Bring4th

Full Version: Online Divination - I Ching -
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Avocado

Cool online I Ching. It gave me an accurate reading.

Here is some I ching wisdom from the hexagram called "before completion". When you get to the cast hexagram page after throwing the coins click on the "read original text" button to get even more wisdom!

Quote:
Cast Hexagram:

64 - Sixty-Four
Wei Chi / The End In Sight

Fire ascends above the Water:
The Superior Person examines the nature of things and keeps each in its proper place.

Too anxious the young fox gets his tail wet, just as he completes his crossing.
To attain success, be like the man and not like the fox.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

Resist the rush to completion.
Anticipation of fulfillment may callous you before you have fully absorbed the lessons of the journey.
The endpoint of this Quest will only prove to be the threshold for another.
You are short steps from Mastery on this plane, yet you stride toward Ignorance of the challenges lying beyond.
Savor this accomplishment.
Fully Become.
Take full possession of your world before embarking to discover the next one.
That voyage begins soon enough, and you will reminisce about this one.
These are the Good Old Days.

THE JUDGEMENT

BEFORE COMPLETION. Success.
But if the little fox, after nearly completing the crossing,
Gets his tail in the water,
There is nothing that would further.

The conditions are difficult. The task is great and full of responsibility. It is nothing less than that of leading the world out of confusion back to order. But it is a task that promises success, because there is a goal that can unite the forces now tending in different directions. At first, however, one must move warily, like an old fox walking over ice. The caution of a fox walking over ice is proverbial in China. His ears are constantly alert to the cracking of the ice, as he carefully and circumspectly searches out the safest spots. A young fox who as yet has not acquired this caution goes ahead boldly, and it may happen that he falls in and gets his tail wet when he is almost across the water. Then of course his effort has been all in vain. Accordingly, in times "before completion," deliberation and caution are the prerequisites of success.

[Image: Snake%20River_s.jpg]

Snake River

THE IMAGE

Fire over water:
The image of the condition before transition.
Thus the superior man is careful
In the differentiation of things,
So that each finds its place.
When fire, which by nature flames upward, is above, and water, which flows downward, is below, their effects take opposite directions and remain unrelated. If we wish to achieve an effect, we must first investigate the nature of the forces in question and ascertain their proper place. If we can bring these forces to bear in the right place, they will have the desired effect and completion will be achieved. But in order to handle external forces properly, we must above all arrive at the correct standpoint ourselves, for only from this vantage can we work correctly.
I have been using this online version of the I-ching for awhile now. Every now and then when I get the urge I will get a divination and every time it has synched up perfectly with events in my life.

Brittany

I asked a question the first time and found the results completely nonsensical. The second time I asked no question and simply asked my Higher Self to use this program as a means of communication with me, helping me see how I'm doing and what areas I might need to work on, and the results were startlingly clear and accurate. The first part sounds very similar to my Mayan dreamspell.

Cast Hexagram:

58 - Fifty-Eight
Tui / Empowering
The joyous Lake spans on and on to the horizon:
The Superior Person renews and expands his Spirit through heart-to-heart exchanges with others.

Success if you stay on course.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

This is the sign of true companionship.
The principals in this situation exchange energy, ideas and feelings, constantly invigorating and encouraging each other to new heights of Spiritual achievement and Self-discovery.
This exchange is not for the glory of the Team, but for furthering the process of each individual's 'Te', or pure potentiality.

Changing Lines:

There is One Changing Line.

Hexagram Fifty-Eight/Line Four:

This experimentation with diverse pleasures, this fruitless chase after the ultimate thrill, will damage you.
Joy is tranquil, not mad rushing, and will arise from peace.

Transformed Hexagram:

60 - Sixty

Chieh / Limitations

Waters difficult to keep within the Lake's banks:
The Superior Person examines the nature of virtue and makes himself a standard that can be followed.

Self-discipline brings success; but restraints too binding bring self-defeat.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

Cultivating the proper disciplines and the proper degree of discipline are the concerns of this hexagram.
By limiting options, you may give more attention to priorities.
One who is all over the map is no less lost than one without a map.
Avoid asceticism, however.
Deprivation is not wise discipline.
The key here is regulation, not restriction.

