Bring4th

Full Version: Phantom of the Ra'pera: Scary Hallowe'en Thread {{Boo!}}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, My Fellow Blustering Wanderers!

In keeping with the seasonal changes, I'm curious about what frightens people most in the LOO material. Beyond the STS stuff which gets enough discussion already, I'm wondering who's scared by the positive stuff.

Bar none, I find the Law of Responsibility the scariest thing of all and I attribute to it a great deal of my unconscious reluctance to plow ahead these days in my own spiritual developement.

On paper it looks kind of stupid. I've worked like a sonofabitch to move closer and closer to my central self. But at this stage I can feel that the result of further slogging would be the gathering of a variety of hitherto disconnected aspects, not all of which are equally clean. The prospect of having to scrub all that down in due course--or else suffering the consequences--is a mite worrisome. I mean, I kind of like mild "contumely & discord" from time to time. My life at this stage is not ideal, I suppose, but neither is it terrible. I could hang out here awhile longer before jumping yet again off the cliff into the maelstrom...reliable Fool that I am.

It makes little sense to slow down now, but that's what I've been feeling myself doing for some time and I've come to understand that a reluctance to take responsibility for "propinquity to the light" (meaning, close proximity) is a major factor. I'm not complaining. It all makes sense. I know that the intensity of my seeking and that which is sought are both sitting together inside me, just out of reach. But still it's scary and fitting for the season, eh?

Below are some quotations to fill in what I'm referring to.

Session 60 Wrote:At this space/time we may best serve you, we believe, by stating that the pyramid for meditation along with other rounded and arched or pointed circular shapes is of help to you. However, it is our observation that due to the complexity of influences upon the unmanifested being at this space/time nexus among your planetary peoples it is best that the progress of the mind/body/spirit complex take place without, as you call them, training aids because when using a training aid an entity then takes upon itself the Law of Responsibility for the quickened or increased rate of learn/teaching. If this greater understanding, if we may use this misnomer, is not put into practice in the moment by moment experience of the entity, then the usefulness of the training aid becomes negative.

Session 101 Wrote:Questioner: Thank you. Could Ra give information on any way that we could give information to (name) as to how to alleviate her present condition of swelling?

Ra: I am Ra. We may only suggest that the honor of propinquity to light carries with it the Law of Responsibility. The duty to refrain from contumely and discord in all things, which, when unresolved within, makes way for workings, lies before the instrument of which you speak. This entity may, if it is desired by the scribe, share our comments upon the working of the latter entity.

July 18, 1982; Jim Channeling Wrote:I am Latwii. My sister, this is correct. You have within this group a family of light beings and each, therefore, has the opportunity to accelerate its polarity and its evolution by means of the utilization of the information generated in these meditations and in the meditations which have resulted in the Ra contact. Therefore, the Law of Responsibility holds sway, so that where the opportunity to accelerate evolution upon the positive path comes into being, there must also be the balancing opportunity for the entity to choose the opposite path.

This last part is, I believe, is another matter and, I suspect, should scare me more than it does.

If anyone else is afraid of Light, Love, service or whatever I'd be interested to read about it as the nights grow longer and chillier and more shadow laden and the damned mice move indoors for the Winter...
Great idea for a thread, as if this site wasn't therapeutic enough eh, lol.

Seriously though...the only thing that really sticks in the back of my mind and in my heart is probably the only REAL fear I have...I'm afraid of living a long life. I reeeeaaaally don't want want to live on this plane of reality longer than I have to. I'm cool with duality, and to a certain extent disharmony as well...but I am NOT down with the whole veiling of higher realms and higher truths. The veil is so heavy and all inclusive...bleh.

*big sigh*

Good to get it out there...Godspeed!!!
(10-28-2009, 02:58 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea for a thread, as if this site wasn't therapeutic enough eh, lol.

Seriously though...the only thing that really sticks in the back of my mind and in my heart is probably the only REAL fear I have...I'm afraid of living a long life. I reeeeaaaally don't want want to live on this plane of reality longer than I have to. I'm cool with duality, and to a certain extent disharmony as well...but I am NOT down with the whole veiling of higher realms and higher truths. The veil is so heavy and all inclusive...bleh.

*big sigh*

Do you have any clues about pre-incarnative goals you might have had before checking-in down here? Maybe you could be doing things now that might preclude further travels?

ayadew

My dear peregrine, your mere existence is enough for you to put your 'greater understanding' into 'practice', for you are all things and this is included.
In regards to Ra's choice of words and the 3rd density illusion's circumstances, the word 'negative' implies that the usefulness of the training simply becomes nothing... if you do not use the greater understanding in each moment, then those moments are wasted in the purpose of using this greater understanding and your training aids were of little meaning. It's not like you become a bad person, lol!
(10-28-2009, 03:39 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]My dear peregrine, your mere existence is enough for you to put your 'greater understanding' into 'practice', for you are all things and this is included.
In regards to Ra's choice of words and the 3rd density illusion's circumstances, the word 'negative' implies that the usefulness of the training simply becomes nothing... if you do not use the greater understanding in each moment, then those moments are wasted in the purpose of using this greater understanding and your training aids were of little meaning. It's not like you become a bad person, lol!

No, not a bad person. There are other means for that distortion.

Unless I'm making it up, someplace there's another Ra Session that states that if "higher level" teachings are accepted, but not acted upon, it will be more difficult (somehow) to access them in the future. (Maybe someone else knows where to find this?) I believe they meant "negative" in that sense.
(10-28-2009, 03:12 AM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2009, 02:58 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea for a thread, as if this site wasn't therapeutic enough eh, lol.

