Bring4th

Full Version: Going vegan conciously?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been doing a "diet" the past 2 weeks and basically I eat good organic veggies, organic brown rice, and chicken or organic eggs for protein, no dairy and lots of purified fluoride-free water. I lost about 5 pounds already. I'm actually using fluoride-free toothpaste too. This weekend was my cheat time though Tongue But my mood has improved considerably and I've been doing a bit of meditation every day.

But now I am finding myself to withdraw from animal products because of a disturbing film I saw on Youtube concerning slaughterhouses. My mouth dropped when I saw it! I am going to use hemp products for my protein and good fat needs. I can also buy hemp protein shake mix and hemp milk all dairy free.

What my "master plan diet" that I am trying to achieve is to be completely non-animal consuming, such as the veggies, rice, hemp (all organic), and water. This diet is very humble though because I heard brown rice was a wartime and poverty food. There is also a product called Organic Super Veggie Juice and that will give me a boost in vegetable consumption.

And this is all coming from a person who loves Burger King and Dominos Pizza! Wow the Creator does answer prayers BigSmile
Hi GreatSpirit,
There a good source of info about vegetarian food in the book "The Vegetarian Myth" by Lierre Keith, one of the best researched ones I have ever read, could it useful for you in your seeking, imho.
What a beautiful story, GreatSpirit! Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

There are several threads that you might find helpful. Tomorrow when I have more time, I'll link some of them for you.
(09-17-2012, 03:09 AM)GreatSpirit Wrote: [ -> ]I lost about 5 pounds already.

By ONLY switching to strictly organic foods, I dropped about 15-20 pounds. Later on my body forced me to leave animal products as well, which was another 20 pounds. I still need to drop another 40 pounds but I eat way too much protein (mostly nuts), especially late at night.
I have been a vegan by choice now for over two months. While my sister and brother-in-law were living with me, they told me to watch this documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

I've been vegan since I watched it. I've been cooking a lot more and getting a lot of pleasure finding and creating substitutes for all the food I used to enjoy. And they are all delicious as well! there are so many myths about veganism that its literally astonishing how much we have been brainwashed about the foods we eat.

outside of it being the healthiest thing you can do for you.. you are what you eat! and when you want to accept that level of spirituality, you'll ask, why am i embodying death and cruelty? line up your beliefs with your actions, go vegan Smile
Great thread GreatSpirit! BigSmile

Thank you for sharing you're experience .) How is/did you're "master plan diet" workin/worked out for ya? I dunno how you live meow .p

Also thank you for that video Gribbons!!

I have been a vegetarian (with dairy), lately though I have acted on/off. I confess, cheese has been my crack. And I have eaten meat sometimes when I find it at home just for the taste of it or when it is served.

I feel bad, I want the animals to be free as we are. This video reminded/informed me of all of my selfishness. I truly have been a murderer no better that doing the murder myself. And I have seen Earthlings fully, so I have been aware of it all. Yet I forgot, something slipped my mind..

I agree with what he says and that pains me. The only way to make this right is to live as I think/feel is right. But I forgot it already once as I clearly see. Arghhh I am annoyed at myself, why did I craft such a bastard. Now I have to face this monster I have become, I can feel it, lazyness and selfishness.. Both make their presence known when I think about the solution.

Please all who so will, wish me luck, as I seek to remedy this wrong.

Apologies for the rave, all is well, I want to shine light on this part of me Heart
I've been lactose intolerant my whole life and wanted to be healed from it, and then I read Buddhist/essene teaching about vegetarianism and watch films about the slaughterhouses and I realized my higher self was trying to tell me something. I'm now pretty much vegan and I feel so great spiritually and physically.
(01-08-2013, 03:38 AM)MarcRammer Wrote: [ -> ]I went to a job interview today and needed nice shoes and saw my old new pair of leather shoes. I was like should I wear these skins of cows, I already bought them...? Heh
(I wore them, but next time I'll try not to kill a cow for a pair of shoes)

Ah, I've been in that exact same situation! For many years after I quit eating animals, I still wore them on my feet. I rationalized that leather was "just a by-product" of the meat industry and therefore "not as bad." And, I told myself, it was very difficult to find good quality leather shoes and purses! Which it was, before the age of internet!

I was embarrassed whenever I was around vegans, and made a point to wear non-leather sandals or running shoes on those occasions.

Eventually, I faced the contradiction and vowed to quit buying leather. By this time, there were finally better quality non-leather purses available, but good non-leather shoes were still difficult to find! I now buy only vinyl purses. There are some that look really nice! Quite different from the tacky-looking stuff they had 30 years ago! I don't even try to find any that look realistic. I don't want anyone to think I have a real-leather purse, with so many great non-leather options available!

I continued to wear the old shoes for awhile. I reasoned, "well hell, those cows are long dead anyway...what does it matter?" But I was less and less comfortable doing so, no matter how many years those old shoes had been in my closet.

Fortunately, I now work at home and can wear whatever I want. I still have a few pairs of dressy leather shoes that I almost never wear, so I see no point in getting rid of them, until I find good replacements...which I am now actively working on.

I long ago got rid of my old leather jackets. That feels like wearing a corpse...yuck!
I've been going 80/10/10 lately.
(01-12-2013, 04:44 PM)Taco Wrote: [ -> ]I've been going 80/10/10 lately.

I'm impressed! How's it working out?

Cyan

I hope those are food intake numbers and not breast waist hip
(01-13-2013, 08:04 PM)Cyan Wrote: [ -> ]I hope those are food intake numbers and not breast waist hip

BigSmile

http://www.amazon.com/The-80-10-Diet/dp/...2F10+vegan
(01-12-2013, 10:46 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty good so far!

A lot of poop from detox though lol.

I cheated today and ate some Vegan Spaghetti (rice pasta, no wheat) and it made me feel terrible! D;
(01-24-2013, 07:15 PM)Taco Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty good so far!

I cheated today and ate some Vegan Spaghetti (rice pasta, no wheat) and it made me feel terrible! D;

Because it was cooked?
(01-24-2013, 11:55 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2013, 07:15 PM)Taco Wrote: [ -> ]

Pretty good so far!

Because it was cooked?

Maybe, not sure. It just felt really heavy on me and I had to take a nap afterwards.