Bring4th

Full Version: Suffering and Separation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was pondering the "evils" of the world--all the things we rail against, all the challenges that seem unfair or unjust--and it suddenly occurred to me that the only things we really couldn't experience in Unity were suffering and separation. And thus it would follow that part of our goal in incarnating here was to experience grief, loss, suffering, alienation--all the things that we could never understand without having forgotten the truth of our Unity....all the things we THINK we would want to avoid...and in fact, we seem to have created this lovely world for that purpose (and to give us an opportunity to experience Choice).

It sounds like a great game until we're here! (hmm....I think you could even do a sort of spin-off of the game Life using this model...drawing cards like, "You forget that the person who just cut you off in traffic is really YOU and allow this experience to "ruin" your evening out with friends, missing a valuable opportunity for blue-level intimacy" --go back 3 spaces. Then maybe you'd draw something like, "You earn philanthropic karma for choosing to assist your sibling with college without expectation of any return" ---go forward 5 spaces BigSmile )

Then I sort of cross-referenced this idea with the channeling I posted elsewhere on emotions (from Dec. 26, 2009): Your goal, then, is not to balance emotions until here is no emotion, but to experience each emotion in ways which allow those emotions to go from being muddy and confused to a place where each emotion is a jewel-tone.Gems come in all colors from black to white and everything in between. And the beauty of each is unique to that particular gem. Your emotions are gemlike. And when you have been able to allow the murk and the mud and the impulsivity gradually to evaporate from the heart and essence of each emotion, you are as one who has dug in the ore to mine those gems of self which you have in common with all those of your fellow humans. And as those energies within you are purified, there is less and less distortion [and] more and more balance, and less and less of that component of fear which we began by discussing. For it is indeed a valid observation that the one great original Thought is the emotion that is at the heart of every emotion, positive or negative. This is a trustworthy statement as far as we know. Every shade of emotion has its root in love, love unconditional, love un-judging, utter and absolute love. The oftener that you are able, at the end of working with emotions, to come back to love and to allow that love to overflow all other considerations, the stronger you shall be in being able to do this work of allowing the self to bloom.

HeartHeartHeart
(09-09-2012, 02:54 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]...(hmm....I think you could even do a sort of spin-off of the game Life using this model...drawing cards like, "You forget that the person who just cut you off in traffic is really YOU and allow this experience to "ruin" your evening out with friends, missing a valuable opportunity for blue-level intimacy" --go back 3 spaces. Then maybe you'd draw something like, "You earn philanthropic karma for choosing to assist your sibling with college without expectation of any return" ---go forward 5 spaces BigSmile )

LOL! Very cute! BigSmile

(09-09-2012, 02:54 PM)abstrktion Wrote: [ -> ]Then I sort of cross-referenced this idea with the channeling I posted elsewhere on emotions (from Dec. 26, 2009): Your goal, then, is not to balance emotions until here is no emotion, but to experience each emotion in ways which allow those emotions to go from being muddy and confused to a place where each emotion is a jewel-tone.Gems come in all colors from black to white and everything in between. And the beauty of each is unique to that particular gem. Your emotions are gemlike. And when you have been able to allow the murk and the mud and the impulsivity gradually to evaporate from the heart and essence of each emotion, you are as one who has dug in the ore to mine those gems of self which you have in common with all those of your fellow humans. And as those energies within you are purified, there is less and less distortion [and] more and more balance, and less and less of that component of fear which we began by discussing. For it is indeed a valid observation that the one great original Thought is the emotion that is at the heart of every emotion, positive or negative. This is a trustworthy statement as far as we know. Every shade of emotion has its root in love, love unconditional, love un-judging, utter and absolute love. The oftener that you are able, at the end of working with emotions, to come back to love and to allow that love to overflow all other considerations, the stronger you shall be in being able to do this work of allowing the self to bloom.

HeartHeartHeart

Thank you for the synchronistic reminder, Julie... Wink

P.S. I love that thread of yours on emotions. So, so beautiful. For some reason, in my mind, it is swathed in the most luminious colors (much like my thoughts of you, m'lady! BigSmile)
Abstriktion

I think, seriously, you should develop the game you talked about. Sounds like a fun, family game!

And I so completely agree with you that:

"Every shade of emotion has its root in love, love unconditional, love un-judging, utter and absolute love. The oftener that you are able, at the end of working with emotions, to come back to love and to allow that love to overflow all other considerations, the stronger you shall be in being able to do this work of allowing the self to bloom."