*big sigh*

Do you have any clues about pre-incarnative goals you might have had before checking-in down here? Maybe you could be doing things now that might preclude further travels?

To be honest...when I feel I am most in tune with my spirit guides, the message is to pretty much just go with the flow of life, and be peaceful. A lot of the passion and desires I used to hold on to, felt more like passions of past lives that are just being echoed in this one. I do not even like being passionate...but desire peace in my little bubble of reality.

Other than that, I feel I have accomplished a LOT of spiritual growth, and I am more or less tired of this game. I have no idea what I could have possibly planned to do after this point, but all I want now is peace (which thankfully I have gotten exceptionally good at practicing), and to make other people's lives a little bit brighter.
perigrine Wrote:Do you have any clues about pre-incarnative goals you might have had before checking-in down here? Maybe you could be doing things now that might preclude further travels?

Turtle Wrote:To be honest...when I feel I am most in tune with my spirit guides, the message is to pretty much just go with the flow of life, and be peaceful. A lot of the passion and desires I used to hold on to, felt more like passions of past lives that are just being echoed in this one. I do not even like being passionate...but desire peace in my little bubble of reality.

Other than that, I feel I have accomplished a LOT of spiritual growth, and I am more or less tired of this game. I have no idea what I could have possibly planned to do after this point, but all I want now is peace (which thankfully I have gotten exceptionally good at practicing), and to make other people's lives a little bit brighter.

Sounds like not a terrible place to be, by any means. Sorry about the lack of passion, though. This is a tough place to abide--even if it does just feel like having stepped out for a smoke when you return--and if it's not yet feeling rewarding to be here, then it's not nearly SO satisfying!

I have my good days now & then and, perhaps perversely, am glad to be here right now. Not long ago I wasn't so sure, so I know how you feel. All I can say is, it feels better to like it.

I wish you the best!
Meanwhile, back on the topic of the thread. I've also found the following concept quite unsettling over the years. It's only now that I'm toying with making peace with it (with lot's of help from brother βαθμιαίος).

Session 16 Wrote:Questioner: Thank you very much. In previous material, before we communicated with you, it was stated by the Confederation that there is actually no past or future … that all is present. Would this be a good analogy?

Ra: I am Ra. There is past, present, and future in third density. In an overview such as an entity may have, removed from the space/time continuum, it may be seen that in the cycle of completion there exists only the present. We, ourselves, seek to learn this understanding. At the seventh level or dimension, we shall, if our humble efforts are sufficient, become one with all, thus having no memory, no identity, no past or future, but existing in the all.

Again, I'm kind of used to having an identity, a memory, some hope for a future, etc.

Now, you could say that it's a bit premature to worry about 7D at this point. I wouldn't argue about that; however I must honor the catalyst in my energy field and apprehension about (lack of acceptance of) this is haunting me.

It's vewy scarwy!!!!!
(10-28-2009, 03:39 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]My dear peregrine, your mere existence is enough for you to put your 'greater understanding' into 'practice', for you are all things and this is included.

Roger that, ayadew. However, sometimes it's a lot easier to embrace the rhetoric than to accept and embrace the catalyst consequent to the initial embrace, no?

ayadew

(10-28-2009, 03:33 PM)peregrine Wrote: [ -> ]Roger that, ayadew. However, sometimes it's a lot easier to embrace the rhetoric than to accept and embrace the catalyst consequent to the initial embrace, no?

Quite so. To attempt serve through words is near hopeless, yet even if the stale rhetorics has a pico-percentage chance of being useful to you, it's enough reason.
The rhetoric, for me, is mostly of intellectual interest, and I suppose, by your formulation, it's the same for you.
And yet, by some words, we are profoundly changed and inspired, greater than many 'experienced'/'real-life' catalysts.

As for actually being on topic, I'm afraid of staying on this planet for another cycle. Trivial huh, since I bet I'll do this many times more in another place.. and enjoy it Smile
I find the idea of walking the steps of light at harvest time somewhat daunting.

Also, and this isn't for me personally, but I really don't like the idea that a wanderer was infringed on and displaced to negative time/space.

Brittany

I know this might not make any sense at all, but sometimes I’m afraid everything will get too wonderful too quickly. I’m really enjoying the journey and I fear that when I leave this body everything will be overwhelming and I won’t be able to take some time to just enjoy the ride. This life seems unbearable at times, but I don’t want to just jump to the top, either. Want to take it slow and help along the way. Meh…this one has hard time putting these feelings into words. Barely makes sense in my own head, much less when I try to tell it to other people.
I tend to think we must be misunderstanding the idea of what judgment means (which seems contrary to unconditional love) in a world where we don't know anything by choice ('Law of Confusion'). A paradox is created by the fear of the unknown (i.e. what happens after) which is created by not knowing which was ... by choice ... which ... means ...

The entities in the 'higher realms' are involved in maintaining our 'Free Will' (outside this illusion, not inside it) choice to hide from the truth, by ensuring that we do not become aware of it.

So my only fear is that I chose to come here to experience not knowing by choice, to see what I would do in such an environment (with a human body etc. with may other-selves at the same time), and all the time I could be enjoying the place I came to experience not knowing was wasted trying to know that which I didn't want to know (for a 'time') to begin with. Further that all the negative things that we experience here (within the veil) are a result of our lack of understanding the maintenance of the Law of Confusion (inside veil), called Free Will (outside veil), both true, but depending on which side of the veil you are on. Whereas what seems a negative experience here, in the light of truth outside the illusion isn't so negative (i.e. we don't die ... that's kinda huge ... and no real judgment [not in the way we think of it; more perhaps in what experience we gathered being desirable]), and thus Free Will of our 'Higher Self' is maintained.