what we thought we knew for the acquisition of that of which we are becoming aware.

One cannot move forward without leaving behind where they had been. This process of being which we are is an unending balancing act stepping from the known into the unknown; the error into its correction.

The struggle is existing in the 'in between'.

It is no problem to remain in error. Ignorance is bliss.

It is no problem to learn; this is what we do from infancy naturally as we experience life.

The struggle comes in trying to balance what we learn with that which we thought we knew.

Letting go of our attachment is not easy when what is offered as a replacement is Unknown Mystery.
(08-31-2012, 03:50 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Letting go of our attachment is not easy when what is offered as a replacement is Unknown Mystery.

This comes down to fear. Discovering oneself is part of the mystery. It's not just out there mystery, but within. The mystery causes us to change, to get out of our comfort zone. And it's accelerating with the advancement of 4D. I think at first 4D might seem disharmonious. It's not until you're well into 4D that it becomes harmonious as Ra mentions.

Shin'Ar

(08-31-2012, 03:56 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2012, 03:50 PM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]Letting go of our attachment is not easy when what is offered as a replacement is Unknown Mystery.

This comes down to fear. Discovering oneself is part of the mystery. It's not just out there mystery, but within. The mystery causes us to change, to get out of our comfort zone. And it's accelerating with the advancement of 4D. I think at first 4D might seem disharmonious. It's not until you're well into 4D that it becomes harmonious as Ra mentions.

GW, let me ask you this,

do you suppose that if you were not aware of 4d or anything at all about dimensional shifts, would you be fearful about discovering the divine within you?
I'd have to say if I didn't know about shifts or 4D or even the Ra material, I wouldn't have so many assumptions or questions. I think in that case I'd have less fear. Because what I've read has caused certain beliefs within me. It has made my life a little more complex.

I think I see where you're going. It would benefit me to put aside my notions of what 4D might be. And just seek the divine within.

The only fear I have, though I'm not sure it's a fear, is having to wade through the remaining 3D catalyst. I may have a long life before I get to see 4D. Before this knowledge, I didn't have concern about these things. I may have 50 or more years of life before seeing 4D, assuming I graduate.
(08-31-2012, 05:54 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to say if I didn't know about shifts or 4D or even the Ra material, I wouldn't have so many assumptions or questions. I think in that case I'd have less fear. Because what I've read has caused certain beliefs within me. It has made my life a little more complex.

I've had the opposite experience, before the Law of One I used to worry about EVERYTHING! Now I just take it easy because "All is well." BigSmile
I don't really worry about things. But I'm really inquisitive. Hence why I post so much on this forum.
I've grown kind of attached to it, and learning what I can.

Spaced, what you said there made me rethink my statements. Sometimes I don't know what I think.

I agree with you that "All is Well", in one regard. Then there's always the human factor, and having to interact with otherselves that provides a challenge. One thing, I've never really worried about EVERYTHING. The Law of One just gives me more to think about.
GW, your posts have a certain allure and aura of innocent purity, which actually surfaces a sense of primeval joy of untarnished curiosity in my mind. May be that is the sort of feeling that gave rise to the dreaming of the Creator (i.e., creation) in the first place.
Thank you for the warm feelings Confused. I do feel close to Creator. I can visualize a soft white light around me, and feel like I'm held. I don't really even need to meditate for that. So lately, rather than trying to balance my chakras, I've focused on feeling the One Infinite Creator, and allowing the balancing to happen itself.

I'm glad I can bring you joy. I have often though of myself to be inquisitive like a child. I see those around me with so much wisdom that I cannot offer much in terms of knowledge compared to what they seem to speak of. But I offer warmth, light and love. Even for my mother who is sometimes hard to get along with, I see love in almost every moment. If I don't, then I soon find myself being pulled back toward love.

I am glad at least part of me comes through my words. In real life you'd probably find me much the same. Seemingly innocent, and with kind eyes. I've met Monica of this forum, and she commented on how kind my eyes were.

But at the same token, I'm tired of 3D, and want to go home. I do the work that comes along, and try to do it with love, so that I may be of service to others. Because service without love is not service to others.

I've been blessed by several experiences from I believe Ra. They were challenging, but I came through. So now, I work on some self-doubts that I have, which are few, and preparing myself for climbing the steps of light. It's one of my ambitions. I don't know if that sounds selfish, but I desire (my main desire) is to get as close to Creator as possible. I realize I am Creator, but I would like to fully actualize that (if that's the right word). Can we know ourselves enough so that we really do become Creator. It is not enlightenment that I seek. But just to touch the love of Creator. To be held by him as a child.
(08-31-2012, 06:59 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the warm feelings Confused. I do feel close to Creator. I can visualize a soft white light around me, and feel like I'm held. I don't really even need to meditate for that. So lately, rather than trying to balance my chakras, I've focused on feeling the One Infinite Creator, and allowing the balancing to happen itself.

