Bring4th

Full Version: Life...simplified.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've come to realize that as long as I live in this world, there will always be new information to process, new ideas to share...and that there will always be new perspectives to consider. Below I have written my own personal way of life, my own personal tao...and I invite you to write your own "simplified way of life," and if you have not narrowed it down to anything simple, then let's discuss!

1.)Compassion (def.= sympathy for others suffering and wanting to alleviate it) and respect for others, guide my thoughts and actions.

2.)Clarity of intellect and emotions, through a steady practice of feeling peace inside my own self (meditation being the primary foundation for this).

I could always add more to this...but the whole point of this thread is to keep it simple...narrow it down to the MOST important values/ideas you live by and practice (whether you feel you are adept at it or not). Godspeed!
I find this idea intriguing, but I think rather technically, and can't immediately think of things that I would like to write if simplified.

'Consideration of others' is important to me, but to what extent I actually practice that, I mean, what does that mean? I remember Ra speaking of positive polarity and talking about accurately seeing other people. To see others feelings clearly is a talent I do not yet possess, to the extent I'd like.

True feeling. Much like Karl Marx's species being. I can get behind that, am I being my true being; in a given situation?

Yet I am not committing to these two yet!
Ah...the objective vs subjective dilemma...which one are you really being in a given moment?

Isn't life just splendidly easy to pick apart? lol.

I guess...go with the flow?

*scratches head* :-/
I won't attempt to summarize my life (just yet!), but I will share a few simple things that I am trying to live faithfully each day.

1. Living in complete honesty towards myself and other-selves, from the big to small things each day.
2. Approach every other-self with a "guard down" approach.
3. Finding the love in the moment, in every moment (this can be difficult!)

EDIT: almost forgot,

4. trust my intuition!
Not sure if sayings count as ways of life, but...

Something I try to remember to repeat fairly often: "I love the Lord my God with all my heart and all my mind and all my soul, and I love my neighbor as myself."
βαθμιαίος: Heh, of course sayings count man...as long as it counts for you, then it counts!

Lavazza: Yeah the honesty thing can be tricky when we're so used to half-truths being "ok."

Brittany

When you get down to it, two things matter most to me:

1. Truth. Everyone has the right to know it, and decide what they want to do with it.

2. Unconditional love. Everyone deserves to feel it.

Yep. That about sums it up.
(10-27-2009, 06:22 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]When you get down to it, two things matter most to me:

1. Truth. Everyone has the right to know it, and decide what they want to do with it.

2. Unconditional love. Everyone deserves to feel it.

Yep. That about sums it up.

Oh man..that one sounds tricky! The one about truth I mean...I bet you have a fine balance of being blunt vs being gentle with the truth..also there are different versions of the truth on many matters, at least the way I see it Tongue
(10-27-2009, 09:02 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man..that one sounds tricky! The one about truth I mean...I bet you have a fine balance of being blunt vs being gentle with the truth..also there are different versions of the truth on many matters, at least the way I see it Tongue

It's a really fine line to walk! I guess one way to try and figure it out is to stop and think about telling a half truth, who is benefitting from it? You, or the other person? In other words, am I just telling this half truth to make things less embarrassing, more convenient, etc. for yourself? Or is it because the full truth is totally unnecessary and would actually just be harmful to the other person?

Having said that, I'm by far not a master at figuring that out on the fly in a conversation.

I've actually noticed life getting a little easier in the last month or so since I decided to try making conscious efforts towards total honesty by the way. So to anyone interested following along, it's not all work. Smile

Brittany

I was really talking about truth in a greater sense- everyone deserves to know the nature of their souls and the power they have, and the choice that is in front of them, but I try to avoid dishonesty on every level when possible. Still, an ounce of tact can go a long way.