Upper Trigram:
Tui / Lake
Image: Lake, Marsh.
Qualities: Satisfied, Fulfilled, Excessive, Open, Pleasing, Joyous, Magical, Elfin, Mischievous.
Direction: West.
Family Member: Youngest Daughter.
Body Part: Mouth.
Season; Late Autumn.
Time of Day: Dusk.
Animal: Sheep.
Color: Blue.
Element: Flesh.
Miscellaneous: Sorceress, Tongue, Smashing, Breaking Apart, Dropping Off, Bursting Open, Hard Salty Soil, Concubine, Ripe Fruit, Goat, Gypsy.

Lower Trigram:
See Upper Trigram.
Oh wow. I asked my Higher Self to council me on a very specific issue using this program and the answer I got gave me chills! It was like direct advice and had to do exactly with what I asked about! TOTALLY bookmarking this! It's a lot easier to work with than my pendulum.
Cast Hexagram:

1 - One

Ch'ien / Creative Activity

Heaven above and Heaven below:
Heaven in constant motion.
With the strength of the dragon, the Superior Person steels himself for ceaseless activity.

Productive Activity.
Potent Influence.
Sublime Success if you keep to your course.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

The time for action has come.
You now have the focus and the stamina necessary for accomplishing great tasks.
The path before you is being cleared and reward lies ahead.

above: Ch'ien / The Creative, Heaven
below: Ch'ien / The Creative, Heaven

THE FIRST hexagram is made up of six unbroken lines. These unbroken lines stand for the primal power, which is light-giving, active, strong, and of the spirit. The hexagram is consistently strong in character, and since it is without weakness, its essence is power or energy. Its image is heaven. Its energy is represented as unrestricted by any fixed conditions in space and is therefore conceived of as motion. Time is regarded as the basis of this motion. Thus the hexagram includes also the power of time and the power of persisting in time, that is, duration.
The power represented by the hexagram is to be interpreted in a dual sense—in terms of its action on the universe and of its action on the world of men. In relation to the universe, the hexagram expresses the strong, creative action of the Deity. In relation to the human world, it denotes the creative action of the holy man or sage, of the ruler or leader of men, who through his power awakens and develops their higher nature.

THE JUDGEMENT

The creative works sublime success,
Furthering2 through perseverance.

ACCORDING to the original meaning, the attributes [sublimity, potentiality of success, power to further, perseverance] are paired. When an individual draws this oracle, it means that success will come to him from the primal depths of the universe and that everything depends upon his seeking his happiness and that of others in one way only, that is, by perseverance in what is right.
The specific meanings of the four attributes became the subject of speculation at an early date. The Chinese word here rendered by "sublime" means literally "head," "origin," "great." This is why Confucius says in explaining it: "Great indeed is the generating power of the Creative; all beings owe their beginning to it. This power permeates all heaven." For this attribute inheres in the other three as well.
The beginning of all things lies still in the beyond in the form of ideas that have yet to become real. But the Creative furthermore has power to lend form to these archetypes of ideas. This is indicated in the word success, and the process is represented by an image from nature: "The clouds pass and the rain does its work, and all individual beings flow into their forms."3
Applied to the human world, these attributes show the great man the way to notable success: "Because he sees with great clarity causes and effects, he completes the six steps at the right time and mounts toward heaven on them at the right time, as though on six dragons." The six steps are the six different positions given in the hexagram, which are represented later by the dragon symbol. Here it is shown that the way to success lies in apprehending and giving actuality to the way of the universe [Tao], which, as a law running through end and beginning, brings about all phenomena in time. Thus each step attained forthwith becomes a preparation for the next. Time is no longer a hindrance but the means of making actual what is potential.
The act of creation having found expression in the two attributes sublimity and success, the work of conservation is shown to be a continuous actualisation and differentiation of form. This is expressed in the two terms "furthering" (literally, "creating that which accords with the nature of a given being") and "persevering" (literally, "correct and firm"). "The course of the Creative alters and shapes beings until each attains its true, specific nature, then it keeps them in conformity with the Great Harmony. Thus does it show itself to further through perseverance."
In relation to the human sphere, this shows how the great man brings peace and security to the world through his activity in creating order: "He towers high above the multitude of beings, and all lands are united in peace."
Another line of speculation goes still further in separating the words "sublime," "success," "furthering," "perseverance," and parallels them with the four cardinal virtues in humanity. To sublimity, which, as the fundamental principle, embraces all the other attributes, it links love. To the attribute success are linked the mores, which regulate and organise the expressions of love and thereby make them successful. The attribute furthering is correlated with justice, which creates the conditions in which each receives that which accords with his being, that which is due him and which constitutes his happiness. The attribute perseverance is correlated with wisdom, which discerns the immutable laws of all that happens and can therefore bring about enduring conditions. These speculations, already broached in the commentary called Wen Yen, later formed the bridge connecting the philosophy of the "five stages (elements) of change," as laid down in the Book of History (Shu Ching) with the philosophy of the Book of Changes, which is based solely on the polarity of positive and negative principles. In the course of time this combination of the two systems of thought opened the way for an increasingly intricate number symbolism.