I'm glad I can bring you joy. I have often though of myself to be inquisitive like a child. I see those around me with so much wisdom that I cannot offer much in terms of knowledge compared to what they seem to speak of. But I offer warmth, light and love. Even for my mother who is sometimes hard to get along with, I see love in almost every moment. If I don't, then I soon find myself being pulled back toward love.

I am glad at least part of me comes through my words. In real life you'd probably find me much the same. Seemingly innocent, and with kind eyes. I've met Monica of this forum, and she commented on how kind my eyes were.

But at the same token, I'm tired of 3D, and want to go home. I do the work that comes along, and try to do it with love, so that I may be of service to others. Because service without love is not service to others.

I've been blessed by several experiences from I believe Ra. They were challenging, but I came through. So now, I work on some self-doubts that I have, which are few, and preparing myself for climbing the steps of light. It's one of my ambitions. I don't know if that sounds selfish, but I desire (my main desire) is to get as close to Creator as possible. I realize I am Creator, but I would like to fully actualize that (if that's the right word). Can we know ourselves enough so that we really do become Creator. It is not enlightenment that I seek. But just to touch the love of Creator. To be held by him as a child.

I just have no words to describe the beauty and simple, yet deep, spiritual greatness of this post of yours, GW. You are a blessed soul with great gifts of knowing to offer to the creation of the One Infinite Creator. Thank you for blessing my life with your presence through this forum. Thank you!
At work, my coworker called me on the phone, and IM'd me (instant message), "pick up neo". So he was in a sense calling me Neo from the Matrix. I guess my coworker sort of sees me like him. Instead of that line "knock, knock neo" it was "pick up neo". I thought it was funny.

Shin'Ar

(08-31-2012, 05:54 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have to say if I didn't know about shifts or 4D or even the Ra material, I wouldn't have so many assumptions or questions. I think in that case I'd have less fear. Because what I've read has caused certain beliefs within me. It has made my life a little more complex.

I think I see where you're going. It would benefit me to put aside my notions of what 4D might be. And just seek the divine within.

The only fear I have, though I'm not sure it's a fear, is having to wade through the remaining 3D catalyst. I may have a long life before I get to see 4D. Before this knowledge, I didn't have concern about these things. I may have 50 or more years of life before seeing 4D, assuming I graduate.

So when you manage to distill your anxiety down to its base element, you realize that your actual fear is in not having definite answers to your many questions.

It is not fear that you are experiencing, it is impatience and uncertainty.

And I have to tell you that it is not going to be alleviated in 4d.

So your challenge now is to understand how to accept the Mystery and exist within it, rather than experience the frustration of trying to solve it and never winning that contest.

Your graduation is not going to be from 3d into 4d. It is going to be from thinking that you must answer the riddle of creation into a thinking where you realize that such Mystery is the element which keeps creation infinite and continuing.

Mystery is life blood of Creation.

until we can find peace with that reality, we will suffer impatient yearning for resolve.

In your present state of being, you will continue to experience such in 4d, and further until you finally settle into the Mystery.
Thank you Shin'Ar for the feedback. I understand now that I will still face challenges I have not resolved in 4D. I like where you state the difference in thinking: "It is going to be from thinking that you must answer the riddle of creation into a thinking where you realize that such Mystery is the element which keeps creation infinite and continuing."

So my experience in 4D will be similar to where I leave off in 3D. That's important to know.
(09-01-2012, 06:46 AM)ShinAr Wrote: [ -> ]

So when you manage to distill your anxiety down to its base element, you realize that your actual fear is in not having definite answers to your many questions.

It is not fear that you are experiencing, it is impatience and uncertainty.

And I have to tell you that it is not going to be alleviated in 4d.

So your challenge now is to understand how to accept the Mystery and exist within it, rather than experience the frustration of trying to solve it and never winning that contest.

Your graduation is not going to be from 3d into 4d. It is going to be from thinking that you must answer the riddle of creation into a thinking where you realize that such Mystery is the element which keeps creation infinite and continuing.

Mystery is life blood of Creation.

until we can find peace with that reality, we will suffer impatient yearning for resolve.

In your present state of being, you will continue to experience such in 4d, and further until you finally settle into the Mystery.

Word for word, this counsel speaks to my way of thinking and the reasons for my anxiety. Thanks for the post, though it is for GW. I was able to get some perspective on my mental agonies. Some of the lines were exquisitely poignant.