THE IMAGE

The movement of heaven is full of power.
Thus the superior man makes himself strong and (quite) untiring.

SINCE there is only one heaven, the doubling of the trigram Chien, of which heaven is the image, indicates the movement of heaven. One complete revolution of heaven makes a day, and the repetition of the trigram means that each day is followed by another. This creates the idea of time. Since it is the same heaven moving with untiring power, there is also created the idea of duration both in and beyond time, a movement that never stops nor slackens, just as one day follows another in an unending course. This duration in time is the image of the power inherent in the Creative.
With this image as a model, the sage learns how best to develop himself so that his influence may endure. He must make himself strong in every way, by consciously casting out all that is inferior and degrading. Thus he attains that tirelessness which depends upon consciously limiting the fields of his activity.
Thank you for the link Avocado!

Here's my reading:

Quote:Cast Hexagram:

Hexagram 3
Chun - Difficulty at the Beginning
above: K'an / The Abysmal, Water
below: Chên / The Arousing, Thunder

THE NAME of the hexagram, Chun, really connotes a blade of grass pushing against an obstacle as it sprouts out of the earth - hence the meaning, "difficulty at the beginning."
The hexagram indicates the way in which heaven and earth bring forth individual beings. It is their first meeting, which is beset with difficulties. The lower trigram Chên is the Arousing; its motion is upward and its image is thunder. The upper trigram K'an stands for the Abysmal, the dangerous. Its motion is downward and its image is rain. The situation points to teeming, chaotic profusion; thunder and rain fill the air. But the chaos clears up. While the Abysmal sinks, the upward movement eventually passes beyond the danger. A thunderstorm brings release from tension, and all things breathe freely again.

THE JUDGEMENT

Difficulty at the beginning works supreme success,
Furthering through perseverance.
Nothing should be undertaken.
It furthers one to appoint helpers.

TIMES OF GROWTH are beset with difficulties. They resemble a first birth. But these difficulties arise from the very profusion of all that is struggling to attain form. Everything is in motion: therefore if one perseveres there is a prospect of great success, in spite of the existing danger. When it is a man's fate to undertake such new beginnings, everything is still unformed, dark. Hence he must hold back, because any premature move might bring disaster. Likewise, it is very important not to remain alone; in order to overcome the chaos he needs helpers. This is not to say, however, that he himself should look on passively at what is happening. He must lend his hand and participate with inspiration and guidance.

Seems to fit with what I'm going through these days Smile
interesting that there's a thunderstorm starting right now as I type this BigSmile
I virtually copied Brittany Lynn's question (hope that's okay) and went from there...highly accurate response I found...kinda inspirational too.

"Higher Self, please use this program as a means of communication with me, helping me see how I'm doing and what areas I might need to work on.

K'un / Exhaustion

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

This is the realm of the Shaman.
You have exhausted every alternative, spent yourself completely, taxed body and mind beyond your former limits.
Survival and salvation lie beyond your reach now.
Only transcendence to a new existence -- a higher plane of being -- will see you through.
The Old You is just a dry husk.
You can't return to it.
Metamorphosis is the only grace offered.
You can only return to your homeland as a New You.

(09-19-2012, 02:45 AM)jacrob Wrote: [ -> ]I virtually copied Brittany Lynn's question (hope that's okay) and went from there...highly accurate response I found...kinda inspirational too.

I tried that. I found that I need to ask about each reading, as not every reading that comes up is a connected message. Some were random. If I got an affirmative, then I would read the answer.

The affirmatives actually gave me what I already knew, so it seemed to work. It just didn't work every single time. (Most likely other sources that try to influence me, standard for divination practice)

Brittany

(09-19-2012, 02:45 AM)jacrob Wrote: [ -> ]I virtually copied Brittany Lynn's question (hope that's okay) and went from there...highly accurate response I found...kinda inspirational too.

OMG, how dare you use the same questions as me?!? I am SO gonna come smite you for that!

TongueBigSmileHeart
(09-19-2012, 10:34 AM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]

OMG, how dare you use the same questions as me?!? I am SO gonna come smite you for that!

TongueBigSmileHeart

Isn't it 'smight'?

Brittany

No, it's smite.

smite [smīt]
(past smote [smōt], past participle smit·ten [smítt'n] or smote [smōt], present participle smit·ing, 3rd person present singular smites)
v
1. vti hit somebody or something hard: to hit somebody or something with a hard blow (archaic or literary)
2. vt affect or afflict somebody: to affect somebody strongly or disastrously, or afflict somebody with something (literary) (often passive)
3. vt fill somebody with love: to fill somebody with love or longing (literary) (usually passive)

(09-20-2012, 09:18 AM)Brittany Lynn Wrote: [ -> ]3. vt fill somebody with love: to fill somebody with love or longing (literary) (usually passive)

This one I assume?

I am sort of giggling at the idea of a malicious fist shaped thoughtform that is hot pink with glitter on it.Tongue
"I was asked to visit Germany, should I go there?"
Wow what a reply .P, seems like it answered what I really wanted to know. Also raised new questions, oh what a joy .)

Any hoo, thank you for posting this Avocado! BigSmile

• Cast Hexagram:

53 - Fifty-Three
Chien / Gradual Progress

The gnarled Pine grows tenaciously off the Cliff face:
The Superior Person clings faithfully to dignity and integrity, thus elevating the Collective Spirit of Man in his own small way.
Development.
The maiden is given in marriage.
Good fortune if you stay on course.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

Adaptability mixed with integrity will bring a calm, steady progress.
Move from your center, always faithful to your principles, yet with the flexibility to weather any tempest.
Yours is not a meteoric rise to the top, but the solid, confident footing of one who has a clear vision of what can be, and who is willing to climb the distance to reach it.
The oracle foresees companionship along the way -- a Divine comfort on any journey.

• Changing Lines:

There is One Changing Line.

Hexagram Fifty-Three/Line Three:

The wild geese nest in the open prairie.
The male leaves to forage; he will not return.
The brooding female will not hatch her young.
Predators close in.

• Transformed Hexagram:

20 - Twenty
Kuan / Contemplation

The gentle Wind roams the Earth:
The Superior Person expands his sphere of influence as he expands his awareness.
Deeply devoted to his pursuit of clarity and wisdom, he is unconscious of the inspiring, positive example he is setting for others to emulate.

You have cleansed yourself; now stand ready to make your humble, devout offering.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

The situation marks a rising to new heights.
As you climb for a better view of the panorama, you make yourself more conspicuous to those below.
This hexagram is also known as the Watchtower, because the shape formed by its lines resembles the ancient guardposts manned by Chinese soldiers.
These towers were placed on mountainsides to give a better vantage point.
To those below, the watchtowers served as landmarks to help them find their way.
The quality of your search for clarity in this situation serves as such a guidepost for others along the Way.

• Upper Trigram:
Sun / Wind
Image: Wind, Wood.
Qualities: Gentle, Penetrating, Gradual, Honest, Simple, Subtle, Transitory, Shifting, Elusive, Whispering, Caressing, Indecisive.
Direction: Southeast.
Family Member: Eldest Daughter.
Body Part: Thigh.
Season: Early Summer.
Time of Day: Midmorning.
Animal: Rooster.
Color: White.
Element: Air.
Miscellaneous: Guideline, Work, Long, High, Advance and Retreat, Odor, Gray-haired, Broad Forehead, White of the Eye, Close to the Grain, Threefold Return.

Lower Trigram:
Kên / Mountain
Image: Mountain.
Qualities: Tranquil, Immobile, Still, Perverse, Waiting, Patient, Calm, Stubborn, Inert, Methodical, Eternal.
Direction: Northeast.
Family Member: Youngest Son.
Body Part: Hand.
Season: Late Winter.
Time of Day: Dawn.
Animal: Dog.
Color: Emerald Green.
Element: Stone.
Miscellaneous: Byway, Mountain Path, Pebbles, Doorway, Opening, Gateway, Seed of Fruit, Eunuch, Watchman, Doorkeeper, Fingers, Rat, Black-billed Bird, Gnarled Tree.